Sponsored by:

Got a Kleemann tune the other day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG / B8 A4
Got a Kleemann tune the other day

First off, I just wanted to say thank you to James@ACGSD, for doing the tune, while he was in Brooklyn this week. Very good guy and a pleasure to do business with. It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone else there. Look forward to the NY grand opening of ACGNY

Anyways, I got the tune on Wednesday. I didn't really feel the power right away. What I did feel, were that my shifts, in any mode are very crisp/fast and hard! It's hard to explain, but when you start getting on it, you feel the shifts and they are definitely quicker than before. I was not aware of this, as being part of the tune. I love it! I couldn't drive it hard Wednesday, because it was raining, and NY traffic is just awful. I started really driving it hard the next day, on my way to work and out during lunch. I have been doing this the last couple of days and all of a sudden, the car has just peaked with power. I was in 3rd gear, merging onto the highway and all of a sudden, the car just TOOK OFF! It was such a hard pull and above 4k RPMs, is where it really shined, all the way to redline. There is no flat spot, in any gear, or any RPM. The power is definitely there now. Coupled with the crisp shifts, this car is just PERFECT! I do not have a baseline dyno, but I will more than likely go to a dyno, to see where the car is at right now. Overall, the tune is exactly how everyone has explained it to be. The power delivery is still very smooth, but just hard from beginning to end(as if it didn't pull hard in stock form ). Anyways, mark me down as another satisfied Kleemann K1 customer. Oh, I also had K&N filters put in, and took out my charcoal filters.

Last edited by EuroB6; 12-04-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63 AMG
Congrats on your tune and I agree w/ everything you just said. James stopped by the DC area and did my Kleeman tune prior to heading up to you guys -- super cool guy, he literally flew in just to do my tune and another member's lowering module. Amazing how much hardware he packed in those bags, huh? I think w/ this K1, the harder you push the car the more it will show you, as you said. Completely agree on the smoothness of the shifts, even around town. Needless to say, I am also quite happy w/ this upgrade.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Thanks for posting your impressions, sounds like you are having even more fun now - good thing
Old 12-04-2009, 10:08 PM

C63 AMG / B8 A4
It's like I bought a different car! It's a great upgrade
Old 12-05-2009, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
hey man congrats on your tune. one of does day will meet up and will hit the dyno. drive safe.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
Congrats. As you said, the magic is above 4,000 rpm. On the highway when it is quiet, try WOT on 4th gear, you'll get scared before you hit the red zone (if you're an unexperienced sport car pilot like me).
Old 12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
I "had" the Kleeman upgrade and also noticed that the car came alive at or above 4000rpm but it was not what I expected at the dyno.

Now that I have the MHP tune the car comes at all rpm levels and not just above 4000. I have alot more hp and tq at lower rpm's than I did with the Kleeman upgrade.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:54 PM

2014 Lotus Evora S
Originally Posted by c63beastdriver
I "had" the Kleeman upgrade and also noticed that the car came alive at or above 4000rpm but it was not what I expected at the dyno.

Now that I have the MHP tune the car comes at all rpm levels and not just above 4000. I have alot more hp and tq at lower rpm's than I did with the Kleeman upgrade.
But your Kleemann upgrade did not work well. Your numbers were quite low compared to everybody else. Perhaps that's why you did get the magic that we're all enjoying and hence, may be hard for you to comment on the experience of others with K1 (or Renntech for that matters).

I'm sure your comments would be quite relevant for others who have gone for or are considering MHP.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
But your Kleemann upgrade did not work well. Your numbers were quite low compared to everybody else. Perhaps that's why you did get the magic that we're all enjoying and hence, may be hard for you to comment on the experience of others with K1 (or Renntech for that matters).

I'm sure your comments would be quite relevant for others who have gone for or are considering MHP.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 PM

C63 AMG / B8 A4
true. I dont know why some tunes dont work as well for some C63s and others do. This is common for most most tuners. Although, I probably can't argue that MHP probably has the most aggressive tune for our cars. I just can't justify spending that much money for only a tune.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy

Sry bud but his rite a MHP tuned car is a diff animal
Old 12-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Eran, Kyle glad to see you two enjoying your K1

Have a great weekend all...
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by c63beastdriver

here we go again.