Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autox'd the C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
of course it's VCMC...i'm still the poster boi for KSC even tho I barely take that car out anymore.

Mission is a big go-kart track...I would never try the C63 there.

-H

Originally Posted by Jeffield
I m thinking you went to the VCMC auto cross days?

This car is really fun on the track but not as good on our local track because it's hard on the brakes and we dot get enough speed as well!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog
Ok,

So I'm not the best driver out there but I have been chasing cones for a while now. I took the car out for the second time to an autox this past weekend. I gotta say this car really disappointed me in this environment. While I reallly love the way the car behaves on the road (way more fun than, say, an E92 M3) it felt really horrible in a quick-transient venue.

Understeer was way worse than I can imagine...I tried to brake as earlier as I can and go in slow and smooth but it either crawls threw or does mid-corner plows. The girth really shows on this thing...braking/turning...just not there.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure I completely disabled the ESP (set to OFF, not SPORT). Does it still intervene if I leave it in S mode? Or do I have to go straight to M? I felt it cutting on WOT and a bit on turns.

I'm not trying to bag on the car since I still love it for the other 99.9% of the time but definitely brought a knife to a gunfight.

Anyone else try to autox their C63?

Cheers,
-H
Perhaps you haven't watched the Top Gear w/the C63, M3, S4 comparo. The C63 is a heavy TANK that is an awesome cruiser and the absolute WRONG car to auto-x on a track. It pushes, sways and generally fights you the entire way...but it works great for smoky burnouts and sideways drifts!!