Old 01-07-2010, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Impressive!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
[quote=Dads C63;3884496]Thanks guys!! We just got home. I am exhausted and excited. My friend Ben drove six hours for me for ONE run. THANK YOU Ben!! Oh well, at least it was a record run. Hope to get back to the track later this week while the weather cooperates. I just checked and the DA was -1013'!! Thank God for the great weather and DA!!

Here's the time slip.
Here's another cool fact. I ran the Vbox during this run and stayed in the throttle until 130. My new 60-130 time is 7.21!! I'll turn in the file for verification later. Thanks again guys!![/quote

Congrats! but tires were used on the strip? 1.6 sec 60' is crazy.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63newdude
Congrats! but tires were used on the strip? 1.6 sec 60' is crazy.
I believe he ran on Nitto street tires.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Thanks guys!! We just got home. I am exhausted and excited. My friend Ben drove six hours for me for ONE run. THANK YOU Ben!! Oh well, at least it was a record run. Hope to get back to the track later this week while the weather cooperates. I just checked and the DA was -1013'!! Thank God for the great weather and DA!!

Here's the time slip.
Here's another cool fact. I ran the Vbox during this run and stayed in the throttle until 130. My new 60-130 time is 7.21!! I'll turn in the file for verification later. Thanks again guys!!
Wow! That's a great 60-130 time. What have you done since your last 60-130 run? Improving 1.2 seconds is huge!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Wow! That's a great 60-130 time. What have you done since your last 60-130 run? Improving 1.2 seconds is huge!!!
Bassn 07 - I am sure its all due to traction and weather. I have made many many runs and they have all been in the 8's. The track was good and the air was great. Making these runs on the street as you know is difficult because of the conditions of the roads. Your tires are jumping and losing traction at times and this proves it. Honestly, can I ever repeat that on the real street, probably not. Perfect conditions in all areas is what that took. However, I'll take it.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Bassn 07 - I am sure its all due to traction and weather. I have made many many runs and they have all been in the 8's. The track was good and the air was great. Making these runs on the street as you know is difficult because of the conditions of the roads. Your tires are jumping and losing traction at times and this proves it. Honestly, can I ever repeat that on the real street, probably not. Perfect conditions in all areas is what that took. However, I'll take it.
A 7.2 is amazing and your car is really flying! I'm just glad to see mb's running strong and healthy, great representation! Ive only tried 60-130 once on the street and the results weren't very good due to traction and other issuses like you mentioned. I started to close to 60 and lost traction which killed my run and resulted in a 8.4 run. I only had on chance due to law enforcement roaming the area. Hopefully I'll get m chance again one day but I doubt I'll ever touch a stellar 7.2. once again great run and well deserved!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
If we all had -1,000 DA, we'd all run ... no, no we wouldn't.
Great job!

Originally Posted by Boost Gomez
I believe he ran on Nitto street tires.
I think you mean Nitto drag radials. His ET and 60' should be even lower when he switches to the Mickeys.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 AM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
blackbenz, correct. That was on the Nitto's hopefully the M/T will stick a litle better. The Nitto's were spinning off the line...
Old 01-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by benscott01
blackbenz, correct. That was on the Nitto's hopefully the M/T will stick a litle better. The Nitto's were spinning off the line...
Yup the Nittos suck for drag racing if you ask me. The M/T shouldn't spin off the line, they have worked great for me. I know he will go quicker
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 AM

WOW! Congrats Bro, I concur with Mthis you deserve this!! 60-130 is flat out incredible as well.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:30 PM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
For the weight of the car and running N/A that's a really incredible time. Good job!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:33 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Yup the Nittos suck for drag racing if you ask me. The M/T shouldn't spin off the line, they have worked great for me. I know he will go quicker
We'll see tonight. I'll be at Bradenton tonight to see if we can improve a little more.

Anyone else from South Florida going to Bradenton tonight?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by benscott01
We'll see tonight. I'll be at Bradenton tonight to see if we can improve a little more.

Anyone else from South Florida going to Bradenton tonight?
Good luck!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by juicee63
Wooooohoooo!!
Josh...did you get my slip I faxed to you on Monday? If so you will notice this is NOT a new record, but Keith is getting VERY close. I faxed you my N/A slip 11.22, by my math I still have a 2/100th advanage as well as an advantage in the mph/trap department

Not trying to take anything away from you Keith, nice run, you probably would have improved and beaten my time if you were able to make more than that one single pass.

Lat week you were griping about poor conditions in Florida LOL, sounds like a real fast track last night

Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jrcart
Josh...did you get my slip I faxed to you on Monday? If so you will notice this is NOT a new record, but Keith is getting VERY close. I faxed you my N/A slip 11.22, by my math I still have a 2/100th advanage as well as an advantage in the mph/trap department

Not trying to take anything away from you Keith, nice run, you probably would have improved and beaten my time if you were able to make more than that one single pass.

Lat week you were griping about poor conditions in Florida LOL, sounds like a real fast track last night

But don't forget.... his car is likely (at least) 300 lbs heavier than yours, is less modded, and have less aggressive gearing .... so coming even close to your ET in one pass (on relatively slippery tires) is insane and shows the product is making HUGE power..... not to mention the 60 to 130 mph record run

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-07-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
But don't forget.... his car is likely (at least) 300 lbs heavier than yours, is less modded, and have less aggressive gearing .... so coming even close to your ET in one pass (on relatively slippery tires) is insane and shows the product is making HUGE power..... not to mention the 60 to 130 mph record run
Mo, have you been hitting the crack pipe since the last time I saw you last January? How do you figure his car is less modded than mine? He has headwork on his car therefore his car is more heavily modded than mine, I have all BOLT-ON MODS, last time I checked ported and polished heads did not fall under the category of BOLT-ON. So unless you want to call my 75 pound roll bar a mod, or my steel brake lines a mod his car is more heavily modded in the engine department...and before the word Dymag comes out of your mouth, I run Forgeline wheels at the strip. Did you sip the MHP kool-aid or slam it? I love this $h!t, it does noting but motivate me to do more to my car. I gave Keith his props his caar is quick. Mo, please call it how you see it and don't try to twist the facts up to suit whatever agenda you are currently pimping.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
It would be interesting to compare dollar for dollar on both cars spent in respect to performance and the results.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S
It would be interesting to compare dollar for dollar on both cars spent in respect to performance and the results.
Well considering my Black Series sold new for about double the price of a C63 ($139k vs $72K) that would not be a very logical comparison now would it? Now if you want to compare the costs of the individual mods then we can talk. I'v got a lot of money tied up in mods on my car that are geared towards road racing, road acing is the priority, drag racing is just an afterthought.

There is an event in Indianapolis called Winged Warrior, I was supposed to race in it last year but had a last minute emergency come up. I would love to see Keith as well as a bunch of othe MB/AMG guys enter the event. It is a true test of a cars performance, there is a 1/4 mile event, a 1-100-0 event, an high speed and low speed auto cross event and a slalom event all of your scores/times are combined and a winner is determined.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well considering my Black Series sold new for about double the price of a C63 ($139k vs $72K) that would not be a very logical comparison now would it?

Now if you want to compare the costs of the individual mods then we can talk. I'v got a lot of money tied up in mods on my car that are geared towards road racing, road acing is the priority, drag racing is just an afterthought.
Um, I think your vehicle's original purchase price is understood by most people here.

But the platform is still the 63 n/a and it would be interesting to see what you have done and what Keith has done dollar-wise in respect to the motor's performance. And I don't mean your road racing chassis improvements. You've also attempted to improve off the line performance as indicated in your many posts.

If Joe puts 30k into his motor and gets the same results that Jack gets at the drag strip, but Jack only put 15k into his car, then it's a valid inquiry.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Um, I think your vehicle's original purchase price is understood by most people here.

But the platform is still the 63 n/a and it would be interesting to see what you have done and what Keith has done dollar-wise in respect to the motor's performance. And I don't mean your road racing chassis improvements. You've also attempted to improve off the line performance as indicated in your many posts.

If Joe puts 30k into his motor and gets the same results that Jack gets at the drag strip, but Jack only put 15k into his car, then it's a valid inquiry.
I bet you he spent more than me, those heads were not cheap.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I bet you he spent more than me, those heads were not cheap.
Probably so. And that's all I'm curious about. Other than the base price of the BS versus a C63, I wasn't implying that you necessarily spent more (in my original post I was asking about both cars.)
Old 01-07-2010, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
i have to agree with jrcart on this one . i think keith has spent more money in his motor than jrcart , but we have to understand that we are talking about 2 different cars . they both have the 63 n/a but there are a lot of variables that are different between both cars . if someone put a 63 n/a in a ford festiva , then that car would run circles around everyone . i'm sure that jrcart can back up everything he is saying . he probably ran a little faster than keith . he gave keith his props . why is everyone trying to compare motors when they are not even in the same cars ?

props to both guys for doing what they do !
they both run like a bat out of hell !
Old 01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Guys - RELAX!! This is not a pissing contest. JRCart's car is awesome and I wouldn't try to compare the two. You can't compare a four door sedan with a specifically build "Black Series" performance car. Jim, you have to admit that you do mod your car for the 1/4 mile runs. You have specific wheels, suspension settings, and tires. We both enjoy modding our cars and should not be competing for the top spot. If I get close then thats great and fun but you have the better platform.

With reference to spending, you can check out the MHP website for pricing on all my mods.
I do have HRE 18" wheels and 555 Nitto drag radials on them but we are running the M/T drag radials on the stock rear wheels. All my suspension is completely stock. Lets race and enjoy it, not argue about it.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Mo, have you been hitting the crack pipe since the last time I saw you last January? How do you figure his car is less modded than mine? He has headwork on his car therefore his car is more heavily modded than mine, I have all BOLT-ON MODS, last time I checked ported and polished heads did not fall under the category of BOLT-ON. So unless you want to call my 75 pound roll bar a mod, or my steel brake lines a mod his car is more heavily modded in the engine department...and before the word Dymag comes out of your mouth, I run Forgeline wheels at the strip. Did you sip the MHP kool-aid or slam it? I love this $h!t, it does noting but motivate me to do more to my car. I gave Keith his props his caar is quick. Mo, please call it how you see it and don't try to twist the facts up to suit whatever agenda you are currently pimping.
HAHA yess jrcart is back, calling out all u crack smoking hoes.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Probably so. And that's all I'm curious about. Other than the base price of the BS versus a C63, I wasn't implying that you necessarily spent more (in my original post I was asking about both cars.)
I think the evosport headers are pricier than the MHP headers, the MHP ECU tune is more expensive than Powerchip/evosport tune . Not sure what he paid for his headwork, but I'm sure it puts him well above what I have spent in the engine + tune + exhaust $$$ department. So if you want to talk about bang for your buck it's up in the air, but lets be honest, it's not even about that, any one of us could drop $10k on a used Mustang, spend another $12k in mods and have a 10 second car. I did not even want to start an arguement on this topic, it was someone else that falsely stated my car was more heavily modded than DadsC3/Keith when in fact it is the other way around if talking strictly about engine type mods. Yes, as a whole my car is more heavily modded...it's safe to say it's lots more modded but most of those mods will never be realized at the drag strip, just like my line-locker and M/T's could never be considered beneficial road racing mods.

I would challenge anyone on this board to a 0-100-0, cone guided u-turn, and 0-100-0 back race. I honestly don't think there is a street legal, road going AMG on this site that could top my car...and that is a test of all around performance, that is what I built my car for, all around domination! SL 65 Black Series won't touch me in the braking department or handling, SLR won't touch me in the the handling department, an SLS won't hang under acceleration but would prob out brake and possibly out handle my car, there is not a sedan on this site that could touch my car under those conditions, but if anone wants to try lemme know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW 63 N/A RECORD