Sponsored by:

Cant Decide?Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' S550,,,C63!
Cant Decide?Help

Make a long story short, I had a C63 08' and sold it and I am in the markert for another car but cant decide between these.

1.2010 C63 with Performance Plus

2. 2010 E63 with only P2.

3. 2010 Range Rove Sport S/C loaded with 510hp

any suggestions.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Don't get the rover, man. It is nothing compared to the benz. It has reliability problems. On the top of that rolling disaster, a kid with a pencil and paper would design a car just like a Land Rover if asked to.

Why did you sell your C63? Did you like it or not? Was it a problem related to the vehicle? PPP won't solve it. If it was an external factor that made you sell it, maybe C63 is the way to go.

E63, same question: Why did you sell the C? E63 is the older brother. If you did not like the handling of your C, that won't change in the E. It is just a bigger car with the same engine (added horsepower).

What I heard - did not prove - is that the C63 is more wild while E63 is less sportive and more classy. Both are beasts.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:52 PM

08' S550,,,C63!
Thanks,

I had sold my C63 because it had no luxury to it at the same time but now I can add some goodies like PPP, keyless go, and parkdistane. That is why I am reconsidering.

The E63 2010' looks nice but it look big in person and I wasnt convinced by the back of the back how the light look in the back.

The Rover Supercharged is nice but I cant seem to pick one.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:57 PM

07 jeepGCSRT8/04 SVT COBRA.....soon c63AMG
'10 CTS-V////
Old 10-26-2009, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
If you want the luxury, just get the S65 AMG...or even the 2010 E63. I'm a little surprised that keyless go, parktronic, would make a difference, having already owned a C63...
Old 10-26-2009, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Originally Posted by esport
Thanks,

I had sold my C63 because it had no luxury to it at the same time but now I can add some goodies like PPP, keyless go, and parkdistane. That is why I am reconsidering.

The E63 2010' looks nice but it look big in person and I wasnt convinced by the back of the back how the light look in the back.

Instead of loosing money those options you listed can be installed by your local body shop if you buy the parts...except the keyless go though. But everything else you can get.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:24 PM

08' S550,,,C63!
Originally Posted by Even Money
If you want the luxury, just get the S65 AMG...or even the 2010 E63. I'm a little surprised that keyless go, parktronic, would make a difference, having already owned a C63...
Actually it doesnt make that much of a difference but really I love the exhaust on it and the new E63 will never sound like that out of factory. The C63 has by far the best exhasut note in AMG!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Originally Posted by esport
Thanks,

I don't know, man. I guess you'll get over the fascination for those goodies in no-time and will find yourself again in urge to sell the C63. I find difficult to opinate, because price tags here in brazil are rather different from the US. I'd suggest the CLS63 AMG. Price tag is a little bit higher, but that car, IMO, delivers finesse. At least as much as you can get for that amount of money.

One thing that I always think when comparing cars is that nothing comes at no cost. So, if you have two cars that cost the same, but one has much more luxury than another (except for slight variations, of course), probably it lacks something that is not luxury related, that in the other vehicle, more simple, is better. That rule applies well when comparing similar brands, such as merc and BMW. Not so good if you think of a subaru, since you are not paying as much for the brand there.

I don't think my C63 has no luxury. It actually does. But I'm happy to have a car with less luxury and a more expansive engine. As a member once said in a thread about door pins: "I didn't buy the car for the high-end door pins, but for the expensive engine"...
Old 10-27-2009, 09:56 AM

08' S550,,,C63!
Originally Posted by mzporto
I don't know, man. I guess you'll get over the fascination for those goodies in no-time and will find yourself again in urge to sell the C63. I find difficult to opinate, because price tags here in brazil are rather different from the US. I'd suggest the CLS63 AMG. Price tag is a little bit higher, but that car, IMO, delivers finesse. At least as much as you can get for that amount of money.

One thing that I always think when comparing cars is that nothing comes at no cost. So, if you have two cars that cost the same, but one has much more luxury than another (except for slight variations, of course), probably it lacks something that is not luxury related, that in the other vehicle, more simple, is better. That rule applies well when comparing similar brands, such as merc and BMW. Not so good if you think of a subaru, since you are not paying as much for the brand there.

I don't think my C63 has no luxury. It actually does. But I'm happy to have a car with less luxury and a more expansive engine. As a member once said in a thread about door pins: "I didn't buy the car for the high-end door pins, but for the expensive engine"...
Actually here in Puerto Rico Price tags are high on cars. For example C63 loaded would sell for $105,000 and a S550 $155,000!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:05 AM

future W204 owner
the range rover sport is a sick SUV and have always wanted one. i convinced my wife to get one over the lexus RX. if i was going to buy an SUV it would be a Range. But it just considers what kind of vehicle you want. SUV or car.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:34 AM

08' S550,,,C63!
As of now I am kinda looking into the Range Rover S/C or E63! I like the SUV because roads here suck as hell. That is the reason that I am looking more into an SUV.