Sponsored by:

09 c63 accident. looks totalled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
09 c63 accident. looks totalled

i got into a horrifying accident earlier this morning. i rear ended a truck, a chevy silverado. I was going 65.(speed limit) and he was doing an improper u-turn right on the rightlane (2 lanes) with a distance of 2 car lengths in front of me and as soon as i noticed that he pulled out. i hit the brakes as hard as i could, braking down 2 seconds before the impact. i hit him good, hardd enough that my front hood is up and bentt. my front is just demolished. i had no seatbelt on I got out w/ just a scratch on my left knuckle(impact was so hard that my left hand hit the left indicator stick and broke that plastic piece which caused the minor cut). Also from the hard collision with no seatbelt. which cause me to hit my head on the windshield w/ no concussion but a small abrassion on my forehead. As i hit him from the rear end my car hits the ditch on the right and so does his but his car traveled down a little further.
the police declared that it was his fault doing the improper u-turn.
the towing guy told me my car was totaled .

i will get pics up when i am releasing my car to Statefarm.

so im thinking of a 10-11 c63, something German of course.

*Updates* definitely a total loss in my eyes let me know what you guys think.
i'm still a newbie to this forums so i couldn't find the attachments but theres the pics.

in loving memories...

Last edited by amg-09c63-amg; 11-06-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Glad you are okay. Good luck getting this sorted out. It is hard for me to relate to not wearing a seatbelt. It is an automatic part of driving for me. It would feel weird to not wear one.

You are going to be pretty sore for the next few days.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by amg-09c63-amg
i got into a horrifying accident earlier this morning. i rear ended a truck, a chevy silverado. I was going 65.(speed limit) and he was doing an improper u-turn right on the rightlane (2 lanes) with a distance of 2 car lengths in front of me and as soon as i noticed that he pulled out. i hit the brakes as hard as i could, braking down 2 seconds before the impact. i hit him good, hardd enough that my front hood is up and bentt. my front is just demolished. i had no seatbelt on I got out w/ just a scratch on my left knuckle(impact was so hard that my left hand hit the left indicator stick and broke that plastic piece which caused the minor cut). Also from the hard collision with no seatbelt. which cause me to hit my head on the windshield w/ no concussion but a small abrassion on my forehead. As i hit him from the rear end my car hits the ditch on the right and so does his but his car traveled down a little further.
the police declared that it was his fault doing the improper u-turn.
the towing guy told me my car was totaled .

i will get pics up when i am releasing my car to Statefarm.

so im thinking of a 10-11 c63, something German of course.
glad you are ok, cars can always be replaced! is it me or there is alot of C63's being totaled lately
Old 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM

2009 C63
yeah i never wear a seatbelt and because i didn't i will have to experience the pain of why i didn't wear a seatbelt . other wise i think iwould of been fine. well thanks for the heads up
Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by amg-09c63-amg
yeah i never wear a seatbelt and because i didn't i will have to experience the pain of why i didn't wear a seatbelt . other wise i think iwould of been fine. well thanks for the heads up
After you shake this off and if the car is totaled do you think you'll get another C63?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM

04 Crossfire MB 5.0L M113 V8 6spd, 05 Bagged SRT6w/55K AMG V8 ,2016 C300 Sport
Your Very Lucky! Hope you always will wear your seatbelt now .
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Wear the seatbelt & get used to it or risk going THROUGH the windshield next time

Glad you're OK. Consider yourself incredibly fortunate. I feel naked w/out my seatbelt on & I've lost friends b/c they didn't think they needed to wear seatbelts either. I don't get it.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by tasho3
glad you are ok, cars can always be replaced! is it me or there is alot of C63's being totaled lately
Ye there are....I totalled mine 3 weeks ago=( lol
Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
i used to never wear my belt. i have for more than the past few years. my wife and i were rear ended on the freeway. we were at a stop in traffic, and a chevy avalanche hit us going about 45-50, and was NOT on brakes when he hit us. i got out ok, my wife had huge contusion on her forehead which resulted in a nasty black eye(hit her head on the wheel). had we not been wearing seat belts it could have been much worse with both of us ending up in the windshield. I pray you have learned a lucky lesson, and buckle the *** up next time.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Wear the seatbelt & get used to it or risk going THROUGH the windshield next time

Glad you're OK. Consider yourself incredibly fortunate. I feel naked w/out my seatbelt on.
When people ride with me they have to wear a seatbelt. Even if they don't care about their own safety (which is important) an unrestrained occupant can fly around the cabin in an accident and devastate the other passengers.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
Glad your ok, but wear a seatbelt, if not for you but for the guy who will be scraping your face off the freeway.

Get another AMG!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Im glad that you are OK.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
how old are you? ever met someone with permanent brain damage from not wearing a seat belt?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by GBlansten
After you shake this off and if the car is totaled do you think you'll get another C63?
yes i am thinking of the 10 c63 or 10 e63 as of now. i like the new Audis with the LEDS tho... very classy.

haha you made me laugh as my head head hurts more pulsely

Originally Posted by GHAZAN
how old are you?
i am only 19, glad i will make it for my 20th birthday next month.
well thanks for the sympathetic words.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:40 PM

how old are you? ever met someone with permanent brain damage from not wearing a seat belt?
Wtf are u talking about....its his head and his brains as if you would care if something happend to him..god I hate when ppl tell me things like this..Its my life and I dont put in danger anyone excpet mysefl if i dont wear seatbelt. (BTW I do wear seatbelt all the time in my car, its just that blah blah blah that I hate) We will learn on our own...its the only way to really get it and I knw that ppl die because of that but thats how life works.

Last edited by Djovovic63; 11-04-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
Wtf are u talking about....its his head and his brains as if you would care if something happend to him..god I hate when ppl tell me things like this..Its my life and I dont put in danger anyone excpet mysefl if i dont wear seatbelt. (BTW I do wear seatbelt all the time in my car, its just that blah blah blah that I hate) We will learn on our own...its the only way to really get it and I knw that ppl die because of that but thats how life works.

lol pretty typical response, how old are you? what about his family, friends, brothers sisters? I don't care but Im sure there are people in his life that do. You learn on your own? what if your so retarded after the accident that you can't learn anymore....its called irreversible damage. and the comment I don't put anyone else life in danger...very typical also
Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 PM

2009 C63
from now i will wear the ****ing seatbelt ya'll... it has soaked in my head like a sponge today... i am so fortunately to still be here typing what has happened and still walk out with a minor bruise on my head... STILL feels like i got hit in the head by a hammer

*day one of sleeping without my c63 in the garage.
gosh it feels go cold already w/o my baby.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
You really should hire an attorney, especially if they don't total it. You'll have diminished value to claim and that won't be easy. From my being rear ended, it took 10 months to get it settled.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:19 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Even Money
You really should hire an attorney, especially if they don't total it. You'll have diminished value to claim and that won't be easy. From my being rear ended, it took 10 months to get it settled.
already did... talked to him this evening will meet up with him tomorrow morning. i will updates tomorrow. hopefully i will get to see my car. will surely take pics
Old 11-04-2010, 11:31 PM

2007 E63
lol pretty typical response, how old are you? what about his family, friends, brothers sisters? I don't care but Im sure there are people in his life that do. You learn on your own? what if your so retarded after the accident that you can't learn anymore....its called irreversible damage. and the comment I don't put anyone else life in danger...very typical also
exactly, you end up a vegetable, your family is left to take care of you. you die, friends and family are devastated over the loss. its never just "you learning on your own".
Old 11-05-2010, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Wow Sorry to hear about that. Thank god you made it out ok.
Where did this happen? Which city?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 CLS63 PP
Sorry to hear that you should wear you seatbelt again

I totaled my white C63 one month ago in back home in Dubai.Also, I had an accident last week in LA but it was not that bad just the taillight and little scratches on the rear bumper.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
So which is worse...people suggesting that the OP wear a seatbelt, or you being on a crusade against people suggesting that others wear seatbelts when it has nothing to do with you? Sorry you "hate it" when others make suggestions that could save your life. If people are telling you things like this and you hate it, look in the mirror.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 AM

Silver C63 2009
Originally Posted by Even Money
Yeah, the towing guy can't officially declare it totaled. He can ASSUME. If you have doubts I say do some damage and make sure it is totaled
Old 11-05-2010, 03:16 AM

So which is worse...people suggesting that the OP wear a seatbelt, or you being on a crusade against people suggesting that others wear seatbelts when it has nothing to do with you? Sorry you "hate it" when others make suggestions that could save your life. If people are telling you things like this and you hate it, look in the mirror.
Okay lets set this straight, first what I hate is people pretending to really mean something when they actually couldnt care less. One reason why you guys or the guy above that mentioned consequences of not wearing a seatbelt, is because they r trying to give an impression as if he more mature and intelligent and that he actually knows what the consequences are. Holy cow as if i dont know I can fly through windshield if i dnt put my seatbelt on. Ye thats some science in there...my 5 year old sister knws its dangerous.

It was his head that got smacked and if he doesnt realize it now then i really doubt that some comment like " u knw that you can have permanent brain damage" is gonna help. Obivously we DO KNOW that u can hit ur head if u dont wear seatbelt..

I mean i dnt knw maybe some people hang out with really stupid people that have IQ lower then my pug nd they dont knw that bad things can happen when you r taking more risk so they have to keep informing them of things like this.

Its not that we dont know the consequences most of us know them,but some of us are just ignorant nd dont care beacuse we think its not gonna happen to us. Some us do it more often then other but WE ALL DO IT.
Just like Will Rogers said we are all ignorant just on different subjects.

Okay I think I have written an essay hahahhahah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 09 c63 accident. looks totalled