Sponsored by:

**Dyno**MBH Long Tube headers. shipping 2/22/10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
so they didnt help? did u use the standard bottle style or ultra quiet?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
Oh!!!!! I can't wait to hear the car. Which tune are you going with?
Renntech.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
This would seem to imply that the headers pictured in the recent photos are specific to the E and CLS chassis and won't fit on a C63.
I think what he meant was, the C63 headers already produced will not fit on the CLS/E, so they had to start from scratch...they were hoping to get triple-bang from one-size-fits-all, but that didn't work.

That means the C and CLS/E have different fitments...
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by miami1lt
I think what he meant was, the C63 headers already produced will not fit on the CLS/E, so they had to start from scratch...they were hoping to get triple-bang from one-size-fits-all, but that didn't work.

That means the C and CLS/E have different fitments...
Okay - that's what I thought was meant, the new CLS/E 63 headers don't fit the C63, and vice versa. Similar design and manufacturing approaches, but otherwise different products that aren't interchangeable.

Was confused when pics of the CLS63 headers were posted in this subforum with a "here's our 63 header" tag; thought maybe the new ones were going to be applicable to all 63's including the C63. Doesn't seem to be the case, however, if what you say is true (and how I read it as well).
Old 03-26-2010, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Bassically yes, We where testing a new finish with a polishing compound. It kind of gave the headers an matte industrial look.
I like this finish...maybe we'll do them like this?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
I think we are at a stopping point here with these headers. My best guess is that there is more R&D to be done before the headers get released.
What ever happened with the customer from Cali that dropped of the car like over a month now? are these headers installed yet ?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by C63newdude
I think we are at a stopping point here with these headers. My best guess is that there is more R&D to be done before the headers get released.
What ever happened with the customer from Cali that dropped of the car like over a month now? are these headers installed yet ?

The headers are done. We moved on to tuning the car and some some service requests. Standard stuff. We are redoing the nitrous system on the car. Working on multiple maps. The dyno results show a gain over the customers last set of long tubes. We are just keeping data a little quite by the customers request. Until the project is done. I would suspect the car to be done by Friday.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
^^^ I apreciate your input and I understand the maintenance service issue but what I am thinking (I am being honest) is that if someone put a new set of headers and if there was some significant gains then it would be advertized/forecast all over the forums.

Normally people that spent money and gained nothing are the people that are embarrased to publish the results (I am not saying this is the case)

The customers was very exited about doing your headers and publishing the "gains" and now all the sudden he "prefers" to keep it private? I am not blaming or complaining but it seems a little odd to not publish the results after so much talking. Just my .2c
Old 03-28-2010, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by C63newdude
^^^ I apreciate your input and I understand the maintenance service issue but what I am thinking (I am being honest) is that if someone put a new set of headers and if there was some significant gains then it would be advertized/forecast all over the forums.

Normally people that spent money and gained nothing are the people that are embarrased to publish the results (I am not saying this is the case)

The customers was very exited about doing your headers and publishing the "gains" and now all the sudden he "prefers" to keep it private? I am not blaming or complaining but it seems a little odd to not publish the results after so much talking. Just my .2c
The PRODUCTION set of long tubes are on. Yes that's right Production set I have been waiting for some one to make this possible for the CLS63
for a long time , way to go MIKE. As for Dyno#'s I will be picking up the car in AZ this coming week and when I see it for myself with my own eyes on the dyno then I will post the #'s. Till then it's all hear say How do you spell Bazzillion Sorry for not keeping everyone up to date on the project like I should but I am dealing with some very BAD family problems right now. I am very excited to get the car back and to the track. I would like to be the one to post the #'s and I respect MHB for following my request. I will give my honest over view of the headers
Old 03-28-2010, 06:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Rick has been kept in the loop thought out this whole deal. In fact I call him about mindless updates, just to update him on something. This whole header build did take a bit longer then expected.. We essentially, built a set of headers with only a design in mind. There are very slight changes to the from the C63 to the CLS63 headers that had to be addressed. Like clocking some pipes a 1/4 inch and clearing steering shafts. When it comes to things like this, you have to make a set of headers that is dedicated to this chassis.

Rick was coming off a set of 2" primary long tube headers when he brought the car to us. Rick's over all main goal was not only to be better at the track, but to have a product be built that others can use as well. In the end the MBH headers showed a gain in horsepower. While peak torque was essentially moved a bit in the RPM range. We felt really good about this, as the peak torque is now at 4000rpm and up.

That means you will hit that torque band multiple times as the gears change at the strip. Rather than hitting it one time with the old setup. However, alot of people love the very low end torque, and I do too... But to have a bit more twisting power come into play after each gear change presents an interesting idea.

Having the opportunity to drive Rick's car to make sure everything is doing what it should. I will say this.. This car drives like a bat out of Hell. If it make anyone feel better we picked up about 8-10whp over the past set of long tubes and the clearances are spot on.

I will post the dyno chart only after Rick gets first peak at it. Its only fair that he see's the charts first. In the end something really special will come out of this.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM

Supercharged E92 M3
How are these headers different from the Renntec headers?

they look exactly the same.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan
How are these headers different from the Renntec headers?

they look exactly the same.
Renntech does not at this time have a set of CLS63 long tube headers. As stated by Mike, I gave my car as a test Beast for the making of Long Tube Headers for the CLS63. So now that there is a Jig and the headers are now in production, ALL my fellow CLS63 modaholics have a new mod for or cars that Produces the most power gains ever for this car bar none. Thanks again to MHB and the staff at Dyno-Comp for a great job well done. Let the tuning beging..
Also a HUGE thanks to James over at ACG in San Diego for all the guidance and mods, He is a great guy with a fantastic shop .
Old 03-28-2010, 02:45 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Renntech does not at this time have a set of CLS63 long tube headers. As stated by Mike, I gave my car as a test Beast for the making of Long Tube Headers for the CLS63. So now that there is a Jig and the headers are now in production, ALL my fellow CLS63 modaholics have a new mod for or cars that Produces the most power gains ever for this car bar none. Thanks again to MHB and the staff at Dyno-Comp for a great job well done. Let the tuning beging..
Also a HUGE thanks to James over at ACG in San Diego for all the guidance and mods, He is a great guy with a fantastic shop .
I understand you've been obviously working very closely with the guys over at MBH so I don't get why you always spell the abbreviation MHB.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
^ Because with MBH and MHP, it can get confusing?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by Boost Gomez
I understand you've been obviously working very closely with the guys over at MBH so I don't get why you always spell the abbreviation MHB.
J/K man it takes me way to long to type , I really stink at it..

M B H

how's that
Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Hey Mike, I just got a text saying they just say my car driving in Arizona loaded with Girls What's up man

Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 PM

C63 AMG
J/K man it takes me way to long to type , I really stink at it..

M B H

how's that
Thanks, my OCD is acting up again.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Hey Mike, I just got a text saying they just say my car driving in Arizona loaded with Girls What's up man

Its the only way I roll. We had to remove the bottle in the trunk so I could fit one more. Next Mod is a hot tube. We will fit that in between dyno runs and the plug change.