C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in LA want to prove that their C63 is faster than an M3? Legally and on TV.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
Well, guys, I guess I'm going to let the cat out of the bag. I/we were chosen to be the C63 light modified challenger for the stroked M3.

I will preface this by saying, that I too am no hotshot driver, but I feel I can hold my own on all areas they are requesting. My/our car, will be properly tuned for a balance between these tests. I will do my best/damnedest to make the C63 community proud.

There are a few elements that I want to make sure you ALL know up front, there will be some "scripted" smack talk in this, to "spice up" things, this is NOT my personality, or M.O., this part is going to be me acting Hollywood LOL, whatever it takes to make the director/producers happy. So PLEASE...don't give me a hard time for the scripting LOL.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
Well, guys, I guess I'm going to let the cat out of the bag. I/we were chosen to be the C63 light modified challenger for the stroked M3.

I will preface this by saying, that I too am no hotshot driver, but I feel I can hold my own on all areas they are requesting. My/our car, will be properly tuned for a balance between these tests. I will do my best/damnedest to make the C63 community proud.

There are a few elements that I want to make sure you ALL know up front, there will be some "scripted" smack talk in this, to "spice up" things, this is NOT my personality, or M.O., this part is going to be me acting Hollywood LOL, whatever it takes to make the director/producers happy. So PLEASE...don't give me a hard time for the scripting LOL.

good luck to you and make us proud.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
Good luck Brian have fun...IMO win or lose it does'nt matter coz theres always gonna be a bigger and bader car every 6 months/1 year so have fun and enjoy it
Old 10-31-2009, 05:07 PM

2009 C63
quick question. can we still watch it.even with ticket?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:39 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I think most C63 owners have nothing to prove...so FO!

09 AMG + PP ETC...
06 GTI-many mods
SA Texas
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
First, the UFC brought us "The Ultimate Fighter".
Then Spike TV brought us "The Deadliest Warrior".

... and now we have this. The competitive reality TV evolution moves forward. It will be fun and amusing to watch, but will not settle any arguments.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM

This race will prove nothing except who is the better driver. The C63 better have a pro drive it if you guys want to win. It is pretty obvious that the M3 is a better track car and the C63 a better daily driver. Top Gear and Fifth Gear has had these two cars go at it numerous times and the results are always the same. M3 better handling and C63 faster on straights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biWqO25x-ZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOqLMHzBtk

In the hands of an amateur the C63 doesn't even stand a chance.
If you look at the c63 on the track on both videos the C63 just doesn't have the handling of the M.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We're going to head out, and give it our best shot, win or lose should be fun.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Go Brian! I know you'll do a great job...
Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Wow, only two guys signed up for this? After all that talk how fast a C63 is compared to an M3 and what times they do on the Nordschleife? An event like this seems to me a perfect opportunity to put all that talk into reality. It puts typing away behind the keyboard versus actually performing behind the steering wheel in perspective, doesn't it?

C63 Guy and Brian GT PRO, you have my deepest respect!!! No matter what outcome, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Ah, I missed that Josh is doing this too...my bad...you too will kick a$$...thx for representing!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Best of Luck, win or lose it doesn't matter. Enjoy the fun and just meet a group of car enthuisiasts!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
I am looking forward to watching this on Speed tv.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Wait, so it is one car only? Or two cars?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Well according to the m3post forums they're having 2 cars...but I think they were going to do 1 4door and 1 coupe

BTW when is this even going to air? I can't seem to find the date any where
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO

Brian, what mods do you have and how many whp? The boys on the M3 forum are calling your car a "heavily modified" C63 that has "similar" whp to the stroked M3. I call BS already!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:47 AM

Looking for E63
Brian ain't lying. He's going head to head with the Stoker M3 of Robert "Pencilgeek" Collins over on m3post.com.

Power-wise these cars are very closely matched - separated by approx 10 rwhp.

You are all absolutely right, this isn't just about power, but driver ability and willingness to step up, represent the car they own and earn the right to take home the bragging rights. That's why we've asked owners to step up for these match-ups. If we wanted to put a professional driver in the seat and straight up review cars, we would.

Brian has stepped up, he's going to bring it. This is your chance to get behind one of your own!

This promises to be an awesome match-up.

For those wondering, unfortunately we are NOT able to open this event to the public. The show will be airing in early 2010, across the web and SPEED. Keep your eyes peeled. We will be sure to notify the forums of the actual air dates as they are announced.

Game on!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Brian, what mods do you have and how many whp? The boys on the M3 forum are calling your car a "heavily modified" C63 that has "similar" whp to the stroked M3. I call BS already!
The car has a stage 1 tune, and a GT PRO "Single X"-pipe, nothing else. no headers, no suspension, no exhaust. The ONLY other items we just got in today, was a front strut bar and rear cambers arms from MB Arts, we might not even have wheels/tires on the car that were supposed to be put on by ADV 1.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:00 PM

GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
I was going to wish you luck yesterday, but the site has been down so I could'nt . Anyways I hope you liked the parts. Also I hope you kicked that M3's a$$.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

It is with great disappointment, that we must announce that we did not get to compete yesterday. We had a horrible fiasco with our wheel/tire situation that ended at our shop at 11:30pm on the dyno with 2 flat rear tires due to the rim halves leaking right at the joint, nothing we could do, and our stock wheels were locked up at Allen Tire in Garden Grove until 8am the next morning. We showed up at 5:30am anyhow, to let them know we were serious about this, and that we were willing to do whatever it took to still eek our way in if they allowed us time to pick up the stock wheels/tires and get them onto the car and head back, but as fate would have it, byt the time we got to the 60/605 interchange (where there are no off ramps) there was an accident that set us back a crucial 20mins. and ended our hopes of getting back in time. Got back over to see Tim, but we were too late, however Tim did state that we are the first in line for the next film date, so until then, the wheels need to go back to ADV1 to get corrected, and we will continue moving forward.

We do however want to thank those who went above and beyond to help our project, All the guys at Team GT PRO, MB Arts, Nitto Tire, ADV1.

We also are hoping that KW steps up to the plate like they promised, but they DID let us down this last week by way of not getting us the suspension on time, nor calling us back when they were supposed to to give us at least a heads up. I hope they correct this, for the next film shoot, I'm almost sure they will make it happen.

BTW: I did stay at the shoot for a few hours meeting/greeting people etc., and met Richard in the M3, he's a nice guy, with a great car, I hope to compete against him in the next round, if not, I'm sure there will be another car they will find.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Oh, BTW: a cheap plug for MB Arts (glk4matic), they really stepped up and helped us out, and their parts were FIRST rate.!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:18 PM

I'm glad you like the parts.