Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Sathinas
Did you ever consider speeding wisely?

I'm not one to give you a hard time about speeding, Lord knows I've done it. But I've picked my.... err... "track" wisely.

But come on, a Radar detector is not infallible. And an LEO does not necessarily have to use a radar device to get you. In radar school, they teach you the radar unit is to be used to confirm your estimated speed.
Ummm its a C63. Ive hit 110 in a 35 without even trying and looked down and was like.. ohhh ****.. It takes mere seconds from 35MPH to hit 110.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
That's pretty cool. I've never driven a 451HP C63.

Just my slow poke W215 CL65.

Last edited by Sathinas; 05-19-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pontiac firefly

and that beast the ford pinto
Old 05-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Oh, the Pinto is for when I take one of my many Supermodel Girlfriends out on the town. It has the works, disco ball, fuzzy dice, velour seats and interior wood paneling. They just sooo dig the retro look.

/sarcasm

For the record, I don't own a Pinto, and I would NEVER want to date a snobby (which is most of them) Supermodel.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Every state is different...but in CA, we don't have to show you the radar. And radar detectors aren't foolproof so....

That sucks though...good luck! I hate giving speeding tickets...in my entire career, I've given like one or two, haha....now if we talk about felony arrests.....I'm off the charts

Oh, and yes, we are trained in visual speed estimation...we actually get pretty good at it.

Last edited by CPD SLK; 05-20-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:29 AM

C63
Originally Posted by propain
Ummm its a C63. Ive hit 110 in a 35 without even trying and looked down and was like.. ohhh ****.. It takes mere seconds from 35MPH to hit 110.
Let me quote my friend Spiderman ""With great power comes great responsibility."

Just because you have a fast car does not give you the right to break the law on a regular basis. It's a privileged to drive a car that can outrun most other cars but it does not make you above the law.

You might get away multiple times but the laws of average will eventually catch up and you will get caught. I'm guilty myself but all it took was to get caught once and I became paranoid as hell while driving/speeding. Which is generally a good thing.

Be safe.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 AM

2009 C63 and 2008 BMW M5
Originally Posted by drawde
Thought I'd add an update to this just incase anyone runs into anything similar.. My court date was earlier today.. The judge was apparently pretty strict, suspended a few people's licenses before my case went up.. They were all 100mph+ tho but I wasn't far off at 95.. I did end up getting an attorney and luckily, I got away with reduction to 2 points and 40 hours community service but I was able to keep my license, which was the most important thing..

If the judge wants to cut you a break but is also pushing for suspension, try asking for community service.. You never know.
I hope this teaches you to drive more responsibly and not like a maniac. Take it to the track if you want to speed.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 AM

08 w204
Originally Posted by andy_meng1024
Good thing about international license: hard to track and no records.

It's not required to hand the police your regular license if you hand them your international license. Sometimes they just think it's too complicated to do the paper work and will just let you go. Other times they'll write you a ticket with whatever point and all you need to do is pay for it, and get another international license for $6.
This is the most absurd thing i've heard, Number 1: It's illegal to have more than one license. Number 2: The international license, is a complete scam, where as if you are visiting a country, and you rent a car, you must have your license and your passport in order to drive, Number 3: Cops have this little thing called a computer with a system called NCIC, if they run your name and date of birth, your true identity and sometimes a picture will come up and the status is displayed.
You can risk getting arrested and having your car towed away for fraudulent documents... People don't try to fool the cops, they'll always win, sometimes aknowledging what you did and a bit of a sense of humor may get you out of that ticket, or at least get you a no points ticket.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mbe3504matic
I hope this teaches you to drive more responsibly and not like a maniac. Take it to the track if you want to speed.
So you never speed huh? You bought a C63 and an M5 and never break the speed limit?
Just a little FYI for all you little pretend do gooders. If it wasn't for speeders and other moving violations most states wouldn't be able to make payroll. If they didn't want speeders they would govern all cars to 75MPH and call it a day.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

Thats pretty cool. Is this the part where I should be impressed?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by mbe3504matic
Next time get a PBA shield and PBA family members cards and you will be fine. It has saved me alot of times. matter of fact, more times then i can remember.
I think he stated that he handed the PBA card and he handed it right back!!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I think he stated that he handed the PBA card and he handed it right back!!
PBA cards are worthless. Might as well put a "Proud of our police" bumper sticker on your car as well.

The only thing that gets you out of stuff is a detectives card signed and with a phone number or some type of "on the job" ID.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 PM

Thats pretty cool. Is this the part where I should be impressed?
Impressed? By what, exactly? An old, 05 CL65? I wouldn't try to impress a homeless person with it. But impressive or not, it is more powerful, faster, quicker and... well, more rare than your C63. But I have never gotten a ticket in it.

So don't get all high and mighty about how your C63's raw, uncontrolable speed and power is just so damned much and how it makes it hard to keep in check on the road.

A lot of people on mbworld drive cars more powerful than yours and mine, but I don't see them plastering about how they got a ticket because they had a severe case of rectal cranial immersion every time they get behind the wheel and as a result, can't tell the difference between 65 and 95, or whatever the speeds you were ticketed for - I really don't care enough to go back and see.

Ummm its a C63.
Ummm... pardon me. I didn't know you were such a high roller. Now the guys with those cheap SLR McLarens and SLS's will know you're the man.

Ive hit 110 in a 35 without even trying and looked down and was like.. ohhh ****..
And you're not trying to impress anyone with that statement, I take it?

It takes mere seconds from 35MPH to hit 110.
Or this one, for that matter?

Oh yeah...

Old 05-20-2010, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
I know where this thread is heading...
Old 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Impressed? By what, exactly? An old, 05 CL65? I wouldn't try to impress a homeless person with it. But impressive or not, it is more powerful, faster, quicker and... well, more rare than your C63. But I have never gotten a ticket in it.

Bait taken...

Impressed by what... ohhh by your "Faster" "Quicker" (Faster Faster?) and "well... more rare than my C63" LOL.. noooo you couldnt have possibly brought that up to be a wise *** and try to impress me and attempt to make yourself look cool.

So don't get all high and mighty about how your C63's raw, uncontrolable speed and power is just so damned much and how it makes it hard to keep in check on the road.

That wasnt the point. The point was it take little to no effort to break the speed limit in most AMG vehicles. There is no such thing as speeding wisely and the point was that its hard NOT to speed in an AMG. Not my high and mighty C63.

A lot of people on mbworld drive cars more powerful than yours and mine, but I don't see them plastering about how they got a ticket because they had a severe case of rectal cranial immersion every time they get behind the wheel and as a result, can't tell the difference between 65 and 95, or whatever the speeds you were ticketed for - I really don't care enough to go back and see.

I didnt get the ticket. Try and keep up. I know it takes a supreme intellect to read the names on here.

Ummm... pardon me. I didn't know you were such a high roller. Now the guys with those cheap SLR McLarens and SLS's will know you're the man.

Never said I was. I stated a C63 is fast and hard not to speed. You on the other hand layed down your 2005 CL65 in an attempt to somehow impress me.

read above...

Or this one, for that matter?

read above...

Oh yeah...

Try to work on your comprehension skills before your reply.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 PM

Nowhere, really.

I have no intention of ruffling feathers around here, what with being the n00b and all. I just get annoyed at people who think that they have the biggest and greatest thing ever, and as such, like to flaunt it. Condescending people annoy me, and his "ummm.. It's a C63" comment was a perfect example.

Now, for the record, I wasn't flaunting anything. I tried being polite, (with a touch of my home made brand of humor), and tell the gentleman that his C63 isn't the most powerful mercedes thing ever. Nor is mine, for that matter. But the difference is, I know mine isn't.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 PM

Bait taken...
Was it tasty?

Impressed by what... ohhh by your "Faster" "Quicker" (Faster Faster?)
You do know the difference between Fast = top speed and Quick = acceleration to said speed, yes? You do? Good.

and "well... more rare than my C63" LOL.. noooo you couldnt have possibly brought that up to be a wise *** and try to impress me and attempt to make yourself look cool.
I do believe I stated for the record that no, I was not trying to make myself look cool.

That wasnt the point. The point was it take little to no effort to break the speed limit in most AMG vehicles. There is no such thing as speeding wisely and the point was that its hard NOT to speed in an AMG. Not my high and mighty C63.
There is such a thing as speeding wisely. Unfortunately, you can't do that in NY. You need something called "lots of room for it".

I didnt get the ticket. Try and keep up. I know it takes a supreme intellect to read the names on here.
I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box. But you are right. I got you and the OP mixed up. For that I apologize.

Never said I was. I stated a C63 is fast and hard not to speed. You on the other hand layed down your 2005 CL65 in an attempt to somehow impress me.
There you ago again, with the whole "impressing" thing. Note what I "drive" under my user name.

No, I was not. Had I been trying to "impress" you, I would have dropped a name like... (insert impressive car name here)

Try to work on your comprehension skills before your reply.
Comprewhat?

My comprehension is usually fine. I suppose it's time for a Comprehension tune-up.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I've done some pretty stupid things in my live. Got plenty of speeding tickets, and to be honest, deserved every single one, plain and simple. I was born in Germany, hold a racing license and owned quite a few fast cars and still do. However, that doesn't justify speeding, at least not in this country. But all my speeding was done on highways, with nothing to kill but a rabbit. Going 110 in a 35, which must have been in the city, is just stupid. And to brag about it on a forum, is even more stupid. Nothing personally against you, just trying to make a point.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Nowhere, really.

I have no intention of ruffling feathers around here, what with being the n00b and all. I just get annoyed at people who think that they have the biggest and greatest thing ever, and as such, like to flaunt it. Condescending people annoy me, and his "ummm.. It's a C63" comment was a perfect example.

Now, for the record, I wasn't flaunting anything. I tried being polite, (with a touch of my home made brand of humor), and tell the gentleman that his C63 isn't the most powerful mercedes thing ever. Nor is mine, for that matter. But the difference is, I know mine isn't.
Ohh well thanks for letting me know my C63 isnt the most powerful AMG ever made.

You should probably check that home brand humor. Its not very funny.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Thumbs down

So you never speed huh? You bought a C63 and an M5 and never break the speed limit?
Just a little FYI for all you little pretend do gooders. If it wasn't for speeders and other moving violations most states wouldn't be able to make payroll. If they didn't want speeders they would govern all cars to 75MPH and call it a day.
110 in a 35 doesn't make you cool it makes you a tool...see if one person thinks I'm wrong...

-Rob
Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
I've done some pretty stupid things in my live. Got plenty of speeding tickets, and to be honest, deserved every single one, plain and simple. I was born in Germany, hold a racing license and owned quite a few fast cars and still do. However, that doesn't justify speeding, at least not in this country. But all my speeding was done on highways, with nothing to kill but a rabbit. Going 110 in a 35, which must have been in the city, is just stupid. And to brag about it on a forum, is even more stupid. Nothing personally against you, just trying to make a point.
While I understand your point and agree with it I guess I should have given more details.

Where I live there are many areas down by the beach where there are empty 2 lane roads with sand dunes on either side. Any Long Islander can verify this. After you exit what we call the pencil there is a 3 lane road that is 35 MPH for about 1/2 mile. After coming out of a great circle turn its a great place to hammer the throttle. I have easily hit 110 in this area. If the police were to catch me on radar I would be in for a hell of a ticket.

I actually lost my license in this place for extreme speed. Revoked, not suspended. I retook my road test when I was 22 I think. My post history will also reflect this. It was on an empty beach road. Not a soul. "Safe speeding" still got caught and went to jail. Good times..

https://mbworld.org/forums/4043759-post168.html

I dont speed in the city or where there is a lot of people... Just for the record. My previous posts in many other threads reflect this if you cared to take a look.

Last edited by propain; 05-20-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Was it tasty?

You took the bait so you tell me...

I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box. But you are right. I got you and the OP mixed up. For that I apologize.

You said it...
Its all in fun anyhow. Good to have a little razzing on the forum. Just messing with you.

Have a good night.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 PM

Ohh well thanks for letting me know my C63 isnt the most powerful AMG ever made.
No problem. We aim [/i]too[/i] please.

You should probably check that home brand humor. Its not very funny. [/QUOTE]

Well... what you consider not funny, others may consider hilarious... and vice versa.

Its all in fun anyhow. Good to have a little razzing on the forum. Just messing with you.

Glad to hear it's all in good fun. Wouldn't want your blood pressure to spike to dangerous levels.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
There is no way i would wanna mess with a cl65, had a friend give me a ride in one and it was absolute insanity. The 65 feels like your strapped inside of a rocket!!! Amazing car.

Last edited by _AMG_; 05-21-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:31 AM

2009 C63 and 2008 BMW M5
I take it to the track LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another ticket