Sponsored by:

KW Clubsport Suspension - Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
KW Clubsport Suspension - Review

I have not seen anyone posted on this suspension before, although I know many friends here are on KW V3.

I installed KW Clubsport 3 days ago and had a track session immediately after the installation. Good thing is I get to test the new suspension immediately after installation on track. Bad thing is I had minimal chance to give my workshop the feedback on road use so that they could further 'tune' or adjust it before wacking the car hard on track.

I used to fret a bit during hard corners on stock suspension due to quite a bit of roll. Although the stock suspension is relatively firm vis a vis most road cars, but I tend to lose a bit of confidence at corners. KW Clubsport definitely gave me back my confidence. Now, the car WILL point at where u steer and you can easily power out from the corner without losing control or oversteering or having the ESP cutting the power. There is also very minimal, if not, NO roll at all during high speed or hard corners!

I am sure most of you would have also experience this on the straights. That is when you gun at full throttle, you tend to feel the weight of the car being thrown to the back as the car tilts backwards. KW Clubsport totally eliminate that as well. Car is entirely planted on straight line dash.

This car is firmer on daily drive definitely, inching towards being a bit too bouncy on uneven roads. This is where I would most likely have the workshop adjust for the damper or rebound and hopefully make the ride more comfortable without throwing your passengers up and down too much.

All in all, this is one of the best mod I had. Bearing in mind that when I ordered this via an authorised dealer from my country, KW was said to do a set just for me, as there hasn't been any request made so far. So I would assume it's a make to order, doesnt' seem like they will make a lot of these and wait for buyers. Took me a 1 month wait.

The quality and finishing is fantastic as well. Look really really good. I guess if you are not as hardcore, KW V3 should do the job very well (I have not tried V3 though). But I felt like going hardcore, and KW Clubsport really didnt' disappoint!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
You arr right the CS is special build only for C63. What country are you in and what track did you use? How was bump steer? also do you know the compression and rebound settings your workshop gave you? Sounds like you might need a bit more pressure in your rebound setting based on the limited info you gave here.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 PM

c63
Hi Brian!

I am based in Singapore and I was tracking in Sepang, a F1 track in Malaysia.

I am not sure what was the setting. I will go to the workshop either today or tomorrow to get the rebound fixed :-)
Old 05-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Great review. Thank you for posting!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63
I wanted to up this on. Can you post some pictures on how low you went?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200
Originally Posted by fordandford
Hi Brian!

I am based in Singapore and I was tracking in Sepang, a F1 track in Malaysia.

I am not sure what was the setting. I will go to the workshop either today or tomorrow to get the rebound fixed :-)
wah bro

your c63 must've cost you a bomb here (:
Old 05-10-2010, 02:07 AM

C63
thanks for the review, so I assume the car was not corner balanced after the coilovers were on? Also what price range are these, thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 PM

c63
Harrios bro... ya.. sibei expensive over here. For those who do not know, a c63 here cost about USD 250k.... OK, all you can start screaming now!

Originally Posted by Cerano
wah bro

your c63 must've cost you a bomb here (:
Old 05-10-2010, 08:32 PM

c63
Hi there, I am not sure what you mean by not corner balanced. I didnt' lower the ride of my height as I am using a 19inch DPE rims, which visually makes the car lower without lowering the car.

The only catch I have is that because the construct of the front KW Clubsport is differnet from the stock ones, I have problems fitting back the front DPE rims (as the orignial offset I had didn't take into aco**** that I would change suspension), without having the tires rum a little against the suspension. This will most likely result in a twin bolt spacers, unless I opt to change rims

Originally Posted by blindfold
thanks for the review, so I assume the car was not corner balanced after the coilovers were on? Also what price range are these, thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 PM

C200
Originally Posted by fordandford
Harrios bro... ya.. sibei expensive over here. For those who do not know, a c63 here cost about USD 250k.... OK, all you can start screaming now!
keke even my c200 cost 137k USD at C&C now sianz

why garmen tax so much

bro but your road tax killer leh
almost 6k USD a year before insurance....
kao

now with COE up your C63 from C&C is close to 300k USD
Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63
running on stock suspension also and it doesnt give me confidence when doing hard corners. which workshop did u get your KW CS from?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63
On my car I have CS also but never tried on the track but I really like it.

The only problem that I have is that I want to lower my car more but it does not go lower. But on some other car that has CS is lower than mine for sure. If you can take some pictures I want to see how low you went specially the rear.

Plus if you can let me know what set up you did will be a great help also that you used at the track.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 AM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Can't find any info on it on KW website. I have a KW V3 and what you mention is exactly what I feel, I guess everything must be a bit better!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 AM

2011 Ultima GTR
I am getting pricing now locally for these. I'd probably get the CS's over the V3's.

More info on CS: http://www.evlmotorsports.com.au/kw-.../kw-clubsport/

The CS seem to be made specifically for the Nordschleife, so really good for track days/mountain driving.

I am thinking to pair these with some 2-peice rotors, braided lines, upgraded brake pads and larger oil/transmission cooler. Then I think the car will be a lot more fun.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 AM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Originally Posted by AlexCim
I am getting pricing now locally for these. I'd probably get the CS's over the V3's.

More info on CS: http://www.evlmotorsports.com.au/kw-.../kw-clubsport/

The CS seem to be made specifically for the Nordschleife, so really good for track days/mountain driving.

I am thinking to pair these with some 2-peice rotors, braided lines, upgraded brake pads and larger oil/transmission cooler. Then I think the car will be a lot more fun.
Got stainless steel lines, I'd skip it if I had to do it again, didn't see much, including on the track. Evosport 2 piece rotors is a no brainer and highly recommended, let me know what you get for brake pads, this is where I'm having the most issues...
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 PM

2011 Ultima GTR
I've done brake lines before and I've seen good benefits them. Just more linear on the peddle feel, got rid of that "squish" at the bottom.

I think the key though is also good fluid at the same time. High temp and low compression, like Motul or Brembo fluid.

Also, I am looking into pads. Will see what I come up with. Might end up getting something custom made (here, place just put their compound on genuine backing plates)