Sponsored by:

Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Most of you retards in this thread are pathetic. TRACK CAR ???? LOL - last time I checked a true track car didn't have power steering, power brakes, stereo, CD changer, nav, AC, back seats, sound dampening material, glass windows, electric windows, rear defogger, ABS, ESP, ETC ETC ETC!!!!!
And most "track cars" have a suspension setup that would rattle your fillings out of your teeth on anything but THE TRACK. So, to say his car is a dedicated track car is simply stupid and goes to show that many of you have NEVER been in a REAL track car.
And also....comparing NOS to a turbo or a blower is simply idiotic. Know why ??? Cause turbos blowers don't need to be refilled !!!!!!
I'm just amazed with the lack of knowledge and retarded people that make up this forum

Last edited by LZH; 10-14-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by propain
My Charger had 30K miles on its 440 BEFORE I made it a track car. Does that mean my Charger is not a track car?
So you put a stroker in your Charger, you think that makes it a track car? You're kidding right? If not that's just sad.

I know much about tracking cars. Probably way more than you. I'm sure I could find my car in a parking lot. Stop being a douche. How about that? The internet is a wonderful place where people share opinions. I call Dad's car a track car because it barely resembles its stock form aside from the shell. WITH the cage its absolutely a track car. THUS THE NEED FOR THE CAGE!
The internet is a place where people share opinions, some valid, some the farthest thing from it. The fact that posts arent weighted to reflect the experience of the person posting is a shame and would make it a much better place.

Yep, you know all about racing yet managed a 12.1@116 with tune, LSD, airboxes, filters in great air at a fast East coast track. you are the man. didn't mthis do that with a stock car? 12.1@115 at the same track?

His cage is removable, and I have plenty of friends with fast cars that never see a track that have a cage--why for safety duh. Sorry to those that have them they are street cars and couldn't care less what you think--same goes for anyone in this forum. your opinion on what makes what what is not relevant nor was it asked for.

Again think what you want, just dont post your opinion like it's fact when you haven't come within 1000 miles of the car in question. Go to MIR see the car then talk about it, until then stop wasting bandwidth.

Congrats Dad again on your accomplishment. I made it nice and big because apparently the first 3 times wasn't enough for your fan-boys.
[QUOTE]

Thanks, now go away or start another thread to complain in and argue your thoughts on street vs track cars.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by LZH
Most of you retards in this thread are pathetic. TRACK CAR ???? LOL - last time I checked a true track car didn't have power steering, power brakes, stereo, CD changer, nav, AC, back seats, sound dampening material, glass windows, electric windows, rear defogger, ABS, ESP, ETC ETC ETC!!!!!
And most "track cars" have a suspension setup that would rattle your fillings out of your teeth on anything but THE TRACK. So, to say his car is a dedicated track car is simply stupid and goes to show that many of you have NEVER been in a REAL track car.

I have two of them. How about you?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by RStevens63
So you put a stroker in your Charger, you think that makes it a track car? You're kidding right? If not that's just sad.

The internet is a place where people share opinions, some valid, some the farthest thing from it. The fact that posts arent weighted to reflect the experience of the person posting is a shame and would make it a much better place.

Yep, you know all about racing yet managed a 12.1@116 with tune, LSD, airboxes, filters in great air at a fast East coast track. you are the man. didn't mthis do that with a stock car? 12.1@115 at the same track?

His cage is removable, and I have plenty of friends with fast cars that never see a track that have a cage--why for safety duh. Sorry to those that have them they are street cars and couldn't care less what you think--same goes for anyone in this forum. your opinion on what makes what what is not relevant nor was it asked for.

Again think what you want, just dont post your opinion like it's fact when you haven't come within 1000 miles of the car in question. Go to MIR see the car then talk about it, until then stop wasting bandwidth.

Congrats Dad again on your accomplishment. I made it nice and big because apparently the first 3 times wasn't enough for your fan-boys.

Thanks, now go away or start another thread to complain in and argue your thoughts on street vs track cars.
Still a douche. You dont even know who your talking to. My C63 has never been on the track. Not yet.

What a dope.

Dad should be happy to have you as a fan.

Last edited by propain; 10-14-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM

E63
Originally Posted by propain
Still a douche. You dont even know who your talking to. My C63 has never been on the track. Not yet.

What a dope.

Dad should be happy to have you as a fan.
I know exactly who I'm talking to, another clueless internet poster that tracks a '74 charger and calls people names because he can't come up with a valid argument. LZH, thank you for telling it how it is.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
wow great #'s dad I ENVY YOUR CAR

EDIT: in its TRACK/DD/STOCK form!!

Last edited by 97W202; 10-14-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by NickZag
Wow, all he did was post his 1/4 mile time and haters still chime in
This always happens on here. That's why I don't like posting my times.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Ok, so back to the thread at hand. Hopefully the weather works out for next week, and we can get some runs up at MIR......

Having not raced up there, anyone have any ideas as to what the car would run?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Congrats, why is anyone complaining in the thread...just don't post. Which NOS system to buy? and all the parts I need minus the tune? Maybe something like 75 shot...

Last edited by GHAZAN; 10-14-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:52 PM

We are runnig a NX system. It is fully adjustable to fit your needs. Pretty sure you can get the full set-up from MHP, ready to install. Might want to check out their website for full details.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Originally Posted by benscott01
We are runnig a NX system. It is fully adjustable to fit your needs. Pretty sure you can get the full set-up from MHP, ready to install. Might want to check out their website for full details.
Thanks ben, does this come with everything necessary...controller, lines, tank....? Is there a part number for it?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:04 PM

We bought the tanks seperate, because we opted to run dual tanks. NX progressive controller, lines etc.... are with the kit (Pretty sure). We are also running a seperate fuel tank and lines, due to the LONG 1 mile runs. If you're just running a 75 shot on the street or at the drag track, you shouldn't need that extra expense.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Ok, so back to the thread at hand. Hopefully the weather works out for next week, and we can get some runs up at MIR......

Having not raced up there, anyone have any ideas as to what the car would run?
What was the DA there? Did you have traction issues? Will the setup be the exact same at MIR? That way I may be able to give you a guesstimate
Old 10-14-2010, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Wow. This thread got insane.

Nice job Dads with your Brute C63! It sure is a landmark and record setter! Truly an awesome beast and I always get the chills watching your videos and cheer you on.

I was reading and couldn't help but feel bad for people like fellow forum members Propain, sflgator, soldier2304, etc. from members such as Rstevens63 and benscott01. Wow, talk about lashing out at mere discussions, thoughts, opinions, ideas, conversations, etc. People REALLY need to be a bit more considerate and open minded to just other points of view whether right or wrong. I know numerous times I have said I dont like a color, or a mod, or a wheel type just because I was adding to the opinions and stating my own point of view. Thank God the forum members were more open to others opinions and criticisms and didn't get offensive and aggressivly lash out at me and tell me to go F**K off. I respect that tolerance and open mindedness.

Sorry guys, but keep on being real and posting your thoughts no matter how other members may corner you and strike at you. Thats why I am a member; to look at all angles and make up my own mind.

NOTE: LZH however does make some good points...just saying.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by LZH
And also....comparing NOS to a turbo or a blower is simply idiotic. Know why ??? Cause turbos blowers don't need to be refilled !!!!!!
I'm just amazed with the lack of knowledge and retarded people that make up this forum
OK, lets see here, you're stating your opinion of what a "track car" is and is not while simultaneously making fun of people who share a different opinion.

What's a "real" track car? That was rhetorical.

Dads C63 isn't a "dedicated track car?" I think it shows tremendous dedication to the track to trailer your car there. (I know it can be driven there, while towing a motorhome, and with 3 kids in the car -- it's very streetable; I get it).

Regarding your distinguishment between NOS and F/I, it's completely irrelevant to this thread. I'm not sure what the significance is that F/I is constantly available in comparison to NOS, which runs out with use.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 10-14-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by sflgator
+1. As I understand it, Keith is a very good guy and I give him props and respect for doing what he does with his car. However, let's be real here...his car is a "PROJECT TRACK CAR."

Yea, yea, it can be driven like a "daily driver" be seriously folks...anyone who mods their car like he does, going to the extremes, pushing the envelope so to speak does not intend on using their car everyday for work, run to the store for groceries, carting around the kids, etc. So, now he's got a 160-shot of nitrous...that's great but many will say adding NOS is not exactly "fair" or comparing "apples to apples." And, now what...a new torque converter for better launches and 1.5-1.6sec. 60ft. times...awesome but again, if you replace and/or add so many parts to the car, it loses its original identity and becomes nothing more than a dedicated "project" track car (with a Mercedes-Benz badge).

Personally, if my goal was to have a 10-sec. car, I would just get a Nissan GT-R, add the Cobb AccessPort ecu flash tune and DPs and be done with it...but that's just me and everyone's different. My friend, "SleepDoc" runs 10.4 sec. @ 132mph with minimal mods to his GT-R; no nitrous, no crazy mods...a tune, DPs, exhaust...that's it! Having said all of that, congrats Keith on your 10-sec. car.

I've said this before and again, I do have the utmost respect for Keith and what he does, but honestly you have to see it for what it is. Just my $0.02 and benscott01, I don't need to hear your defense or any hands-in-the-air argument b/c we all know Keith is your boss and great friend. Thank you. Peace out!
I read your post earlier today and intentionally withheld a reply to ensure that I gave due consideration to your remarks. As Propain so aptly stated, we are all entitled to an opinion but not everyone has enough sense to know when to share it and when to STFU.

Your post is clearly directed to rain on Keith's parade simply because you believe his car has passed an imaginary threshold and is now some sort of mutant brand. I can assure you that we often take our wives out to dinner in our cars and they are both fast street cars albeit somewhat louder than average. His car has 26,000 miles on for goodness sake and they weren't all accumulated a quarter mile at a time.

Your attempt at congratulations is VERY weak. Praising someone's accomplishment does not warrant the need for the words such as BUT and HOWEVER which are blatantly obvious in your commentary. The true intention of your post was derogatory and you tipped your hand at the true feelings by forewarning others in advance about being defensive.

I can't count how many times you have wandered into a thread regarding Keith's car and attempted to divert the conversation to "your friends incredible GTR". Last time I checked this was a C63 forum, someone establishes a new benchmark for the model and here you go again with the friends GTR. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS CAR and if you feel like conversing about it go to a GTR forum and brown nose with the demigods you seem to worship.

Lastly my public congratulations to Keith although I already did and my apologies for adding to the disruption of YOUR thread but when someone's dog wanders onto my yard to take a dump someone's gonna hear about it.

Last edited by hhughes1; 10-14-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by PetroC55
Thanks.

I only had three runs and my last run was the best. I honestly
think I could have run an 11.99 last night if I was able to get
a couple more runs, the weather was that good.
What were the temps? The trap speed seems low for a tuned C63. I trapped 115 bonestock in 60+dry air-sunny day at island dragway NJ. Going back soon to see what the tune does.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
OK, lets see here, you're stating your opinion of what a "track car" is and is not while simultaneously making fun of people who share a different opinion.

What's a "real" track car? That was rhetorical.

Dads C63 isn't a "dedicated track car?" I think it shows tremendous dedication to the track to trailer your car there. (I know it can be driven there, while towing a motorhome, and with 3 kids in the car -- it's very streetable; I get it).

Regarding your distinguishment between NOS and F/I, it's completely irrelevant to this thread. I'm not sure what the significance is that F/I is constantly available in comparison to NOS, which runs out with use.
I dont think LHZ has any clue about track racing or the different classes that are associated with it. I guess he only considers top fuel as a track car.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Its a race,family,grocery getter,luxury well not really anymore CAR. There settled it!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

W221
I've always been a fan of you Dad's! Congrats! Well deserved!

I'm personally not a fan of using nitrous but that's just me. Big kudos to you! Can't wait to see how much deeper you get into the 10's!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I've always been a fan of you Dad's! Congrats! Well deserved!

I'm personally not a fan of using nitrous but that's just me. Big kudos to you! Can't wait to see how much deeper you get into the 10's!
Well put. See you can have a different opinion of the car without being a jack$$. We also were somewhat scared of the nitrous, but after some testing and tuning, holy S.... This motor loves nitrous. I've been driving this car since the day Keith picked it up from the dealer, and has always been a beast, but beast doesn't even begin to describe it now.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Well put. See you can have a different opinion of the car without being a jack$$. We also were somewhat scared of the nitrous, but after some testing and tuning, holy S.... This motor loves nitrous. I've been driving this car since the day Keith picked it up from the dealer, and has always been a beast, but beast doesn't even begin to describe it now.
I've never been interested in NOS before. But, considering F/I isn't an option for M156, the thought of NOS has grown on me. And the way you put it: "This motor loves nitrous," just makes it that much more appealing.

I think I just became a fan of NOS.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by C63newdude
I wouldn't say that his ride is the envy of everyone, certainly not for me. Dad's 63 is a C63 owner determine to achieve a lot of things with his car, it clearly shows that he has a pasion for making his car fast.

My apologies for my overly broad statement. Why is there such anger on this thread when Dads car just broke into the 10 second run?
Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Keith, congratulations. Tremendous achievement... and she's clearly got more ET in the bag, given the "low" trap compared to what you've accomplished previously. Look forward to seeing what you get down to throughout the rest of the season.

Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Dads C63 isn't a "dedicated track car?" I think it shows tremendous dedication to the track to trailer your car there.
Perhaps just mincing words... but my own thoughts/observation on this one, take it FWIW: a lot of streetable, frequently-daily-driven cars are trailered to the strip by their owners as a preventative measure in case of a "whoops" - fender-bender, broken hardware, etc. That way they're not stranded and/or have to arrange for an expensive tow home.

To me, the phrase "dedicated track car" isn't a result of the driver's "dedication" to the sport. To me, it means that the car is no longer streetable or perhaps even street legal. Slicks, stripped out interiors, airbag/AC/stereo removal, roll cage, racing seats/harnesses, racing compound brake pads, etc., are the hallmarks of a "dedicated track car" IMHO. To each his own.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
CONGRATS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!