C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of LTH (Long Tube Headers) Manufacturers for C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by Mrbig
Been going back and forth and he really knows his stuff well has alot of research on all products his and others and also built in the USA and by a company which does alot of performance parts and builds great stuff for factory made vehicles as well! Priced right as well, now my tune may a custom one done by my buddy at TTM so well see !!!
The search function is your friend I sure hope the fitment issues are resolved, I feel bad for the guy with the headers that ended up pointing down at the pavement. A tear in the pipe at the flange patched with a sloppy weld? Otherwise am I the only one that thinks based on the pictures that they are simply poor MHP knock-offs? So far it looks like you get what you pay for with headers on these cars. Although I think $2995 for Kleemann log manifolds is a bit outlandish.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Kleeman K2 hardware is under $2500.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
well got my headers back from hpc coating, dropped the car off for the exhaust to be fitted. Should have results by the weekend.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
well got my headers back from hpc coating, dropped the car off for the exhaust to be fitted. Should have results by the weekend.
Wait until you walk under the car while it is on the lift, after the whole exhaust system is installed. If looking at it doesn't get your heart beating fast then you had no pulse to begin with! Enjoy the newfound power too.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
So the exhaust is fitted. It sounds crazy with the flaps open, and sooo quiet with the flaps closed. Unfortunately we had issues (again) on the dyno. This time ive been hit with a bad batch of fuel. After the exhaust was fitted we put it on the dyno, with the same tune, the car started pinging, ecu pulled timing out, we were at 280rwkw. Problem was, we didnt expect it to be the fuel, we didnt discover it until 4.30pm today. My tuner didnt have much time to spend on the car, so i went for a quick drive to burn as much of the fuel i can, re-fueled with new petrol from shell, went back on the dyno, after putting back my original tuned file, power jumped straight back up to 320+rwkw. Torque has picked up everywhere. how ever the ecu was still pulling timing out. I didnt finish all the fuel, i was only able to ad 20litres of new fuel. Every time we added timing or took it out, did nothing, played with cam timing, nothing. Put the factory file back, and the car made 294rwkw..... was a loooong day, my tuner unfortunately was on borrowed time late in the afternoon + i had to leave to come to work. It goes back in next week to be tuned properly. I have to thank James from BPS as he was trying all day and upset we couldnt finish the tune today. All is good though, things are looking good. Hopefully by the end of next week i will have some proper dyno figures and track times.

I have to say this isnt the 1st time ive been hit with bad fuel, i always use the same servo(not anymore) and it has happened to my previous cars and this one. I will be forwarding a complaint in. Not happy about that.

h.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:38 AM
malooamg

mhp products rock,even down under in australia.Best software ive tested to date
Old 08-20-2010, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by malooamg
mhp products rock,even down under in australia.Best software ive tested to date
Wouldn't bad fuel affect any tune?? What other tunes have you loaded?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by Sincity
Wouldn't bad fuel affect any tune?? What other tunes have you loaded?
during stock for stock

Sebring + Me Dyno'd our cars same day same machine

91 gas for me I got 380

and

Sebring got 400 from 94 gas.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:14 PM

E63
So the exhaust is fitted. It sounds crazy with the flaps open, and sooo quiet with the flaps closed. Unfortunately we had issues (again) on the dyno. This time ive been hit with a bad batch of fuel. After the exhaust was fitted we put it on the dyno, with the same tune, the car started pinging, ecu pulled timing out, we were at 280rwkw. Problem was, we didnt expect it to be the fuel, we didnt discover it until 4.30pm today. My tuner didnt have much time to spend on the car, so i went for a quick drive to burn as much of the fuel i can, re-fueled with new petrol from shell, went back on the dyno, after putting back my original tuned file, power jumped straight back up to 320+rwkw. Torque has picked up everywhere. how ever the ecu was still pulling timing out. I didnt finish all the fuel, i was only able to ad 20litres of new fuel. Every time we added timing or took it out, did nothing, played with cam timing, nothing. Put the factory file back, and the car made 294rwkw..... was a loooong day, my tuner unfortunately was on borrowed time late in the afternoon + i had to leave to come to work. It goes back in next week to be tuned properly. I have to thank James from BPS as he was trying all day and upset we couldnt finish the tune today. All is good though, things are looking good. Hopefully by the end of next week i will have some proper dyno figures and track times.

I have to say this isnt the 1st time ive been hit with bad fuel, i always use the same servo(not anymore) and it has happened to my previous cars and this one. I will be forwarding a complaint in. Not happy about that.

h.
So around 428rwhp so far. Can't wait to see final results.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Your neighbors will hate you. A catless C63 will make your Viper sound like a Civic. Seriously, no street car is louder.

Suggestions that might help with cold start :

• Start the car with the garage door closed.
or
  • Stuff huge sponges in each exhaust tip to muffle the sound at startup.
or
  • Simply never shut the car off.
I can easily see how these C63's get very loud with headers and no cats. They probably stink like unburned fuel too. But that's to be expected with no cats.

But, I can think of a louder street car. My 2010 Camaro SS that I just sold, had a twin screw blower, 1 7/8" LT's, and a 2 1/2" catback. Now that was a loud car.

Cold starts would actually hurt your ears if you started the car with windows down.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

h.
Man, that's the worst. I'm sorry to hear you guys had such a tough dyno day.

Hopefully, it all comes together next time you put it on the rollers.

I've had bad gas before too and it realls sucks. The worst is when you're driving and your car just starts pulling timing and you are wondering what could be the problem. Add some better gas and problem solved.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
I can easily see how these C63's get very loud with headers and no cats. They probably stink like unburned fuel too. But that's to be expected with no cats.

But, I can think of a louder street car. My 2010 Camaro SS that I just sold, had a twin screw blower, 1 7/8" LT's, and a 2 1/2" catback. Now that was a loud car.

Cold starts would actually hurt your ears if you started the car with windows down.
I've heard this one in person and it has very similar mods. -> http://www.youtube.com/user/carbconn#p/u/24/LZWb3M2AQlY

It was very loud, but not in the same way the C63 w/ catless headers was. They usually shut the garage door at the same dyno when avengerboater dynos there. Here is video -> http://www.youtube.com/user/carbconn#p/u/22/jofNWZGIy1Q

Last edited by superlubricity; 08-21-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-21-2010, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by superlubricity
I've heard this one in person and it has very similar mods. -> http://www.youtube.com/user/carbconn#p/u/24/LZWb3M2AQlY

I was very loud, but not in the same way the C63 w/ catless headers was. They usually shut the garage door at the same dyno when avengerboater dynos there. Here is video -> http://www.youtube.com/user/carbconn#p/u/22/jofNWZGIy1Q
I know this is just a fun debate we're having but I will say two things:

1) My Camaro was much louder than that Maggied Camaro. Mine was catless as well.

2) avengerboater's C63 is extremely loud for a NA car. That's awesome. And interestingly enough, my Camaro sounded so similar (in db, tone, everything) to his car it's not even funny.

I have to say, just from observing the different designs of the headers being discussed in this thread, I would pick the MHP brand. They are true LT's and they look exceptional.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
I would pick the MHP brand. They are true LT's and they look exceptional.
That's one of the reasons I chose them.

BTW, there are some more great sound clips in this thread. -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...y-headers.html

Last edited by superlubricity; 08-21-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Thanks for posting the link to the thread. Loved those clips.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
the MBH long tubes... i think i read that it requires welding? is it catless? and does it go all the way to the stock resonators?

looking for straight bolt on if possible
Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by bluejae
the MBH long tubes... i think i read that it requires welding? is it catless? and does it go all the way to the stock resonators?

looking for straight bolt on if possible
I believe MBH's headers require cutting the factory system. AFAIK, only two systems presently on the market are "straight bolt on" - MHP (which comes with the mid pipes) or Cargraphic (but only if you buy the mid pipes).

There might be others though?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by Raleighc63
MHP is bolt on...
i may need an alternative

edit: i definitely need an alternative to the MHP headers... next best thing is either MBH or cargraphic? anyone know the entire run down cost for the complete LTH from cargraphic all the way to the resonator with all cats deleted... and whether it involves cutting and welding?

Last edited by bluejae; 09-06-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
MHP was doing GB pricing on headers and mid-pipe, see if they will still honor it and it ends up very competitive to the rest in pricing.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
MHP was doing GB pricing on headers and mid-pipe, see if they will still honor it and it ends up very competitive to the rest in pricing.
thanks, but i need an alternative
Old 09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Yes, the OP should add evosport to the list - $5,995.
i couldn't find a thread on evosport headers for the c63... nor could i find the c63 in their list of cars on their website...
Old 09-07-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
i couldn't find a thread on evosport headers for the c63... nor could i find the c63 in their list of cars on their website...
Hey bluejae, no worries - check the plethora of prominently displayed evosport sticky threads at the top of this subforum (hint: product guide). Also, if you search C63 Guy's old threads and/or threads from Simon or Brad, I'm sure you can turn up one or more that discuss their LT header, with pics and whatnot. The headers themselves are 6 grand and the evo-header-matched tune from Powerchip is 3 grand, IIRC.

thanks, but i need an alternative
Sorry to be nosy, but your post made me curious - what made you cross MHP off of your "possible headers" list? If you're manufacturer-agnostic, and give priorities like 1. bolt-on, 2. price, 3. design/performance, 4. quality/quality control, 5. customer service... MHP is probably the best all-around option available for C63 owners.

To specifically answer your question, if I were in the market for C63 headers, my top five would be:

1. MHP (hits on every priority that would be important to me)
2. MBH (very high quality, reputable shop and cust. svc., but have to hack up the stock system a bit, which is a minor negative IMO, and real-world performance is still somewhat of a question mark although I expect them to be good in that dept.)
3. Cargraphic (bolt-in if you buy their mid pipes, well-known German tuner but so-far unproven)
4. Kleemann (good price for catted manifolds, better-than-stock performance but not very close to the true LTs performance-wise)
5. evosport (very high quality, reputable shop, but way too expensive IMO, given what else is available)

So, if you positively, absolutely need an alternative to MHP, I'd suggest you pay the same price as MHP's headers/mids and buy MBH's headers/test pipes... as they'd be second on my list. My $0.02.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Hey bluejae, no worries - check the plethora of prominently displayed evosport sticky threads at the top of this subforum (hint: product guide). Also, if you search C63 Guy's old threads and/or threads from Simon or Brad, I'm sure you can turn up one or more that discuss their LT header, with pics and whatnot. The headers themselves are 6 grand and the evo-header-matched tune from Powerchip is 3 grand, IIRC.

Sorry to be nosy, but your post made me curious - what made you cross MHP off of your "possible headers" list? If you're manufacturer-agnostic, and give priorities like 1. bolt-on, 2. price, 3. design/performance, 4. quality/quality control, 5. customer service... MHP is probably the best all-around option available for C63 owners.

To specifically answer your question, if I were in the market for C63 headers, my top five would be:

1. MHP (hits on every priority that would be important to me)
2. MBH (very high quality, reputable shop and cust. svc., but have to hack up the stock system a bit, which is a minor negative IMO, and real-world performance is still somewhat of a question mark although I expect them to be good in that dept.)
3. Cargraphic (bolt-in if you buy their mid pipes, well-known German tuner but so-far unproven)
4. Kleemann (good price for catted manifolds, better-than-stock performance but not very close to the true LTs performance-wise)
5. evosport (very high quality, reputable shop, but way too expensive IMO, given what else is available)

So, if you positively, absolutely need an alternative to MHP, I'd suggest you pay the same price as MHP's headers/mids and buy MBH's headers/test pipes... as they'd be second on my list. My $0.02.
i'll try to keep it short, but i'm horrible at that

i went through a lot of research and i ended up with MHP on the top of my list as well. even threads like this i started to not only help me out but i figured it could help other people who are shopping around. but then i couldn't edit the original post anymore so it got kind of unorganized.

although it took me a little longer than i expected to save up the money, and organize my plans which included finding a local shop to install, and finding out when my tuner could come down to retune my car. mhp was very helpful throughout the month of email communications until i was ready to purchase.

i can't go into too much detail but i was informed that they couldn't sell it to me in reply to my email saying i was now ready to purchase. after a phone call i was told i could only purchase them after i sign an NDA form. after reading it over and getting help from an attorney about what it really meant (honestly that mumbo jumbo legal talk is hard for me), i just couldn't bring myself to sign it. so as much as it freakin sucks because i wanted them so badly, and all the wasted time, i have to find an alternative.

i appreciate the list you gave me and i pretty much agree with it. i'm trying to get info on the MBH, cargraphic, and evosport... although i think the evosport is out of my price range.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i can't go into too much detail but i was informed that they couldn't sell it to me in reply to my email saying i was now ready to purchase. after a phone call i was told i could only purchase them after i sign an NDA form. after reading it over and getting help from an attorney about what it really meant (honestly that mumbo jumbo legal talk is hard for me), i just couldn't bring myself to sign it. so as much as it freakin sucks because i wanted them so badly, and all the wasted time, i have to find an alternative.

WTF? You need to sign some kind of form (Non-Disclocure or what??) in order to buy the headers? What does it say? It relieves MHP from all liability or that you will not attempt to recreate the LTs or what?? An acknowledgment for "off road usage only?" This reminds me of all the BS from the earlier threads of MHP threatening to sue people for various reasons. What a turn-off; go with MBH.

That is so strange.............

Last edited by Sincity; 09-07-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
WTF? You need to sign some kind of form (Non-Disclocure or what??) in order to buy the headers? What does it say? It relieves MHP from all liability or that you will not attempt to recreate the LTs or what?? An acknowledgment for "off road usage only?" This reminds me of all the BS from the earlier threads of MHP threatening to sue people for various reasons. What a turn-off; go with MBH.

That is so strange.............
i don't know what i'm allowed to say and stuff... i don't want to get in trouble... i'm not even sure what i just posted is cool. i tried to just tell facts. but it may seem one-sided because i can't say everything.

i'll remove whatever i need to if necessary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: List of LTH (Long Tube Headers) Manufacturers for C63?