Driver's seat side bolster...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Driver's seat side bolster...

OK, another newbie question. My rear end slides pretty harshly across the left side bolster of the AMG seats whenever I enter the car. For those of you with over 25K miles I ask... how's the leather holding up? I'm already starting to put my left hand between the seat and my butt when I get in so as to prevent excess wear.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E550 Cab
Move the seat back as far as possible, raise the steer wheel as high as it will go then save this in the 3 position memory.
When you exit the car press 3 then roll out like you're some kind of a gimp using both hands and the ground to contort yourself out without touching the side bolster? Either that or lose weight in the *** area?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
I'm about 15K miles, and still looks new. BUT, I'm very careful getting in and out.
Start with right foot in, forward near the brake, then use left hand on upper side bolster as brace, then sort of back into the seat supporting yourself between left hand and right foot. You can use right arm/elbow on the center box to support yourself until you get your fat *** all the way in. I know this sounds ridiculous, but like I said, seats still look new. BTW, this all depends on you taking care of the leather properly...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by AMG_G
Move the seat back as far as possible, raise the steer wheel as high as it will go then save this in the 3 position memory.
When you exit the car press 3 then roll out like you're some kind of a gimp using both hands and the ground to contort yourself out without touching the side bolster? Either that or lose weight in the *** area?
Ha! I don't have much there as it is. I guess my seat is just forward enough to be in the way. I like the suggestion of saving a seat setting that is all the way back and using that before I exit. I'd like to have he easy exit/entry feature that my Tahoe has wherein the seat slides back on key out and doesn't resume its position until key in. Mini gripes.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 PM

2014 E550 Cab
Originally Posted by HBC350
Ha! I don't have much there as it is. I guess my seat is just forward enough to be in the way. I like the suggestion of saving a seat setting that is all the way back and using that before I exit. I'd like to have he easy exit/entry feature that my Tahoe has wherein the seat slides back on key out and doesn't resume its position until key in. Mini gripes.
Yeah got the memory setting from some other users on here. Best solution I guess.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Get a dry cleaning bag and wrap the seat like your mom would when you were little and used to wet your bed.

Yeah it sucks. I try and try to get in and out carefully but sometimes its no use. The leather is thin Indeed...
Old 06-11-2010, 05:24 AM

C63
Go into the instrument cluster menus, I believe the Easy Entry/Exit option is under the Convenience sub-menu.

Trending Topics

Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
just gotta leanr to turn your hips - 10k miles and still like new

but like others said - im very careful and make a concious effort
Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E63s
I get in and out the same way I used to do it on the vette
Move your left leg out of the car and use the the frame of the car to push yourself up and away from the seat. Needs some practice but you will get it.
that way you wont damage the lower or upper part of the seat. 28K and still like new
Old 06-11-2010, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Even Money
I'm about 15K miles, and still looks new. BUT, I'm very careful getting in and out.
Start with right foot in, forward near the brake, then use left hand on upper side bolster as brace, then sort of back into the seat supporting yourself between left hand and right foot. You can use right arm/elbow on the center box to support yourself until you get your fat *** all the way in. I know this sounds ridiculous, but like I said, seats still look new. BTW, this all depends on you taking care of the leather properly...
I kind of ease myself into the seat while trying not to rub the side bolsters. When I exit, I pull myself forward and grap the overhead handle and kind of pull myself with minimal rubbing of the side bolsters. Or, you can do what bhamg did by buying a spare leather seat cover set. He bought it early to minimize dye lot differences.

Last edited by Sincity; 06-11-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Question

Originally Posted by Questions
Go into the instrument cluster menus, I believe the Easy Entry/Exit option is under the Convenience sub-menu.
It appears that in an '09 the easy entry/exit feature only applies to the lifting of the steering wheel.

Also, when selecting a saved memory position for the seats do you always have to hold the button down until the positioning is completed or is there a setting by which you can push the button once and let go and the seats continue their adjusting?
Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 433 Likes on 356 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
It appears that in an '09 the easy entry/exit feature only applies to the lifting of the steering wheel.
Seems to be the same for 2010. The steering wheel is in the uppermost position. The seat does not appear to move rearward.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 20 Porsche 911 (sold), 09 C63(sold), Vipers (sold)
This is correct and what I have done for the first 12K miles. Seats still look good, but am getting some slight wrinkles. Not sure how it will look at 30k....but am careful and hope that it will hold up well.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:25 PM

C63

Also, when selecting a saved memory position for the seats do you always have to hold the button down until the positioning is completed or is there a setting by which you can push the button once and let go and the seats continue their adjusting?
I know of no setting to change this, but compared to my old car, where you would push the button once and it would adjust itself, I'm glad that 1) you don't have to be fully stopped and 2) you don't have to be in Park to use your presets, like my old car required.

I think this is how they came to terms with allowing the adjustment to happen while the car is moving...

...imagine your significant other, a 5'0" lady, is the other preset. You're on the highway at 75 and hit her preset button, and the seat begins to crush you against the steering wheel and shove you into the pedals.

Or for her, she hits your preset and the seat slides her away from the car's steering wheel and pedals...

I bet the legal department was included in that decision.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Questions
I know of no setting to change this, but compared to my old car, where you would push the button once and it would adjust itself, I'm glad that 1) you don't have to be fully stopped and 2) you don't have to be in Park to use your presets, like my old car required.

I think this is how they came to terms with allowing the adjustment to happen while the car is moving...

...imagine your significant other, a 5'0" lady, is the other preset. You're on the highway at 75 and hit her preset button, and the seat begins to crush you against the steering wheel and shove you into the pedals.

Or for her, she hits your preset and the seat slides her away from the car's steering wheel and pedals...

I bet the legal department was included in that decision.
great point - wen my wife drives i cant even get one leg in the car much less drive

on a side note - the seat should recognize you based on the key like my rover did
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 PM

C63
Originally Posted by PatSC23
on a side note - the seat should recognize you based on the key like my rover did
That would be a great feature. I bet they reserve that for E class or S class...