Gas mileage report after installing K&N

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I honestly don't know how u guys do it. I live in NYC and I routinely get 9-12 miles per gallon. If I get 19 miles per gallon on the highway I'm giddy and dElighted. Am I doing something wrong? I'm missing 5-6 miles per gallon compared to u guys. Lol
So true. I reset the miles counter when I got the car. I have about 4500 miles on my car now. My average is under 14 MPG. I think its 13.7 so far. I can get 22 in 7th gear doing exactly 55 mph for over an hour... Why would i want to is beyond me...

I never understood anyone caring about gas mileage in a sports car...
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by propain
So true. I reset the miles counter when I got the car. I have about 4500 miles on my car now. My average is under 14 MPG. I think its 13.7 so far. I can get 22 in 7th gear doing exactly 55 mph for over an hour... Why would i want to is beyond me...

I never understood anyone caring about gas mileage in a sports car...

Well....When you're stuck in traffic and it shows 7 miles per gallon, you can't blame a guy for caring about gas mileage. lol You're in a sports car, it's not moving AND you're getting 7 miles per gallon. hahahahha
Old 02-07-2011, 05:20 AM
FBG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63
Filters and MPG

Hey Folks I gotta a question for the group that is congruent with this thread:

Are KN'S detrimental to the long term performance of the engine? I was ready to buy some and I read a couple articles that said that it is not recommended to put in KN's in post mid 1990 car's due to the intake systems and sensors etc. Something about oil messing up the sensors and possibly more dust and contaminants getting into the combustion chambers.

I love the product and have used them on my Volvo but wanted to get the opinions from you all since this would seem like the knowledgeable population.

Cheers,