C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped off the CL at dealer and came across 2 SL65 BS parked next to each other...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:34 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
LOL...really? I think we are all intelligent enough .....

It's all good, I'm sorry I made you defensive. Just giving you something to think about.

Seems intelligence and ethical behavior are the missing pieces around here. I was always taught that to properly appreciate something, you have to earn it. It would seem that many here believe getting what they want, ie a chance of a lifetime, can be had at someone elses expense. I for one would have been very ticked off if I had learned that some mechanic let his family member drive my BS beore I purchased it. Even if it is a lowly CLK :wink:

Originally Posted by _AMG_
No one is getting defensive, I just don't like the feeling of being backed up into a corner by some members.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
It seems foolish, or perhaps disingenuous, to suggest people shouldn't reply to a thread unless they agree with the subject and/or OP.
Its ok to reply, but some people dont have to be a d*** about it. There are nice ways to reaply back to a thread and there are ways that LZH replies back, with hostility and anger. I have never respected people like that, and i never will.
He's telling me to go make a video of me driving the SL because im BS'ing? Why? so i could waste my time proving to a loser that i drove that car, that's the exact reason why im not going to take a video or take any pics.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:43 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah, like a $300k BS is sooooo much more fragile than a regular SL....the cars are meant to be driven, not polished and drooled on like a Gretzky rookie card. That said, WHO CARES about a trip around the block if nothing happens to the car? Guess who...no one.

Nerds
See...that's the problem with A-holes like you. Just becasue you like to treat your car in a certain way, does NOT mean that everyone has to agree with you and follow suit. Most people who buy a $300k car use it as a 3rd, 4th or 5th vehicle and they are very discerning buyers. If they want to never drive their SL BS an rub it with a diaper, who are you to suggest otherwise???? Narrowminded would be an understatement And the fact that you think it's ok to just take it around the block a few times speaks volumes about your maturity and ethics. It's not your decision to make - GET IT ?!?!?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
you're gonna love it! try taking it somewhere where you can push it a little bit!
its scary fast but you will peel out no matter what haha!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
LZH
Banned

Its ok to reply, but some people dont have to be a d*** about it. There are nice ways to reaply back to a thread and there are ways that LZH replies back, with hostility and anger. I have never respected people like that, and i never will.
He's telling me to go make a video of me driving the SL because im BS'ing? Why? so i could waste my time proving to a loser that i drove that car, that's the exact reason why im not going to take a video or take any pics.
Why don't you re-read this thread fromthe beginning and you will see that my initial posts to you displayed ZERO hostility and/or anger. I was simply stating my opinion. And as far as taking a video and the reason why you won't be doing it....Well, we all know why that is....casue videos taken in dreams don't transfer very well to the internet.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
so lzh whos decision is it
Old 10-13-2010, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by LZH
See...that's the problem with A-holes like you. Just becasue you like to treat your car in a certain way, does NOT mean that everyone has to agree with you and follow suit. Most people who buy a $300k car use it as a 3rd, 4th or 5th vehicle and they are very discerning buyers. If they want to never drive their SL BS an rub it with a diaper, who are you to suggest otherwise???? Narrowminded would be an understatement And the fact that you think it's ok to just take it around the block a few times speaks volumes about your maturity and ethics. It's not your decision to make - GET IT ?!?!?
Remove your tampon and realx. haha
Your a waste of my time, you have no right telling me what i can and cannot do. Im gonna drive that car, and who the hell do you think you are to tell me its not my decision to make??
Old 10-13-2010, 03:57 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by 97W202
so lzh whos decision is it
The GM or the shop foreman...or whomever at the dealer is authorized to drive the SL BS. But that begs the question....as many of us know, lots of dealers and their employees act with very little ethics. Perhaps this dealer is one of them ?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 PM
LZH
Banned

Remove your tampon and realx. haha
Your a waste of my time, you have no right telling me what i can and cannot do. Im gonna drive that car, and who the hell do you think you are to tell me its not my decision to make??
Once again...I simply stated my opinion and never TOLD you what to do. However, it would seem from your 3rd grade toilet humor that the underlying message here has fallen on deaf ears. But again, I doubt your joyride will ever happen so it's a moot discussion.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by vcruiser
you're gonna love it! try taking it somewhere where you can push it a little bit!
its scary fast but you will peel out no matter what haha!
Im so excited!! You are very fortunate to own one. Im just going to be driving it around the block on a back street.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by LZH
Once again...I simply stated my opinion and never TOLD you what to do. However, it would seem from your 3rd grade toilet humor that the underlying message here has fallen on deaf ears. But again, I doubt your joyride will ever happen so it's a moot discussion.
"It's not your decision to make - GET IT ?!?!?"

That sounds like your telling me what do to, not an opinion.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:18 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
To be honest, taking a car, any car, no matter how exclusive and/or expensive it is around the block is pretty much pointless, at least in my opinion. Especially if you have no intend buying it in the first place. Even the cars that I bought I actually never test driven, because I already knew what to expect by just looking at it. The dealer I bought all my MB's from offered me a test drive right when the SL65 BS came out since they had two of them on the floor. Naturally, I declined. First of all, they didn't offer me a test drive just to have a good time. It's a business after all, and the objective is to make money, which I understand and respect. They offered it to me in hopes that I trade in my CLK63 BS and actually buy one.

I wasn't born into money and had to figure out a way if I wanted something, which meant working harder and being smarter than the next guy. There are no short cuts, at least no legal ones that I know of. If your dream is to drive a car like that, work a little harder to make that dream come true. Walk in there and write a check for it and I guarantee that you'll have a different view of the subject matter.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
LZH I was reading on another thread that the dealer offered yo to drive the SL black, becuase you supposedly bought 3 cars from there.
Let me inform you on something, I have bought a C63, CL550 and ML350 from the specific dealership where im going to test drive the black. My company has also remodeled that entire dealership, including Lexus, Acura, Toyota, and Audi dealerships.
On top of all that i have a brother who has a respectable rank at that Mercedes dealership. BTW the SL black im driving is not brand new it has a couple of miles on it, and is being sold as a used car.
Yes, i think this qualifies me to take a car around the block once or twice.

So LZH anything you want to say???

Old 10-13-2010, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by LZH
I for one would have been very ticked off if I had learned that some mechanic let his family member drive my BS beore I purchased it.
I never said my brother is a mechanic, that is the assumption you are going under. Second of all no specific person owns this car, its a dealer car. My neighbor brought home a SLS AMG wtih dealer plates on it and a steel grey 2010 E63 from time to time. My brothers came home with CL63's and CLK 63's numerous times, you dont think he can take out a SL65?? Wow man this conversation isn't going anywhere with some one that has a very low level of intelligence like yourself.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
LZH - Hey buddy tone it down a little, you talk about ethics however, from what I've been reading on your posts you’re not much of an ethical person. And let me tell you something buddy I have friends that have cars that many of us would only dream of having and I will tell you this much, we take those cars and beat the living crap out of them. Best part is that I get to have fun at their expense. The moral of the story is that it’s my choice and theirs and NOT yours.

AMG go have fun as I hear the car runs like a raped ape..... So go Rape it for me
Old 10-13-2010, 04:55 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 4ramin
LZH - Hey buddy tone it down a little, you talk about ethics however, from what I've been reading on your posts you’re not much of an ethical person. And let me tell you something buddy I have friends that have cars that many of us would only dream of having and I will tell you this much, we take those cars and beat the living crap out of them. Best part is that I get to have fun at their expense. The moral of the story is that it’s my choice and theirs and NOT yours.

AMG go have fun as I hear the car runs like a raped ape..... So go Rape it for me
... says the guy with a couple of "Garage Queens"
Old 10-13-2010, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

Thanks 4ramin, i appreciate the support.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:18 PM

2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Originally Posted by SMP
... says the guy with a couple of "Garage Queens"
Yes they are Garage Queens however , Both Porsches run on c16 gas ( Blue one now at over 630 RWHP and the car is only 2600LBS) and I beat the living shi* of them when I drive them. The C63 was on the Race track at only 400 miles on it and soon will be running only on 100oct tune and guess what I beat the crap out that also. Infact I really only drive the car when im going to a trak event and back. Thats what these cars had been made for. For me they are not daily drivers, they are simply toys that I play with and play hard. Im also proud to say my daily driver is a Honda Civic So please dont assume ( ***-u-me ) and next time you should know a little about me before making smartass remarks...

Last edited by 4ramin; 10-13-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Yes they are Garage Queens But , Both Porsches run on c16 gas ( Blue one at over 630 WHP and the curb W on the car is only 2600) and I beat the living shi* of them when I drive them. The C63 was on the Race track at only 400 miles on it and will be running only on 100oct tune and guess what I beat the crap out that also. Infact I really only drive the car when im going to a trak event and back. Thats what these cars had been made for. For me they are not daily drivers, they are simply toys that I play with and play hard. Im also proud to say my daily driver is a Honda Civic. so please dont assume ( ***-u-me )
No assumption here, it's in your avatar I bought a car that was designed to be taken to the track and do so frequently. But I'm not the one advertising it as a garage queen and make hypocritical statements. Like you I'm also proud to have a daily driver. Mine is an M6 though
Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by SMP
No assumption here, it's in your avatar I bought a car that was designed to be taken to the track and do so frequently. But I'm not the one advertising it as a garage queen and make hypocritical statements. Like you I'm also proud to have a daily driver. Mine is an M6 though
I like the M6 However, in my line of work I have to hide the toys unless I really trust the surgeons i work with or I will lose business…
Old 10-13-2010, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
What is it about the internet that brings out the worst in people...

LHZ.. im sure you wouldn't act like such a douche in your real life. Do you just openly call BS on people you don't know?

With that... I agree with LHZ... That BS with not leave the lot unless its the owner of the dealership. Now im not calling you a liar AMG. Im sure you were told you will get a ride im just betting it wont happen. Some excuse will come up that will prevent the test drive.

Also what dealership is this that has been allocated 2 SL65 BS's? They must do some serious sales and have amazing numbers to get not 1 but 2 SL65 BS cars.

If you do indeed get to ride in it I would video it. Not for the sake of the members here, but for yourself because that would be an awesome experience.

For anyone looking for a similar experience see below.. maybe we can get a group rate..

http://www.vulcanmotorclub.com
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
Its kinda pointless to bring "ethics" involved for driving a SL Black Series. _AMG_ hasn't done anything wrong, I would beat the crap out of SL Black Series. The hell what your opinion, who gives a crap.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Swiftler
Its kinda pointless to bring "ethics" involved for driving a SL Black Series. _AMG_ hasn't done anything wrong, I would beat the crap out of SL Black Series. The hell what your opinion, who gives a crap.
+1
Old 10-13-2010, 06:13 PM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
Hey!!Why don't we all meet after school and have some cocktails together.what do you say guys??
Old 10-13-2010, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by FastDonzi
Hey!!Why don't we all meet after school and have some cocktails together.what do you say guys??
LMAOOOOOO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dropped off the CL at dealer and came across 2 SL65 BS parked next to each other...