M3, M5, M6 Killed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benzo larenzo
Originally Posted by propain
The M3 with exhaust I think was the same dude I raced before. I posted a kill about it. From a roll at about 50 I beat him by 2 cars at least.

From a dig I was about 1 car.
i will be Running one this week, supposedly stock.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by badblackbenz550
i will be Running one this week, supposedly stock.
Stock M3 Vs C63 tuned? Or Stock Vs Stock?

Stock vs Stock its anyone's race. Depends on reaction and how you get out of the hole.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned

benzo larenzo
Stock M3 Vs C63 tuned? Or Stock Vs Stock?

Stock vs Stock its anyone's race. Depends on reaction and how you get out of the hole.
tuned clk550 vs stock M3
Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by SMP
All M6's come standard with 19's. Some are equipped with a 6 speed manual, which is a bad combination, since the V10 was designed specifically for the 7 speed SMG. From a 25 mph roll, you'll destroy it, no matter what transmission the M6 has. But on top, there is no destroying, trust me. The SMG has to be in S6, which means TC off, and the shifts are instantaneous and brutal. With an 8200 rpm redline, better gearing at those speeds and an automated sequential gear box compared to an automatic transmission, the C63 is not going to pull on it. It would take a little more than a tune to do so.
I understand that you have personal experience with these cars. And your experiences and opinions are very informative.

But, Propain told us what happened, and he doesn't BS, so even though your experiences say otherwise, in this case, a tuned C63 did pull on an M6 with an exhaust mod.

Perhaps the M6 was a manual like you said. Or perhaps the M6 wasn't in the right transmission/traction control setting to be at it's best. Also, perhaps the driver isn't as good as Propain, but he was good enough to beat Propain one time, so he obviously knows how to handle his car well enough.

Anyway, these are my thoughts on this matter. I do understand your skepticism given your personal experiences.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 11-22-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I try! But every post leads to a measuring contest. Everyone just put their size in their sigs and get it over with! (with video apparently)

Yes, quite the car. I was impressed. With the exhaust done it sounded sick.

SMP: I posted again above. The guy texted my friend and said hes running 21's. Maybe he lifted.. I don't know.. All I know is at 135-140 I was creeping up. Again though, the stock M6 never caught up or had a chance. I cut off at 140 and he was showing no signs of gaining.
Nice runs--- 21 inch wheels are tanks and will definitely slow down the M6--- did you ever find out if it was a 6 speed or SMG? A 6 speed is definitely deficient to an SMG in rolling races and add in the 21's and its definitely a slower M6. I had a fairly heavily modded M6 (sans headers) but it had 20's so it was fast and looked better than most but I took my lumps against similar modded M6's with the forged 19's- small lumps

Either way congrats!!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
I understand that you have personal experience with these cars. And your experiences and opinions are very informative.

But, Propain told us what happened, and he doesn't BS, so even though your experiences say otherwise, in this case, a tuned C63 did pull on an M6 with an exhaust mod.

Perhaps the M6 was a manual like you said. Or perhaps the M6 wasn't in the right transmission/traction control setting to be at it's best. Also, perhaps the driver isn't as good as Propain, but he was good enough to beat Propain one time, so he obviously knows how to handle his car well enough.

Anyway, these are my thoughts on this matter. I do understand your skepticism given your personal experiences.
I never said propain is a BS'er. I said I doubt walking an M6 at those speeds. Of course there are quite a few variables in a street race. First, whoever is a fraction late on the throttle of the two, will most likely loose. Second, having the M6 in the right settings is very important. And third, to chicken-out at 120 when the M6 really comes alive, does not help either Anyway, I'm not here to argue, just giving my opinion.

BTW, nice post Sonny
Old 11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Vic55
Nice runs--- 21 inch wheels are tanks and will definitely slow down the M6--- did you ever find out if it was a 6 speed or SMG? A 6 speed is definitely deficient to an SMG in rolling races and add in the 21's and its definitely a slower M6. I had a fairly heavily modded M6 (sans headers) but it had 20's so it was fast and looked better than most but I took my lumps against similar modded M6's with the forged 19's- small lumps

Either way congrats!!
Yeah I kept trying to say it. The passenger and the 21's was probably the reason.

Although Jon and I both ran him again and he didnt have the passenger and that time and we both beat him. Its an SMG for sure.

All fun on the street. Reaction times differ and all that business. On the track im not sure how they would match up. The Stock M6 would be beat, but the one with headers im not so sure.

When Jon gets back from ATCO he can chime in on his runs with the M6 as well.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by SMP
I never said propain is a BS'er. I said I doubt walking an M6 at those speeds. Of course there are quite a few variables in a street race. First, whoever is a fraction late on the throttle of the two, will most likely loose. Second, having the M6 in the right settings is very important. And third, to chicken-out at 120 when the M6 really comes alive, does not help either Anyway, I'm not here to argue, just giving my opinion.

BTW, nice post Sonny
Thanks, SMP. I've enjoyed reading your contributions to this thread. Definitely learned something about the M6 today.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Yeah I kept trying to say it. The passenger and the 21's was probably the reason.

Although Jon and I both ran him again and he didnt have the passenger and that time and we both beat him. Its an SMG for sure.

All fun on the street. Reaction times differ and all that business. On the track im not sure how they would match up. The Stock M6 would be beat, but the one with headers im not so sure.

When Jon gets back from ATCO he can chime in on his runs with the M6 as well.
I cant wait for Jon's comments--- it will be all about his amazing factory freak

I totally can relate to you in regards to who wins (reaction times, conditions, etc)... especially being an owner on the M6 side. One really needs to be ready (seriously ready) and in the right RPM range to get useful power. But if the driver is in that sweetspot (6k) its a blast to drive and the car really moves. AMG's always scared me from a dig and in non pre meditated rolling races cause a simple mash and the lead would take some time to chip away. You should see a dyno chart of the S85 engine in the M6/M5... its like a roller coaster at the start of the ride; its a steep curve but only towards the higher rpm's. The lower rpm curves leave something to be desired but the car does have less parasitic loss being a true manual and lack of TQ converter. As I always willsay, the M6 is an 8/10ths car or more meaning you have to be on it 80% of the time or better to truly get all out of it.

My M6 in stock format was slower-- but then I got a Jeremy tune, RPI scoops, and a MeisterSeoul (LOL) cat back exhaust. If I had headers and a mid pipe it would have been even faster.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP

BTW, nice post Sonny
I start to think about chickening out after 140 on the street. 160+ MPH doesnt look pretty to a cop hiding in the bushes. Not that 140 does. But I think I can talk myself out of going to jail doing 140. I dont think anyone can at 160.

I leave that to Jon who has gone beyond 160 racing the jeep guy.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I cant wait for Jon's comments--- it will be all about his amazing factory freak

I totally can relate to you in regards to who wins (reaction times, conditions, etc)... especially being an owner on the M6 side. One really needs to be ready (seriously ready) and in the right RPM range to get useful power. But if the driver is in that sweetspot (6k) its a blast to drive and the car really moves. AMG's always scared me from a dig and in non pre meditated rolling races cause a simple mash and the lead would take some time to chip away. You should see a dyno chart of the S85 engine in the M6/M5... its like a roller coaster at the start of the ride; its a steep curve but only towards the higher rpm's. The lower rpm curves leave something to be desired but the car does have less parasitic loss being a true manual and lack of TQ converter. As I always willsay, the M6 is an 8/10ths car or more meaning you have to be on it 80% of the time or better to truly get all out of it.

My M6 in stock format was slower-- but then I got a Jeremy tune, RPI scoops, and a MeisterSeoul (LOL) cat back exhaust. If I had headers and a mid pipe it would have been even faster.
I wouldnt want to face that OE tuned M6 thats for sure.

The guy in the M6 said he had exhaust but no tune for the record. All his M3 friends however rolled their eyes and said "yeaah right"

and yes, no matter what Jon will come back from ATCO with a faster car than everyone there. lol
Old 11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
I start to think about chickening out after 140 on the street. 160+ MPH doesnt look pretty to a cop hiding in the bushes. Not that 140 does. But I think I can talk myself out of going to jail doing 140. I dont think anyone can at 160.

A few years ago, I was unfortunate enough to find out personally. I was in my 996 TT and passed a DEA in one of those impounded unmarked POS cars. It was around 6:30 in the morning, hardly any cars on the road in no man's land. I had the glorious idea of winding out 4th and 5th gear to red line. BTW, almost 10 years ago, that was a FAST car. It had all kind of nice upgrades, like wheels, suspension, engine, seats, short shift kit and roll bar. I was coming up to a small town and lifted, going the speed limit. An officer with a radar gun was waiting for me. Since I was going the speed limit, he was out of luck. But, he pulled me over anyhow. The only reason I didn't go to jail, there was no radar reading and the DEA's car shut down at 120. So, no speedo reading either. I still got a reckless though. To be honest, it wasn't the fine of the ticket that killed me. It was the 3.5 years of paying through my nose for the insurance, since I owned nothing but high performance 2 door coupes at that time. Plus, for 3 years I couldn't have a moving violation.

Needless to say, all that put a damper on my high speed enthusiasm
Old 11-22-2010, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
A few years ago, I was unfortunate enough to find out personally. I was in my 996 TT and passed a DEA in one of those impounded unmarked POS cars. It was around 6:30 in the morning, hardly any cars on the road in no man's land. I had the glorious idea of winding out 4th and 5th gear to red line. BTW, almost 10 years ago, that was a FAST car. It had all kind of nice upgrades, like wheels, suspension, engine, seats, short shift kit and roll bar. I was coming up to a small town and lifted, going the speed limit. An officer with a radar gun was waiting for me. Since I was going the speed limit, he was out of luck. But, he pulled me over anyhow. The only reason I didn't go to jail, there was no radar reading and the DEA's car shut down at 120. So, no speedo reading either. I still got a reckless though. To be honest, it wasn't the fine of the ticket that killed me. It was the 3.5 years of paying through my nose for the insurance, since I owned nothing but high performance 2 door coupes at that time. Plus, for 3 years I couldn't have a moving violation.

Yes, im no stranger myself. I lost my license for the 3rd time and it was revoked in the same location we were running. 155 in a 55. Car towed and taken to jail. Not fun at all. 2 suspension and a revoke later I retook my road test at 23. You can imagine how much my insurance was for a long long time.

Im more of a 0-60 maybe 100 type these days unless at the track.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SMP

My attorney owns me... But I have got out of 15 of 16 tickets in the past 4 years.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)

wow you must be quite the sweet talker and there must be some really gullible cops in your neck of the woods--no way in hell they don't haul your *** into jail out here, especially the troopers
and I wouldn't be surprised if they give you a little beat down too and good luck with your car not getting damaged on the tow out
Old 11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
My attorney owns me... But I have got out of 15 of 16 tickets in the past 4 years.
At least a third party owns you ... after that little stunt, my wife was the proud primary driver of the 996 for insurance reasons. She was with me when it happened, and although she's always been supportive of my car habit and driving style, wasn't very happy with me for a while.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Not that 140 does. But I think I can talk myself out of going to jail doing 140. I dont think anyone can at 160.
Actually, I'm quite interested in how one might even managed to talk themself out of going to jail for anything over 120, nevermind 140 or 160. Please enlighten us...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Hey Propain, I sense another epic thread. lol
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Actually, I'm quite interested in how one might even managed to talk themself out of going to jail for anything over 120, nevermind 140 or 160. Please enlighten us...

I have my ways. If we meet in person one day ill enlighten you more. Nothing I would write on a forum that's for sure.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I have my ways. If we meet in person one day ill enlighten you more. Nothing I would write on a forum that's for sure.

We shall meet one day for sure my friend!!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I lost my license for speeding years ago before I was a "responsible adult" and I think my wife would have a complete fit if I got busted going 140MPH+
She doesn't even like when I tell stories about racing cars years ago and the many wrecks I've had.
It's really her biggest pet peeve, my driving
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Hey Propain, I sense another epic thread. lol

LOL... these guys don't skip a beat... Anything I say on here someone needs to pick apart. Gotta love the forums!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by black-clk500
I lost my license for speeding years ago before I was a "responsible adult" and I think my wife would have a complete fit if I got busted going 140MPH+
She doesn't even like when I tell stories about racing cars years ago and the many wrecks I've had.
It's really her biggest pet peeve, my driving

I start to tell my wife and she stops me in my tracks.. puts the hand up and says "I dont wanna know"
Old 11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
We shall meet one day for sure my friend!!

First at TTM... get you a tune... then lets do it!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I start to tell my wife and she stops me in my tracks.. puts the hand up and says "I dont wanna know"
I feel ya there--I just remind my wife that the life insurance is all paid up
I'd love to know your magic secret too, $h!t I'm proud of myself when I talk myself out of tickets in the 80MPH range, etc.--I've never been pinched for reckless speeding (knock on wood) I was chased once.
The cop was on the other side of the highway (driving the opposite direction) and I was doing 120MPH+ and I was alone on a empty highway--he threw his lights on and crossed the median after me, but I got off the highway quick and hid for a little while and went home back roads--closest I've been to being caught reckless

Last edited by black-clk500; 11-22-2010 at 08:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3, M5, M6 Killed