ECU flash question, considering my first mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by C63fan
Thanks for the precious comment! How about stability and reliability? Can anyone with more than one year their mod on your C63 share me with your experience? Such as idle rpm consistence, any odd fuel consumption.etc...
I don't want to trade in my"must daily detail care" with a few more power on the MAX edge. For example, oil type filter is kind of concern for me. The air condition here is much worse than one in the states so the change/cleaning frequency must be higher. The issue is how you re-oil it again properly without any problem. There are quite a few MAF sensor issue here. Don't take me wrong! I'd like to enjoy the bigger intake efficiency but you just need to know what you have to "pay for" besides money!
It would be hard to judge long-term reliability right now since the car has been out only for a couple of years, and mods were not available the second the car was released. However, the C63 seems to respond very well to mods, as I have not seen anyone having problems with any of the hardware from any of the tuners: MHP, RennTech, Evosport, MBH, etc....
Old 05-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG 2009
mods

thanks all for the input. i will probably start with the charcoal and perhaps MHP and than the flash with one of the tuners, i have not checked all of them yet but i will for sure keep you posted about my experiences once installed.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
DutchC63. member avengerboater and I had very good results with the Kleemann ECU Tune. We picked up over 49 RWHP for less than $1500 USD.

Here's a link to the results with more info -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...2010-c63s.html

More good data in my signature.