C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear coat coming off on Euroteck diffuser.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
MAN UP AND REPLACE IT.

The least, THE LEAST they can do is say, ok, I will repair or replace once/ but these are the care instructions and our future warranty/return policy. Thats called stepping up to the plate. But to run and hide after an issue like this is weak.
Easier said than done.

So if the OP has had the piece for over a year and the car gets driven a lot through the normal driving condition (weather, UV rays, debris, etc..) and started peeling to just replace it? lol! If that's the case then why not just replace the unit everytime it peels for a lifetime?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by JamE55
Easier said than done.

So if the OP has had the piece for over a year and the car gets driven a lot through the normal driving condition (weather, UV rays, debris, etc..) and started peeling to just replace it? lol! If that's the case then why not just replace the unit everytime it peels for a lifetime?
No. Never said replace it everytime. Make good by doing it once for this customer, advise that it will be done this once, revamp your product and provide care instructions with each product and website, and gather info and research about how this happened so that the distributor can potentially prevent it. Keep a good name. Like I said, it wont break the bank for them to do a solid on this. Its just good old fashion "standing behind your product". I'm assuming you have their product. I am most certain if happened to yours you would be on the phone first thing asking about options. It's just human nature to call up the people we buy from if it breaks down in a short time.

1 year is not a long time at all. We both know clearcoat should and can take a beating. You can see where it is flaking-at the notorious and VERY common seam/joining area on the fin where it dips in. Paint and clearcoat are KNOWN to not attach well or conform in these areas.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Out Of Control!

No. Never said replace it everytime. Make good by doing it once for this customer, advise that it will be done this once, revamp your product and provide care instructions with each product and website, and gather info and research about how this happened so that the distributor can potentially prevent it. Keep a good name. Like I said, it wont break the bank for them to do a solid on this. Its just good old fashion "standing behind your product". I'm assuming you have their product. I am most certain if happened to yours you would be on the phone first thing asking about options. It's just human nature to call up the people we buy from if it breaks down in a short time.

1 year is not a long time at all. We both know clearcoat should and can take a beating. You can see where it is flaking-at the notorious and VERY common seam/joining area on the fin where it dips in. Paint and clearcoat are KNOWN to not attach well or conform in these areas.
I do have his product (CF W211 Airbox) and have had it for a long time. Don't see any peeling.

I get what you're saying but over a year of driving and who knows what the weather conditions are. You have to look at it from the distributors point as well. That's where Neal draw the line. Not all clearcoats are the same and what i meant by that is what the material they're attached to.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 PM

no more AMG
It blows my mind that a distributor, that probably makes these things streamlined at a dime a dozen, would not for the sake of their name, reputation and overall customer satisfaction not replace or fix this for the OP. MAN UP AND REPLACE IT.

The least, THE LEAST they can do is say, ok, I will repair or replace once/ but these are the care instructions and our future warranty/return policy. Thats called stepping up to the plate. But to run and hide after an issue like this is weak.

After market parts are a BIG BIG $$$$$$ business. It only takes once for a bad name to get out and it spreads like wildfire, then you will loose on future profits. Bite the bullet now and save your name.

I am not saying that the OP was not at fault necessarily, but it's up to the distributor to really makes things better. It really would not break financially for them to smooth things out.

1. Damage in 1 year? Crappy piece and product IMO
2. Chipping and flaking? Poor clear coat and prep IMO
3. Poor customer service? Bad business relationships IMO
4. Need to wax constantly? NO WAY. BS Any good clear coated product should not show those signs of damage I don't care how many times you wash it.

How often do we get something replaced by for example the Home Depot or service such as Tire Rack and we say to ourselves, MAN, I sure as hell will always go back there to shop!!

GOOD LUCK OP.
+1
Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Techinically, Euroteck could deny the warranty claim since the date has passed; even if the issues arisen earlier and the claim wasn't made. But there is something called "goodwill" and standing behind your product.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Not once did i say that i never waxed the parts and i said that i drive thru the car wash occasionally. You should be able to pressure wash any body part is common sense, if your selling parts for a car you should let people know that u cant pressure wash em.
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Amazing how there is always 2 sides to every story isn't it? All I do is laugh, and I also find it amusing the OP only writes what is convenient to make him sound good.

OP told me he drives his car threw auto car washes frequently, now all auto car washes are different, and a lot, especially in climates where it snows use HIGHLY powerful and sometimes toxic detergents to help strip off bugs, tar and road grime. This is a KNOWN issue, and this happens to many peoples aftermarket wheels very often and their clearcoat peels because the same issue.

Next the OP told me me NEVER waxed his CF part. CF parts have a clear coat on them and need to be cared for and waxed just like any other painted surface to protect them from the elements and from UV rays. Now our part ship to you totally 100% bare from our clearcoat facility and it then cleaned with any harsh soaps such as those found often in car washes, it totally slowly eats away at the clear coat and effects any of the weak points. Keep in mind, this does not happen after one, or 2, or 10 washes, this was a YEAR! keep reasing below.......

NEXT which confirmed this was not cared for and was conveniently left out of the OPs post was he said he often washes his car with a PRSSURE WASHER. This confirmed negligence, and I am sorry, but we do not pay for other peoples mistakes.

People that know me and Euroteck KNOW we do whatever it takes to makes things right, people who do not can assume whatever they would like. Please understand, there are 2 sides to every story, my business is to keep and make customers. However the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I would have been glad to replace his part if I felt this was a defect, however he purchased his item from us in May 2009, and after treating and caring for his part how he did, I am surprised he did not see this or other effects sooner. The 3 things he did or did not do to his part are the 3 things that are the WORST you can do.

I already got all the info I need from this, anything else the OP says he is changing his original story to try to get something done in his favor. I will say it nice and clear in the open. We will NOT replace the customers part after owning it for 1 year and treating it how he did. If the OP would like his part fixed, any decent body shop can re clearcoat that part and if he cares for it correctly in the future, he would not see that happen.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Sincity
Agreed that there are 2 sides to every issue. As far as waxing is concerned, that protects the surface. This issue is sub-surface. Notice how it is milky? The clear coat is being released/detached from the CF/resin. Respectively to Neal and Euroteck, I am not buying the car wash theory and using a pressure washer. I have an old 190e that is 24 years old and hasn't had a coat of wax in over a year. I regularly pressure wash (1400 psi) it at home and none of the clear coat has peeled. As a matter of fact, both sides have been repainted by a body shop 12 years ago after someone keyed both sides. The clear coat is holding. I did have a set of Lorinser wheels that I refurbished in which I sprayed it with Wurth wheel paint and had a body shop clear coat it. Now, the body shop didn't clean/prep one of the wheels properly and when I hit it with the pressure washer, it lifted a small portion of the clear coat. If the clear coat on the diffuser is that delicate and needs hand washing, that is a real PITA. However, I do agree that the customer is not always right. It is how you handle the situation and try to make it a win-win for all.

To OP: Get a second opinion from a body shop to see if it is a prep issue, lack of care issue, or car wash issue. Then post the results here on the forum. If they benefit you, post the name, number, and shop for Euroteck or any member to verify. If it doesn't, post anyway to preserve your integrity here on the forum.

Has Euroteck offered to have the piece sent in for inspection?

Absolutely 100% incorrect! First off the clear coat is not milky! that is what carbon fiber looks like underneath clear coat! It is dull!, and a camera flash makes it more known. All our parts look like matte before we clear coat them gloss of course and I am glad to see it dull under there because that means it was sanded down and prepped in that crevasse! Otherwise when they come out of the mould they still have a gloss to them, once they are sanded and prepped they become dull/matte until hit with clear coat.

Also waxing DOES protect the surface, and by not waxing something it eats away at the surface till eventually the clear coat thins to nothing. Also, your 190E is a bad example, although you may not treat it like it a show car, you said you did not wax it in over a year. That is very different then NEVER waxing it at all, I bet if that car never had one single coat of wax in 20 years or since new it would be a different story. At least your paint has some protection and has been treated rather then never.

You all need to understand that if the customer would have said he waxed his part before at least once in its lifetime, washes his car him self with zaino, meguairs or anything other then crappy solutions dish washing soap, this would have been a whole different story!

If people are scared to hear the truth from a customer trying to blame his negligence on us, and still want us to pay then it seems you are all in dreamland, NO OTHER company would handle this differently. I have sent free replacement parts to customers many times, even after the 1 year warranty for parts that I felt were worthy. But paying for someone else's mistakes? NO WAY! Sorry if the truth hurts so bad.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Dios
Not once did i say that i never waxed the parts and i said that i drive thru the car wash occasionally. You should be able to pressure wash any body part is common sense, if your selling parts for a car you should let people know that u cant pressure wash em.
Ahh! just as expected. Now your saying you waxed them? What kind of wax did you use? and maybe you missed a spot where it peeled? And trust me, it is NOT the pressure washing ALONE that caused this, if only it was ONLY pressure washed with no low end detergents you would have been better off!
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Sincity
Techinically, Euroteck could deny the warranty claim since the date has passed; even if the issues arisen earlier and the claim wasn't made. But there is something called "goodwill" and standing behind your product.
Thank you. Thats the word that I was looking for. Pure and simple "GOODWILL".

C63
One question over our emails did i once say that i never waxed the diffuser??? i ony said that i take it thru car washs
Absolutely 100% incorrect! First off the clear coat is not milky! that is what carbon fiber looks like underneath clear coat! It is dull!, and a camera flash makes it more known. All our parts look like matte before we clear coat them gloss of course and I am glad to see it dull under there because that means it was sanded down and prepped in that crevasse! Otherwise when they come out of the mould they still have a gloss to them, once they are sanded and prepped they become dull/matte until hit with clear coat.

Also waxing DOES protect the surface, and by not waxing something it eats away at the surface till eventually the clear coat thins to nothing. Also, your 190E is a bad example, although you may not treat it like it a show car, you said you did not wax it in over a year. That is very different then NEVER waxing it at all, I bet if that car never had one single coat of wax in 20 years or since new it would be a different story. At least your paint has some protection and has been treated rather then never.

You all need to understand that if the customer would have said he waxed his part before at least once in its lifetime, washes his car him self with zaino, meguairs or anything other then crappy solutions dish washing soap, this would have been a whole different story!

If people are scared to hear the truth from a customer trying to blame his negligence on us, and still want us to pay then it seems you are all in dreamland, NO OTHER company would handle this differently. I have sent free replacement parts to customers many times, even after the 1 year warranty for parts that I felt were worthy. But paying for someone else's mistakes? NO WAY! Sorry if the truth hurts so bad.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 PM

C204, W209, W164
Some people are honestly brainless and completely stupid. If you don't believe that you need to wax carbon fiber, just as you do with the paint of your vehicle in order to maintain the clear coat, then you've obviously never owned genuine carbon fiber accessories or simply aren't educated enough to know so. Djovovic63, for instance, sounds like the biggest douche I've yet to come across on this forum. I don't understand how 'venting' YOUR feelings, a person that's never had any affiliations with Euroteck or any carbon fiber for that matter, has any worthiness in creating a post. You act as if everything you buy, must always be perfect, and if it happens to be like that, by all means. Although, when you completely admit to performing actions such as not waxing, power washing, etc., ESPECIALLY with carbon fiber, well I think you've solved your own problem.

There's no real way to pin point what exactly contributed to this ordeal. Although, simply going off of how the OP takes care of his vehicle, I think it's safe to assume that this was not a manufacturing defect. In a business point of view, Euroteck has done the right thing. This could also vary though based on any warranties they may offer.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 PM

C63
Your a dumbass, i have waxed the product!! But i still beleive that the clear coat should not come off in less than a yr waxed or un-waxed, i received the products august of last yr.
Originally Posted by Infamouz
Some people are honestly brainless and completely stupid. If you don't believe that you need to wax carbon fiber, just as you do with the paint of your vehicle in order to maintain the clear coat, then you've obviously never owned genuine carbon fiber accessories or simply aren't educated enough to know so. Djovovic63, for instance, sounds like the biggest douche I've yet to come across on this forum. I don't understand how 'venting' YOUR feelings, a person that's never had any affiliations with Euroteck or any carbon fiber for that matter, has any worthiness in creating a post. You act as if everything you buy, must always be perfect, and if it happens to be like that, by all means. Although, when you completely admit to performing actions such as not waxing, power washing, etc., ESPECIALLY with carbon fiber, well I think you've solved your own problem.

There's no real way to pin point what exactly contributed to this ordeal. Although, simply going off of how the OP takes care of his vehicle, I think it's safe to assume that this was not a manufacturing defect. In a business point of view, Euroteck has done the right thing. This could also vary though based on any warranties they may offer.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM

C204, W209, W164
Well, dumbass, I'm posting based on assumptions and speculation from what I just read. How come blackc230 stated you had said you haven't waxed it? What you believe, and what will happen is two different things. Any car paint or carbon fiber without wax or gel sealents will obviously lose it's clearcoat over time. Whether that visual effect is present in a couple days or couple months, time is irrelevant, it will still happen.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Your a dumbass, i have waxed the product!! But i still beleive that the clear coat should not come off in less than a yr waxed or un-waxed, i received the products august of last yr.
NO WHERE IN ANY ONE OF THE EMAILS DID YOU SAY YOU WAXED IT! WE CAN POST ALL EMAILS HERE IF YOU WANT! I asked you several times have you waxed it? and what did you say? somehow now that you see maybe you should have are you now saying you did! So what was did you use? It sounds like you never even waxed anything before in your life.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
oh and the "spray hot wax" at the gas station does not count as waxing FYI!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 PM

C63
I knew this would turn into a he said she said thing, but really all I wanted is to let people know my side of the story, I have owned genuine carbon fiber parts before and I have never had this problem before, and the front lip that I got from euroteck is in good condition. I personally believe that something happened during the manufacturing process, Euroteck does not want to own up to this, that is fine I will take my future business else where and let people know what happened to my diffuser and warn them not to purchase anything from there. Neal has said they won’t do anything, I will man up and pay a local body shop to fix it money is not the issue, reputation is. In my business thats all I have is my reputation, if something is incorrect I fix it. Just a different way of running a business.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 PM

C63
NO WHERE IN ANY ONE OF THE EMAILS DID YOU SAY YOU WAXED IT! WE CAN POST ALL EMAILS HERE IF YOU WANT! I asked you several times have you waxed it? and what did you say? somehow now that you see maybe you should have are you now saying you did! So what was did you use? It sounds like you never even waxed anything before in your life.
Not sure what type of wax he used i got my car detailed and waxed twice with the carbon products on. Post the emails i have nothing to hide.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I knew this would turn into a he said she said thing, but really all I wanted is to let people know my side of the story, I have owned genuine carbon fiber parts before and I have never had this problem before, and the front lip that I got from euroteck is in good condition. I personally believe that something happened during the manufacturing process, Euroteck does not want to own up to this, that is fine I will take my future business else where and let people know what happened to my diffuser and warn them not to purchase anything from there. Neal has said they won’t do anything, I will man up and pay a local body shop to fix it money is not the issue, reputation is. In my business thats all I have is my reputation, if something is incorrect I fix it. Just a different way of running a business.
Best of luck to you! and keep in mind you may want to frequent the Detailing forum he to learn how very good tips on how to care for your vehicle. I am still wondering what wax you use????
Old 07-16-2010, 01:26 PM

C204, W209, W164
If something is 'incorrect' because of the customers fault, I don't see why the business would need to compensate for your mistake. You really do make it sound like it is a money issue, and you're just going to ***** about Euroteck whenever possible because you won't admit your fault. You're blaming them for a manufacturing defect, but again, based on how you take care of your products from what has been said, the only thing that's incorrect, is you.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Not sure what type of wax he used i got my car detailed and waxed twice with the carbon products on. Post the emails i have nothing to hide.
So let me ask again? you did not oringally tell me you had your parts waxed because??????????????? You felt that is a bad thing and decided NOT to tell me that when i asked if you ever had the parts waxed??????? Maybe your "detailer" did indeed wax your car WITH the parts on but did not wax the parts?

(oh and if you think I will believe that now then....)

Last edited by BlackC230Coupe; 07-16-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I will get my diffuser sprayed with a more protective clear coat before I put it on. That said, one year is too soon, wax or no wax, to have a problem like this pop up. IMHO.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM

C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by bhamg
I will get my diffuser sprayed with a more protective clear coat before I put it on. That said, one year is too soon, wax or no wax, to have a problem like this pop up. IMHO.
How do you figure? With such acidic environments in today's world... I wouldn't be surprised if it happened earlier. I'd love to see you drive around, go through those pathetic gas station car washes, and power wash your car, all without wax, and see how long you last. He's lucky to have made it this far if you ask me..
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by bhamg
Why? That will do absolutely nothing? Making it very thick with clear won't help. Why do you feel this will happen to you? because one person did not maintain his car well? you do understand, it does not matter how long it is, if you maintain something poor, you will not get life out of it. Just like your health. if you wanted to have real protection from anything, have it clear filmed.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamouz
How do you figure? With such acidic environments in today's world... I wouldn't be surprised if it happened earlier. I'd love to see you drive around, go through those pathetic gas station car washes, and power wash your car, all without wax, and see how long you last. He's lucky to have made it this far if you ask me..
Look at it this way.....how many people wax their wheels? Wheels take a lot of abuse from heat transfer, brake dust, road grime, etc........Yet they remain shiny. Even after pressure washing and going through many car washes.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
OK, now my gloves are off. First of all I am a customer, not the f'ing moron you seem to think I am based on the tone of your reply. So F you, you just lost customer #2. If additional clear coat won't help, pray tell kind sir, what will? Flame away, I am done with you and your company.

Last edited by bhamg; 07-16-2010 at 01:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear coat coming off on Euroteck diffuser.