C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine light at full throttle. WTF.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63 AMG (Upsolute tuned),00 Porsche GT3 Mk1 , 08 Audi Q7 S-Line 3.0 TDI
Check Engine light at full throttle. WTF.

Hi guys,

First of all, my apologies if this topic has been discussed in previous posts but I felt it was something urgent that I had to post right away. My car was tuned by Upsolute recently and I wanted to check the power on a straight line. I was on S mode, with ESP sport on and cruising at 40mph. I stepped on the gas, full throttle until I reached about 150mph. During this time, the yellow check engine warning light suddenly appeared. WHAT JUST HAPPENED??? I hope it was nothing serious, I switched off the engine and switched it on again and the warning light is still there. Hope you guys can shed light on this problem before I bring it to the shop. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
How can we know without telling us if anything happened (went wrong) or a code? Take it to the dealer.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by smaderazo
Hi guys,

First of all, my apologies if this topic has been discussed in previous posts but I felt it was something urgent that I had to post right away. My car was tuned by Upsolute recently and I wanted to check the power on a straight line. I was on S mode, with ESP sport on and cruising at 40mph. I stepped on the gas, full throttle until I reached about 150mph. During this time, the yellow check engine warning light suddenly appeared. WHAT JUST HAPPENED??? I hope it was nothing serious, I switched off the engine and switched it on again and the warning light is still there. Hope you guys can shed light on this problem before I bring it to the shop. Thank you in advance.
Most likely purge value. But no way to know. Let us know after you bring it to the dealer.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Or, if you're concerned about taking it to the dealer, go buy an inexpensive OBDii code reader, and read out the CEL code yourself. Look up the code online and see what it says - if relatively benign, just clear the code (the code reader likely can do this for you) and see if it happens again. If so, it's either an issue with the tune, or with the car.

Either way, no one can give you much insight without knowing what the "catch-all" CEL trouble light is on for. Best of luck; keep us posted.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
What is mileage on car? and is this the very first WOT run post tune?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 PM

996tt Protomotive, C63
+1. Check the code first. It will narrow down what to look. GL.
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Or, if you're concerned about taking it to the dealer, go buy an inexpensive OBDii code reader, and read out the CEL code yourself. Look up the code online and see what it says - if relatively benign, just clear the code (the code reader likely can do this for you) and see if it happens again. If so, it's either an issue with the tune, or with the car.

Either way, no one can give you much insight without knowing what the "catch-all" CEL trouble light is on for. Best of luck; keep us posted.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Its probably the tune..
Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by propain
Most likely purge value. But no way to know. Let us know after you bring it to the dealer.

Hi, my apologies for the late response. Just brought my car to the shop again and these are the findings: error code 1085, major leak in purge system/ hose in system not connected or filler cap open (0455). We checked hoses and filler cap and after a few days recurred. What could be the cause? What is purge valve? Thanks.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E46 M3, '09 C63
Is it possible to revert back to original tune? If so, try to remove the tune, clear the code and then see if the CEL returns. If not then it's the tune, if it does then bring the car in stock form to the shop. Revert to tunedn tate after.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Exacc
Is it possible to revert back to original tune? If so, try to remove the tune, clear the code and then see if the CEL returns. If not then it's the tune, if it does then bring the car in stock form to the shop. Revert to tunedn tate after.
Good advice, Ill see and observe if the warning light comes on again, and if it does ill definitely consider reverting to stock tune. Thanks man!