K1 tune failing inspection for not ready status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
K1 tune failing inspection for not ready status

my failing inspection for not ready state saga continues.

I bought a 2009 CPO'd C63 from a local dealer (22k miles), I found the original owner on this forum and found out the car had a Kleemann K1 tune (huge bonus). During the CPO process or while the car was sitting at the dealer ship the battery was disconnected when it was re-connected the car failed inspection due to it being in a not ready state. Dealer said to drive the car for a while bring it back and everything would be fine.

Have driven the car for just over 1,000 miles and it is still failing for the following being still in a not ready state:
Catalytic converters - not ready
O2 - Not ready
O2 sensor heater - not ready

At time of inspection car was fully warmed up (drove about 50 miles) and just completed 2 complete OBDII drive cycles (which are painful).

So the question, does the K1 tune turn off O2 sensors? Shouldn't right? I don't really want to tell the dealer the car has a tune because I don't want to lose it.

Next step, they recommended leaving the car overnight so they can try and test it while it is cold. That plan seems to have fail written all over it. But they sold the car CPO'd as it sits so I figure if I leave it they will probably just throw a sticker on it to make me go away.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
didn't you already have a thread on this? My thoughts I think only the K2 tune for headers deletes O2 sensors unless specifically requested during a K1.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:12 PM
PCH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
Why not conatact the original owner and or Kleemann for help.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
I don't know how testing it "cold" is going to cure a 'not ready' condition. 'Not ready' means that the equipment has not gone through enough cycles and has not collected enough data for the computer to assess whether the equipment works. Driving the car over time will cure it.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by ATL_MB
I don't know how testing it "cold" is going to cure a 'not ready' condition. 'Not ready' means that the equipment has not gone through enough cycles and has not collected enough data for the computer to assess whether the equipment works. Driving the car over time will cure it.

have put just over 1,000 miles on it still in not ready state. I think they just want me to leave it so they can slap a sticker on it without doing anything. whatever I just want a sticker at this point.

I'll shoot Kleemann an email with the car's VIN hopefully they keep a record of tunes. It's not the original owers problem at this point I bought the car from a dealer but he was a nice enough guy I'll send him an email as well.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by JeffDL
have put just over 1,000 miles on it still in not ready state. I think they just want me to leave it so they can slap a sticker on it without doing anything. whatever I just want a sticker at this point.

I'll shoot Kleemann an email with the car's VIN hopefully they keep a record of tunes. It's not the original owers problem at this point I bought the car from a dealer but he was a nice enough guy I'll send him an email as well.
Call Cory at Kleemann, he is a very nice guy and always willing to help. Don't leave it at the dealership because if they discover the tune, it's bye-bye warranty.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Got in touch with original owner it is just the standard K1 tune. The dealer cpo'd the car with the tune so worst case they flash over the tune. I hope to here from Kleemann next week.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Please send me an email- cory@kleemannusa.com

We'll be happy to take care of that for you, ASAP.

Got in touch with original owner it is just the standard K1 tune. The dealer cpo'd the car with the tune so worst case they flash over the tune. I hope to here from Kleemann next week.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Cory @ Kleemann
Please send me an email- cory@kleemannusa.com

We'll be happy to take care of that for you, ASAP.

email sent. thanks Cory.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Kleemann stepped up huge here. Big thanks to Cory for getting this sorted. Customer service is second to none over at Kleemann.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
So what was causing it to read out that way? The info would be helpful to the board. My original K1 tune ran very rich on the dyno (10's and flatlined off the chart) I had James @ ACGSD reflash with another file and that corrected the A/F ratio.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
So what was causing it to read out that way? The info would be helpful to the board. My original K1 tune ran very rich on the dyno (10's and flatlined off the chart) I had James @ ACGSD reflash with another file and that corrected the A/F ratio.
Tune was an early version and had O2 sensors turned off. I would guess so it wouldn't throw a CEL. Getting reflashed and will have it back for Thursday.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 20 Porsche 911 (sold), 09 C63(sold), Vipers (sold)
Great to see dealers (ie Kleemann) standing behind their products!!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Kleemann stepped up huge here. Big thanks to Cory for getting this sorted. Customer service is second to none over at Kleemann.
+1 Glad to hear it all got sorted out. Cory and Kleemann FTW
Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 PM

shouldn't customer get notified automatically though when a new file is available? Sounds like bad customer service to begin with.