Sponsored by:

Free 2011 AMG Driving Academy Basic Training for New AMG Purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2007 X5
Free 2011 AMG Driving Academy Basic Training for New AMG Purchase

Just got an email from amgacademy.com. Too bad I purchased my c63 3 months ago.

New AMG Purchase Rewards Program.

Purchasing or leasing a new Mercedes-AMG vehicle just got racier with the addition of a complimentary AMG Driving Academy session for owners to personally experience the excitement of motorsports and the track capabilities of Mercedes-AMG high-performance luxury vehicles.

The new owner benefit for customers purchasing or leasing a new AMG vehicle in the U.S. as of December 31, 2010, encompasses an intense one-day track program that focuses on performance driving dynamics. Under the guidance of top professional instructors, the AMG Driving Academy teaches the fundamentals of car control maneuvers using customized exercises, and progresses to a set of high-speed exercises that make use of the entire track.

The complimentary AMG Driving Academy owner benefit applies only to the Basic program, is non-transferable, and is valid for one year after the purchaser takes ownership of a new AMG vehicle as of December 31, 2010. All AMG vehicles used throughout the program are provided by the AMG Driving Academy.

Email from AMGacademy.com
Hi,
Unfortunately the Purchase Rewards program is for anyone purchasing a new AMG on or after 12/31/10, or taking delivery of it after that date.

Otherwise we would love to have you participate in the program. It would be great to see you at one of the programs at either Road Atlanta, Lime Rock Park (CT), or Laguna Seca Raceway (CA) this coming year. Note: The dates for Laguna Seca are still being finalized and will be available within a within a about a month.

We offer three distinct programs this year - 1) Basic ($1,595), 2) Advanced ($2,995), and 3) Pro ($3,695) - that will be conducted at Laguna Seca Raceway (CA), Road Atlanta (GA), and Lime Rock Park (CT) (Lodging is not included in the cost). In addition to the information regarding the programs and the schedule that is located on the website (www.AMGAcademy.com), is there anything specific that I can provide you with information on?

You can contact an Academy advisor at 800-217-6916 and they will provide you with additional information and can sign you up for anyone of the dates. We look forward to seeing you at a future event. Thanks and if you have any additional questions after you have spoken with the advisor please let us know.

Regards

Consecutively please find the schedule for the AMG Driving Academy:

Road Atlanta, GA
March –
• 14 BASIC
• 15 BASIC
• 16 BASIC
April –
• BASIC
• BASIC (PRIVATE LOUNGE ONLY)
• 3-4 ADVANCED
• 5 BASIC
• 7 BASIC
• 8 BASIC
• 9-11 PRO

Lime Rock, CT
May
• 12 BASIC
• 13 BASIC (PRIVATE LOUNGE ONLY)
• 14 BASIC
• 16-17 ADVANCED
• 18 BASIC
June
• 14 BASIC
• 15 BASIC
• 16 BASIC

Laguna Seca, CA
Laguna Seca is confirmed as our 3rd track and dates will be announced in December
**(PRIVATE LOUNGE BASIC & ADVANCED TO BE OFFERED – dates TBD)

Laszlo Nagy
AMG Driving Academy – USA
Toll-Free: 800-217-6916
E-mail: LNagy@AMGacademy.com
Old 11-29-2010, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
It is drag for those who have just taken delivery and won't have access to the freebie, but they are offering 20% discount if you book before Jan 15th on all courses and also offer special dates and prices for those you who are members of the Private Lounge as per below. If you want to take one of these courses which are great time, then get the 20% discount now or sign-up for Private Lounge and get access to their special PL only days and discounts. I have signed up for the Pro event at Road Atlanta in April so hope to meet some of you there.

Dear AMG Private Lounge Members,

The AMG Private Lounge and Mercedes-Benz USA is pleased to announce the continuation of the AMG Driving Academy, the world renowned driver training program, beginning March, 2011 with three distinct programs, Basic, Advanced and Pro. As a true performance driving school, the AMG Driving Academy offers participants custom-designed, hands-on lessons in dynamic, high-performance driving by world-class professional driving and racing instructors. Unlike competitive manufacturers’ programs, the AMG Driving Academy is the only such program offered coast-to-coast at three of the nation’s premier race tracks.

As a part of the 2011 AMG Driving Academy program we are excited to announce exclusive AMG Private Lounge only dates and discounts available to our AMG Private Lounge members. We will be offering AMG Private Lounge members a 25% discount if you register by January 15th for the AMG Private Lounge only dates. If you register after January 15th you will still get a discount but it will be reduced to 20%. If you would like to attend any non-AMG Private Lounge day BASIC, ADVANCED or PRO training program you will be able to take advantage of a 20% discount at anytime throughout the year.

For 2011 the U.S. AMG Driving Academy dedicated AMG Private Lounge dates are as followed:

April 2nd - BASIC Training at Road Atlanta

With your discount the cost to attend is:

• Register by Jan 15th $1196.25*
• After January 15th $1276.00*

*Original price $1595.00

May 13th - BASIC Training at Lime Rock

With your discount the cost to attend is:

*Original price $1595.00

Date TBD - BASIC & ADVANCED Training at Laguna Seca

For the discounted BASIC program your cost to attend is:

*Original price $1595.00

For the discounted ADVANCED program your cost to attend is:

• Register by Jan 15th $2246.25*
• After January 15th $2396.00*

*Original price $2995.00

To register for the AMG Private Lounge only days you must call the following number to reserve your spot: 1-800-217-6916 You will not be able to register online for the dedicated AMG Private Lounge only dates.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Very good info here, thanks for posting guys I've done the BASIC training in the past and it was a blast
Old 11-29-2010, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Very good info here, thanks for posting guys I've done the BASIC training in the past and it was a blast
If you have more of a blast, try the advanced/pro with SLSs!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Originally Posted by harrower
This is true, few months back i was invited to go to Vegas all expenses paid for (except for plane ticket) before the SLS was launched with all AMG vehicle for a track day was that amazing! I would love to go back!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by harrower
Actually we spent more than half the time with the SLSs in the Basic training over here but I'm always looking forward to more SLS time
Old 12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
thanks for posting this info guys--I just gave myself an early Xmas present, but I can't redeem it until May!
I just booked my "basic training" for May 13( the PL date) at Lime Rock--I'm in New England so this is the closest track for me.
The lady told me that the SLS is included in the Basic course along with the C63, E63, Sl63, SLK55 and the SLS.
Really nice lady and she gave me the play by play for the day and it's an all day affair from 7:30am to 5:30pm.
I'm so pumped that I got the dicounted price for the PL date too
Thanks again guys--some of you New England/TriState guys should go on that date!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Actually we spent more than half the time with the SLSs in the Basic training over here but I'm always looking forward to more SLS time
Sounds like a good time. The aspect of the advanced/pro level is that they tend to push a little harder on the guided laps which allows you to experience the car in different circumstances.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by black-clk500
thanks for posting this info guys--I just gave myself an early Xmas present, but I can't redeem it until May!
I just booked my "basic training" for May 13( the PL date) at Lime Rock--I'm in New England so this is the closest track for me.
The lady told me that the SLS is included in the Basic course along with the C63, E63, Sl63, SLK55 and the SLS.
Really nice lady and she gave me the play by play for the day and it's an all day affair from 7:30am to 5:30pm.
I'm so pumped that I got the dicounted price for the PL date too
Thanks again guys--some of you New England/TriState guys should go on that date!
Sounds great. The price you can't beat with the PL days and the discount they offer for PL members. Seems they have retired the CLK63 BS from the line-up as they were getting old and apparently one of the red ones blew its engine at one of the last events. But hey, you get the SLS so a good trade. Enjoy...I am sure you will have a great time and meet some really cool people at the event.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
yeah, she didn't mention the CLKBS which is too bad, but I guess they're using the SLS for the replacement--maybe we'll get lucky and they'll take a CLKBS out of the mothballs for us
thanks again for the info Dave.