Dyno results are in for 2nd cat X pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
Dyno results are in for 2nd cat X pipe

Hi guys, we just finished Unbreakable1 's C63 dyno.

This is no way is advocating the removal of smog components, and is only meant for testing purposes.

Test conditions:
Baseline fully stock 91 Oct vs
GT PRO's new product called the "Single X" secondary cat delete for C63. (yes it is totally removable and your cats can be reinstalled after the test)

Baseline best (not lowest#, but HIGHEST # baseline was used)

Test was also performed with charcoal filter removed as well. (we saw 10hp 7tq on this mod alone)

We picked up 15RWHP and 19TQ, but the best part is that in the mid range we're picking up 25RWHP and 27tq, the mods also show a gain everywhere in the curve.

I hope you guys like it. We will be doing a formal release of the "Single X" and "Double XX" by this weeks end.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results are in for 2nd cat X pipe-adarsh-c63-1.jpg  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Oh, I forgot, you guys prob. want the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4L9k991QXw
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
WOW!! impressive. so :

10whp/7lb-tq with just the X pipes(highest peak numbers)
15whp/19lb-tq with X pipe and Charcoal removal(highest peak numbers)
25 whp/27lb-tq throughout the mid range?

Holly sssshhhiat. That is some good gains. Any prices yet? also, how long does it take for the install? do you have to cut the rear cats or is this a long piece that can bolt on? Thanks and congrats.

Last edited by C63newdude; 09-28-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
thats impressive what gear did you use for the dyno 4th or 5th (1-1)
Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 AM

2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
just thought i'd chime in..

first of all, Brian was great...i had so many questions before i jumped into this and he answered every single one w/ out hesitation, and most importantly, honestly

when i decided to go for it, he offered AND came through on dropping me off at work and picking me up at days end...from fullerton to east la!

even more so, all the guys at GT PRO were awesome...when we walked in they all greeted me and introduced themselves

the car...i dont really know how to describe it...She sounds soooo much more refined at lower rpms ( < 4k), and hopefully i dont get destroyed for offering this comparison, but almost Italian-like.....above 4k She maintains the beast quality that we all love, slightly louder

the resonator was not removed so its not ridiculously loud

the power feels muchhhhh smoother, more "linear" i guess, and can be felt throught the band...the lower rpms seem to rip through much quicker...i havent had a chance to test her all that much but im loving it already

anybody thinkn about doing a 2nd cat delete i would 100% recommend the "single X" from GT Pro
i was debating back and forth whether to go to a muffler shop, save money w/ a straight pipe and be done...but im glad i didnt, this is definitely the way to go

much thanks to Brian and the guys at GT PRO

Last edited by Unbreakable1; 09-29-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Originally Posted by C63newdude
WOW!! impressive. so :

Holly sssshhhiat. That is some good gains. Any prices yet? also, how long does it take for the install? do you have to cut the rear cats or is this a long piece that can bolt on? Thanks and congrats.
On top of thhose questions how would it fare if we decided to go with Kleeman K2 and like a catback exhaust later on?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
Pictures? Pricing? Avail?

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 AM

LS430
Sounds great, do you have any on street videos such as the car rolling away on acceleration and what not?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by C63newdude
WOW!! impressive. so :

i didnt notice this earlier but you have the area of gains slightly off

10whp/7lb-tq was after the charcoal filter removal ONLY (highest peak #s)
15whp/19lb-tq was after Charcoal removal AND x-pipe placed (highest peak numbers)

as for cutting, Brian mentioned that no cutting was done...if i ever need to place my cat back on, it can be bolted back into place

Originally Posted by UGOTMOPPED
Pictures? Pricing? Avail?
im sure these are for Brian so ill let him handle those...

Originally Posted by E55AMGFan
Sounds great, do you have any on street videos such as the car rolling away on acceleration and what not?
Brian didnt take any videos as i rolled away, it was late as i was leaving his shop already
i dont get home till 8pm m-f so its gonna be tough for me to do anything during the week but ill definitely try to get a cold start and a couple other videos done some time this weekend

Last edited by Unbreakable1; 09-29-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Good stuff! Congrats.

Josh
Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
WOW! And those gains are without a tune. Great news.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 AM

C63
wow it's amazing getting 10hp and 7tq from just taking out the charcoal filters.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Unbreakable1
i didnt notice this earlier but you have the area of gains slightly off

10whp/7lb-tq was after the charcoal filter removal ONLY (highest peak #s)
15whp/19lb-tq was after Charcoal removal AND x-pipe placed (highest peak numbers)
So the actual peak gains after removing the charcoals is 5whp/12lb-tq?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dmyrick
wow it's amazing getting 10hp and 7tq from just taking out the charcoal filters.
And you get a bazillion for throwing in K&Ns.

This pretty much confirms what Vadim found.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:53 AM

C63
Sin, you didnt even read your own quote he said "10whp/7lb-tq was after the charcoal filter removal ONLY"
Old 09-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jae Duk
On top of thhose questions how would it fare if we decided to go with Kleeman K2 and like a catback exhaust later on?
im guessing it should be additional...but i think this is another one for Brian

Originally Posted by Sincity
So the actual peak gains after removing the charcoals is 5whp/12lb-tq?
after removing charcoals was +10whp/+7lb-tq from baseline

after 2nd cat delete/x-pipe was another +5whp/+12lb-tq

total of +15whp/+19lb-tq from baseline
Old 09-29-2009, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dmyrick
Sin, you didnt even read your own quote he said "10whp/7lb-tq was after the charcoal filter removal ONLY"
Correct. So the actual gain from the x-pipe is 5whp/12tq like Unbreakable posted above. Or did I miss something?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Unbreakable1
im guessing it should be additional...but i think this is another one for Brian

after removing charcoals was +10whp/+7lb-tq from baseline

after 2nd cat delete/x-pipe was another +5whp/+12lb-tq

total of +15whp/+19lb-tq from baseline
So the stock secondary cats flow pretty well?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I think the best part about this ......no cutting, just remove and bolt on as I understood, I wasnt big on cutting, so this is defienetly something I would be interested, "Unbreakable1" if you could get some clips of your car on the street accelerating, driveby etc, that would be great, I am sure Brian would get some "group buys", hint hint hint. Good job guys!!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Hi guys, well I'm glad you all like what we did.

As far as the peak numbers, Sin you are correct. I think the point that is being missed here by most is the power we're making through the entire curve. What I feel is most important when designing a product, is to build something that not just generates a *peak* number, but something that is drivable, and makes an appreciable difference through the ENTIRE power band, this is what makes for a fast car. If you take a peek, you will see that the mods make power everywhere, and this is where the *Single X* shines, is in the midrange, the charcoal removal accounts for about 9hp 7Tq avg, whereas the overall gain is 25hp and 29Tq, so in the midrange portion the *Single X* is making 16hp 22Tq average in the midrange. Not earth shattering, but a very feelable gain, especially without a tune.

Installation: There is ONE cut you must make, no way around it, it is a simple cut (we provide pics and instructions on how to do it and only takes 5 mins. This one cut is not an issue when it comes to re-installing your 2nd cats, we provide you with a slip joint that bolts on like a factory item, that allows you to put the 2nd's back on quickly and easily, most, if not paying attention would never catch it being messed with. BUT I want to be 100% clear, there is ONE cut that needs to be made, and yes you can do it at home easily with the cutter we will be supplying with the kit.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1st amg
I think the best part about this ......no cutting, just remove and bolt on as I understood, I wasnt big on cutting, so this is defienetly something I would be interested, "Unbreakable1" if you could get some clips of your car on the street accelerating, driveby etc, that would be great, I am sure Brian would get some "group buys", hint hint hint. Good job guys!!
yea im definitely gonna do this, but its most likely going to have to wait till the weekend...
Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO

As far as the peak numbers, Sin you are correct. I think the point that is being missed here by most is the power we're making through the entire curve. What I feel is most important when designing a product, is to build something that not just generates a *peak* number, but something that is drivable, and makes an appreciable difference through the ENTIRE power band, this is what makes for a fast car. If you take a peek, you will see that the mods make power everywhere, and this is where the *Single X* shines, is in the midrange, the charcoal removal accounts for about 9hp 7Tq avg, whereas the overall gain is 25hp and 29Tq, so in the midrange portion the *Single X* is making 16hp 22Tq average in the midrange. Not earth shattering, but a very feelable gain, especially without a tune.

Installation: There is ONE cut you must make, no way around it, it is a simple cut (we provide pics and instructions on how to do it and only takes 5 mins. This one cut is not an issue when it comes to re-installing your 2nd cats, we provide you with a slip joint that bolts on like a factory item, that allows you to put the 2nd's back on quickly and easily, most, if not paying attention would never catch it being messed with. BUT I want to be 100% clear, there is ONE cut that needs to be made, and yes you can do it at home easily with the cutter we will be supplying with the kit.
Well said.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO

Great job!

Im local to you guys, what's the cost to get it installed? TIA.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What is the cost of the part? I don't want Renntech Sound Pipe shock.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Sincity
What is the cost of the part? I don't want Renntech Sound Pipe shock.
Understood, $2200.00 for a resonator delete alone is ridiculous.

I was going to make a formal post on Friday, but I am being urged by many to release now, so here goes (I will put up a new post for sales on Friday with some decent photos etc.)

Is our product going to be cheap? No, but is it reasonable for what you get for your money? I truly believe so. Like I always say, good work (well in this case product) is not cheap, and cheap work(product) is not good. I do believe in a good value, and at this price point, I believe the product gives a good value to our clients.

Our pricing is going to be for 304 stainless steel only (no cheap mild steel is even being considered) 100% Made in the USA:

$795.00 for the "Single X" or "Single X-R1"
"Single X" is the front cat delete pipe, and the "Single X-R1" is the resonator delete.

"Double XX" is a "Single X" and "Single X-R1" combined into a package for $1449.00

We may do a Group buy to kick this off, and get you guys some savings if we can get enough people committed. Let me know what you think guys!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno results are in for 2nd cat X pipe