Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
BAN TheHeaderGuy
BAN Dads C63
and ban anyone who probes, and or works for ANDY and MHP!

You forgot to mention Fox News

After carefully reading Keith's posts, it is clear that he simply called into question whether or not 2" primaries are ideal for this application. This is a reasonable question in responce to what you had stated earlier. Calling out a "lynch mob" on one of the most impactful members of this forum because his opinion differs from yours is in very poor taste.

Unless of course your business office is located in DC.

I know him very well personally and he speaks favorably about MHP products because he is a very satisfied customer not a spokesperson. Fact is his car stands alone as the quickest/fastest C63 by quite a large distance over everyone else.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
GOD, I ****ING LOVE THIS THREAD!

Josh
Old 02-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
What a great looking header. I'm sure they will perform great at a fraction of the cost. I also applaud you for taking the time to be innovative instead of just copying a design. Remember, anytime you are at the top of your game or do great things the hater's will follow and try to bring you down. Just keep doing your own thing and let the results speak for themselves, they look great...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 02-10-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Andy uses "Dads C63" as a marketing and advertising tool. It is clearly seen on other forum site.. Like m3post.com seen here.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6386547
Or absolutelydriven.com Alll things Andy and MHP are banned from this site. To follow though they need to ban his last link to MBworld.

Andy referrs to Dads C63 when talking about it as "WE"... Either Andy has a small mouse in his poket or Dads C63 are in cahoots.

Before I was a Sponsor II talked about a throttle body made by a non-sponsor. I had no relation to them. It was just something I found on the net. That thread got closed just for talking about a non sponsors product.

So the MODS should in turn delete any and all post relating to MHP, ANDY or his partnets.

For a member to be able to talk about CF hoods now available is total BS.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Andy uses "Dads C63" as a marketing and advertising tool. It is clearly seen on other forum site.. Like m3post.com seen here.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6386547
Or absolutelydriven.com Alll things Andy and MHP are banned from this site. To follow though they need to ban his last link to MBworld.

Andy referrs to Dads C63 when talking about it as "WE"... Either Andy has a small mouse in his poket or Dads C63 are in cahoots.

Before I was a Sponsor II talked about a throttle body made by a non-sponsor. I had no relation to them. It was just something I found on the net. That thread got closed just for talking about a non sponsors product.

So the MODS should in turn delete any and all post relating to MHP, ANDY or his partnets.

For a member to be able to talk about CF hoods now available is total BS.
Let me respectfully disagree here. This is a forum - the primary purpose of which is for Mercedes enthusiasts to share their passion of the marque. The free usage of the forum is a perk for the membership, but as we know nothing in life is free - as the forum's expenses are paid for by sponsors. The sponsors reap the benefit of peddling their wares to their target audience (i.e. the membership).

IMHO, MBWorld is full of threads about non-sponsor products started by the members of the forum. If a C63 owner posts about his Brabus tuning, or Carlsson wheels, should those threads be deleted, since Brabus and Carlsson don't sponsor MBW? Of course not - it's the sharing of information that makes this forum valuable for everyone.

Where a line can be crossed, however, is when a non-sponsor shop tries to sell goods directly, or a member starts up a group-buy thread for a non-sponsor, etc. IMO, the mods here do a good job of removing those instances and individuals.

EDIT: Anyway, getting back on topic - MBH, look forward to seeing your headers (matched with Renntech tuning, I presume?) on a C63 with some dyno/track results.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 02-10-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Mike,
Andy and I do communicate regularly because I am waiting on cams etc... I am also waiting on the stroker package that just got under way. I have NOT been on here trying to sell MHP products. When the car gets as much exposure as this one does I am sure Andy considers it his poster car and thats fine.

I have been very careful to only state what I run and how the MHP products perform. I know what happens when someone tries to sell MHP products and will not go down that road. If people want to ask the question like the other thread currently running about "Who has the fastest C63" how are we supposed to answer that?? Am I not to be allowed to answer their questions? Is everyone supposed to ignore that post because they asked a question concerning a company that is not allowed on MBW? How would that look when everyone has to ignore his question or the mods deleted any answers??

You don't have to like MHP or me but they have built the quickest and fastest C63's to date. I am not bragging, thats just a fact.

This all started because you made the simple statement:
"After crunching the engine specs... bore, stroke, Lift @ 50 thousands. 2 inch pipe was called for. Any smaller in runner size would be inadequate."

Heres my frustration. Whether that statement is true or not no longer matters. You are allowed to make statements that make you look better and when questioned, I am the bad guy. I simply ask you a question about your own statement and you can't or won't answer me.

I sincerely enjoy my C63 and this forum but if you and the rest of the group don't want me around because of the performance parts on my car I will be glad to stay away. I share everything I have done in order to encourage and help anyone that wants to go fast and I think thats the reason of this forum.
Have a great day and good luck!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I sincerely enjoy my C63 and this forum but if you and the rest of the group don't want me around because of the performance parts on my car I will be glad to stay away. I share everything I have done in order to encourage and help anyone that wants to go fast and I think thats the reason of this forum.
Having only been on MBW for a few months, I'm not acquainted with the full posting history of DadsC63, but the posts that I have seen seem intelligent, well written, and often extremely helpful regarding the topic at hand. I think whatever happened here was a misunderstanding that blossomed into a cluster****, and that is no basis to remove an intelligent contributing member, IMHO.

And in the spirit of full disclosure, I have never even looked at products from either MBH or MHP.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:57 PM

05 C55
so...out of curiosity, was the "header guy" from MHP or not? he emailed me asking for my phone number,but got the fat girl at the club reply "555-1212"...no thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM

C63 AMG
Heres what I would do if I were MBH (which I'm not): I would just let all this bickering stand where they are right now, devote my time to finishing the LTs, posting up dyno #'s, specs, and other tidbits so that my product can speak for itself.

Dad's has already apologized, which was very honorable of him, and have repeatedly wished MBH luck with the LTs and waiting (like the rest of us) to see the power numbers. He is all about making his car go faster and furthering the limits of the C63 so all of us C63 owners can benefit from it. If MBH makes a set of LT headers that is dyno-proven, with hard data, to perform well or very well on a C63 platform, I'm sure Dads will appreciate it, offers his congratulations, and look forward to seeing tracktimes of cars running these MBH headers. Also, asking for him to be banned for what he's inquired is way out of line.

As a disclaimer, I am not affiliated with either MHP or MBH and I am currently in the market for a set of LT headers, and was considering MBH's product.

Mike, I wouldn't waste my time fighting back and forth on an internet forum, especially when it seems like it's not going to end up anywhere, and would rather focus all of my time onto wrapping up these LT headers since everyone is waiting for the release info and numbers. If you have a good product, there won't be a need to defend yourself with talk because the numbers will speak loudly enough on their own.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to more info.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM

c63
So MBH when do you think these will be ready? 2 months? 3 months?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

i'm letting it all go

Originally Posted by LP560-4
So MBH when do you think these will be ready? 2 months? 3 months?
The will be ready in about 3 days.

As for the MHP , Dads C63, theheaderguy, or Jim... I letting it all go. I dont need this BS in my life.

Andy know how I feel about him.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:08 PM

2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
I think every manufacturer would refer to his customer as an example of their work, specially if it is one of a kind on C63 platform. And of course the manufacturer will be showing the results that their customer has achieved (even using some other parts that were not part of the manufacturer's package) and refer to their loyal customer as WE.

I personally think that Mr. Dads C63 is not from the "MHP bunch", his project car is being used to promote the product line behind his back and there is absolutely no reason to ban him for that.

Example: If MBH motorsports make a head to toe project, lets say full line of performance mods (ECU, Intake, Exhaust, Weight Savings) for a C63 that belongs to one of the members here and offer him a good price for the whole line installed and calibrated to set a good time and HP, will MBH refer to that specific car when trying to sell the next set?

My opinion is: OF COURSE!!

PS Sorry for my English, it is not my first language.
PSS 2 hooleyboy: It is really nice of you to put this "BAN Dads C63" away from your sig. I think you brought it up a level IMO
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 PM

c63
The will be ready in about 3 days.

As for the MHP , Dads C63, theheaderguy, or Jim... I letting it all go. I dont need this BS in my life.

Andy know how I feel about him.

Uhh... I meant the for sale versions. If all the tests go well when will you have a supply of them to sell?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 PM

no more AMG
No offense, but you'd think that people who own a business in a competitive market wouldn't be so butt hurt by some comments on a forum. One company posts something, the other gets his minions and posts to try and prove they're dick is bigger, then the other trys to get everyone kicked out. Why don't you both suck it up like big boys, make your products, then let your performance, price, and customer service do the talking instead of whining back and forth over the internet. Personally I don't think I'd purchase anything from either company with the amount of unprofessionalism on both parties.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
GOD, I ****ING LOVE THIS THREAD!

Josh
You have a sick car Josh
Old 02-10-2010, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
From the customer point of view we don't like when two vendors bash at each other because it creates a lot of confusion for the customers. This post is about a new competitive vendor that is trying to provide us(C63 customers/owners) with an affordable alternative to headers so I fully support it.

Holyboy good luck with your project, I am eager to see the final results and looking forward for a introductory price. Take care and thanks for what you are doing.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
MBH is the owner of this thread.. Want to talk about MHP start your own thread As stated above when talking about vendors it is fine B U T if that vendor has been BANN there is a reason for that . SO BANN means just that.. Bye Bye..... Fair is fair .... Remember we ALL live by the rule on this forum. Like it or not. If you are kicked off this forum. There must have been a reason.. Not taking sides. There are many other forums you can log on to..
Now let me get these on my beast and lets get testing.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Wow, this thread has taken a turn south very quickly.....

I think regardless of reputation, one should at least wait until the product is out before judging it. We will soon see dyno numbers and track numbers, so lets at least wait and make an educated decision.

Mike, if you can, please try to obtain dyno numbers with headers only then one with headers and tune together. I'm very interested to see how these headers do. Good luck
Old 02-11-2010, 12:25 AM

c63
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
If you want.

PLease do!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Its been a very busy day today. We finished the long tubes. Installation was a few hours with 2 people. It was a little more tricky to install than the 55 AMG headers. All in all not that bad. The fitment is spot on and were able to reinstall the plastic under covers with out an issue.

We conducted a 30 mile road test and had no issues at all. This set is catless, but retains the rear resonator and stock mufflers. I drove the car with the no radio to listen for noises. There is absolutely no drone to speak of. I was able to have a conversation at a normal level.

When you jump on it. It just comes alive. The sound is breath taking. under a quick rev of the engine there is a killer metallic rasp at the end of the note. The car now makes a very nice, deep note when you give it some gas. In fact I think it sounds better than our 55's.

Dyno testing will be done first thing in the morning. I will post up the results for you all to see. As soon as I get them.

Here is a quick video of the new sound recorded from my cell phone. along with some more pics of the headers from this busy day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mlK0e-XyQ

Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 AM

none
I need to say that while I personally think Andy is a sack of **** and a schuyster and this Jim guy was obviously just a schill, I've had a lot of interaction with Dads63 and have to say that he is an upstanding guy without motive. He and I should be mortal enemies for our corporate alignments and yet I've found him to be quite a nice person with a lot of valuable information to contribute. I've reread his initial posts a few times now and think his questions were quite valid. You've entered a forum where several members know more than a little about header design and simply want clarifications on why you've chosen to build yours the way you have. Much of this is because you've chosen to specifically identify other companies products as being inferior in design and execution to your yet to be released products. Do you see how many may look upon that claim with a sceptical eye when the evo headers make 50+ wheel, and the MHP make even more? The misspeaking regarding lift and duration didn't help your cause either, sorry to say it.

Regardless, I truly hope these headers make the power you claim and that we all end up eating our words as more options are always better for the consumer.

Josh

PS - The new pics look great!

Last edited by C63 Guy; 02-11-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Would ceramic coating help, i.e., would you want to retain the heat to keep the exhaust velocity up?

They look great, although at the welds it looks as if it could be a smoother transition.

Can't wait to see the dyno...
Old 02-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Even Money
Would ceramic coating help, i.e., would you want to retain the heat to keep the exhaust velocity up?

They look great, although at the welds it looks as if it could be a smoother transition.

Can't wait to see the dyno...
Stainless steel is a poor conductor of heat. Quality stainless will retain most of the heat inside the header, while spilling less into the engine bay. Allowing exhaust velocity to remain up.

Personalty I'm not a fan of coating stainless headers that are made with quality stainless. Our headers are made with 321 flanges and 304 runners and collectors.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I'm still crunching the numbers. I was aiming for a $3,500 cost, but it looks like it will be a little more at about $3,800. Still making it the most affordable set of C63 long tubes on the market. I haven't got a chance to do any cat inclusion cost yet, but i will.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:27 AM

c63
Its been a very busy day today. We finished the long tubes. Installation was a few hours with 2 people. It was a little more tricky to install than the 55 AMG headers. All in all not that bad. The fitment is spot on and were able to reinstall the plastic under covers with out an issue.

We conducted a 30 mile road test and had no issues at all. This set is catless, but retains the rear resonator and stock mufflers. I drove the car with the no radio to listen for noises. There is absolutely no drone to speak of. I was able to have a conversation at a normal level.

When you jump on it. It just comes alive. The sound is breath taking. under a quick rev of the engine there is a killer metallic rasp at the end of the note. The car now makes a very nice, deep note when you give it some gas. In fact I think it sounds better than our 55's.

Dyno testing will be done first thing in the morning. I will post up the results for you all to see. As soon as I get them.

Here is a quick video of the new sound recorded from my cell phone. along with some more pics of the headers from this busy day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mlK0e-XyQ

Where do I put my deposit?

When will you have units ready to ship?

Last edited by LP560-4; 02-11-2010 at 01:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Long tubes headers **coming soon**