Sponsored by:

AMG Performance Tour @ Mont. Tremblant - Oct. 23rd, 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Thanks for the reply Swiftler. It's nice to hear we get to test drive all the cars.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by Swiftler
It's not about the service, I was hand picked. You are a day too late, brotha.

Roswell, we take turns to drive each car. Not sure how long we can drive for each car, I guess we all find out on that day. :P
We drive in groups of four with the instructor in the lead car...we drive about 3 laps and then pull into the pits and everyone moves up one car, so the car that was in front of you, is yours next for another 2 or three laps...the lead car always has the instructor, tuttoring you on where to brake, turn in etc, how you exited the corner, if it was good or to try to do something different next time around...so, you are not only driving these machines but you have an excellent instructor teaching you, you will take what you learn that day and you will never forget....BTW, by afternoon, these cars in your group a really motoring, in fact all day you will notice that the pace picks up every lap.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Also a heads up that there's not many Ultra 94 gas stations in Mont. Tremblant, I don't recall any actually. Watch out for cops on the highway, they're not friendly towards Ontarionians.

Just got my Beltronics Magnesium STi Radar Detector....shoulda got it as soon as i picked up my car
Old 10-16-2010, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by callmiro
Just got my Beltronics Magnesium STi Radar Detector....shoulda got it as soon as i picked up my car
You will be happy with it, I have a previous generation of the Beltronics and it has saved my a$$ on this particulr road numerous times.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
Where do you hide the radar though?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:44 AM

ML 320 CDI
Hi Guys

We have been working hard behind the scenes to make this another great event. To those that we have met at previous events, we look forward to seeing you again. To MB World members that are joining us for the first time, you are in for a treat!

To answer a few questions:
-You do not need any track experience to have a great time - we will teach you some of the most advanced skills in a safe environment.
-The program is full, so although guests are welcome to view and take pictures of the event, they cannot participate in the driving or ride along. The fee covers the catering.
-We provide helmets and balaclavas, however I suggest that you have a comfortable pair of driving shoes and comfortable clothing (remember the temperature will be on the cooler side). If you are looking for Piloti shoes, contact Jerry at jerry@drivingunlimited.com he can probably deliver them at the track.
-You can bring a camera as their will be lots of opportunities to take photos.
-I cannot reveal our fleet quite yet, but I can say that the SLS will be there (x2).

Some comments:
-Please take it easy going to and from the event if you are driving - the area is the most patrolled I have ever seen - just not a good way to start or end your program.
-We have had several participants that could not drive due to having a few too many the night before - seems like a shame to me.

I look forward to meeting you there, please make sure you let us know you are a member here - nice to put a face to the posts.

See you at Tremblant!

Danny
Old 10-17-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi Danny, thanks so much for the great infos... this will be my first track experience, so I'm really looking forward to learn new driving skills on this day. BTW, is it more a driving school... or a race? What I mean, will there be lots of cars on the track at the same time?

Meng
Old 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
If someone cancels, please let me know. I would be ecstatic if I could somehow participate in this.

As well, I can show up with very little notice as i live in montreal.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Danny, its Nick from Ottawa, my brother and I did your event in May at Calabogie and I also did the Dallas one...cant wait to see you guys again....will it be mostly the same cars from Dallas?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 AM

ML 320 CDI
Hi Meng,

This is a driver training event, not a race. We limit it to 12 cars on the track at a time with instructors in the lead cars.

Nick - we look forward to seeing you this week! The fleet is a little different than the Dallas fleet.

The weather looks ok, cool and dry, lets hope the forecasters are right!

For those that could not make this event, stay tuned for the dates for the Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy for 2011 - we will post the first batch in November.

Danny
Old 10-18-2010, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by AMG Instructor
Hi Meng,

This is a driver training event, not a race. We limit it to 12 cars on the track at a time with instructors in the lead cars.

Nick - we look forward to seeing you this week! The fleet is a little different than the Dallas fleet.

The weather looks ok, cool and dry, lets hope the forecasters are right!

For those that could not make this event, stay tuned for the dates for the Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy for 2011 - we will post the first batch in November.

Danny
Danny,

Hope you guys have a great event. I have attended a few Academy events in Europe and and 1 in the US. While they were all great fun I have noticed that in Europe the ontrack segments of the Euro events are much more aggressive than in the US with higher speeds and greater performance demands through turns and slalom runs. Any reason for the difference? Also had a chance to drive the instructor C63 at last event - it was clear it was been used as test bed for future development of C63 but wanted to see if you would be willing to disclose the engine set-up on these cars? From the sound and peformance of the cars, new heads & cams (SLS?) with different header sets.

To the guys, make sure you get some heat into the brakes and tires on the warm-up laps. You will be amazed at how many times ESP saves your butts on the track (much more evident than on the street). Have a great event and take lots of pics. I am sure that with the fall colours the setting will be epic.

Thanks,

Dave (from Kingston, Ont originally)
Old 10-18-2010, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
Darn, missed this! I'm at home on vacation that week as well!!!

Any planned events in Toronto coming up?

It's funny that someone slammed the CLK63 Cabriolet as that is the exact car that I'm looking at buying before this coming spring to replace my CLK55 Cabrio.

Any last minute cancellations, please contact me as I'm available.
Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:45 AM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
Originally Posted by newguy2008
Darn, missed this! I'm at home on vacation that week as well!!!

Any planned events in Toronto coming up?

It's funny that someone slammed the CLK63 Cabriolet as that is the exact car that I'm looking at buying before this coming spring to replace my CLK55 Cabrio.

Any last minute cancellations, please contact me as I'm available.
Thanks.
Sorry to break your heart but MB stop producing CLK 63. Even if CLK 63 BS is there, it'll be the instructor's car most likely.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
I realize that but I'm not looking for the CLK BS, I'm looking for a 2007-08 CLK63 Cabriolet which someone mentioned was in the fleet of cars for these events.

Sorry to break your heart but MB stop producing CLK 63. Even if CLK 63 BS is there, it'll be the instructor's car most likely.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:20 PM

ML 320 CDI
Some updates for you guys:

Our fleet will be: SLS, CLS, E, C, S, SLK, ML

All cars will run on Continental tires.

We are also welcoming Eurocopter as a new partner - they are offering short flights for participants of the program in one of their new business machines.

There are a few diffences between the previous programs in Dallas and Las Vegas and this program in Tremblant.

Tremblant is a great track, it is a very technical track with lots of elevation. There are a great variety of corners - fast sweeping, slow and medium speed corners and some combination corners.

Although we will not have the CLK with us, it was a great car. I have not driven an AMG car that I did not like. I always figure it is a good thing that we don't all like the same cars otherwise we would not see any variety. All the cars we are bringing will be 2010 models except for the SLS which will be 2011 models.

We are looking forward to a great event again!

See you in Tremblant.

Danny
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM

c63, prius
Danny,

my dealer didn't even send me anything.....is there anymore this type of event for the rest of the amg owner? is there a sign up list for future event? thx

Btw guys...which dealer offer u for this event?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:48 AM

ML 320 CDI
Dacatz

Unfortunately I do not control who each dealer invites. Every dealer is allocated a few spots (an average of 2 per dealership) based on various parameters. These spots fill quickly and currently we have a waiting list. The best I can suggest is to talk to your dealer and stay in touch with them. It is often difficult for dealers to pick the participants for their spots as all AMG owners are worthy. Sometimes it is just plain old luck or right place at the right time.

Fotunately this event is a big succes so the chances that it will repeat again are good. This event is the third of its kind and the second one of the year.

I hope that sometime you consider joining us at the Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy where you will receive even more track time than this program.

We have some really exciting announcements coming soon so stay tuned.

Danny
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 AM

2008 C63
Hey guys,

Let me know if you plan on hanging out, or going for a cruise at some point. I'm not too far, and would like to check out a few other c63's in the area.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Muskoka, why don't you come to the track as a spectator? I'm sure you're allowed as the 250$ guest charge are mostly for the hotel & foods. You can meet all of us there, the Ottawa crew are going on Monday though.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
I'm leaving Toronto tomorrow at 9am and driving up
Old 10-22-2010, 09:30 AM

2008 C63
Originally Posted by Roswell
Muskoka, why don't you come to the track as a spectator? I'm sure you're allowed as the 250$ guest charge are mostly for the hotel & foods. You can meet all of us there, the Ottawa crew are going on Monday though.
Good idea. However, the event says the 23rd, so do you mean you'll be returning to Ottawa on the Monday?

AMG Instructor, can you chime in with whether or not this is allowed?

If this works, can someone send me (or post up) a schedule? As fun as it would be to watch you guys in the classroom session, I think I'll try to arrive just for the driving .
Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM

2008 C63
NM, just saw the schedule on the first page. I'll probably come up Sunday morning, and go back around noon (can't miss NFL Sunday).

However, if you guys have any plans for impromptu hanging out or cruising (perhaps to a place that shows UFC) after dinner, let me know, as Saturday night would be much more preferable. Any UFC fans out there, who are going to the local Cage Aux Sports to watch?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:06 PM

ML 320 CDI
Day 1 complete! We had a wonderful althoigh cold day. Spectators at the track are ok. Just remember that the besf time to spectate os after lunch.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM

2008 C63
Great. Providing it's not raining, I'll show up around 2pm.

For some reason, I thought Saturday was the training, and Sunday was the track day. My bad.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG Instructor, did the cold weather affected the handling & performance of the cars? I'm glad the first day went well for you.

Muskoka, the Ottawa crew are driving only on Monday... so we have to get there the night before (Sunday night). Each day is a different group.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG Performance Tour @ Mont. Tremblant - Oct. 23rd, 2010