C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Media Interface Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Yes, you can control the iPod and Pandora functions through the COMAND LCD or the gauge cluster. And I don't have mBrace.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

iatacs19,

Follow this link for more information:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...eet-greet.html
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
Hello! to Yuille36 or anybody that can help

I would like to ask you a question about the interface. i cannot get it to download the contact to my 2010 c300 from my iphone 4. i tried both mine and my wifes. hers even has the latest software update.

i most of read the manual like 35 times and tried it another 50 times. i do what the manual saids but it just wont work.

i got pandora working but only while being plugged in with the ipod cable to the media interface plus. i thought it was suppose to be wireless using the bluetooth on the interface. could you elaborate on that please.

i am very knowloable when it comes to electronics. i usually always know what i am doing but i just cannot get it to download the contacts.

also do you have your phone synced yo both the car and the interface? i found that if i only had my phone synced to the new interface and i got a phone call, the call would not be heard from the car speakers. i ended up re-syncing my phone to MB bluetooth and MI plus.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM

10 C63
If this just works for transfering contacts from my iPhone than I won't bother. If it actually allows video's from my iPhone to play than I might consider the $$
Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dgghostkilla
Hello! to Yuille36 or anybody that can help

I would like to ask you a question about the interface. i cannot get it to download the contact to my 2010 c300 from my iphone 4. i tried both mine and my wifes. hers even has the latest software update.

i most of read the manual like 35 times and tried it another 50 times. i do what the manual saids but it just wont work.

i got pandora working but only while being plugged in with the ipod cable to the media interface plus. i thought it was suppose to be wireless using the bluetooth on the interface. could you elaborate on that please.

i am very knowloable when it comes to electronics. i usually always know what i am doing but i just cannot get it to download the contacts.

also do you have your phone synced yo both the car and the interface? i found that if i only had my phone synced to the new interface and i got a phone call, the call would not be heard from the car speakers. i ended up re-syncing my phone to MB bluetooth and MI plus.
Sorry, about this as I haven't check this thread in sometime. The key to getting your contacts to download, is to sync your phone. There are 3 pairings that need to take place. 1. Interface to car, 2. Phone to interface, 3. Phone to car. If either of those pairings aren't done, then the contacts willo not download. I will be truthful with oyu, I had to take my car into a salesman, as he had more knowldege about this then I had at the time. Pandora does work thru the bluetooth, using the Audio streaming feature, not Pandora in the display. These are some photos that I took for this thread. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...av-update.html

This is what another owner has done. Sync the phone contacts with your mac or pc. Then just get a $5 PCMCI to memory adaptor from fleabay. Then "drag and drop" all your phone contacts onto a memory card. Plug the memory card into the PCMCIA adaptor then plug that into the open slot in the command unit and go to address book and import. In my case 600+ took about 20 seconds. done.

The bottom line is that it does work, I know the salesman had to help me get mine to work. I like you read the manual a dozen tiimes, but it's the pairing. I suggest that you deauthorize everything and start from scratch. First pair the phone and car via bluetooth, it will ask you form a code input it. Now the phone and car should be paired. Next turn off the phone and pair the interface to the car, I believe it asks for a code again. Then turn the phone back on, and pairing the phone to the interface via bluetooth and input the code. Once the phone is paired to the interface it automatically downloaded my contacts, and car is complete.

If it absolutely will not work, take it to Mercedes and have them figure it out, hell they made.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pdjafari
If this just works for transfering contacts from my iPhone than I won't bother. If it actually allows video's from my iPhone to play than I might consider the $$
The MIP doesn't allow you to view either video from your iPhone or iPod in the W204.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 AM
mcw

2008 SL 63 AMG R230

hi there,

Need a help, got the MIP and the video cable on my SL 63 but am having a bit of problem with the setup.

As a recap of the status / what have been done so far

MIP now bluetooth-paired with Comand
MIP now bluetooth-paired with my Blackberry 9780
Comand now bluetooth-paired with my Blackberry 9780

Speakerphone / Linguatronic now works with Blackberry 9780 via Comand
Blackberry 9780 will be simultaneously connected to Comand and MIP
The old Media Interface cable is allowing the iPod Touch 1st Gen / iPhone 4 to connect to MIP, but only audio and no video ( even at Video Aux )

But
1) The new video Media Interface cable is not allowing the iPod touch 1st Gen / iPhone 4 to connect to MIP . “ Device not connected ” warning and MIP will also not work when connected with video cable ( Media Interface > and “ MUSIC ” will be GREY OUT )

2 ) SMS reading / email reading out are occasional working with my Blackberry 9780 ( OS 6 ), sometime “ content protection is displayed” and also “ no messages avail ” despite new message arrives, and manually force “ refresh”, even with SMS read on and email read on

3) SMS reading / email reading is not automatic spoken, when new SMS / email arrives

any experience that you folks can share pls
Old 02-20-2011, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz Media Interface Plus is a plug & play entertainment solution for vehicles with iPod / MP3 Media Interface*. It enables you to take your world of music and entertainment with you on the road. From iPod® playlists, videos and Pandora® Radio to Bluetooth® Audio Streaming and mobile contacts, make your driving experience uniquely yours. Create your own driving world today!
Features of the Media Interface Plus include:
Pandora® Radio for iPhone® (3G, 3GS, 4)
Steering wheel buttons and the central controller will allow you to listen & control the Pandora® app.
Playlists can easily be accessed and songs be given a "Thumbs UP" or "Thumbs DOWN".
Bluetooth® Audio Streaming
Audio content or the Pandora® app can be streamed wirelessly from your mobile phone.
Functionality limited to central controller and track selection.
iPod® / iPhone® Audio & Video**
Browse & play audio and video files on a connected iPod® or iPhone®.
Phonebook Download****
Transfer contacts to the COMAND system via business card import.
Mobile Device Charging***
Charged via micro USB Adapter.
Click Here to see if your vehicle is eligible for Media Interface Plus.
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions about the Media Interface Plus.
Click Here to download the Owners Manual

Click Here to download the upgrade instructions

Click Here to download the MIP Software application

Click Here to download the MIP Bootloader software
Please call or visit your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer today for more information about the Mercedes-Benz Media Interface Plus.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mcw
hi there,

Need a help, got the MIP and the video cable on my SL 63 but am having a bit of problem with the setup.

As a recap of the status / what have been done so far

MIP now bluetooth-paired with Comand
MIP now bluetooth-paired with my Blackberry 9780
Comand now bluetooth-paired with my Blackberry 9780

Speakerphone / Linguatronic now works with Blackberry 9780 via Comand
Blackberry 9780 will be simultaneously connected to Comand and MIP
The old Media Interface cable is allowing the iPod Touch 1st Gen / iPhone 4 to connect to MIP, but only audio and no video ( even at Video Aux )

But
1) The new video Media Interface cable is not allowing the iPod touch 1st Gen / iPhone 4 to connect to MIP . “ Device not connected ” warning and MIP will also not work when connected with video cable ( Media Interface > and “ MUSIC ” will be GREY OUT )

2 ) SMS reading / email reading out are occasional working with my Blackberry 9780 ( OS 6 ), sometime “ content protection is displayed” and also “ no messages avail ” despite new message arrives, and manually force “ refresh”, even with SMS read on and email read on

3) SMS reading / email reading is not automatic spoken, when new SMS / email arrives

any experience that you folks can share pls
According to what I posted from Mercedes, and what you described, all should be working correctly even video, I'm perplexed. A suggestion, would be to stop past you dealership, and see if they can provide any guidance.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My friend Jack informed me, that MB released info on the video cable for the MIP and it's disappointing. It only seems to work on the NTG 2.5 systems. C class NTG 4.0, S class NTG 3.5, 2011 E class NTG 4.0. NTG 2.5 has the SD card slot in COMAND.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Thanks for this thread- just what I was looking for. Now I just need to find out how much MB is gonna charge me for this feature since my car already has the standard iPod media interface (standard in AUDM). Currently my car has the following: "Media interface featuring iPod, 3.5mm AUX-IN and USB connectivity (cables included)"

Any ideas on Aussie pricing?

As for 518, not too sure if my car has it :S But judging by this thread and it costing >$220usd for the cable, I don't think I'm that needing for video support on my iPhone when the car isn't moving. Most of the other features (e.g. bluetooth audio, SD, etc) are already standard on the facelifted w204.

Last edited by JaCe88; 10-22-2011 at 04:52 AM.