C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped off the CL at dealer and came across 2 SL65 BS parked next to each other...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by LZH
If you are EMPLOYED by the dealer and during the course of your employment you are required to perform a pre-delivery inspection, then NO, that would not be a joyride becasue it HAS TO BE DONE so the dealer can sell the car and know that there's nothing wrong with it - PRE DELIVERY - but that's NOT what you said your doing, IS IT ????

Would you still consider an employee taking a car out during the PDI and flooring the hell outta the car to be normal? Is that not considered a joyride? I'm just playing devils advocate here. If I was an employee who was PDI'ing a SL65 BS and redlined the car for 2-3 miles to "test" it out, would you consider my actions acceptable?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Would you still consider an employee taking a car out during the PDI and flooring the hell outta the car to be normal? Is that not considered a joyride? I'm just playing devils advocate here. If I was an employee who was PDI'ing a SL65 BS and redlined the car for 2-3 miles to "test" it out, would you consider my actions acceptable?
My brother has hauled *** in the SL65 Black Series on the fwy. Thats how he test them out. Ohh ya i forgot, according to LZH only when a non employ, not planing on buying the car is considered going for a "joy ride". Guys like LZH make it seem like its an impossible feat to go and take this specific car around the block once or twice.
he has no idea who my brother is and goes by assumption.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by _AMG_
My brother has hauled *** in the SL65 Black Series on the fwy. Thats how he test them out. Ohh ya i forgot, according to LZH only when a non employ, not planing on buying the car is considered going for a "joy ride". Guys like LZH make it seem like its an impossible feat to go and take this specific car around the block once or twice.
That's all fine and dandy..

But this is the internet for a reason. Assumptions will obviously be made, and until proven, will remain standing as such.

Just calm down.......
Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!

I do agree with LZH on one thing though...Make a vid and take pictures of your "joyride" in the SL65.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Guess what guys!?! This weekend my brother just gave me the keys to one of his Ferrari Enzo's for the whole weekend!!!!! NOT
Old 10-12-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Video or ban!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by derrick_lui
Video or ban!
Dude did i ever say im gonna take a video? calm down
Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 PM

C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by soldier2304
Guess what guys!?! This weekend my brother just gave me the keys to one of his Ferrari Enzo's for the whole weekend!!!!! NOT
Just tell him you're going for a PDI like AMG said, take a little joyride, and come pick me up in Canada! Just make sure you do some spirited driving to test out how the car performs in the CANADIAN ARCTIC SUB ZERO SNOW TEMPERATURES..
Old 10-13-2010, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
Originally Posted by derrick_lui
Video or ban!

I believe you man.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
_AMG_ , Lucky you bro.

I think some of the anger and hatred is from the fact that some person is going to buy this car and we would all like to sign over the check on a car with low factory fresh miles and not from being driven around just to experience it and not buy it. I personally will only but a car with 20 miles or less, no excuses, because I know what people sometimes do to them on test drives. Kind of along the lines of what some valet guys do. If you do go, enjoy but I guess just becareful and respect the fact that it may be someones dream car and they would want it still mint and not raped.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
If my brother is sitting next to me (AN EMPLOYEE AT MERCEDES) and hands me the keys to a SL65 Black Series, and tells me to go around the block (with him), whats the harm in that??!!
You came on to this thread to start an argument with me or something??
Grow up dude....

And you didnt answer my question....
If someone close to you worked at a Mercedes dealership, gave you the keys to a SL65 Black Series, and told you take it around the block once or twice, your telling me you wouldn't do it????
Love to hear how the ride was, appreciating a work of art on wheels is NOT a Joyride....

Have fun buddy I wish I could do it. and as far as PDI's go I sure as hell hope whomever did the PDI on My car Drove the Crap out of it so the rings would seal right....

Last edited by 4ramin; 10-13-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by LZH
If my brother worked for a dealer and threw me the keys and said lets take it for a spin, I wouldn't do it...for a few reasons. First, becasue I know only certain people at dealers can take the SL BS for a "spin" and your brother is probably not one of them. Second, becasue my brother (if he were just a mechanic) wouldn't be so stupid to put his job in jeopardy and third becasue I've already driven one and don't see the point in wasting my time nor putting miles on a car that isn't mine. I guess I'm the only person in this thread with a sense of what's right and what's wrong

Hate to say it but I side 100% with LZH here.

If it's so harmless, make sure to drop by the dealership owner's office and let him know you're taking one of his $300k vehicles out for a spin. Why is it unreasonable to expect ANYONE who can afford a SL BS to want the minimum miles possible? It's super limited production. Why rack up mileage on such a special vehicle just because you can get away with it? Seems really selfish.

LZH's points are not about 'hating' or being a buzzkill at all. It's about respecting the machine, its worth and its future buyer. Ethics, honor, right/wrong, whatever you want to call it. Some people get it, some don't.

The easy response to me is "quit 'hating on me' and don't be such a *****/elitist." The difficult and mature response is to rethink this joyride and determine that you will not take it.

I'd love to take an SL BS out for a spin, btw. If in your shoes I'd decline, I've done it before. What happens if someone hits you or you have a mechanical problem during this joyride? Think big picture bro.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
_AMG_ , Lucky you bro.

I think some of the anger and hatred is from the fact that some person is going to buy this car and we would all like to sign over the check on a car with low factory fresh miles and not from being driven around just to experience it and not buy it. I personally will only but a car with 20 miles or less, no excuses, because I know what people sometimes do to them on test drives. Kind of along the lines of what some valet guys do. If you do go, enjoy but I guess just becareful and respect the fact that it may be someones dream car and they would want it still mint and not raped.
ZephyrAMG thank you soo much for replying back to me without the intention of argument or hostility. (unlike certain forum members)
Im literally going to be driving it for no more then 2 miles, around the block once or twice like i stated. And no im not going to gun the hell out of it, i just want the experience of driving a SL65 BS, be it 2 miles or 200 miles.
I just don't understand why most people think its an impossible task to drive an SL65 black series.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by 4ramin
Love to hear how the ride was, appreciating a work of art on wheels is NOT a Joyride....

Have fun buddy I wish I could do it. and as far as PDI's go I sure as hell hope whomever did the PDI on My car Drove the Crap out of it so the rings would seal right....
Haha thanks man i appreciate it. And i agree with you.
Too bad i cant drive it for more then 5 miles.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
I just don't understand why most people think its an impossible task to drive an SL65 black series.
Who said it's impossible? 1) make enough money to buy one, then drive one. 2) know someone who owns one, then drive it.

It's not impossible, just irresponsible. Sorry, not 'hating' just observing. There are ways to drive/ride in one of these types of cars...and having a brother who works at the dealership isn't exactly the honest way to do it.

Good luck on your drive.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Hate to say it but I side 100% with LZH here.

If it's so harmless, make sure to drop by the dealership owner's office and let him know you're taking one of his $300k vehicles out for a spin. Why is it unreasonable to expect ANYONE who can afford a SL BS to want the minimum miles possible? It's super limited production. Why rack up mileage on such a special vehicle just because you can get away with it? Seems really selfish.

LZH's points are not about 'hating' or being a buzzkill at all. It's about respecting the machine, its worth and its future buyer. Ethics, honor, right/wrong, whatever you want to call it. Some people get it, some don't.

The easy response to me is "quit 'hating on me' and don't be such a *****/elitist." The difficult and mature response is to rethink this joyride and determine that you will not take it.

I'd love to take an SL BS out for a spin, btw. If in your shoes I'd decline, I've done it before. What happens if someone hits you or you have a mechanical problem during this joyride? Think big picture bro.
I am literally going around the block, and im not gonna put more then 2 miles on the car. People talk about it like im gonna rack up 100 miles on one drive, and abuse the hell out of it.
One of my friends left his e92 m3 and C6 Z06 at my work place for over a month and a half, with the keys intact. (he was moving) I probably drove each of those cars no more then 20 miles. I could have driven it every single day for a month straight but chose not too. Even though i had his permission to take them out whenever i wanted to. I respect other peoples property, and don't abuse it.
I really regret making this thread, i had no idea it would get this far.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Who said it's impossible? 1) make enough money to buy one, then drive one. 2) know someone who owns one, then drive it.

It's not impossible, just irresponsible. Sorry, not 'hating' just observing. There are ways to drive/ride in one of these types of cars...and having a brother who works at the dealership isn't exactly the honest way to do it.

Good luck on your drive.
Ummm ok, i never said its impossible, I said "People make it seem like its impossible to drive one" if i want, I can go buy one right now, but that means i have to sell one of my flow water jets, or my CNC machine, now that's being irresponsible. I dont think driving a car around the block counts, if that's the case you should accuse all those people taking cars out on a test drive irresponsible.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
LZH, do a search on here, removing that stick from your a$$ has been covered a LOT on theses boards.

What's the difference with ANYONE test driving a car that they don't end up buying? You care to sit at the lot and police everyone, Debbie Downer?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
LZH, do a search on here, removing that stick from your a$$ has been covered a LOT on theses boards.

What's the difference with ANYONE test driving a car that they don't end up buying? You care to sit at the lot and police everyone, Debbie Downer?
+1111111

I have noticed LZH has the tendency to argue ALOT.

Last edited by _AMG_; 10-13-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
I dont think driving a car around the block counts, if that's the case you should accuse all those people taking cars out on a test drive irresponsible.
LOL...really? I think we are all intelligent enough to distinguish the difference between driving a $50k car around the block versus a limited production, flagship $300+K vehicle around the block. That SL BS will be someone's prize possession, there are only 350 in the world and it's not like they're making 50,000 units so someone can just go find another one. You're putting miles on an ultra rare car. I doubt Ferrari wants the brother of an employee putting miles on a 599 or FXX, or Lambo allowing extra miles on a Reventon. What's the difference?

It's all good, I'm sorry I made you defensive. Just giving you something to think about. It's a matter of principle more than having a good time, hell I'd love to drive one too but we disagree on whether it's harmless or not. Peace.

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 10-13-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
It's all good, I'm sorry I made you defensive. Just giving you something to think about. It's a matter of principle more than having a good time, hell I'd love to drive one too but we disagree on whether it's harmless or not. Peace.
No one is getting defensive, I just don't like the feeling of being backed up into a corner by some members. Bottom line is im gonna drive the SL black, and honestly im not even going to post anything about it, because i don't want "certain members" stirring s*** up over nothing.

And btw for your information...
#1 FXX costs close to $2,000,000 and is NOT street legal, and you CAN NOT physically put one in your garage. Dont compare a 2 million dollar car to a SL65 BLACK.
#2 A reventon costs $1,000,000+ which also CANNOT be compared to a SL65 BS, a Black series will depreciate in value, a Reventon will increase, just like the Mclaren F1, and Enzo.
#3 The SL black is a rare car indeed, but not ULTRA RARE. I consider the Mclaren F1 or Enzo an ultra rare car.

Last edited by _AMG_; 10-13-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
No one is getting defensive, I just don't like the feeling of being backed up into a corner by some members. Bottom line is im gonna drive the SL black, and honestly im not even going to post anything about it, because i don't want "certain members" stirring s*** up over nothing.

And btw for your information...
#1 FXX costs close to $2,000,000 and is NOT street legal, and you CAN NOT physically put one in your garage. Dont compare a 2 million dollar car to a SL65 BLACK.
#2 A reventon costs $1,000,000+ which also CANNOT be compared to a SL65 BS, a Black series will depreciate in value, a Reventon will increase, just like the Mclaren F1, and Enzo.
#3 The SL black is a rare car indeed, but not ULTRA RARE. I consider the Mclaren F1 or Enzo an ultra rare car.
Those examples are given to illustrate my point, not to have as a direct price comparison as I'm well aware of the costs of each car.

Interestingly enough though, you DO draw a line somewhere (between "rare" and "ultra rare," whatever that means in your world), so that's good. It's clearly not at $300,000 so what pricetag would persuade you to not take a hot lap around the block? $500k? $1M? Just curious what your arbitrary rules are

Your determination to drive the SL BS w/out permission tells everyone a lot about the type of decisions you make. That's unfortunate, but enjoy.

Back to regularly scheduled programming...
Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by LZH
If you are EMPLOYED by the dealer and during the course of your employment you are required to perform a pre-delivery inspection, then NO, that would not be a joyride becasue it HAS TO BE DONE so the dealer can sell the car and know that there's nothing wrong with it - PRE DELIVERY - but that's NOT what you said your doing, IS IT ????
What the hell does THAT have to do with anything being disussed here anway ????

I wonder if the shop foreman at your brothers dealership knows he's letting family members take cars for joyrides?
it seems that your panties are too tight, you should consider switching to boxers
Old 10-13-2010, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t8zNU_dbN0

Move on dude, really.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Why does everyone not mind their own business and Let AMG do what he chooses to do, I mean really are you his parents? You guys act as if no one else is going to drive that car. Calm it down a little. These forums have become an anger management for allot of people and ones who always want to argue. I like to come here to get some good info but at times I think I'm dealing with a bunch of 7 year olds. Now I’m pissed because you made me become one of you CRAP CRAP LOL. I guess that’s what I get for buying a C class. Maybe I should have gotten an SL65 but if I test drive it and I don’t like it the zombies @ MBworld are going to get me….

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dropped off the CL at dealer and came across 2 SL65 BS parked next to each other...