C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake squeal under light braking (noise)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 04:55 PM

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts
2013 C63 P31
Originally Posted by SeaDweller!
Did you ever get this solved? I have a 2019 S560 with 32k and the brakes almost always squeal initially when backing out of garage or parking spot but then will quit until the next morning.
Originally Posted by jwp1970
Hello,

What is TSB? I am having the excessive brake squeak at 11,000 and just bought the car as a Certified Pre Owned 600 miles ago. I would like to have the dealership fix this issue.
Originally Posted by isosunrise91
this.. anyone have the TSB. I’m going tomorrow to b*tch about the high pitch squeak when light brake applied. I have a regular e350 sedan
Originally Posted by SolidC63S
I have the same issue, super annoying, Brand new brakes switched twice and the same problem. I might just go with a different brand or something.
I am still having the brake squeal. Dealer unwilling to do anything, says it's just rust. Typically only squeal on initial application of brakes. The rotors are all rusty.
Originally Posted by SolidC63S
Try another dealer, Rust shouldn't, and or have you tried cleaning it well?
Unfortunately they are the only one within a two hour drive. I have not taken wheel off to clean, assume they would just rust right away again. I have cleaned well when washing with a cleaner and flushing out with power washer, but no change.
Originally Posted by rakaye47
Having this problem on my CLS550. Never buying Mercedes again
Seems like you are all in the wrong forum, not sure what type of pads your various platforms have. The w204 c63 has fairly aggressive semi-metallic pads from the factory and they will squeal when they havent been used hard in a while. slow driving/weak braking removes any pad transfer material and means metal to metallic compound contact at low pedal pressures which will squeal.

switch to a non metallic pad if you don't like it