Sponsored by:

Why do stock GT-Rs run so much faster than stock C63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
After seeing how the gtr performs in the canyons and highways in real life. The GTR is definately a beast. Then again the c63 and gtr are in different price ranges so are not really direct competitors.

The GTR will be a legend.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by evox44
Also Dual clutch tranny's have proven to keep boost high while shifting quick.
I've heard GT-R's have the ability to upshift without loosing any boost.
And to add on, a friend of mine who owns one.... lets just say I find my car a bit on the slow side after I get out of his.

GT-R's are God Like
But there's no denying what an animal the C63 is.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
just my opinion.
i think a GTR is nothing but a Nissan and thats all it is, i had a jap car once in my life and never again.

i think a GTR is a poor mans 911TT.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
just my opinion.
i think a GTR is nothing but a Nissan and thats all it is, i had a jap car once in my life and never again.

i think a GTR is a poor mans 911TT.
I guess affording a $80k+ car is poor.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by norb
I guess affording a $80k+ car is poor.
no its not poor, but next to the 911TT it is.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
I don't think he meant it literally.....
Old 04-29-2010, 05:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Reading this thread makes me laugh. If anyone here even considers the C63 or any 63amg car for that matter in the same league as the GTR (only based on performance and not on luxury for you smart asses) you must be smoking some good stuff. Pass that along please.

This reminds me of the argument that I saw once stating that an S2k is faster than an Evolution 9.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
Nissan honored 99% of the blown trannies....and using Launch control is useless....it is a difference of .1 sec.....

I KNOW the GTR with 40k miles ...It was a test car..mag car I believe and it was in damn good condition when sold I heard....

U can get an extended warranty on a GTR as any Nissan Dealership for $3500 to 100k miles and 7 years.....this is cool since this can not be done on a second owned AMG

I have owned a lot of AMG's....probably more then some members...I am a diehard fan.....To this day the CL65 is my favorite car PERIOD.....I am not a fan of the C63 for what it costs and that the same body style is at Hertz for rent...and saying a SRT8 is a overpriced rental car with a big motor is not comparable....

The C63 is a $73k car optioned and a SRT8 is a $45k car....
And for the interior of the car being superior and so on...it is the least expensive AMG in the lineup....and the interior is nice but not well-crafted...

Like I said I dont hate the car....how could I? but for anything over $25-30k I dont see the car being worth it....I would prefer a E55 or E63 or S65(king) over the C63....these cars are equally as quick if not quicker,look better and have a more classy interior by far

The C63 falls into a category "best used car bargain" when they get under $30k....but as for new....it is insane to spend $40k more for a nice set of brakes and a big v8 over a C350......I would buy a 2007 S65 used for $75k or a GTR...these cars are rarer and are engineered freaks

Of course AWD and the quick-shifting trans help make it fast, but wasn't it the (now discontinued if this article was correct) launch control that put these into the 11s stock and wowed everyone? According to this - http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-...h-control.html - without launch control the GT-R is a 4.5 0-60, 12.2 second 1/4 mile car. Times a C63 is certainly capable of.

FUNNY....LOL....without launch control and a broken in car...my GTR ran stock 0-60 in 3.2 sec

From the guy driving a GT500.

Talk about overpriced rental car with a big motor.

The GTR is AWD, A better tranny and more HP. Thats why its faster. The end.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
[QUOTE=MikeS54;4048768]
Originally Posted by alqamzi

Stock GTR is running fairly low turbo pressure and its a twin turbo which gives it a very NA like top end. However a good comparison would be between the F430 and GTR. If you look at some highway pulls F430 will pull on GTR at highspeed because it doesn't lose power up top.
That has more to do with the gearing and tranny lose, not the turbos. If your statement about the GTR losing topend because of the turbos was tru then Porsche and Veyron must be doing a real bad job!

MB and BMW must be making a big mistake as well being that turbo's are where they r headed.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned

1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
LOL----poor man's 997? R u kidding me

MTHIS----The C63 is a poor man's AMG...it is actually the cheapest AMG built but in the used car market it is inferior to the badass AMG's like the 65's and so ....where buying a C63 over a 65 or CLS or E63 of same value is senseless

GTR is a POOR man's 997TT? Have you even looked or driven a 997TT? Most likely not....the GTR IS superior in build quaility and engineering...I have owned both and driven both ...the 997 is a overpriced piece of ****...lol
Even at wholesale which I could of bought another one for $70k...I chose the GTR....even if the 997 was $10k less I would of still bought a GTR....

The GTR is rarer...cooler...and without a doubt a one on one car...the Carrera or 911 body comes in many different models....
It is like a AMG...they are great but it is hard to tell a C63 from a c350

And the GTR is UGLY? Also the price of a GTR and C63 are very close....

Anybody here who owns a C63 and calls a GTR ugly is insulting themselves

A C63 will get about as much looks as a Lexus GS...nobody knows or cares about the car except for the owner....a CLS55 or 63 will demand looks...but a C63 is as boring and plain as it gets...I owned one for a short time..outside of the exhaust...unless I was in a car accident...the car got zero attention or compliments....

Someone might say "Nice car" about a C63 but a GTR will be "DAMN is that the car in all those magazines? OMG that is a ****ing cool car" actual quote i got once

A GTR without even moving gets pics taking and qustions asked...anything from what is it to OMG I didnt even know they were for sale here in USA...I have had groups of guys and girls by my house where there is a college ...driving by they would get next to me and snap a photo or yell out "damn I love that car" or "that is a badass car"

SO UGLY? wow....people run from GODZILLA it is so scary...lolol

I had a girl at the Blue Martini last week GAWKING MY CAR WITH HER BOYFRIEND watching....Blue Martini is a local place here in Boca Raton ...a lot of celebrities and cool *** people go to hangout..a classy place...
Well I had parked the car in the parking lot in front of the place...and this woman and her man came out went over to my car and she starting looking at it...when I got there.. she asked me to sit in it and her boyfriend was taking pics of her inside and out ,,,,then before she left...she kissed the hood of the car and told me I have her dream car....I almost said "give me a ******* and I will take you for a ride around the block" but I am engaged LOL

Last edited by retardedmunk; 04-29-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Retarded - I would agree that the 997 is not such a wonderful car, primarily due to the engine changes...but I think you'd have a hard time arguing that a 996 TT wasn't one heck of a performer - even if it did have the same nose as a Boxster!

And the GTR is UGLY!!!!!
^^Fixed that for ya.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
................ "it's not how fast you go it's how well you go fast" and at the end of the day it's still FUGLY in my opinion. I do agree with you on the CL65 and S65 cars lot's of bang for the buck. I think the C63'S are great looking cars and provide a nice niche in the market. I've had numerous AMG cars E55 and SL55 over the years and would consider buying a C63 for my next AMG.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

True ..... I never said it wasnt a great performer

A 997 is a stout car on the track and street.....Performance aside I think the $150k is $75k too much for what you get in terms of quality....

So it compares to a GTR in terms of performance....this is saying the it is certainly not a poor man's anything...also being that a GTR and used 997 are close in cost

Some might say a 997 is a poor man's Ferrari.....
The only Farrari I like is the upcoming GTO....the rest I feel have been too generic too long
Old 04-29-2010, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
MTHIS----The C63 is a poor man's AMG...it is actually the cheapest AMG built but in the used car market it is inferior to the badass AMG's like the 65's and so ....where buying a C63 over a 65 or CLS or E63 of same value is senseless

and a M3 is a poor mans M5 and an M5 is a poor mans M6...

GTR is a POOR man's 997TT? Have you even looked or driven a 997TT? Most likely not....the GTR IS superior in build quaility and engineering...I have owned both and driven both ...the 997 is a overpriced piece of ****...lol

HAHAHAHAH!!

Even at wholesale which I could of bought another one for $70k...I chose the GTR....even if the 997 was $10k less I would of still bought a GTR....

The GTR is rarer...cooler...and without a doubt a one on one car...the Carrera or 911 body comes in many different models....

Rice boys drive GTR's. The whole skyline craze. Fast and the furious.. zzzzzzz... Its a hot car but please, it doesn't compare to a 997TT.

I agree. Close. GTR is not ugly nor is the C63. They are both chunky and styless compared to a 997TT.

Sort of....

A C63 will get about as much looks as a Lexus GS...nobody knows or cares about the car except for the owner....a CLS55 or 63 will demand looks...but a C63 is as boring and plain as it gets...I owned one for a short time..outside of the exhaust...unless I was in a car accident...the car got zero attention or compliments....

This is incorrect. I get looks, compliments, nods, waves, thumbs up almost daily. All men. Same for the GTR. The GTR is just as much of an enthusiast car as the C63. Same crap. To a woman its a 350Z. To us men, its a sweet machine, but only because we know. A 997TT screams look at me. Nothing else like it on the road. Hell a vette has more visual recognition than a GTR.

Someone might say "Nice car" about a C63 but a GTR will be "DAMN is that the car in all those magazines? OMG that is a ****ing cool car" actual quote i got once

God your a dreamer. Call me when you break out your pom pom's.

A GTR without even moving gets pics taking and qustions asked...anything from what is it to OMG I didnt even know they were for sale here in USA...I have had groups of guys and girls by my house where there is a college ...driving by they would get next to me and snap a photo or yell out "damn I love that car" or "that is a badass car"

Again, enthusiasts. 18 year olds who just came out of Fast and the Furious Part 14 and people like me and most on this forum who enjoy fast cars. Thats it. To the regular joe its a 350Z.

I had a girl at the Blue Martini last week GAWKING MY CAR WITH HER BOYFRIEND watching....Blue Martini is a local place here in Boca Raton ...a lot of celebrities and cool *** people go to hangout..a classy place...
Well I had parked the car in the parking lot in front of the place...and this woman and her man came out went over to my car and she starting looking at it...when I got there.. she asked me to sit in it and her boyfriend was taking pics of her inside and out ,,,,then before she left...she kissed the hood of the car and told me I have her dream car....I almost said "give me a ******* and I will take you for a ride around the block" but I am engaged LOL

Sure that happened... lol
again.. from the guy who paid 50K for a rustang that looks no different than a GT and is slower than a 37K SS Camaro.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

dude i dint even read your whole post and dont care top read it. i bought my car b/c it the cheapest AMG and bc the lightest and its N/A and its a 4 door.

bottom line is my lil c class is German and you GTR is a nissan POS jap. i dont care if its faster or slower all i know is i do 11.5's with my raido on blast and put a smile on my face.

PS i have drivin a 911tt 997 and i also had the pleasure of driving the new 997.2 911tt, dont think bc i have a c63 i dont have money, my pockets might not be as deep and yours but for a 24 yer old they strech out good. and no i dont sell drugs

Last edited by mthis; 04-29-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
dude i dint even read your whole post and dont care top read it. i bought my car b/c it the cheapest AMG and bc the lightest and its N/A and its a 4 door.

bottom line is my lil c class is German and you GTR is a nissan POS jap. i dont care if its faster or slower all i know is i do 11.5's with my raido on blast and put a smile on my face.
Im starting to doubt he owns any of the cars he brags about. First he said he was going to get a used C63... then he said later that he owned one....

Im sure hes just a hater who wishes he owned half the cars hes insulting.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by propain
Im starting to doubt he owns any of the cars he brags about. First he said he was going to get a used C63... then he said later that he owned one....

his a clown dude.

talking about how rare that POS is meanwhile the dealer by my house has 4 GTR in stock and trying to sell them under sticker. yeah realy rare.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 VW GTI

Wow, someone is starved for attention. And this girl you mention really sounds like the kind of chick that hangs out at "a classy place"
Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by propain

Or better yet just some high school RETARD whose parents have a few nice rides that he sits in the back of while passing the Blue Martini reading Car and Driver...That sounds a bit more like whats really happening here.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
guys im sry for disrespecting a phat car like that but this dude just took things a lil to the top.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63,ML 350,S60 2.5t and E350
The guy is a tool i really doubt he even drove a c63 or owns a gtr.

Mthis its all good the gtr is sick but at the end of the day its still a jap and probably the reason i would never purchase one
Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
guys im sry for disrespecting a phat car like that but this dude just took things a lil to the top.
Im with ya. The GTR is a sick ride. No question. I am not a big fan of elitism and I hate when people bash my ride.

The GTR is a hot ride, buts not the next coming of christ as this guy makes it out to be.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
The fact that this RETARD said the build quality of the GT-R is better than a 997 TT says volumes about his level of intelligence on the matter. I know of quite a few GT-R's that were press test vehicles that all had transmission issues after a few days of beating on them. You can beat on a 997TT all day long and it'll just smile and ask for more. Porsches are some of the best built cars on the road - Nissans.....not so much and the dealer network you have to go through for a transmission repair is horrible.

ReardedMunk - Please show us some pics of your cars and does your vehicle list say you own an SL65 Black Series ?? I'd like to see a pick of that...personally, I don't think you own any of the cars you claim to...

Last edited by LZH; 04-29-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by LZH
The fact that this RETARD said the build quality of the GT-R is better than a 997 TT says volumes about his level of intelligence on the matter. I know of quite a few GT-R's that were press test vehicles that all had transmission issues after a few days of beating on them. You can beat on a 997TT all day long and it'll just smile and ask for more. Porsches are some of the best built cars on the road - Nissans.....not so much and the dealer network you have to go through for a transmission repair is horrible.

ReardedMunk - Please show us some pics of your cars and does your vehicle list say you own an SL65 Black Series ?? I'd like to see a pick of that...personally, I don't think you own any of the cars you claim to...
+1

A pic of you giving me the finger in front of your cars. That would satisfy me.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

lol...i love having fun on this board

OPINIONS folks.......relax....

A video from last week....My old CL65 sold to a board member and my GTR.....I gave the CL65 3 cars on one race on the street ...not a good idea...I caught him at 150 mph barely......

CL65 was the next coming of Christ.......it is the KING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7sQAqi50CY
My brother is the camera man.....

I currently own
S65 2006
GNX
Limited Turbo
S55
GTR
SC430
5 trucks---
a 430 HP sea doo speedster

"A LOT OF MONEY on **** I NEVER DRIVE ANYWAY" cars are a sickness...kinda like women

I have driven every AMG to date minus the SLS

Again the tranny issue is a myth...as far as the dealer walking on the replacement....it hasnt happened in a long while..and the trannies are remapped with the software to eliminate any issues in the future

A GTR will hold up longer in the end over a 997TT...I have seen 4 broken 997TT at a local independant mechanic modded and non-modded .....NO WARRANTY on them as well.....

Does this really matter? Not a damn

Last edited by retardedmunk; 04-29-2010 at 04:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do stock GT-Rs run so much faster than stock C63s