C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

gasoline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
gasoline

what gasoline would you guys rank best to worst..

(in no particular order)
sunoco
getty
exxon
shell
bp
lukoil
Old 10-02-2009, 07:42 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
I prefer either Shell or Chevron, but only because they seem to have the nicest stations around here. I have no actual knowledge of this, but I remember being told by someone in the oil industry that the gas all comes from the same place anyway, and that those "special" marketing catch phrases are just that. (ie. techron, V-power, etc)

The only time I've heard of bad gas was from some Arco stations, but that was because a few stations watered it down or something like that.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
For the most part I try to get Exxon whenever I can. The only time I've ever really gotten bad gas was at a Sonoco, for some reason their Premium (what I always ask for, 93 octane almost everywhere) is only 91 octane.. You have to ask for I think Ultra..
Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM

C63
find one without ethanol if you can, i get 93 without ethanol from liberty {local station} otherwise i would use chevron with techron.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 C63 11 E350
I think the "quality" of the actual station is more important. Old tanks and pumps that haven't been updated means lots of dirty fuel. Especially if you were to buy gas after the load of fuel was transferred from the tanker without allowing the dirt to settle.

Gasoline is trasnsported via pipeline throughout the country and is generic for all practical purposes. Only after it gets to the final depot prior to tanker shipment is where each Brand additives are added.

Many "discount" stations get their product delivered by carriers that haul other petroleum products-meaning they could get gasoline to haul to your favorite station right after they dropped a load of Jet A to the airport or bunker oil to a dock yard fuel farm. Since the tankers aren't "cleaned" between loads you get get some really bad **** for your whip.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 PM

C63
I used to own a tuned turbo setup and was recommended to stay away from Chevron (supposedly Techron robs octane). At the time I stuck to only Shell or 76.

Now with the C63, I just go to the nearest Mobil as it usually 5 cents cheaper than other stations around my area.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Arclight338
I think the "quality" of the actual station is more important. Old tanks and pumps that haven't been updated means lots of dirty fuel. Especially if you were to buy gas after the load of fuel was transferred from the tanker without allowing the dirt to settle.

Gasoline is trasnsported via pipeline throughout the country and is generic for all practical purposes. Only after it gets to the final depot prior to tanker shipment is where each Brand additives are added. How true this is, as I used to work at one of the MANY facilities that refines this mixture, aka trans-mix as we called it.

Many "discount" stations get their product delivered by carriers that haul other petroleum products-meaning they could get gasoline to haul to your favorite station right after they dropped a load of Jet A to the airport or bunker oil to a dock yard fuel farm. Since the tankers aren't "cleaned" between loads you get get some really bad **** for your whip.
Ethanol is a VERY cheap octane booster. But alas, just about EVERY major brand is now useing it

We used to use toulene as an octane booster, or as my boss called it " Asprin for poor quality"

Anyway, VERY few, if any actual brands are pure these days. Just about everyone gets trans-mix, refines it at their stations, and adds whatever to it. Don't get caught up on a brand, as the quality will change form state to state. Just find a local dealer that your car runs good on, and let God sort it out. After all, you really will NEVER know what is in it Trust me on this one my friends.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:57 AM

C63
For a while i've been searching for a station that does not use Ethanol is their another way to search instead of stairing at each station i pass:s?