C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Why do stock GT-Rs run so much faster than stock C63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:31 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
OPINIONS folks.......relax....

I currently own
S65 2006
GNX
Limited Turbo
S55
GTR
SC430
5 trucks---
a 430 HP sea doo speedster

I have driven every AMG to date minus the SLS

Again the tranny issue is a myth...as far as the dealer walking on the replacement....it hasnt happened in a long while..and the trannies are remapped with the software to eliminate any issues in the future

A GTR will hold up longer in the end over a 997TT...I have seen 4 broken 997TT at a local mechanic nonmodded ...broken

Does this really matter? Not a damn
But your vehicle list next to your avatat says "SL65 BLACK" ??? You are nuts if you think a GTR trans will hold up better than a 997TT.
I call BS on your list of vehicles....more like your Dad's....Post pics.

EDIT - I see you just edited your post to included MODDED 997TTtrans that you have seen "broken"...Your full of ***** kiddo !!!

Last edited by LZH; 04-29-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

A video from last week....My old CL65 sold to a board member and my GTR.....I gave the CL65 3 cars on one race on the street ...not a good idea...I caught him at 150 mph barely......

CL65 was the next coming of Christ.......it is the KING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7sQAqi50CY
LOL - How many times did you RED LIGHT at the drags ????!!!!!

And is this you (Rob) riding your 430hp jet ski up the beach ???!!!! What a retard....I think that video speaks volumes about you...
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigfrogy.../2/UD42WB8Fr6E

Last edited by LZH; 04-29-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 544 Likes on 361 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM
LZH
Banned

C'mon CH...lets get the MBWorld CSI team on the case here...
Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
LZH
Banned

Mark -is this your S65?

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigfrogy#p/u/19/JSmaHYNgWiU

I think I'm beginning to see the "culture" problem here
Old 04-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Whats up with this Japanese car bashing? Lets remember that the Integra-R, NSX, Supra, R34 and RX7 were all years before their time when it was brand new as far as performance. Just because it was made in Japan doesnt mean it sucks. Granted that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some people might find the GTR ugly and some people would think its amazing. (I do think its ugly btw) There is no reason to overlook a car's performance just because its a "pos jap car". Be reasonable.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
I was considering the GTR before the c63. But a price tag of $80k was too much. The GTR is all about performance but has no luxury amenities. My C63 with the performance package handles like its on rails,brakes like a supercar,pulls hard, also practical for daily use. Come on with just 2 boltons it runs in the 11s@121+ NA! Oh yes my c63 gets looks and attention(exhaust note).
Old 04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
Not me on the Ski...My name is Mark not Rob

LZH-----I had a SL Black for 3 weeks....I made $14k on the car...now I would lose 4x that if I was foolish to buy one and keep it long

That guy in the video is Rob ...he ran his ski up on the beach...he also by the way bought his first house with money earned on his own at the age of 22 ....he paid $1.1 mil for the house....with 1/3 down.....he just turned 25

Enough of that....

Yes there were a few 997's broken at a local mechanic...not exactly sure as to what caused it..but they were warranty void cars ..I do know that...
I didnt say anything about a 997 TRANS being broken ...I said car broken....engine issues etc. either way they were there for repairs....

I have a dealer license as a second biz or hobby that it...so I SEE alot of cars ..and talk with a lot of people in the car world

Those may argue that as a dealer I dont own any of the cars I drive...I own all the cars I listed and purchased...though the S65 has a deposit on it...I am selling it...everything I BUY at auction or on the street I pay outright and OWN....

One of the main reasons I chose to go with the GTR...is the fact it will hold its value...a c63 was $70k new...now they are under $40k wholesale.....I hate losing anything on a car.....this is one of my problems...if I think it will tank I let it go ....the GTR will be worth 75% of its original cost for years to come ...even with high miles...

No more GTR after 2012

Mark

Last edited by retardedmunk; 04-29-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:42 PM
LZH
Banned

LOL - so you flip cars for a living. 'Nuff said. I know of a few different dealers in my area who are discounting GTR's right now...With that being said, it's not so rare and will loose value just like any other car unless you park it and dont drive it. If you don't believe me, let me know when you decide to sell it LOL....
Old 04-29-2010, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Ok my w208 Clk55 is not worth much even though only like 3500 built worldwide. GTRs are not rare at all. I'm sure more then 5000 are already out. The 93-98 Toyota Supra turbos are rare. Their book value with low miles are still worth in the 30s-40.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e55 designo

A video from last week....My old CL65 sold to a board member and my GTR.....I gave the CL65 3 cars on one race on the street ...not a good idea...I caught him at 150 mph barely......

CL65 was the next coming of Christ.......it is the KING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7sQAqi50CY
My brother is the camera man.....

I currently own
S65 2006
GNX
Limited Turbo
S55
GTR
SC430
5 trucks---
a 430 HP sea doo speedster

"A LOT OF MONEY on **** I NEVER DRIVE ANYWAY" cars are a sickness...kinda like women

I have driven every AMG to date minus the SLS

Again the tranny issue is a myth...as far as the dealer walking on the replacement....it hasnt happened in a long while..and the trannies are remapped with the software to eliminate any issues in the future

A GTR will hold up longer in the end over a 997TT...I have seen 4 broken 997TT at a local independant mechanic modded and non-modded .....NO WARRANTY on them as well.....

Does this really matter? Not a damn
Nice stable...A little off topic but what number is your GNX? Post some pics of it?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
RARE?? maybe you mean rare for someone buying 1.
If you search cars.com autotrader ebay ect you will see more 2009-2011 GTR'S for sale than C63'S- even though the C63 has been in production one year longer.

I see the GT-R hitting hi 40's low 50's by this time next year.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
MTHIS----The C63 is a poor man's AMG...it is actually the cheapest AMG built but in the used car market it is inferior to the badass AMG's like the 65's and so ....where buying a C63 over a 65 or CLS or E63 of same value is senseless

GTR is a POOR man's 997TT? Have you even looked or driven a 997TT? Most likely not....the GTR IS superior in build quaility and engineering...I have owned both and driven both ...the 997 is a overpriced piece of ****...lol
Even at wholesale which I could of bought another one for $70k...I chose the GTR....even if the 997 was $10k less I would of still bought a GTR....

The GTR is rarer...cooler...and without a doubt a one on one car...the Carrera or 911 body comes in many different models....
It is like a AMG...they are great but it is hard to tell a C63 from a c350

And the GTR is UGLY? Also the price of a GTR and C63 are very close....

Anybody here who owns a C63 and calls a GTR ugly is insulting themselves

A C63 will get about as much looks as a Lexus GS...nobody knows or cares about the car except for the owner....a CLS55 or 63 will demand looks...but a C63 is as boring and plain as it gets...I owned one for a short time..outside of the exhaust...unless I was in a car accident...the car got zero attention or compliments....

Someone might say "Nice car" about a C63 but a GTR will be "DAMN is that the car in all those magazines? OMG that is a ****ing cool car" actual quote i got once

A GTR without even moving gets pics taking and qustions asked...anything from what is it to OMG I didnt even know they were for sale here in USA...I have had groups of guys and girls by my house where there is a college ...driving by they would get next to me and snap a photo or yell out "damn I love that car" or "that is a badass car"

SO UGLY? wow....people run from GODZILLA it is so scary...lolol

I had a girl at the Blue Martini last week GAWKING MY CAR WITH HER BOYFRIEND watching....Blue Martini is a local place here in Boca Raton ...a lot of celebrities and cool *** people go to hangout..a classy place...

Well I had parked the car in the parking lot in front of the place...and this woman and her man came out went over to my car and she starting looking at it...when I got there.. she asked me to sit in it and her boyfriend was taking pics of her inside and out ,,,,then before she left...she kissed the hood of the car and told me I have her dream car....I almost said "give me a ******* and I will take you for a ride around the block" but I am engaged LOL
So you hang out at the Blue Martini - Boca, huh? Not my kind of place since I'm a family man (and not the cheesy type), but it gives good insight as to what kind of person you are. Yeah, we used to live in Boca many years ago. Anyhow, I would love to see you run against my buddy, Sleepdoc's Cobb AP custom tuned GT-R @ PBIR...assuming your GT-R is stock, that's would be funny.

btw -- Aside from the tuned GT-R's like Sleepdoc's (who has a catless race exhaust), most would disagree with you about the C63 AMG "not getting looks" being that our C63 AMG's sound is 10x better (and much more 'badass' race-car like) than any stock GT-R. Yes, the GT-R is very exotic looking, imho, but even the GT-R's F/I tt V6 is no 6.2L V8 with the AMG exhaust. My brother even commented on my C63, saying that his GT-R doesn't come close to sounding as good as my C63 AMG (he still loves his GT-R even though he just ordered a Ferrari F430 as his other DD). Despite your delusions, the C63's amazing 6.2L V8 engine/AMG exhaust note actually gets a lot of looks and attention, especially when you downshift or just take off from a stop.

Last edited by sflgator; 04-29-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 PM

C63
LZH-----I had a SL Black for 3 weeks....I made $14k on the car...now I would lose 4x that if I was foolish to buy one and keep it long

That guy in the video is Rob ...he ran his ski up on the beach...he also by the way bought his first house with money earned on his own at the age of 22 ....he paid $1.1 mil for the house....with 1/3 down.....he just turned 25

Enough of that....

Yes there were a few 997's broken at a local mechanic...not exactly sure as to what caused it..but they were warranty void cars ..I do know that...
I didnt say anything about a 997 TRANS being broken ...I said car broken....engine issues etc. either way they were there for repairs....

I have a dealer license as a second biz or hobby that it...so I SEE alot of cars ..and talk with a lot of people in the car world

Those may argue that as a dealer I dont own any of the cars I drive...I own all the cars I listed and purchased...though the S65 has a deposit on it...I am selling it...everything I BUY at auction or on the street I pay outright and OWN....

One of the main reasons I chose to go with the GTR...is the fact it will hold its value...a c63 was $70k new...now they are under $40k wholesale.....I hate losing anything on a car.....this is one of my problems...if I think it will tank I let it go ....the GTR will be worth 75% of its original cost for years to come ...even with high miles...

No more GTR after 2012

Mark
why would you guys feed this troll???

he knows NOTHINGS about cars.

statements such as "i would consider m5 before m3, because m3 is a poor man's m5/m6" "C63 is a rental car with a big engine" proves he's ignorant about cars.

just ignore him and let him living in his dream on the internet. real life is being tough to him.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM

C63 AMG
as awesome as GTR's performance is ... it is in fact a poor man's 911 turbo. The way i see it is there will never be a 911 turbo owner wanting to trade down for a gtr but there are plenty of GTR owners who would dream to trade up to a turbo. (my friend with a gtr dreams about it on a weekly basis)

The gtr is fast for its money but as an overall package it certainly loses to 911 turbo.

Also i would disagree with those who think R35 will come down as a legend. I am sure it will be remembered as a great car but due to its lack of passion it will never be a legendary car like the F40,Enzo,Diablo etc.

Last edited by MikeS54; 04-29-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
I was considering the GTR before the c63. But a price tag of $80k was too much. The GTR is all about performance but has no luxury amenities. My C63 with the performance package handles like its on rails,brakes like a supercar,pulls hard, also practical for daily use. Come on with just 2 boltons it runs in the 11s@121+ NA! Oh yes my c63 gets looks and attention(exhaust note).
+1. I was also looking for a GT-R before I bought my C63 AMG. Both my brother and my friend, Sleepdoc bought their '10 GT-Rs locally for $5k under MSRP @ ~ $80k. However, I already pay for my wife's $73k GL450, so spending $80k on a car just wasn't going to happen. So, instead of buying another BMW 335i or an M3, I test drove a C63 AMG...and was hooked! I shopped around for a MB C63 AMG, and luckily for me, MB was doing the $7k mfgr-dealer incentive, so I negotiated $13k off MSRP and bought my C63 AMG from a VA dealer for $55k including delivery to my door. After 20k+ mi., I am thrilled every time I start her up and drive (and even when I just walk into the garage and gawk at my car).

Last edited by sflgator; 04-29-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG

Enough of that....

One of the main reasons I chose to go with the GTR...is the fact it will hold its value...a c63 was $70k new...now they are under $40k wholesale
.....I hate losing anything on a car.....this is one of my problems...if I think it will tank I let it go ....the GTR will be worth 75% of its original cost for years to come ...even with high miles...

No more GTR after 2012

Mark
Mark,

You neglected to mention this in previous posts. Most ppl cannot buy their cars at auction prices so it's a bit unfair and certainly deceptive to argue car values at auction prices when the rest of us are buying either brand new or used at dealer's retail prices minus discounts.

Too bad you missed out on the $13k mfgr-dealer rebate from MB last summer...I got my loaded C63 AMG for $55k, not the $68k-$70k you quoted! Maybe MB will have the same program this summer; then, you may change your tune on the C63's 'bang for your buck.' Either way, it doesn't matter to us, but again, you may want to think about how you sound on here...like a Boca snob. You may look "cool" while hangin' at the Boca Blue Martini (b/c snobby guys with attitude and a cool car is what the Boca girls like...but beware b/c they'll spend ALL your money too ) but on here, it just gets old.

Last edited by sflgator; 04-29-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:41 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by mthis
just my opinion.
i think a GTR is nothing but a Nissan and thats all it is, i had a jap car once in my life and never again.

i think a GTR is a poor mans 911TT.
Huh?
Maybe it's the smart man's 997TT.

I had a CLK63 Black and a GTR at the same time. I had to make a choice between the two and picked the Nissan because it was a lot faster and more practical. A buddy of mine and I ran them side by side a number of times and it wasn't even close.
Let me also add that I loved my Black Series and would have kept it over the GTR but I live in North Dakota and it was not driveable 5 months a year.

Last edited by chiphomme; 04-29-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
DUde I abuse GTR's of dig and roll it's even worse.

1 a stock c63 does 0-60 in under 4 sec. I did 12.1 at 116 myself in my car.
So if car and driver did 3.9 to 60 and 12.3 in a 1/4 then I should of been at 3.8 to 60 with my 12.1to 1/4.
Fully modded c63 did 0-60 in 3.2 sec and 8.4 from 60-130 at 1/4 mile in 11.2 at 125.
Do you really believe those numbers?
Most car rags do acceleration numbers with a 1' rollout. That'll shave .2-.3 off those 60mph times. A stock C63 would be very hard pressed to break 4 and a modded C63 hitting 3.2 would be incredibly difficult because of it being rear wheel drive.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Received 507 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
On the sidelines? You are slipping.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rock
On the sidelines? You are slipping.
I kinda like retardedmunk. If someone's gonna lynch him, it's not gonna be me. I will tell you that not everything he's said so far has really stacked up, but I'm all drama'd out this week.

You can peek at his photobucket though: http://s189.photobucket.com/home/retardedmunk/index
Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by chiphomme
Huh?
Maybe it's the smart man's 997TT.

I had a CLK63 Black and a GTR at the same time. I had to make a choice between the two and picked the Nissan because it was a lot faster and more practical. A buddy of mine and I ran them side by side a number of times and it wasn't even close.
Let me also add that I loved my Black Series and would have kept it over the GTR but I live in North Dakota and it was not driveable 5 months a year.
at the end of the day it's a jap and it's nissan.

Originally Posted by chiphomme
Do you really believe those numbers?
Most car rags do acceleration numbers with a 1' rollout. That'll shave .2-.3 off those 60mph times. A stock C63 would be very hard pressed to break 4 and a modded C63 hitting 3.2 would be incredibly difficult because of it being rear wheel drive.
Do some reserching Its all on this forum.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Keep working at your restaurant. Save your brain cells for that, because your intellect clearly doesn't have the capacity to understand the globalization of the car market. "It's jap" hasn't been a valid excuse since the mid 90's. The Japanese are every bit capable of building as good of a car as the Germans dollar for dollar, they just don't go after the same price points.

You're under-educated about the GTR. It's aerodynamics and chassis were tuned by LOTUS. The motor was engineered by COSWORTH, the authority on making big power turbo motors.

Stop making a fool out of yourself. I'm going to sleep.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo

Do some reserching Its all on this forum.

You are full of yourself, aren't you?
I have two acceleration meters, Racelogic and Gtech, both show my Nissan easily running over and over again in the mid 3s to 60, low 8s to 100, and high 11s@119-120ish in the quarter without using LC. I have run my GTR against my Black over and over again too. I love the CLK but it was no match for the GTR in any run. I am not the one that needs to do any research.
And this silly arrogance about it being Japanese borders on comical. Why wouldn't you turn that around and wonder why that lowly Nissan is giving Porsche, AMG, and the BMWs M division sleepless nights?

You should be applauding Nissan for pushing the Germans.

Last edited by chiphomme; 04-30-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
I AM back..miss me?

LOL...MTHIS is really a joke on the car end of things.....I call guys like that car RACISTS...

THE GTR was a car engineered by many different countries including the USA

The seats are designed by RECARO.....

I know sleepdoc...he AND I went to the same tuner...he has a bit more into his car...he also drives his car daily....I have a few cars to drive regularly
His car is very quick...

As for you paying $55k...you like the car and that is the most important..but I would of bought a CL65,S65 or a CLS55 for a few dollars less...reason is simple...

"I am a big fan of HIGH dollar car depreciation" Always have been....
why buy a car for say $60k when you can have a used $200k car or $100k car for say $50k?

You simply get a better car for the money...hence look at the interior and exterior and engine of a S65 compared to a C63.....no comparison

Some will argue that the 65 is a big car and cant handle as well...lol...nobody here drives their cars to work or to play around cones..and the S65 does a great job...and a badass CLS55 with the batman looks will do just as good or better.....they r just better cars .....I had a 2009 C63 (no keyless) this was one of the reasons I had dumped it quick....a ****ing Honda has keyless....it was a fast car...fun to drive but so was a SRT4 I once had...infact the SRT4 was more fun....lol

As far as the GTR...less then 5k have been built since 2009...not soooo rare but they build 8000 z06's yearly .....

2011 GTR'S have been limited to 300 units because the 2010's are still at lots....since this news hit ....dealers went back up to MSRP on 2011's and a few have sold for less....and according to the site I HANG out at on GTR'S
NAGTROC.COM.....A LOT of GTR's are being bought now since the production has been announced to end in 2012 and the super limited 2011's.....

The car has a 5 year 60k miles warranty on drivetrain....until this is breached and the cars have excessive miles...there is always someone going to be in the market for one of these cars....

I know of 2 997TT owners....both own dealerships...both sold their 997TT's to buy a GTR...and havent looked back.......

THE NEW ROAD AND TRACK JUST HIT CHECK IT OUT.....

The GTR came in 3rd...it is a 2 year old car now...they stacked it against
2010 zr1
2010 911 turbo
2011 GTR

The article claims the GTR to be boring and basically hard to break loose...but the best overall track car....

The GTR was still the best 0-60 with the best stopping power....
considering it weighs 800 lbs more then a zr1 with 155 less hp...this is a great accomplishent.....

Back to the 911...it still has the same ****ed up interior it did since 1995...a joke....with a great interior guy you can hook it up..but either way I am not fan of the 911.....I am a SUPER AMG freak though....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do stock GT-Rs run so much faster than stock C63s