C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meisterschaft or custom exhaust that is the questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG (P31)
Exclamation Meisterschaft or custom exhaust that is the questions!

Hello! Just a quick question to you members with experience with aftermarket exhausts. I've been in the market for an aftermarket exhaust for a while now but my preference seems to change everyday haha. I'm contemplating between a Meisterschaft exhaust or going to an exhaust shop and building a complete exhaust system.

If I go with the custom, I'm definitly sure about deleting the resonator but wasn't quite sure about deleting the secondary cats. Will this trigger an engine light? Will I pass emissions? I just have way too many questions haha
I just need some suggestions and writeups about your setup and how you like it. Much would help.
Thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I wouldn't mess with the meisterschaft exhaust. With the money your spending on the miesterschaft you can build a really nice custom exhaust for your C63.
I removed the resonators and replaced them with straight pipes. my primary and secondary cats are still on. I love the sound of it and there is absolutely no drone at all. Here are the links, if you would like to hear what it sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1IjtkOabeM
Cold start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMPWEjW4s0
Warmed up
Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Why replace your OEM Eisenmann with a Meisterschaft exhaust (essentially a fake rip-off of Eisenmann or Kreissieg or whoever they're scamming these days)? Long tube headers and remove the secondary cats is as far as I would go.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:27 PM

E92 M3 & IS350
^ Agreed
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
What aftermarket exhaust would people get? or would you just stick with stock?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Can I ask as a side note, what the hell happened to that 63 in your sig?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 AM

C63 AMG (P31)
Thanks for your suggestions.

Epic heart break when that happened! So the story is, theres a lot of road work going on here in the D.C. metropolitan area. I was driving back home from the airport when I ran over several debris that were left out on the beltway from construction work. I remember seeing the bottom rubber part of the huge construction cones and other crap on the very left lane that I was on. Somehow somthing on the road was able to rip my right tire almost completely apart from the wheels. I ended up hitting a concrete barrier on my left going 65mph ~ 75mph. I had a bad feeling that night when I realized once again that I had no thread what so ever in the rears. I've replaced them rear tires 3 times already ever since I got the car!! But I love the car so its bearable. Anyways, Mercedes came and towed the car and my friend came to pick me up. I was totally fine. Not even a bruise. Well exept for a broken heart after seeing the beaitiful thing torn apart. The car looks like its been attacked by a tiger or somthing haha. I havn't seen my car ever since and its been somthing like 50+ days. Nothing mechanically damaged but mostly artificial and the wheels and suspensions. I ordered some new wheels for the car from 360 forged. Carbon face with paint matched inner and outer barrels. Once i get it back I'll post up some pictures long story haha
Old 07-23-2010, 02:29 PM

C63 AMG
meistercraft is a rip off don't waste ur money