Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for members who've installed the cargraphic headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2008 Audi TT Roadster (Sold)
He's in qld but he'll be able to put you in touch with someone. He imported the exhaust for me and got someone in nsw to install it.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by gyrex
Hi. Give James a call at bps:

http://www.bpschiptek.com
I did a lot of research on wheels and settled on HRE which I am having custom made in the USA. From what I understand unless you are prepared to flare the rear guards a deep dish is virtually impossible.
This car has had rear guards flared to fit the huge rear wheels
looking for members who've installed the cargraphic headers-cars_867-l.jpg

I have ordered HRE M40 in 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 9.5 with Pirelli 245/30 front and 285/25 rear tyres and have been guaranteed they will fit without any modification. Also ordered H&R coilovers. Hoping to get them before Christmas.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by AMG-010
I did a lot of research on wheels and settled on HRE which I am having custom made in the USA. From what I understand unless you are prepared to flare the rear guards a deep dish is virtually impossible.
This car has had rear guards flared to fit the huge rear wheels
Attachment 197289

I have ordered HRE M40 in 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 9.5 with Pirelli 245/30 front and 285/25 rear tyres and have been guaranteed they will fit without any modification. Also ordered H&R coilovers. Hoping to get them before Christmas.
Can't find M40's on HRE's website... How much are you paying in $US for those? Will you be paying customs duty or are you declaring them under $1K?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:45 PM

2017 AMG C43
I will be paying a small amount of duty as I can't declare 4 wheels, 4 tyres and coilovers under $1,000.
Here they are, also called P40. M40 is specific to Mercedes, P40 for Porsche
looking for members who've installed the cargraphic headers-p1000337ls.jpg

looking for members who've installed the cargraphic headers-m40_polished-l-1.jpg
Old 12-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
I think that it unfair to the owner of the Cargraphic brand and the Australian importer that consumers or the seller of the product refer to the product by the incorrect name.

If the seller sells the product under an incorrect brand name in Australia, they infringe section 52 of the trade practices act, as a minimum the conduct would be considered "passing off", and is a matter that is heard in the Federal Court.

Australia has much better laws to protect passing off than north America

In addition to the legal rights Cargraphic has, there are moral rights to be considered

If consumers are purchasing an Innotech exhaust, then it should be refered to by the correct name.

As this site frowns upon replicas, it would not be appropriate to refer to the product as "cargraphic replica"

Whilst I am aware that using a brand name such as cargraphic will make consumers feel better about their purchase of a replica, the correct and honest thing is for consumers to not contribute to the tarnishing of Cargraphics brand in Australia, and refer to the product based on the company that the goods are sold by, ie Innotech

The exhaust looks and sounds great, I am not against the product

But it should be refered to by a name that is not misleading and deceptive. That's a separate and likely action under Section 52 in addition to passing off.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Powerchip
I think that it unfair to the owner of the Cargraphic brand and the Australian importer that consumers or the seller of the product refer to the product by the incorrect name.

If the seller sells the product under an incorrect brand name in Australia, they infringe section 52 of the trade practices act, as a minimum the conduct would be considered "passing off", and is a matter that is heard in the Federal Court.

Australia has much better laws to protect passing off than north America

In addition to the legal rights Cargraphic has, there are moral rights to be considered

If consumers are purchasing an Innotech exhaust, then it should be refered to by the correct name.

As this site frowns upon replicas, it would not be appropriate to refer to the product as "cargraphic replica"

Whilst I am aware that using a brand name such as cargraphic will make consumers feel better about their purchase of a replica, the correct and honest thing is for consumers to not contribute to the tarnishing of Cargraphics brand in Australia, and refer to the product based on the company that the goods are sold by, ie Innotech

The exhaust looks and sounds great, I am not against the product

But it should be refered to by a name that is not misleading and deceptive. That's a separate and likely action under Section 52 in addition to passing off.
I appreciate where you're coming from and it's probably my fault for labelling the exhaust as cargraphic. I should probably refer to it as a replica??? I'm not really sure what to call it - no brand name was given to me when buying it and there's no branding on the exhaust itself.

The importer hasn't refered to the exhaust as a Cargraphic exhaust. He made it clear when I was buying it that it wasn't a cargraphic branded exhaust but that it's made by the same manufacturers that make the cargraphic exhaust - whether that's true or not I don't know and I don't really care to be honest with you because it sounds incredible and has the same functionality (remote control valves etc).

My assessment (and I could be WAY off base here) would be that cargraphic are buying this exhaust from some chinese manufacturing plant who also sells the non-branded version to other manufacturers to plant their branding on it. If you have a close look at the cargraphic exhausts, it appears as though their branding is welded on post manufacturing (it kind of looks dicy).

Anyway, I will stop referring to the exhaust as "cargraphic" and will try and use some other appropriate name.... Do you have any suggestions? Cargraphic replica? Cargraphic-esque? Again, it's looks and feels like the exact same exhaust!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
The best way to correctly refer to the exhaust is by either the company that makes it, or if James refuses to disclose it to you, as the BPS exhaust

James is obviously purchasing it from an entity that has a company name, but it isn't in his commercial interests to disclose what company that is.

I have no idea if the system is Innotech or it may be that Innotech in Taiwan has created its own brand and purchases the goods from China

What is known is that James did not buy them from Cargraphic.

I am not doubting that Cargraphic outsources products, we supplied software to them a few years ago under private label, but anymore.

Alex, if Innotech get back to you on Facebook could you check to see if it is the same exhaust as others have bought from James

So lets go with "BPS exhaust" unless James discloses the source
Old 12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Originally Posted by AMG-010
I will be paying a small amount of duty as I can't declare 4 wheels, 4 tyres and coilovers under $1,000.
Here they are, also called P40. M40 is specific to Mercedes, P40 for Porsche
Attachment 197293

Attachment 197294
Hi Mate congrats on your wheel purchase, HRE are great. I orginally had M40s on my C63 before swaping to HRE Comp 20s and i was hoping to use 275 tyres but they rubbed when cornering hard or going over speed bumps. There is a chance you might rub with 285s as they are obviously even bigger. The aussie cars have those added on fender flares on back side of wheel arches which you may have to remove. This is where my wheel rubbed. Are you still using Pirelli P Zeros? I can fit 275s on my Comp 20s as i got offsets big enough this time round. I am gueesing you bought them off Leeson at AMG Australia, he is a good guy ! Hope your offsets are big enough, will look super aggressive with 285s
Old 12-06-2010, 03:48 PM

2017 AMG C43
I bought my wheels from Wheels Boutique in Florida. They have give me a written guarantee they will fit (which I will find out shortly if this is true) and have been built to sit under the rear wheel arches as I am going with H&R coilovers. They did this one and apparently it didn't rub
looking for members who've installed the cargraphic headers-6701_96_319.jpg

Hoping to have them in a few weeks as they have just been finished by HRE. I noticed the added flare on rear wheel arch is smaller on the later model cars than the earlier cars. I will let you know how I go.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
If any one is interested i have car graphic headers for sale. Please check the for sale thread. And before powerchip says anything (yes they may be replicas according to powerchip)
Old 12-11-2010, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
why you selling now and what's next?
Old 12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Im selling because a friend wants to custom make headers for my car. So i will have no use for them.