C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Titanium lug bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Titanium lug bolts

We are thinking about offering titanium lug bolts but we are trying to figure out if people would be willing to pay a premium for them. I would have to order a minimum of 1500 pieces so it is a rather large investment for us. I could probably sell them for $25.00 a piece which is far cheaper than I have ever seen them sold for. Usually they are in the $75.00 a piece range. At that price a set of 20 would cost $500.00. I already know about 5 people that I can put there names on them for so that would be 100 pieces but I would need to pre-sell more than that to make an investment this size.

If you would want a set and would be willing to make a 25% non-refundable deposit for them then add your name to the list. The deposit will be for $125.00 and I can have them about 4 weeks after we get to about 400 pieces which will be 20 cars and that seems feasible.

Add name to list
1)
Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Am I one of the 5
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by dodger63
Am I one of the 5
Of course you are you maniac.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
How much weight is actually saved?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
How much weight is actually saved?
I will get the weight of the titanium ones in grams and compare them. we are dealing with small numbers however, how much do lug bolts actually weight anyway. The good part about it is that it will be weight off the best place possible in the car so it will translate to the most performance per pound saved at least.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
I will get the weight of the titanium ones in grams and compare them. we are dealing with small numbers however, how much do lug bolts actually weight anyway. The good part about it is that it will be weight off the best place possible in the car so it will translate to the most performance per pound saved at least.
Aren't we trying to pick fly stuff out of pepper with the weight savings here? Lighter rotors, lighter calipers, no center caps, no valve stem caps, eliminate wheel balance weights. take the paint/powder coat off of the wheels; at some point this is getting a little absurd especially on cars that are overweight to start with.

Last edited by lkirchner; 12-02-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: correct
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by lkirchner
Aren't we trying to pick fly stuff out of pepper with the weight savings here? Lighter rotors, lighter calipers, no center caps, no valve stem caps, eliminate wheel balance weights. take the paint/powder coat off of the wheels; at some point this is getting a little absurd especially on cars that are overweight to start with.
Yes, we are trying to do exactly what you say but the titanium lug nuts are fairly popular because they are titanium and people really like to have titanium, on the car just like they like to have carbon. It is just another product that we can have if people are interested in it and I am willing to make the big investment is I can get 20 people on board.

I'm not trying to gouge anyone here or push a product to people that is not wanted. I just thought it may be something that is cool to have and it is the first time I have seen them available at a price like this. I have lug nuts starting at $3.00 although these are definitely our most expensive ones at $25.00 but I think there are a few people that may be interested in these.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:23 PM

2012 C63 Black Series Coupe
Here's a post from a dealer selling these for Ferraris. I'm only including this because he shows the exact weight savings between the factory bolts and the Ti ones:

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/458-...lications.html

I think this is a lovely type of automotive jewelry, but I'd be very interested in knowing more about the producer and the country of origin. Your pricing sounds good, but makes me cautious as it sounds a little too good to match the quality I'd want in these parts.

Put me on your list, with an asterisk for "tentative, pending more information".
Old 12-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by brt3
Here's a post from a dealer selling these for Ferraris. I'm only including this because he shows the exact weight savings between the factory bolts and the Ti ones:

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/458-...lications.html

I think this is a lovely type of automotive jewelry, but I'd be very interested in knowing more about the producer and the country of origin. Your pricing sounds good, but makes me cautious as it sounds a little too good to match the quality I'd want in these parts.

Put me on your list, with an asterisk for "tentative, pending more information".
Like all of our trick lug bolts that we have, these are made in Japan.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I know this is probably going to throw a wrench in the mix but I would like a set. However, they will need to be a little longer than the stock ones. My aftermarket HRE wheels came with longer lug bolts because the stock were too short. Any chance they would even consider this?? TIA for your help.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Dads C63
I know this is probably going to throw a wrench in the mix but I would like a set. However, they will need to be a little longer than the stock ones. My aftermarket HRE wheels came with longer lug bolts because the stock were too short. Any chance they would even consider this?? TIA for your help.
Tomorrow I will look into some things and I will let you know.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
Tomorrow I will look into some things and I will let you know.
No!!! Craig that man is the enemy!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Can you possibly give me a length on the ones that you currently have. If you can measure from under the shank to the tip (thread length), that would be helpful.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
PGT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E550 4Matic with P1/LED/Pano
love the thread pruning to protect market share.