Sponsored by:

Calgary ECU tuning for c63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c63amg
Calgary ECU tuning for c63

I was at the dealership the other day and the saleman who sold me my car said there's a shop in calgary that tunes the c63?! He left before I could get the info, but anyone heard of this?? I have a 2010 c63 with all the options, including the performance package so I was always under the assumption any gains would be small from a simple ECU as merc had already squeezed out more power from the P31.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I found these guys in a Google search...

http://www.ecuprogram.com/

Click on Retail Prices in the middle of the page. Don't know anything about them. Maybe one of the Calgary members will chime in on them or others tuning in Calgary.

Tuning is a complex operation and it would be best to search around for information on tunes and tuners before you pick one. There is a lot of information on this forum if you take the time to look. Pick one you are comfortable dealing with, meets your budget and will help you achieve your goals.

These cars respond well to a tune and in conjunction with exhaust mods. Since you have the P31 package it seems there is a lot less left on the table regarding ECU tuning unless you plan to do them along with exhaust mods. There are some dynos on here for P31 cars and they are running as strong as or nearly as strong as aftermarket tuned cars.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
If you're going to tune an expensive car like your C63, I would think you would want to go with someone with a good reputation and proven numbers on the dyno and on the track. Although the companies that offer tunes are so many, the ones with proven numbers are very little: RENNtech, Kleemann, and MHP. In Europe, Brabus and MKB are good options altough are extremely expensive.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
There is a Rennntech dealer in Calgary. I would use them.

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/dealers_list.html
Old 10-24-2010, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
If you're going to tune an expensive car like your C63, I would think you would want to go with someone with a good reputation and proven numbers on the dyno and on the track. Although the companies that offer tunes are so many, the ones with proven numbers are very little: RENNtech, Kleemann, and MHP. In Europe, Brabus and MKB are good options altough are extremely expensive.
This really depends on your school of thought. All of the companies you're talking about create tunes for a generic vehicle. Most people I know, including myself, prefer to have a dyno tune made specifically for a specific vehicle. There can be many different issues that come up, and simply strapping an OTS map to your vehicle regardless of mods, isn't always the safest decision.

This is not meant to badmouth any of these companies, especially considering the numbers that they have been putting out. However, I would probably lean towards an experienced shop tuning my specific vehicle, rather than loading a tune from someone else's car with someone else's mods. This is especially true at the price point of the tunes that come on this car. For $2000+, you can get a tonne of dyno time by some very good people.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 PM

2010 c63amg
I've done my research and I am familiar with MHP, Renntech etc....I was just unaware there was a shop in Calgary that did tuning for our cars. That one link that was posted did not open?...I've also had contact via email to MHP and his reponse was the MHP v3 tune would give a little bit of gain, but not much with a car that has the p31 already. I can't remember the exact numbers, but they were not enough to make it worth my while IMO.
It's not that I am desperate for more power....with the P31 the car runs great. I've had a lot of experience taking my vehicle(s) to the local track, and I've had my c63 out 5 times, maybe 15-20 runs. I ran a 12.46 @ 114mph. When you think were 2700-3000ft above sea level, and all the times there are tyipcally 3-5mph slower, and .3-.5 sec slower, that an amazing time right off the shower room floor. Adjust that for sea level etc and we're talking 12sec.
However, if was another 40hp+ I could get on a good tune I'd explore it....it's just the response I've gotten from a few sources say the p31 leaves little room left, and may not be worth the ?? I am still researching.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
^^ You need a set of mhp headers and mhp tune and it will be more then worth it.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
In Calgary -- Tunerworks
Old 10-25-2010, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
The P31 makes the same hp as a tuned non P31. I've run with a stock P31 before in Calgary in my ecu tuned C63 and they're identical. If you're looking for more power, look into exhaust work.

Tunerworks is a great company to deal with. They just did my wheels on my Black Series. Talk to Bobby, tell him I sent you and he'll take good care of you.

Last edited by rage2; 10-25-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
This really depends on your school of thought. All of the companies you're talking about create tunes for a generic vehicle. Most people I know, including myself, prefer to have a dyno tune made specifically for a specific vehicle. There can be many different issues that come up, and simply strapping an OTS map to your vehicle regardless of mods, isn't always the safest decision.

This is not meant to badmouth any of these companies, especially considering the numbers that they have been putting out. However, I would probably lean towards an experienced shop tuning my specific vehicle, rather than loading a tune from someone else's car with someone else's mods. This is especially true at the price point of the tunes that come on this car. For $2000+, you can get a tonne of dyno time by some very good people.
Actually every single company I mentioned in my earlier post does provide custom dyno tuning and most of them will even provide custom track tuning. they do it remotely while your car is on the dyno. You can call and ask them, I've seen it done a few times. And you are absolutely correct. Getting a custom dyno tune is the way to go; it is a more tailored tune specifically for your car rather than a generic tune designed to fit many cars.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 PM

2011 C63 +P31
Calgary AMG Tuning Shop

C63 AMG Tuning

Calgary, AB, Canada

Davenport Motorsports
phone: (403) 274-7271
email: namala@davenportmotorsports.com