C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in LA want to prove that their C63 is faster than an M3? Legally and on TV.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
The more you think about it this competition really means nothing. There will be no even playing field I think the M3s will always have advantage due to the bigger community and more mods available/drivers.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
So, let me get this straight, you're chiding M3 drivers for overhauling the weak point of their car (the motor), but you're saying it's perfectly acceptable for a C63 driver to overhaul the weak point of their car (suspension)?

Overhaul the engine vs install coilovers??? Replacing the engine with a stroker or adding an FI package to it would be more akin to replacing the entire suspension on the C63 with the one used on the DTM race cars!

If you want to go that route, then the contest will simply be won by whoever has the deepest pockets and prove nothing.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
i think that the race should be between equal cars ( bone stock or a few bolt-ons ) . if they wanna bring out some stroked car or a car completely done by HPF with a stage 4 kit , that is completely rediculous . what are we gonna do next , race a v6 mustang vs. john force and call it a battle of the mustangs in the 1/4 mile . it can't be a "run whatcha brung" .
Old 10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
I dont know if it's true but I heard it's not open to the public....its just the competitors plus a guest each
Old 10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by qship5
Overhaul the engine vs install coilovers??? Replacing the engine with a stroker or adding an FI package to it would be more akin to replacing the entire suspension on the C63 with the one used on the DTM race cars!

If you want to go that route, then the contest will simply be won by whoever has the deepest pockets and prove nothing.
Which is exactly why this contest should be 100% stock vs. 100% stock.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
If this event does'nt happen lets just have a M3/C63 BBQ MEET...oh wait I think it should me C63/M3 BBQ MEET
Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
seriously, if you wanted to represent the forum in the BEST possible light and you want to give the guy this kind of a hard time, then why don't you volunteer to drive someone else's C63 like they're doing on m3post?

at least the guy is willing to do it and we all know that his car is pretty damn fast. I don't see the C63 owners lining up for this now... do you? (and there are a LOT of C63 owners on this forum that live in LA.)

this isn't a serious competition, it's a reality tv show. we all know that peoples' cars will be different and that peoples' driving skills are not on the same level. these matches are NOT indicative of how you and your car will perform or if the cars were put in the hands of pro drivers. if Josh wins, your dick doesn't grow and if Josh loses, your dick doesn't get smaller. I don't see what all the insecurity is about (that is readily prominent on the C63 forum).

I don't understand what all the male genitalia references have to do with this event. Leave me out of your homoerotic fantasies.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by brickdds
seriously, if you wanted to represent the forum in the BEST possible light and you want to give the guy this kind of a hard time, then why don't you volunteer to drive someone else's C63 like they're doing on m3post?

at least the guy is willing to do it and we all know that his car is pretty damn fast. I don't see the C63 owners lining up for this now... do you? (and there are a LOT of C63 owners on this forum that live in LA.)

this isn't a serious competition, it's a reality tv show. we all know that peoples' cars will be different and that peoples' driving skills are not on the same level. these matches are NOT indicative of how you and your car will perform or if the cars were put in the hands of pro drivers. if Josh wins, your dick doesn't grow and if Josh loses, your dick doesn't get smaller. I don't see what all the insecurity is about (that is readily prominent on the C63 forum).

I don't understand what all the male genitalia references have to do with this event. Leave me out of your homoerotic fantasies.
the reference was to you having a minuscule ***** that you're obviously trying to compensate for with your car, dip****.

good job rebutting my initial post by calling a moderator a ***.

p.s. I love how you put your "profession" in your username. as if you weren't a douchebag enough with the way you talk. pathetic.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
So, let me get this straight, you're chiding M3 drivers for overhauling the weak point of their car (the motor), but you're saying it's perfectly acceptable for a C63 driver to overhaul the weak point of their car (suspension)?

+1 :
Old 10-29-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Jrcart and his Black Series anyone? Or C63s only?
Old 10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by Sincity
Jrcart and his Black Series anyone? Or C63s only?
C63's only. I wish I could see JRCart take on DerekFSU's GT-R on tv though!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nlpamg
good job rebutting my initial post by calling a moderator a ***.
Call a MOD a *** =
Old 10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
Call a MOD a *** = ON SUSPENSION
FIXED
Old 10-29-2009, 04:09 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by yooker
The M3 guys have 2 seasoned licensed track racers participating.

Looks like they are trying to get the 4.6L stroked M3 and a supercharged 1 accepted for entry. Do we even have anything remotely close to what they've stacked up?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=311076&page=4
This event is a great idea but when you start talking about getting professional drivers to drive the cars of other owners this competition starts to lose its creditability. The original purpose is to have a couple forum members compete against opposing forum members with similar cars. I mean if Michael Schumacher was driving C63 Guy's car and it crushed the opposing M3 in the time trial what would that prove? It seems like there isn't really any rules and if there are any rules they are very liberal. If that is the case why don't the forum sponsors step it up and sponsor someones C63 and place their advertisments on the car. Better yet why doesn't the AMG Private Lounge help enter a worked C63 with a MCT transmission.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:26 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
This should be fun. After that 5 page thread, it's time to put up or shut up guys. Everybody here talks up their C63 to no end, now put your money where your mouth is.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315818

I actually would never wish this on anyone but what did you expect was going to happen.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by brickdds
Old 10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315818

I actually would never wish this on anyone but what did you expect was going to happen.
Tightie also removed his blower off and is parting it off.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Tightie also removed his blower off and is parting it off.
Failures during the early stage of S65 supercharging is not surprising. The supercharger itself is relatively simple but having a good tune require try and error.(blown motors)

S54 supercharging went a long way before it is as stable as it is today. I would expect the same for the S65.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
brickdds..

YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FKING QUOTE

NOT COPY AND PASTE.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Jeffield
brickdds..

YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FKING QUOTE

NOT COPY AND PASTE.
lol
Old 10-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
What they are ACTUALLY doing is pairing up similar HP M3 vs C63, to make it a fair fight, and trying to make the differences show in the drivers skill and chassis dynamics. They are also trying to pair driver to driver, not an ACE driver vs a beginner driver.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Well guys, my email is in, and I'm waiting for a response. I'm definitely no hotshot on the track, but I certainly enjoy doing what I can. And as I've said on the forum before, my drag racing experience is limited to "mash it and hold on." (Which is actually a pretty good formula for this car.)

A friend with a boosted M3 put in his car, and he'll actually be driving his own car, too, so I hope they pick him for that reason, even if his car is faster than mine. Unfortunately he is a hotshot on the track, so I kind of hope they don't pick him for that reason.

Thanks nlpamg for sticking up for me/straightening out brickdds. As if anything I do will affect people's perception of him...

And, as always, thanks for the support guys! I hope I do right by the crew, and I hope they choose to pick actual owner/drivers like me instead of racers in other people's cars...

Josh
Old 10-30-2009, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
good luck hope you get pick... and remember to have fun
Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 PM

W204 C63 AMG, E60 530i, E46 325i
That would be like the M3 crew. They know their engine is inferior so the want to run a stroked version or FI! Bolt on mods only should be allowed. As far as the driver is concerned, that should be an even playing field as well. Licensed racers should only be allowed if they are on both sides. Is this a comparison of the cars or the driver's skills???

I've left many E92 M3s on the track or watched them go off while I chased them down, but I'm not driving from TX to CA with the C63 just like another member said. A tuned C63 (bolt ons and SW flash) will kill a similarly tuned M3 in a straight line, and with some properly set KW V3s on it it will hang with if not beat an M3 in the slalom and road course. The real difference on the slalom and road course will be driver skill.
LOL, I'm sorry but I just spewed in my mouth and choked to death as I squirm on the floor, after reading that bold part and the following post. Like CylinderHead said, so its perfectly fine to do suspension modifications (which help you considerably track-wise), but no engine modifications are allowed?

And what is wrong with F/I'ing or stroking the M3? If there was a stroker kit for the C63 AMG, I'm sure the "C63 crew" would do the same. And for your information, 4.0L V8 vs 6.2L V8 - that's a 2.2L displacement disadvantage; yet the M3 is already notoriously the quicker car around 5 in 6 tracks in almost 80% of the automotive reviews on this internet. Now that is concluded by some of the most famous drivers in the world, like Horst von Saurma (on the Nurburging), Top Gear UK review and US's own Edmunds review of both cars. Now what can possibly be more credible: the track experience/view of a random individual in TX, or the likewise from infamous, highly reputable and credible automotive journalists, drivers and reviews. Hmmm hard choice.

So honestly, what is wrong with leveling the power/torque difference from the lack of displacement in the M3? Put the money where your mouth is and go to TX and show them that even after leveling the field (engine performance-wise), a C63 AMG can still own an M3.

And lastly, you shun down other modifications because the M3 has the capacity to and support to, yet its perfectly fine for C63 AMG drivers to do all these bolt-on modifications to further extend the power/torque lead a C63 has over a M3. Real impressive. Try giving the C63 a 4.0L V8, and do the bolt-ons. Good luck! No really, good luck! But give the M3 a 6.2L V8, and we're talking.

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
The more you think about it this competition really means nothing. There will be no even playing field I think the M3s will always have advantage due to the bigger community and more mods available/drivers.
Yeah, okay. The M3 is physically quicker on track because it has a bigger community and more mods and drivers.

Can I get some of what your smoking? Stock vs Stock (i.e no modifications), the M3 is quicker around a track if you compare them using the same driver or two skilled drivers (less reliable). Modded vs Modded, you can never know because it is based upon who has the deepest pockets. But so far for heavily modified cars on both terms, M3 wins. See DLS's videos on this forum...

Originally Posted by transferred
+1 :
+1

Last edited by iftwb; 10-31-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
And, as always, thanks for the support guys! I hope I do right by the crew, and I hope they choose to pick actual owner/drivers like me instead of racers in other people's cars...
Josh
+1.. In the OP it says "Forum vs. Forum. M3 vs. C63. Owner vs. Owner."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone in LA want to prove that their C63 is faster than an M3? Legally and on TV.