C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys I really want your help with answers!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Guys I really want your help with answers!?

Guys I ilwanynyout help in this issue I'm stuck in and having problems with my dealer, so here's the story.... I have the kleeman k2 on my car since I bought it and driven 6000km and been driving it ever since! So the car has and 16000km the other day I was driving and just went full throttle and all of a sudden I see the engine light bliping and felt like the car got a bit heavy anyways I took it to the dealer they checked with the reader where it showed them there is a miss fire in cylinder number 8 so they deleted the fault code and the engine light went away took the car after 20mins of waiting then drove it out on the highway where I decided to go full throttle again and guess what when I reach the near the redline cut off the engine light came on again and just took my foot off so I went back to the dealer driving slowly and feltnlike the car was vibrating a bit. So when I went back he they asked me to leave it and get it checked and the next day they call me aayin yeah it's cylinder 8 miss firing and we can't touch your car because u have kleeman and we don't want to touch it Luz we
can't find out what is really wrong!!! In other words they wanna void my warranty in an indirect way which at the end they said it! And I'm so sure that if there was a defect in the tune it would have showed from day one! Guys plz tell me does this sound sinseable and don't we all know if there was a problem with the warranty issue they should use that excuse against the part that is changed not the whole car!! They don't even want to go in and see what's wrong with cylinder 8 so plz Guys tell me what should I do with them and how should I face them against this stupid excuse that they're givin me!! I want ur strongest replies guys so I can face them in the right fair way!!! So plz help thank you.....
Old 02-10-2010, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Don't know how many MB dealers you have in Bahrain, but you may want to take it to another dealer if possible. Hopefully, they haven't flagged your VIN # in the system. In the U.S., we have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (although many auto mfgr's have been able to circumvent that law b/c it would cost consumers tons of $$ to have legal representation and defend their rights under that law), but in Bahrain, IDK...sorry???? G/L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

Last edited by sflgator; 02-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
I dunno the law there...but in America they can't void the warranty unless they can prove that whatever mods you did to the car caused that particular problem.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:23 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sflgator
Don't know how many MB dealers you have in Bahrain, but you may want to take it to another dealer if possible. Hopefully, they haven't flagged your VIN # in the system. In the U.S., we have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (although many auto mfgr's have been able to circumvent that law b/c it would cost consumers tons of $$ to have legal representation and defend their rights under that law), but in Bahrain, IDK...sorry???? G/L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
We have this only dealer in Bahrain man and I'm sure he doesn't have the right to flogg my vin the system because he didn't proove anythin yet that this is from kleeman I still have a meeting tommoerow with them to discuss more of this issue!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:25 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
I dunno the law there...but in America they can't void the warranty unless they can prove that whatever mods you did to the car caused that particular problem.
That is the law here aswell I'm so sure they have nothin on me to do this we should think of it logically ur right they have mo right to do all his hastle Liz they didn't even accept the car to get it checked in on what's happening really he still go no proof!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I would take it to a mod friendly dealer. Get your car away from that dealer ASAP if you have not already.

A good example of this is in Atl, 2 dealers hate dealing with mods on cars. They will not touch your car, period. Two of them actually do Kleeman and Renntech mods, and will work on cars that have them.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Since you are in the middle of a problem I would tell them to flash your computer back to stock and then fix the problem. I am sure Kleeman will work with you regarding getting your tune back. I know its a hassle but the dealer needs to put the ECU back to stock so they can fix the problem. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Doesn't Kleeman warranty their products?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I would take it to a mod friendly dealer. Get your car away from that dealer ASAP if you have not already.

A good example of this is in Atl, 2 dealers hate dealing with mods on cars. They will not touch your car, period. Two of them actually do Kleeman and Renntech mods, and will work on cars that have them.

Did you not read his post on that subject 2 above yours? How far do you want him to drive? Know anything about geography?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
A decent dealer would look at the car and treat it as warranty, until they proved it was related to the mods, if it was un-related, they could fix it and create no friction between the dealer and customer.

But on the same token, if it was related...WAS related(notice how I said if it WAS related?) you would have to understand that you should be responsible, and not MB. If the failure was related to YOUR mod, why should MB pay for it.

We handle vehicle like this all the time, and that is how they are treated, we advise the customer that they could be responsible for the repair if it was caused by their mods.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
The problem is, the ECU tune directly changes the fuel and timing maps that govern the operation of the engine. Said differently, if your MB service dept. claim's that the K2 hardware/software caused your cyl. 8 issues, you probably don't have a leg to stand on in defense that it didn't. It's not like they're claiming aftermarket wheels caused the problem... the ECU is the "brain" for most of the car's operation, and your mods did in fact directly affect the engine of the vehicle.

There are many K2 C63's running around, and AFAIK are just fine, so I think it's likely your vehicle may have had an inherent flaw, or maybe bad gas, or who knows what... but you will likely have a tough time trying to prove it to MB and get it covered under warranty. Best of luck, however.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:42 PM

2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
You should blame the dealer for deleting such a strange fault message.
I mean this is a complicated motor it is not a 99 Jetta and if the system is showing a specific mistake in cyl. 8 this means it not just a "reset and go". I'm not really good in engineering but I think mis fire in cyl. 8 for me means that something is seriously wrong and just a delete this message can't fix it.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Even Money
Doesn't Kleeman warranty their products?
Good point. Kleemann offers a 1 year, unlimited mileage warranty on their products. Hopefully, the OP can get one or the other (MB or Kleemann) to cover the repair, if in fact either caused the issue.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Did you not read his post on that subject 2 above yours? How far do you want him to drive? Know anything about geography?
Ahh...I had left the post screen up before a meeting. I came back and posted this, so I did not see that. It happens....

I don't know how far another dealer is from him, I am sure he could find out from where he lives.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM

C63 AMG
Yes you guys are right if they can proove to me that this problem happens because of the moss I have then I'm ok and I will pay every cent for the labour!! Thank you guys for givig me the push so I can now keep Arguing with them about this and go figure out a way to fight this crap that they are givin me!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM

2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
Try contacting Mercedes Benz Middle-East it is like MBUSA or Mercedes Benz Russia, not a dealer but the official headquarters.
http://www.mideast.mercedes-benz.com...skipintro.html
Good Luck!!!

Last edited by -michael-; 02-10-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 20 Porsche 911 (sold), 09 C63(sold), Vipers (sold)
Good luck and let us know how this gets resolved......
Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Ahh...I had left the post screen up before a meeting. I came back and posted this, so I did not see that. It happens....

I don't know how far another dealer is from him, I am sure he could find out from where he lives.
You do know what Bahrain is, don't you? Geography once again.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You do know where or what(?) Bahrain is, don't you? Geography once again.
Fixed your sentence, and yes I do. No geography lessons needed, like I said, I did not see his second post until AFTER I posted my first response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain
Old 02-10-2010, 06:16 PM

C63 AMG
Yeah I'll make sure and try to prove it to them
that it's not from the kleeman product and I'll fill u guys in 2moro
on what happens with me!! And thanks again for your Help and advices!!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 PM

no more AMG
No offense, but as soon as you put a tune in your car your fully aware of the risk that your taking voiding your warranty. The dealership can easily contribute any engine problem as related to the tune. As soon as you start changing the fuel mapping, timing, and other ECU tune related items then they can say you were causing additional strain on the drive train components. It sucks, but it's true.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:47 PM

2020 GLE450
You could ask them to change out the plug and injector and see what happens. If the car was running fine after your ECU tune, then it's more likely that it is a hardware problem. Perhaps the injector or spark plug for cyl. 8. If it cuts out at high rpm's, my guess is that it could be a clogged injector. I have no idea if this is at all possible but seems logical.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Pull the plugs and see how they look. Weird how only one cylinder is misfiring.

If the plugs are fine, get the stock tune put back on and see if the problem persists. If it does its not the tune causing the problem.

How the hell did they know it was tuned?? There is no way for them to know the tune is on the ECU. Did you leave the Kleemann badges on it when you took it in??

Especially weird that they knew it was a Kleemann tune lol. I doubt there software would say "Kleemann tuned".
Old 02-11-2010, 05:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Also if they refuse to work on your car because of the headers from Kleeman why not just take them out? Put the stock ones back on and then turn it in to have them work on it...I know it's a hassle and it will cost a lot of money but that's another route you can take I guess.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 ML350 BT, '10 C63 (gone)
Originally Posted by Merc63
How the hell did they know it was tuned?? There is no way for them to know the tune is on the ECU. Did you leave the Kleemann badges on it when you took it in??
Don't the ECUs have to be opened for the tune to be applied? One thread indicated that visually it's obvious if the casing was opened as the seal is pretty tough to remove and the case usually gets scratched up in the process.

As for the make of tune, if he's running Kleeman badged tubes, it was probably a fair guess that the tune is also Kleeman. And, since the tune is the best bang for the buck when it comes to getting more power, it's safe to assume he has also a tune if he's got tubes, even if the ECU looks untouched.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guys I really want your help with answers!?