Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Jaguar XK

Killed.

Sweet looking car from behind. Wide stance with HUGE rear tires.

It was an entrance ramp to a empty expressway race. 1 car in the right lane hoenstly. A little toyota was probably like WTF! as 2 muscle cars scream past him. I was behind him just waiting for him to hit it. He hit it and move into the left lane. I moved into the middle lane. He had 1 car length head start. I was about 6 car lengths ahead when I shut down. He didnt stand a chance.

That car looks and sounds mean but thats about it. Id love to see how we do against the XKR.

Bad things from this race. WTF.. The automatic sucks *****. Honestly. Even in manual mode... Why does this tranny shift whenever it feels like it even though it hit the paddle like 5 times. The tranny refuses to shift until redline at 7K. 6-7K RPM does nothing for the C63. I want to shift out at 6K... not 7K! LET ME! sheesh...

Also, ESP off... WTF.. the car still takes control if you drift a little. Is there a full off mode or what on this car?

Last edited by propain; 09-04-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
AFAIK, youd have to be in dyno to completely kill the traction control, but that also kills the ABS. I dont really think the Jag fits the definition of "muscle car" either...lol
Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mkonei
AFAIK, youd have to be in dyno to completely kill the traction control, but that also kills the ABS. I dont really think the Jag fits the definition of "muscle car" either...lol
Yeah, I guess not. It sure did sound like it though. Pretty mean sounding. I never encountered one.

MB isnt really a muscle car either is it?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:04 AM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
If you can destroy more than 80% of the cars out there, I'd say its a muscle car. The only cars that stand a chance are way more expensive or that have the ***** modded out of them.
If you mod the 63 than were back to square one, destroying over 90% of anything out there except of course for Veyrons and GT3's and a few others.

THAT'S MUSCLE TO ME!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:06 AM

C63
Originally Posted by propain
Killed.

Sweet looking car from behind. Wide stance with HUGE rear tires.

It was an entrance ramp to a empty expressway race. 1 car in the right lane hoenstly. A little toyota was probably like WTF! as 2 muscle cars scream past him. I was behind him just waiting for him to hit it. He hit it and move into the left lane. I moved into the middle lane. He had 1 car length head start. I was about 6 car lengths ahead when I shut down. He didnt stand a chance.

That car looks and sounds mean but thats about it. Id love to see how we do against the XKR.

Bad things from this race. WTF.. The automatic sucks *****. Honestly. Even in manual mode... Why does this tranny shift whenever it feels like it even though it hit the paddle like 5 times. The tranny refuses to shift until redline at 7K. 6-7K RPM does nothing for the C63. I want to shift out at 6K... not 7K! LET ME! sheesh...

Also, ESP off... WTF.. the car still takes control if you drift a little. Is there a full off mode or what on this car?

i'm confused is this the same propain that was against speeding?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dmyrick
You mean the chrome loving one?

Sorry Propain, I had to.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 AM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
I test drove the XK when it first came out.
Real disappointment! I was pulling out of the dealer lot and was accelerating into traffic when the engine cut out! WTF! Looked at the tach and realized I had hit the REV LIMITER! Did not feel like it was accelerating at all! The car has no ***** whatsoever...
Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
with my esp off , i have total control over what happens . my car does not recorrect itself . are you pushing the traction control once or are you holding it until it says " esp off "
Old 09-04-2009, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Never said that. I said doing 155 MPH or more unless you are on the track is stupid.

Of course I have fun with my C63. I told you I can get her up to 130MPH in safe road conditions. ZERO TRAFFIC. 130MPH is still quite manageable. 155 and above on the street is just idiotic.

Honestly im more of a 0-60 guy anyhow. I love the G pulls. After 130MPH your just gliding and the rush is over for me. No real rush doing 175MPH unless there is a feeling that you might wreck into someone. The idea of adrenaline brought on from the idea that I might wreck into mommy's mini van full of kids doing 155+ MPH is not my kind of fun. I only play with my own life, not others.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 PM

C63
I told you i only do speed runs in ZERO TRAFFIC. but you are street racing blowing past mr Toyota.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
The XK generates only about 385 bhp, if memory serves, and is more of a luxury GT, I suppose.

I can't believe we qualify 385 bhp with the word "only" nowadays. LOL
Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I told you i only do speed runs in ZERO TRAFFIC. but you are street racing blowing past mr Toyota.
Go take your meds and stop trying to stir up trouble.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
The XK generates only about 385 bhp, if memory serves, and is more of a luxury GT, I suppose.

I can't believe we qualify 385 bhp with the word "only" nowadays. LOL
Not sure of the year. I think the 2010's have more HP.

It is funny how 385HP is an "only" now. Crazy....

When I told people my CTSV had 400HP in 2004 they were like "WOW!" Now its mediocre.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:25 PM

C63
Go take your meds and stop trying to stir up trouble.
good idea i will do that. you try and stop being two faced also.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
good idea i will do that. you try and stop being two faced also.
Im being two faced? You only race in zero traffic yet you run from the cops.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...lice-cars.html

I never said I didn’t race. I even stated on a previous thread that I only race with Zero traffic. The Toyota was entering the expressway with us. He was in front of both of us. I was probably doing 65 MPH when I passed him. He was in the right, me in the middle and the Jag in the left. I didn’t blow past him doing 155 MPH. Big difference racing and doing top end runs at 155+ MPH you dope.

Im really getting tired of your BS on this forum. You like to stir up crap and then come back and blame it on your meds or some other Bipolar bullcrap. If you wanna be an Ahole on this forum then just stay true to yourself and stop blaming it on some BS medical problem as justification for acting like one.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Not sure of the year. I think the 2010's have more HP.

It is funny how 385HP is an "only" now. Crazy....

When I told people my CTSV had 400HP in 2004 they were like "WOW!" Now its mediocre.
Times really have changed. I remember as a kid oohing and ahhhing over the newly-released 1977 Porsche 928 and its 240 bhp V8 engine. A 15-second 1/4 mile time was very impressive. Now? You can get that in a 4-cylinder Honda S2000.

*rolls eyes*
Old 09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I thought the 200HP hump in the late 80's early 90's was magical.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:51 PM

C63
Im being two faced? You only race in zero traffic yet you run from the cops.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...lice-cars.html

I never said I didn’t race. I even stated on a previous thread that I only race with Zero traffic. The Toyota was entering the expressway with us. He was in front of both of us. I was probably doing 65 MPH when I passed him. He was in the right, me in the middle and the Jag in the left. I didn’t blow past him doing 155 MPH. Big difference racing and doing top end runs at 155+ MPH you dope.

Im really getting tired of your BS on this forum. You like to stir up crap and then come back and blame it on your meds or some other Bipolar bullcrap. If you wanna be an Ahole on this forum then just stay true to yourself and stop blaming it on some BS medical problem as justification for acting like one.
I don't mind being called an Ahole. But if your street racing your breaking just as many laws as i do, and considering that i haven't been able to do a top speed run because of traffic and i haven't run from the cops (i just asked about) And you just posted about a race i bet you breaking the law more than me also, you are stupid.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
I thought the 200HP hump in the late 80's early 90's was magical.
But you know, if you hump someone using the thrust of 200hp, you'll probably break him/her in half.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But you know, if you hump someone using the thrust of 200hp, you'll probably break him/her in half.

Oh shi*T, I just bursted with laughter and I had a mouthful of water. Poor laptop screen.....good thing I am using a Toughbook.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I don't mind being called an Ahole. But if your street racing your breaking just as many laws as i do, and considering that i haven't been able to do a top speed run because of traffic and i haven't run from the cops (i just asked about) And you just posted about a race i bet you breaking the law more than me also, you are stupid.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

Gotta love the HP wars....
Old 09-04-2009, 01:33 PM

C63

what a comeback, and it took so long to think it up. smilies are great equalizers for retarded people.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
what a comeback, and it took so long to think it up. smilies are great equalizers for retarded people.

Let it go. I told you to go take your meds.

The guy with mental problems is calling me a retard...
Old 09-04-2009, 01:43 PM

C63
okay i'll let go. but i did have a lot of fun jacking with you, very therapeutic for me. I can hardly wait for the next time.
Cheers
dmyrick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jaguar XK