c63< s4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by chubbs032
No, I wasn't referring to the 3.X, but "T" which I thought was the point of Zephyr's comment unless I'm thinking to hard.

It's a supercharged engine, why 3.X "T", my mother didn't know or care when I asked.
Don't bother trying to make sense of things like this. You'll keep your sanity longer.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335i, 899, 750li, the titanic
Originally Posted by bluejae
i think the main point is something that's a little more comparable. IMO the cts-v would be more comparable with the c63 than an s4. and like others have said, the rs4 or rs6 whatever. but i doubt any car maker can fit in there like you said.

it wouldn't make sense to stick in Kia for the car maker... and then the kia bashing will begin... mostly because it just doesn't make sense.

and it probably wouldn't make sense to stick in Bentley for the comparison either...
so a RS4 is comparable to a C63, but an b8 s4 isnt?

you realize in performance the rs4 is equal to the new s4 right? again, you wanna rethink this?

Originally Posted by chubbs032
I just looked it up - T = TFSI Turbo Fueled Stratified Injection
yeah idk, i mean i drive 2.0t apperantely...... so who knows really

Originally Posted by Palladin
No re-think needed, it was just my opinion. I'm not a fan, you are, so buy one. Just don't let your doctor husband drive it cause he won't like it that much.
what the **** are you on?

you stated what you passed off as a fact. that a b8 s4 is slower than e46 m3.

that fact of yours is wrong.

Last edited by tipsyhemi; 08-04-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
The new S4 is a great car and I am considering getting one but only to replace the C55. I share the same sentiment as most of the members, it is not in the same league as the C63.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 PM

I had an RS4 prior to the C63. Audi's are great, however you should know:

1 - The new FSI engines (including the B8 S4 which has a TFSI supercharged engine) have carbon buildup issues. ALL OF THEM. there is no work around at this point. It's not a question of if it will happen to your car. Just a matter of when.

2 - Audi service is PATHETIC. Audi honestly doesn't give a rats *** about the issues (DRC, Carbon buildup). It's taken them years on the RS6 to cough up the recall money, and it took about 3 years on the RS4 to do the same.

3 - As much as I love quattro, the S4's really don't handle as well as the C63. Sure they have superior traction in rain/snow, but I much prefer the balance of the C63 over the RS4

4 - Audis are comparitively underpowered to AMG and M. The really cool cars like the RS6 V10TT don't make it to North America.

5 - Audi is consistently 1 generation behind AMG and M. Their product life cycle is always "catch up" rather than the touted Vorsprung Durch Technik
Old 08-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
‘17 GT F1A E85 Monster ‘16 C63s
wow! this thread blew up since last night. if you read my op youd realize im not knocking the c, but exploring other options. there arent too many c's around currently and the ones that are sit @ 70k before tax! my evo is staying and has a new cbrd turbo going on as soon as it drops which will bump power to 525+whp (600+ dynojet) on a mustang dyno. the new car will be a "family" car and we (me & wifey) have a new baby due in 2-3 weeks and she needs out of her 2 door. she also feels a bit timid with the c63 and cts-v (which were the other options). if i want stupid fast, ill drive the evo. if i want comfort without a clutch, id smash the s.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT
wow! this thread blew up since last night. if you read my op youd realize im not knocking the c, but exploring other options. there arent too many c's around currently and the ones that are sit @ 70k before tax! my evo is staying and has a new cbrd turbo going on as soon as it drops which will bump power to 525+whp (600+ dynojet) on a mustang dyno. the new car will be a "family" car and we (me & wifey) have a new baby due in 2-3 weeks and she needs out of her 2 door. she also feels a bit timid with the c63 and cts-v (which were the other options). if i want stupid fast, ill drive the evo. if i want comfort without a clutch, id smash the s.
Then go for the S4 if u like it more.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 PM

So what does the title of your post mean C63<S4????
Of course you are knocking the C63. You're saying the S4 is greater than the C63
Don't be a @ussy about it. Stand up for what you believe in and fight for it!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Audi S4, Mercedes Benz C350 4Matic
I own a B7 S4 and I work at MB dealership. I can tell you there is NO WAY S4> C63. I understand B8 S4 hp is under-rated and it is as fast as the B7 RS4, but B7 RS4 is the slowest among C63 and M3.

Interior wise, I have to agree with OP, S4 interior may be nicer than C63, but keep in mind B8 S4 is a newer car, so it is common to see that kind of competition in car industry.

I would say it depends on what you are looking for in a car, Audi B8 S4 is a nice car, but you are definitely not comparing apple to apple here.

One thing I got to say is modding a B8 S4 will be A LOT cheaper than modding a C63 AMG, and it probably has a lot more potenital for tuning since it has a supercharger.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM

some people just dont understand...the c63 is not the fastest car around. if i wanted the fastest v8 production vehicle id buy the cts-v. im having a baby and the c's back seat is tight. it gets 18mpg and aftermarket parts prices are recockulious. new car will be mostly for the wifey...not me. all cars we looked at are "luxury sports cars" not race cars...i already own a racecar. thanks for the positve comments. i <3 fanboys
Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
some people just dont understand...the c63 is not the fastest car around. if i wanted the fastest v8 production vehicle id buy the cts-v. im having a baby and the c's back seat is tight. it gets 18mpg and aftermarket parts prices are recockulious. new car will be mostly for the wifey...not me. all cars we looked at are "luxury sports cars" not race cars...i already own a racecar. thanks for the positve comments. i <3 fanboys
You shouldn't even bother with the S4, if it's the missus who'll be driving it most. Maybe a Q5 would be an even better fit, if you're adamant about getting an Audi. It now comes with a 2-litre turbo, if you're also thinking about saving the environment.

Just some food for thought.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 PM

C63
I agree with SebringSilver. If the car is going to the wifey, it's in your best interest to get something that is easier to maintain than an Audi. BMW, MB and Lexus come to mind.Easy to service. In the end a happy wife makes a happy husband.

FWIW, I had an '07 2.0T Audi A3 for 3 years and I was in for 4 separate TSB recalls. Diverter valve, ECU software update, PCV fix, and broken engine fan sensor (fan not stop running even with the car off). Don't get me wrong, I loved the A3 and I'm still a big Audi fan. But having been an Audi and MB owner, the customer appreciation and attention given by MB vs. Audi is pretty clear. There's a reason why MB has one of the highest customer retention rates in the business.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:27 PM

thanx for the info and thoughts! it will be for her mostly m-f and us on the weekend/nightime, but i want to be able to drive it and not be disappointed when i stab the gas. i am still considering the benz...
Old 08-05-2010, 12:28 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
They're aimed at a different buyer profile. You'd have to be an exceptionally broad-minded, intelligent, learned, eloquent, humble, and quite possibly dashingly handsome individual to truly appreciate both cars.

Originally Posted by Sincity
Like yourself???

Why do you think he is getting rid of the car? he is falling off that criteria!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:57 AM

2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by BEEPbeepZIPtang
I test drove a 2010 loaded s4 this weekend. It might be the best bang for your buck Audi has ever made...just as good as the 07-08 RS4? No, but pretty close. Either way, it’s not saying much.

The main problem I had was it felt like you were driving a really fast golf cart with all wheel drive. They engine is lighter than previous models and pushed back a few inches to help balance the car but even with the 60/40 split it didn't feel exceptionally grounded or gave me any confidence that I can take "that" exit at 80mph and not end up in a ditch.

How could you handle that steering? It's so, so, so light. There is just no feel. Same with the gas. Zero feedback, zero resistance. I thought it felt slower than the e46 M3 which also made 333hp but without the SC. Didn't matter because you couldn't hear or really feel the SC anyway. Too quiet.

As I was going through the gears I remember thinking that I was driving a semi quick car that felt like it was engineered and designed for my mother...maybe it was. However, I do agree with the OP regarding the tranny. The shifts were quick, smooth and seamless. I also agree somewhat with it having a nice interior. I thought the dash was engaging. I didn't spend any time playing with the bells and whistles because, quite frankly, I knew after 3 mins of driving, the car wasn't for me.

Obviously this goes without saying but...IN NO WAY does this car match up to the C63 or M...or even the 335 in my book. It is still an Audi...the dash will look like a Christmas tree 75% of the time regardless of its warranty. Debadge it and you might lose it in the plethora of other identical Audi's with you on any given road. No flavor!
I will be honest with you, you might be right....the s4 might not be the car that you can take at 80mph around a turn, but i sure do know that the new options in that car, the "bells and whistles" really makes it different. The new sports differential with the audi drive select package apparently really turns this s4 into a completely different car handling wise. Steering feels a little tighter and with the new rear diff according to many car magazines that have tested it out say it feels like a "rear wheel drive car". Dont quote me on that though. Im just saying that those bells and whistles that you hadn't tried out could have changed your mind. Maybe Audi should have had those options standard. I love my c63, and i completely agree that these two cars dont compare at all, but it is still a great car.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:26 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
so i was dead set on picking up a c63, but have changed my mind. i went and looked/drove a '10 s4 this weekend and am sold on it! the interior and features are great on the fully loaded "prestige" model. power checks in @ 333bhp 325tq, but it feels a bit quicker than that. transmission is the most significant feature on this car! ultra quick twin cluth shifts that are racecar like and instant...2 thenths of a second between shifts to be exact. waiting for the '11 to arrive so there still is time to change my mind, but idk its pretty gangster and 10k less than a benz
I actually can not believe you went for an s4 hahhahahhaha I wouldnt take an rs4 over c63 ...never ever. It s not even close to c63. It is actually 100000 miles away from c63. agrh s4???hahhahah sorry i got to laugh u just dont have much taste imho. Why not at least S5?

Last edited by Djovovic63; 08-05-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM

w204
Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000006730 StartFragment:0000002696 EndFragment:0000006694
Originally Posted by Chris420
I will be honest with you, you might be right....the s4 might not be the car that you can take at 80mph around a turn, but i sure do know that the new options in that car, the "bells and whistles" really makes it different. The new sports differential with the audi drive select package apparently really turns this s4 into a completely different car handling wise. Steering feels a little tighter and with the new rear diff according to many car magazines that have tested it out say it feels like a "rear wheel drive car". Dont quote me on that though. Im just saying that those bells and whistles that you hadn't tried out could have changed your mind. Maybe Audi should have had those options standard. I love my c63, and i completely agree that these two cars dont compare at all, but it is still a great car. [IMG]file:///Users/zacharysmith/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
We can all read car magazines and their hap hazard reviews.

Like I said, I drove a loaded s4 with every available pkg. The "dynamic handling" or whatever Audi calls it, pkg is a joke. When I said that I didn't play with any of the bells and whistles, I meant I didn't bother seeing how long it took to figure out the duel climate controls or play with the nav. The parking brake I thought was cool as its a push button thing...kinda like a push button start.

All and all the drive/feel of the car was not for me. And anyone coming off an M or AMG, probably not for them either. I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth here, just an observation that I'd wager on to be true.

Again, a really fast golf cart. It's was/is supposed to be one of Audi's best handling cars ever (at that price point) without compromising gobs of performance. Its compromises big time and, I feel, completely loses the driver's interaction with the road. Granted I wasn't on a track but I was able to do some pretty good twisties, dig acceleration, and 40, 60 rolls. I'm not saying the car sucked...it didn't, but nothing about it made me want to buy it. If I was 19 and my dad was going to give it to me (my dad never bought me a new car) I'd take it...but with what's out there now and it being my hard earned doe, the Audi is at the bottom of the list. This is with out the undoubted reassurance that the valves (among other things) will be so polluted after a few months that it's destine to be shopified...just like I'm destine to never purchase it.

If I had a wife to buy a car for and I was a bad consumer who didn't know much, I'd probably be all over it...but I don't, I'm not and I won't. I can't comment on Audi's service...I've never owned one. But I do have a lot of friends that have...modded and bone stock. Let's just say I was giving them rides back and forth to the garage a lot more than they were me.

Like anything else, if its the car for you, the right deal comes along or your just in a position that it works for you at the moment...buy it. Its still a very nice car. It would be a lot of fun to mod but my opinion would stand...there are many other roads I'd travel before going down the 2010 s4 route.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
if i wanted the fastest v8 production vehicle id buy the cts-v
lol wut
Old 08-05-2010, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
so a RS4 is comparable to a C63, but an b8 s4 isnt?

you realize in performance the rs4 is equal to the new s4 right? again, you wanna rethink this?
maybe just a little, but maybe you should reread "everything" i wrote and rethink your last statement as well. since my points were still valid.

i will admit i don't know anything about the "new" S4 except for the things that have been said on this thread. so if it's faster than the RS4, then that's awesome. but if you read my post, you may have noticed that i mentioned the rs4 because it was brought up by others. and another reason i mentioned even the rs4 was because it was used in a comparison test on top gear. and i think at that time, there was no such thing as the "new" S4 you're speaking of now.

anyway, the whole point of my post was to say that not any manufacturer can be placed in that equation of yours when bashing on another car. nice sidestep though.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I dont feel you get any sort of exclusivity from an s4 - for me ive always like m3's and the c63 because of how they are differentiated with their base counterparts. It just seems like Audi doesnt do anything more aesthetically other than dropping a ground effects package on an a4 and tweaking some other stuff. I cant speak to the performance bc Ive never driven one.

I did have a deposit on the previous rs4 but opted for the supercharged RRS instead when i saw the price tag. Ill give it to audi though, noone can touch their interiors.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:39 PM

future W204 owner
interesting topic because i am on my car search and C63, M3 and S4 are top contenders. I like the S4 as well and as OP stated you can get a 400+ hp beast for 10 grand more. Call me dumb but one big thing that has the C63 edging out over the other 2 cars are that i have only seen 1 and it was at a dealership, i have never seen one on the road.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
The C63 isn't the fastest but is sure kicks the S4's ***, which is the comparison that YOU originally posted. So basically, you fail. Who gives a crap about your riced out EVO being faster than the C63, it still doesn't make the S4 better than the C63. Ha, ha, ha. FAIL!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by bluejae
maybe just a little, but maybe you should reread "everything" i wrote and rethink your last statement as well. since my points were still valid.

i will admit i don't know anything about the "new" S4 except for the things that have been said on this thread. so if it's faster than the RS4, then that's awesome. but if you read my post, you may have noticed that i mentioned the rs4 because it was brought up by others. and another reason i mentioned even the rs4 was because it was used in a comparison test on top gear. and i think at that time, there was no such thing as the "new" S4 you're speaking of now.

anyway, the whole point of my post was to say that not any manufacturer can be placed in that equation of yours when bashing on another car. nice sidestep though.
so you know nothing about the "new" s4?

but what you know about the RS4 is that people think of it?

what ****ing side step? people on a car forum are protective of their marques, but come on, dont ignorantly and arrogantly post. you have no merit, understanding, or knowledge, but you hate something based off of the opinions of others??

theres a word for that
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by norb
The C63 isn't the fastest but is sure kicks the S4's ***, which is the comparison that YOU originally posted. So basically, you fail. Who gives a crap about your riced out EVO being faster than the C63, it still doesn't make the S4 better than the C63. Ha, ha, ha. FAIL!
so a c63 being faster than a b8 s4 is win?

but an evo being faster than a c63 is fail?

you realize that people purchase a vehicle over something a little bit more profound and important than "faster" or not.

no sir, it is you and your logic that is fail.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
This thread is worthless for anything other than mild entertainment value. The entire premise of the thread topic is antagonistic... seriously, who posts a "Y>X" thread in "X's" subforum unless they're just trolling for attention?

The 2010+ S4 is a beautiful sports sedan, and is regularly held in high regard vs. "the usual suspects" it's cross-shopped against, the 335i and the C350. IMHO, those are its most direct competitors... and valid reasons exist for prefering one over another. I disagree with some here that Audi doesn't differentiate the S models; the chrome trim in the grille and satin silver mirrors are pretty easy to spot, and I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that the S-line A models don't get those appointments.

Audi is pretty clear that they do NOT target the C-AMG or M3 with the S4, but they do with the RS4. Maybe we'll get a 2011 or 2012 B8 RS4, IDK... but it'll be interesting to see.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
so a c63 being faster than a b8 s4 is win?

but an evo being faster than a c63 is fail?

you realize that people purchase a vehicle over something a little bit more profound and important than "faster" or not.

no sir, it is you and your logic that is fail.
And you can mod a c63 to be faster than an Evo so yes, fail. The OP is fail.

And so do you since you can't seem to understand english nor the shift key.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c63< s4