Speedshift Plus Sucks. Or Does It?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by emericr
cyberorth: I am fully aware of the hold the paddle but it still goes down one by one. It is painfully slow. While you hold the paddle, you can hear the engine go down and rev up on every gear.
I apologize. I didn't mean disrespect.
I do not experience this phenomenon as you describe though. It skips gears all the way to the lowest 'safe' gear.

Anyone else care to confirm either situations?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
My car seems to go straight to the selected gear - any hesitation is very momentary. Certainly not like the transmission is going through the gears. This is the case whether I pull and hold the downshift paddle or just mash the throttle to the floor.

My chief complaint with the transmission is that if I want to go down two gears (say, from 5th to 3rd), I have to pull the downshift paddle, wait a second and then pull it again. I wish it would just go to 3rd if I pull the paddle twice in quick succession. If I pull and hold the paddle, it would go straight to 2nd.

I like the transmission overall, but find that there is too much of a difference between "C" and "S" -- I would like a "C" that started in 1st. And as others have suggested, I wish it had an "annihilate" button.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by ATL_MB
My car seems to go straight to the selected gear - any hesitation is very momentary. Certainly not like the transmission is going through the gears. This is the case whether I pull and hold the downshift paddle or just mash the throttle to the floor.

My chief complaint with the transmission is that if I want to go down two gears (say, from 5th to 3rd), I have to pull the downshift paddle, wait a second and then pull it again. I wish it would just go to 3rd if I pull the paddle twice in quick succession. If I pull and hold the paddle, it would go straight to 2nd.

I like the transmission overall, but find that there is too much of a difference between "C" and "S" -- I would like a "C" that started in 1st. And as others have suggested, I wish it had an "annihilate" button.
There is a trick for that: When in C and stopped paddle left and it shifts from 2 to 1. Once you shift up you need to reset to full auto.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
Originally Posted by cyberorth
There is a trick for that: When in C and stopped paddle left and it shifts from 2 to 1. Once you shift up you need to reset to full auto.
Yeah, I know. But it kinda defeats the purpose of auto (80% of my driving is in town, stoplight to stoplight).