Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune

I'd like to thank everyone who was involved in this small project. MBH, Eurocharged, Autoscope. i finally got what i was looking for in sound and performace... i really don't need much more... i'll likely be going aesthetic mods from here on

Autoscope's facility was amazing as always, and the people are great. I met some pretty cool people from mbworld and also dfwautoclub. it was great just sitting around and relaxing with some great car enthusiasts.

i'm not sure where to start with the real story but here goes. i dropped off my car wednesday morning for the removal of the stock headers. autoscope then dropped me off at work in the morning. install was finished thursday afternoon and i was picked up my autoscope to watch my car get dynoed.

i had a talk with the tech who installed the headers and he was a cool guy. i asked how was the install, and he laughed and said it was a pain in the @$$... haha... it was mainly because there wasn't a lot of room to work with under there. but the fit was great, no major issues. which is great news for the first production set of the bolt on mid pipes. WTG! MBH MOTORSPORTS

i walked into their facility and my car was already on the dyno and just finishing up being strap down. ran into a few people like kcviper and finally met jerry. the 3 of us were chatting about 15-20 feet from my car and i had my backed to it. and all of a sudden something scared the $#!T out of me. i turn back and it was my car... i literally jumpped a few inches off the ground... i think that happened to me twice that day.

the sound is simply indescribible. it was just stupid loud and i LOVED it. i don't regret for a second going the route i did. i contemplated for the longest time on whether to do an x pipe, h pipe, straight pipe, keep the primaries, or the seconds, or delete the seconds, and keep the resonator, or remove the resonator, and etc... you know the drill. until finally i just said, i'll make it simple, get long tube headers, delete everything, and have it bolt to the stock resonator. and who came through for me? MBH MOTORSPORTS. they decided to make a bolt on mid pipe which was the exact solution i was looking for.

like others have said... the sound is fine if you're just crusing around in C mode. unless you have a heavy foot from a stop light or stop sign. but once you give it a little, the thing just growls and roars. i drove it around dallas and it was fine at highway speeds. i make road trips driving to austin and san antonio, and i don't see a problem with droning or anything. i was able to listen to my music just fine.

i don't have the dyno charts with me but i'm hoping either jerry or mbh will post them once in gets into their hands. i think jerry said this was a first for him on a c63, so he worked his magic and got some great numbers.

if i recall, the best i saw was 431hp/403tq

and of course i tried to catch some of the action on the dyno. forgive me if my youtube video looks noobish. it was my first time trying to edit all the vids together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOW0GNXshRU

----------------------------------------------------------

here are the videos for cold start. before and after

stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ai2UsE1lEc

not so stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CnTZQk53uU

Last edited by bluejae; 10-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Congrats.

I'm leaning toward the MBH headers and bolt on mid section but
I'm still waiting for a price from MBH. Maybe I'll just PM him.

How is cold start compared to stock? All cats are deleted?
Old 10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejae

the sound is simply indescribible.
if i recall, the best i saw was 431hp/403tq

Bhamg's car sounds incredible with the MBH and cats.

What dyno is that? Because 431 is a bit low with LTs on a DJ.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
MY GOD That sounds incredible!!!!! Hows the drive after the tune & headers compared to stock?

I luckily didn't blow up my speakers.....but i do have some serious ringing in my ear, haha. Your car sounds insanely loud, but in a great way! Enjoy your new and improved monster.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
bluejae - Congrats!...glad to see it all came together...you are finding it was worth the wait! One thing that I am not seeing is a lot of air being moved through your engine compartment though...I would think heat soak might be an issue with that dyno setup. Enjoy!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by bhamg
bluejae - Congrats!...glad to see it all came together...you are finding it was worth the wait! One thing that I am not seeing is a lot of air being moved through your engine compartment though...I would think heat soak might be an issue with that dyno setup. Enjoy!
+2 in the closed room
Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by PetroC55
Congrats.

I'm leaning toward the MBH headers and bolt on mid section but
I'm still waiting for a price from MBH. Maybe I'll just PM him.

How is cold start compared to stock? All cats are deleted?
i have videos that i haven't had time to post yet... i made a cold start video of my car stock, and then i shot an after video this morning. i heard the cold start the first time ever and i just laughed out loud... it was hilarious how loud it was... hahahaha loving it

i'll post the vids when i can

i have straight through all the way, no cats. stock resonators and stock mufflers

Originally Posted by Sincity
Bhamg's car sounds incredible with the MBH and cats.

What dyno is that? Because 431 is a bit low with LTs on a DJ.
yes it's a heartbreaking mustang dyno... but to compare... my 09 stock on the same dyno did about 350hp... the dyno charts are in another thread...

Originally Posted by bhamg
they have one big fan pointing towards the front of the car... that's about all i know... and what's crazy about heat soak, i didn't really see it myself... we probably did about 6-8 runs, and the numbers were steady or even climbing a bit... ALL MOTOR BABY!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by _AMG_
MY GOD That sounds incredible!!!!! Hows the drive after the tune & headers compared to stock?

I luckily didn't blow up my speakers.....but i do have some serious ringing in my ear, haha. Your car sounds insanely loud, but in a great way! Enjoy your new and improved monster.
thank you... i love them...

i especially like the first video because you can see jerry shaking his head after hearing it for the first time on the dyno...
Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
i have videos that i haven't had time to post yet... i made a cold start video of my car stock, and then i shot an after video this morning. i heard the cold start the first time ever and i just laughed out loud... it was hilarious how loud it was... hahahaha loving it

i'll post the vids when i can

i have straight through all the way, no cats. stock resonators and stock mufflers
Thanks.

I can't wait to see and hear the videos.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
they have one big fan pointing towards the front of the car... that's about all i know... and what's crazy about heat soak, i didn't really see it myself... we probably did about 6-8 runs, and the numbers were steady or even climbing a bit... ALL MOTOR BABY!

hmm I surprised that one of you did not keel over from carbon dioxide poisoning. that baby of yours will fill up that garage in 2 min with carbon dioxide. and you did 10 runs? I think the dyno operator lost at least 4 years of his life that day
Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by sighting
hmm I surprised that one of you did not keel over from carbon dioxide poisoning. that baby of yours will fill up that garage in 2 min with carbon dioxide. and you did 10 runs? I think the dyno operator lost at least 4 years of his life that day
they have ventilation hooked up so it goes outside from the back of the car... and i think they have some on the floor too.. not sure though...

but when i was in there for that 1 run, omg
Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 20 Porsche 911 (sold), 09 C63(sold), Vipers (sold)
I was there and can say for sure that the beast is LOUD!!! What a great time watching Jae arrive and hearing the birthing of the BEAST Jerry is great to work with and I believe the mustang dyno was on the lower end of HP. Overall, about 80 RWHP increase with tune and headers over his 09. I'm glad I was behind the glass windows for most of the testing, or the fumes would have killed my last 10 brain cells!!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
WOW...that sounds amazing. Nice gains too.

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
That's loud.

Enjoy the power on the dark side
Old 10-15-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
The sounds are now familiar, lol...congrats to you too, Bluejae!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63

stock

not so stock

Last edited by bluejae; 10-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
The MBH setups sounds great.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55

stock

not so stock
Holy crap that cold start is LOUD.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
Damn, that is violent
Old 10-16-2010, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
oh yeah... and a cool interesting bonus i learned yesterday was that i can now rev past 4000rpm while in park (probably also neutral but haven't tried)...

i only did this because some people wanted to hear my car... i was surprised to see it rush by 4000rpm... good thing it was real quick step on the throttle...

but it did sound even more amazing above 4000rpm... LOL

only an hour and a half more of work and i can start it up and enjoy the weather...

i also need to make a stop by the dealership to top off my oil for free, got the warning to check my oil level yesterday... i wonder why? either way, the trip to the dealership will be interesting
Old 10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB

stock

not so stock
That sounds so similar to my previous car, 2010 Camaro SS with blower, LT's, no cats, and straight through Corsa mufflers. I give you props for enjoying those cold starts. It was too much for me.

Great gains, btw.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
oh yeah... and a cool interesting bonus i learned yesterday was that i can now rev past 4000rpm while in park (probably also neutral but haven't tried)...

i only did this because some people wanted to hear my car... i was surprised to see it rush by 4000rpm... good thing it was real quick step on the throttle...

but it did sound even more amazing above 4000rpm... LOL

only an hour and a half more of work and i can start it up and enjoy the weather...

i also need to make a stop by the dealership to top off my oil for free, got the warning to check my oil level yesterday... i wonder why? either way, the trip to the dealership will be interesting
Please do report back about how they respond to the db attack that is about to be hurled upon them.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 AMG
sounds awesome! cant wait to tune mine
Old 11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
here are some pics during the install
Attached Thumbnails Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4262.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4263.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4264.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4265.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4266.jpg  

Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4267.jpg  
Old 11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
more
Attached Thumbnails Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4268.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4269.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4270.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4271.jpg   Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4272.jpg  

Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune-imgp4273.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed MBH Long Tube Headers + Eurocharged Ecu Tune