Sponsored by:

Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Big Congrats!! That thing is leaving HARD!!

Walter
Old 10-14-2010, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by propain
+1

So many bit%$#es on this forum lately. You are not allowed to have your own opinion apparently.

Dads C63 is great. Its a track car though. It has lost its C63 street character and has been put over the top with mods. Roll cage alone and removal of seats.

In my opinion I would have started with a Vette and used 1/2 the money he put into his C63 and be putting down 9's on the track. But its not my money its his and the vette isn't a MB or an AMG so I dig why he is doing it.

How about let Dad's defend himself if he wants to and stop being little cheerleaders for him?

Thank you! That is all I was trying to say. And, Keith is fine...as you can see by his very up front and detailed post (although he still uses his race car to take his wife out on dates, etc...very nice hey, it's still a car in their garage so why not?). It's just his guys, Ben (his worker bee) and RStevens63 (another employee of Keith's or just another fanatical maybe??? ); either way, ppl should try to see things from other perspectives...not everyone will agree with one side or or see things the same.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Not a good video but all I got. It is the 10.987 run but its an I-phone video. We were up against a 10.02 second big block Vega. Gave him a run for his money. Rather funny!!

You can get an idea how she hooks up and goes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMWiRafzbwI

Guys, we had a blast and thank you for the kind words. It was great to spend time with Dave.
I am looking forward to MIR but we still have tranny issues to work out.
We have GOBS and GOBS of power so I dion't need pointers on how to make power or where to place the nitrous jets.

The new converter was obviously working if we were running 1.5 and 1.6 60's all night. The challenge was getting the tranny to shift under nitrous load. Ended up ramping it out at 5800rpms and you still heard it tap the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift. The change in rpm at the end of the run is not the tranny slipping. Thats the nitrous ramping out at 5800rpms which is only a fraction of a second in fourth gear. Most of the pass in on motor and you can tell that by the MPH.
Hopefully we can get this all figured out soon or just put a TH400 in this dog and go hunting again. LOL
Congrats, Dads! Great ET and I'm sure you'll be in the mid 10's in no time.

I thought the last sentence was funny. Nice thinking.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by sflgator
Thank you! That is all I was trying to say. And, Keith is fine...as you can see by his very up front and detailed post (although he still uses his race car to take his wife out on dates, etc...very nice hey, it's still a car in their garage so why not?). It's just his guys, Ben (his worker bee) and RStevens63 (another employee of Keith's or just another fanatical maybe??? ); either way, ppl should try to see things from other perspectives...not everyone will agree with one side or or see things the same.
sflgator,
I tried to see your side and explain how we got where we are. Stop the name calling unless you are purposely trying to start something again. Ben is a well respected divisional manager here and works extremely hard helping me with the car so cut him some slack for being defensive. He has the same passion I do and takes it to heart like many. As far as RStevens63 he's another finatic that loves racing and knows the car so take it easy. Come on, I was trying to calm things down and you gotta go name calling and thats not helping.

BTW, the seats are all in and stay in 99% of the time so that doesn't make it a track car. The cage is out and stays out 99% of the time also. The car looks perfectly normal 99% of the time if you see it at the car shows etc....
Old 10-14-2010, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by PetroC55
Wow!

Congrats on your 10 second pass.

Did you make a run without any nitrous? Obviously, the torque
converter contributed immensely. Your 60' time is insane.

And I was happy because I ran 12.10 @ 116.31 last night at
Englishtown. You must be ecstatic.

Great job!
Congrats on your time. Very impressive.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Pssssst, children settle down and let this thread be about a fantastically fast C63.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:19 PM

E63
+1

So many bit%$#es on this forum lately. You are not allowed to have your own opinion apparently.

Dads C63 is great. Its a track car though. It has lost its C63 street character and has been put over the top with mods. Roll cage alone and removal of seats.

In my opinion I would have started with a Vette and used 1/2 the money he put into his C63 and be putting down 9's on the track. But its not my money its his and the vette isn't a MB or an AMG so I dig why he is doing it.

How about let Dad's defend himself if he wants to and stop being little cheerleaders for him?
Read post #39, your cage/seats comment, has already been covered. Iff he adds 60lbs with cage, why shouldn't he pull 50lbs with pass seat to compensate? No one else runs with the added weight of a cage, so what's the big deal? More assumptions...

No one cares what you wouldve done with another car, you aren't pushing anything with the one you have you're simply following in the footsteps others have laid down for you. Vettes are a dime a dozen, who cares...coulda woulda shoulda.

How about you give props where it's due and don't insert unwarranted or unwanted opinions about non relevant cars or topics, stop threadjacking and others won't have to correct your posts. You calling his car a "track car" tells me you haven't learned anything by reading the facts posted in this thread. Track cars are trailer queens, they don't rack up 26,000 miles in 2 years.

Think what you want to make yourself feel better about your own car and way to clutter a great thread about a new record with your unwanted opinions on a topic you have zero first hand experience with. Go internet!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:20 PM

E63
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Pssssst, children settle down and let this thread be about a fantastically fast C63.
Thank you! x1000000.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:23 PM

E63
Originally Posted by sflgator
I have no relation to Dads other than I respect what he's doing.

Sorry but I will not entertain the type of IGNORANCE it takes to accept your point of view. How about you get off your *** and see the car in person before running your mouth about it? Is that too much to ask? Unbelievable.

You are a hypocrite and a poor one at that. Enjoy running low 12s high 11s with your BMW.

Last edited by RStevens63; 10-14-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Dads C63
sflgator,
I tried to see your side and explain how we got where we are. Stop the name calling unless you are purposely trying to start something again. Ben is a well respected divisional manager here and works extremely hard helping me with the car so cut him some slack for being defensive. He has the same passion I do and takes it to heart like many. As far as RStevens63 he's another finatic that loves racing and knows the car so take it easy. Come on, I was trying to calm things down and you gotta go name calling and thats not helping.

BTW, the seats are all in and stay in 99% of the time so that doesn't make it a track car. The cage is out and stays out 99% of the time also. The car looks perfectly normal 99% of the time if you see it at the car shows etc....
Lets just put this to rest. I really don't think there was much name calling going on in his reply. Worker Bee and Fanatical are hardly insults. Sarcasm, yes. Provocative, yes. Your guys might be great but they did start with the name calling first so I would check them as well.

Thats cool that you swap out the seats and keep the stock look 99% of the time. I know well about cages as I have them in two of my cars and they do NOT come out so I figured your car was the same. That changes my opinion a bit.

The headers in my opinion take away from the MB branding due to them being STUPID loud. You have to admit when you think of a MB you don't think of your car. You have a MB/Track hybrid in my opinion with the cage out. With the cage in its a track car.

Either way its water under the bridge. Lets not let YET ANOTHER thread on this forum go to crap. Everyone is allowed an opinion and your guys could have been a little more forgiving in their reply and gator should not instigate this any further as well.

Congrats on your accomplishment. It sounds like you have been working very hard to break into the 10's and you have met your goal!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
I have seen Keith's car in person as well and saw his pass in the mile run. This C63 is one of a kind and sounds unbelievably ****in loud (in a good way). Do I respect him for what's he is doin with his car? Yes. Would I do to my car all he has done to his? No. Let's be clear that many of us can do exactly what Keith has done to his C63 and much more if we wanted to, but there is a reason and there are limits (in my opinion) to what I would do or not to a Mercedes-Benz. Also I agree with Propain about the defensive people in this thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as it is said with respect.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Read post #39, your cage/seats comment, has already been covered. Iff he adds 60lbs with cage, why shouldn't he pull 50lbs with pass seat to compensate? No one else runs with the added weight of a cage, so what's the big deal? More assumptions...

No one cares what you wouldve done with another car, you aren't pushing anything with the one you have you're simply following in the footsteps others have laid down for you. Vettes are a dime a dozen, who cares...coulda woulda shoulda.

How about you give props where it's due and don't insert unwarranted or unwanted opinions about non relevant cars or topics, stop threadjacking and others won't have to correct your posts. You calling his car a "track car" tells me you haven't learned anything by reading the facts posted in this thread. Track cars are trailer queens, they don't rack up 26,000 miles in 2 years.

Think what you want to make yourself feel better about your own car and way to clutter a great thread about a new record with your unwanted opinions on a topic you have zero first hand experience with. Go internet!
I gave props. I will also insert my opinion if I wish also. You are not helping Dad's case at all. Instead you are making things worse flying off on your internet rage because someone doesn't agree with everything he has done.

In your amazing insight people shouldn't even give props without having first hand experience at all? Good or bad right? Or are the good comments the only ones allowed without first hand experience?

Honestly dude, YOU and Ben have ruined a completely fine thread with your useless fanboy defense. You could have just ignored his comment and got on with your life but instead you decided to be a cheerleader. You need to check yourself and let it go.

This forum is really getting pathetic....
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Congrats on your time. Very impressive.
Thanks.

I only had three runs and my last run was the best. I honestly
think I could have run an 11.99 last night if I was able to get
a couple more runs, the weather was that good.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Glad to hear the car is running great! Wish I could have been there.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
I thought the real reason this thread was created was to celebrate
Keith's milestone?

I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion but this a great
accompishment. I don't care if Keith delivers pizzas with his car,
a 10 second run in a 4 door sedan that weighs roughly 4,000 lbs
is impressive.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
The question of when a car ceases to be a very fast configuration of a standard vehicle and becomes a track car/race car is always open to interpretation.

I remember earlier this year on the Camaro5 forums there was a C5 Camaro race car featured on the homepage that ran 8's I believe. It was basically a Camaro body but in reality it was no longer a modded, factory car. It was a race car.

Of course, that car is much more of a race car than Dads. Yet, there was a similar debate about whether the car was the "first" Camaro in the 8's.

Personally, I think Dad's car is a fine example of the new super-fast street cars. It wasn't so long ago that street cars were having difficulty remaining completely streetable while being 10-sec cars.

Currently, cars like Dads are displaying a very special ability to remain fully streetable while still having beastly track potential.

I don't see why it's relevant to this discussion whether those who respond to this thread have taken their C63's as far as Dads. Like others have said, even those that have the money to do similar mods, do not want to go that far.

I think at some point, a MB starts to lose it's factory image and becomes as custom as the owner/builder wants. This is obviously subjective.

The thing is, even though Dads car is setting all the records, it really does seem like all of the hard work and each of the individual mods have aided in making his car the fastest. That's a given.

For me, though, his car is no longer an example of a bolt-on, modded, C63. I'm not saying that the car is not streetable. Obviously, everyone says that it runs great on the street. It's just that it's on its own level now. And I for one am excited to see how far Dads can go.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63

Honestly dude, YOU and Ben have ruined a completely fine thread with your useless fanboy defense. You could have just ignored his comment and got on with your life but instead you decided to be a cheerleader. You need to check yourself and let it go.

OK, Propain, I'll play your silly game. For you to throw me into this "ruined thread" again, is just plain dumb. I simply responded to SFLGator "not" wanting to hear my "defense". Since which, as I stated before "I was done". I'm not here to defend Keith's car. The car speaks for itself. But you are correct, if you're going to bash Keith's car, without first checking your facts. Then far be it for me to make a correction. After Keith, AGAIN, gave an entire timeline and parts breakdown of his car (just like he always does), then did SFLGator understand. We've had this thread before. It's a DEAD issue. Get over it.

Have fun, and be safe.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by PetroC55
Thanks.

I only had three runs and my last run was the best. I honestly
think I could have run an 11.99 last night if I was able to get
a couple more runs, the weather was that good.
You're welcome.

I know you could have run 11.99. It's just a matter of time for you. That's awesome. It's also my goal.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 PM

E63
I gave props. I will also insert my opinion if I wish also. You are not helping Dad's case at all. Instead you are making things worse flying off on your internet rage because someone doesn't agree with everything he has done.

In your amazing insight people shouldn't even give props without having first hand experience at all? Good or bad right? Or are the good comments the only ones allowed without first hand experience?

Let's break this down to it's most basic level, as it seems even sflgator has even gotten the point.

This thread not about GTRs, not about Vettes, not about $ spent, it's about Dads car cracking the 10s despite facing major adversity--you won't see it because your not pushing nearly as hard not a knock just another fact.

You didnt understand about the cage/seat issue (you assumed) and now the truth and dropped the issue as you should have.

Now you state that the headers making it loud make it a track car as well, in that case there are probably 50 members on here with track cars that didn't know it. Long story short your compass for judging a street car from a track car is so far off I'd be surprised if you could find your car in the parking lot. A DTM is a track car, a SLS GT3 is a track car. If you think a loud C63 makes the car un MB like that's your opinion, however this thread is not about what you think or feel in that dept. Again it is about congratulating Dads on a job well done.

Now stop calling the car a "track car" and walk away with the compliments posted. In order to define a vehicle as track only yes you have to see it in person and better yet ride in it. The fact he has 26k miles in 2 years tells me it's more than a trailer queen track car. Otherwise start your own thread in which you call out all header owning C63s as track cars, including sflgator.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
so the question at hand... how much HP/TQ are u putting down
Old 10-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 97W202
Old 10-14-2010, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Let's break this down to it's most basic level, as it seems even sflgator has even gotten the point.

This thread not about GTRs, not about Vettes, not about $ spent, it's about Dads car cracking the 10s despite facing major adversity--you won't see it because your not pushing nearly as hard not a knock just another fact.

You didnt understand about the cage/seat issue (you assumed) and now the truth and dropped the issue as you should have.

Now you state that the headers making it loud make it a track car as well, in that case there are probably 50 members on here with track cars that didn't know it. Long story short your compass for judging a street car from a track car is so far off I'd be surprised if you could find your car in the parking lot. A DTM is a track car, a SLS GT3 is a track car. If you think a loud C63 makes the car un MB like that's your opinion, however this thread is not about what you think or feel in that dept. Again it is about congratulating Dads on a job well done.

Now stop calling the car a "track car" and walk away with the compliments posted. In order to define a vehicle as track only yes you have to see it in person and better yet ride in it. The fact he has 26k miles in 2 years tells me it's more than a trailer queen track car. Otherwise start your own thread in which you call out all header owning C63s as track cars, including sflgator.
My Charger had 30K miles on its 440 BEFORE I made it a track car. Does that mean my Charger is not a track car?

I know much about tracking cars. Probably way more than you. I'm sure I could find my car in a parking lot. Stop being a douche. How about that? The internet is a wonderful place where people share opinions. I call Dad's car a track car because it barely resembles its stock form aside from the shell. WITH the cage its absolutely a track car. THUS THE NEED FOR THE CAGE!

Congrats Dad again on your accomplishment. I made it nice and big because apparently the first 3 times wasn't enough for your fan-boys.

Can we move on now or do you two hens need the last word?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by 97W202

I think they were north of 600 to the wheels with the NOS shot. There was another thread about it.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM

Moved on.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by benscott01
Moved on.
+1

Congrats guys. I really do mean that. Ive always been a fan of Dad's car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!