C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What describes you the best?
I'm a Power Whore!
71.62%
I prefer handling/finese over raw power.
28.38%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Are you a Power Whore or ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SL55, Audi RS6, 1993 Corvette ZR1
Recently sold a 2006 Z06 for 06 SL55. What a difference. Fit and finish, the whine of a Kompressor/rumble of a v8. No squeaks or cheap plastic. Being an engineer....these are a few of my favorite things...

Last edited by Mikel01; 06-20-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate

Originally Posted by Djovovic63
You know what just please shut up and buy urself a vette and good luck with one, hopefully grinding gears is what u like. " I was first looking into the CTSV." i dont care what were u looking at its a ****ty car and if u buy one you either got no taste and ur a fan of american muscle or you are just stupid and dont knw much about cars.

And I would tend to disagree with american muscle beating euro cars(porsche gt2 rs beats any american muscle you name). I can name 1000 amazing supersport cars coming from europe and I bet you can not name 10 from U.S. ITS A FACT GERMANS MAKE THE CARS WHILE USA IS STILL WAYYYYYYY BEHIND in that sense. You cant be the best in everything, you can think so but you aint.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 C63 11 E350
Without OUR tax dollars-there would be no more NEW ZO6's. I'll stick with a MB product.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
You know what just please shut up and buy urself a vette and good luck with one, hopefully grinding gears is what u like. " I was first looking into the CTSV." i dont care what were u looking at its a ****ty car and if u buy one you either got no taste and ur a fan of american muscle or you are just stupid and dont knw much about cars.

And I would tend to disagree with american muscle beating euro cars(porsche gt2 rs beats any american muscle you name). I can name 1000 amazing supersport cars coming from europe and I bet you can not name 10 from U.S. ITS A FACT GERMANS MAKE THE CARS WHILE USA IS STILL WAYYYYYYY BEHIND in that sense. You cant be the best in everything, you can think so but you aint.
This forum has gone down hill fast with these new low post kiddies. If its one thing you wont have to deal with when buying a 400K car is dumb **** posters like this. Its one thing to be happy with your purchase of a C63. I know I love mine. Its another to think you have purchased a god machine and no car can possibly be better. I HATE people like this. You wanna weed them out? Just create a GTR Vs C63 post.

Why dont you wanna talk about the CTSV? Because it beats the M3, M5 and the C63? All I have to say is Whaaaaaa!! You can close your eyes and pretend it didnt happen but GM built quite the car with the 2009 Caddy. Of course the most common response to this is Whaaaaa... if you like it so much go buy one. Just like another owner did about the Vette. Its quite possibly the lamest reply you can muster.

No question Euro cars are fantastic. Their build quality is far superior to GM cars and most US made vehicles. Were not talking about that. When your talking about raw power you cant touch American Muscle.

No question the GT2 RS is a beast of a car. Beat the ZR1 for sure. I didnt say all American cars you twit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD9AW...eature=related

But since were throwing out Euro Vs American...

Dodge Viper Srt 10 acr 1:33 LS

It seems like your a bit biased. There is no room for that **** in my book. I appreciate all cars and all power and dont let brand get in the way of my thinking...

Here.. see for yourself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4xQ3bfGP5s The GT3 is lucky for slow traffic and a careful Viper driver or it would have been handled. The Viper was on him like a fly on ****.

Take your head out of your *** for your next post please.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
Propain, maybe Djovovic63's reply was a bit rude, I have to admit. But you cannot argue that most of you posts cause this kind answers.

Don't want to get in the middle of the confilct here, but just wanted to share my opinion. I think the CTS-V is hell of a car and it is probably amazing on the track, but the reason none of us here bought one is because the quality of GM cars is bad, the service is even worse, and we all respect German cars more than "today's American muscle". (not talking about Dodge Chargers, Hemi Cudas, or Shelby Mustangs here)

The question "Why didnt you buy a CTS-V?" comes directly to mind when you say yourself that it beats the M3, M5, C63 etc... If it so great, you should be driving one. I can see in your sig that you've already owned a CTS-V in the past and there must be a reason why you switched to MB, am I right?

Now coming to the raw power - a few years back, I think the American muscle enignes reaching 6.0 or 7.0 litres did astound people, but look at the cars we are driving today. An average mid-class saloon can be fitted with a 6.2 liter engine producing over 450hp. I think it does not impress people that much when you see a 600hp Corvette. All the Corvettes before the Z06 were spectacular, beacuse they were one a kind. Just look at the 1963 Stingray. But today's Corvette just don't do it anymore (maybe except the ZR-1).

Now coming to the Porsches, one has to admit that producing 400 or 600 hp from a 3.6 liter engine THAT IS AN ACHIEVEMENT.

I owned a Chrysler 300C 5.7 HEMI and thanked god that I didn't buy the STR-8 because the 5.7 HEMI was enough of a disappointment.

I think we chose an MB because each hp, all the torque and the overall reliability are worth every cent. Now, a Caddy with a Vette engine is nice to see on youtube videos or test drive once in a while but not a DD which you can rely on. You cannot look at such a car just at one angle (power) because this type of car is designed to be a DD "racing-sedan".

When you talk about raw power I think it's not an acheivement to fit a few turbochargers on a huge engine and make it produce 600-1000hp. IMO the only American Muscle, which I respect are the cars which already have a reserved parking space in the history of automobiles, not the ones produced today.

The car which I will definitely buy someday will be the 1967 Shelby GT500 Eleanor. And this is the American Muscle I respect

Originally Posted by propain
This forum has gone down hill fast with these new low post kiddies. If its one thing you wont have to deal with when buying a 400K car is dumb **** posters like this. Its one thing to be happy with your purchase of a C63. I know I love mine. Its another to think you have purchased a god machine and no car can possibly be better. I HATE people like this. You wanna weed them out? Just create a GTR Vs C63 post.

Why dont you wanna talk about the CTSV? Because it beats the M3, M5 and the C63? All I have to say is Whaaaaaa!! You can close your eyes and pretend it didnt happen but GM built quite the car with the 2009 Caddy. Of course the most common response to this is Whaaaaa... if you like it so much go buy one. Just like another owner did about the Vette. Its quite possibly the lamest reply you can muster.

No question Euro cars are fantastic. Their build quality is far superior to GM cars and most US made vehicles. Were not talking about that. When your talking about raw power you cant touch American Muscle.

No question the GT2 RS is a beast of a car. Beat the ZR1 for sure. I didnt say all American cars you twit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD9AW...eature=related

But since were throwing out Euro Vs American...

Dodge Viper Srt 10 acr 1:33 LS

It seems like your a bit biased. There is no room for that **** in my book. I appreciate all cars and all power and dont let brand get in the way of my thinking...

Here.. see for yourself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4xQ3bfGP5s The GT3 is lucky for slow traffic and a careful Viper driver or it would have been handled. The Viper was on him like a fly on ****.

Take your head out of your *** for your next post please.

Last edited by olszowa12; 06-20-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by olszowa12
Propain, maybe Djovovic63's reply was a bit rude, I have to admit. But you cannot argue that most of you posts cause this kind answers.

I disagree most on "most of my posts" I agree though that unless im kissing the *** of a MB a lot of people on this forum get their panties in a bunch.

Don't want to get in the middle of the confilct here, but just wanted to share my opinion. I think the CTS-V is hell of a car and it is probably amazing on the track, but the reason none of us here bought one is because the quality of GM cars is bad, the service is even worse, and we all respect German cars more than "today's American muscle". (not talking about Dodge Chargers, Hemi Cudas, or Shelby Mustangs here)

I agree on the build quality of the interior. Also some parts on GM cars are questionable. So far im very happy with my first MB. The quality is much better than my 04 CTSV.

The service however was on par with MB. If I had a problem with my Caddy I drove it into the shop, 5 mins later I was going to work in a rental car. All without an appointment. I cant complain about service. However anytime you spend the money on a MB or any car above 50K you better get good service. On the contrary dont exspect to get your *** kissed when buying at 28K GM.

To finish up on quality though, GM engines are quite solid. You really dont get more reliable than a LS engine.

The question "Why didnt you buy a CTS-V?" comes directly to mind when you say yourself that it beats the M3, M5, C63 etc... If it so great, you should be driving one. I can see in your sig that you've already owned a CTS-V in the past and there must be a reason why you switched to MB, am I right?

My 04 was an amazing car. Quite fast for its day. The quality however was really bad. Everything went bad on it except the engine and tranny. Its the reason its the only car I sold on my list. The 04 also had a bit of a wheel hop issue that I was disgusted with from day 1.

The 09 made leaps and bounds in improvments in quality over the 04. It was quite the contender on my list when looking for a new ride. In the end I was able to get the C63 for about 8K cheaper so it made getting the CTSV a much harder decision. The exhaust note on the C63 sold it for me. Car sounds so mean. I also like the looks for the C63 over the CTSV.

That pretty much sums it up. Just because I choose a C63 over a CTSV doesnt make the C63 a better car or faster. I love my C63 and im going to keep it for a very long time.

Now coming to the raw power - a few years back, I think the American muscle enignes reaching 6.0 or 7.0 litres did astound people, but look at the cars we are driving today. An average mid-class saloon can be fitted with a 6.2 liter engine producing over 450hp. I think it does not impress people that much when you see a 600hp Corvette. All the Corvettes before the Z06 were spectacular, beacuse they were one a kind. Just look at the 1963 Stingray. But today's Corvette just don't do it anymore (maybe except the ZR-1).

I agree and disagree. I think the Vette is one of the most beautiful cars in the world. Past and present. Where I agree is in its performance. The vette used to be the cutting edge and has fallen off a bit.

Now coming to the Porsches, one has to admit that producing 400 or 600 hp from a 3.6 liter engine THAT IS AN ACHIEVEMENT.

No question. I love my Porsche.

I owned a Chrysler 300C 5.7 HEMI and thanked god that I didn't buy the STR-8 because the 5.7 HEMI was enough of a disappointment.

Yup, total gimmic engine. A Hemi used to mean something. Now its just a sales tactic. The SRT-8 However is quite and engine.

I think we chose an MB because each hp, all the torque and the overall reliability are worth every cent. Now, a Caddy with a Vette engine is nice to see on youtube videos or test drive once in a while but not a DD which you can rely on. You cannot look at such a car just at one angle (power) because this type of car is designed to be a DD "racing-sedan".

I choose the MB because I never owned one and because of its power. The Caddy is just as reliable of a DD as the C63. Speaking of the 09 of course not the 04.

When you talk about raw power I think it's not an acheivement to fit a few turbochargers on a huge engine and make it produce 600-1000hp. IMO the only American Muscle, which I respect are the cars which already have a reserved parking space in the history of automobiles, not the ones produced today.

Thats like saying the 996 turbo doesnt deserve credit either because its not NA. I disagree.

You cant force someone to respect anything so its hard for me to dispute this with you. My opinion however is the US still makes some quite powerful engines and cars past and present. Ones good enough to compete with the rest of the world.

The car which I will definitely buy someday will be the 1967 Shelby GT500 Eleanor. And this is the American Muscle I respect

An amazing car indeed.

Pay attention Djovovic63. This is the way you reply to a post. Nice post
Olsz.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
I purchased the C63 for many purposes but I must admit I was also after a M-3 and I wish I had both however I have had cars in the past that handled even better than a M-3 like my ex car(C6 Z06) and now I am on my third Evo which by the way they handle like a mother ***** on rails. Drive an Evo or have someone giving you a ride in a Evo and you will see what I mean, even an STI.

Botton line, I have the C63 for raw power dd.