Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
BTW I don't care if this thread has 111 pages, I'm enjoying it.
I can't believe Paul or whatever his name is, from FW hasn't tried to save his sinking ship--and he's going to film a show about this forum, which can't stand him
I guess it's too late for FW to recover it's reputation on here and at least with me--sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, unless dodger and mthis get the call to go and FW apologizes to us--I won't hold my breathe

Last edited by black-clk500; 01-03-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by black-clk500
LZH, you're right about the sponsorship, but you're missing the point here (all 11 pages) Forum Wars rigged this thing by selecting whom they wanted on the show and Traitor has had little interest in embracing his comrades, hence why he's taking a beating on here.

Now I agree with Sonny, and it's been said before, w/o LSD and a skilled driver it's all for nothing regardless.

In a perfect world, we could have nominated whom we wanted and he could have gotten sponsorships from tuners, etc. and we would have beat the M fans (I restrained my wording) easily--sadly Paul over at FW wants a couple of young kids to drive these cars so other teenage kids can say, "wow, I want to be like those two dorks, mommy can I have an M3"
And I'm still not convinced Paul's not into little boys(that's the jest part I was talking about Sonny)

This thing is dead in the water and is not going to be a true representation of what it could have been, that's why so many have gotten pissed, myself included
Yes, indeed.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm going to move the poll thread ttt, in case we have more stragglers
Old 01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
LZH, you're right about the sponsorship, but you're missing the point here (all 11 pages) Forum Wars rigged this thing by selecting whom they wanted on the show and Traitor has had little interest in embracing his comrades, hence why he's taking a beating on here.

Now I agree with Sonny, and it's been said before, w/o LSD and a skilled driver it's all for nothing regardless.

In a perfect world, we could have nominated whom we wanted and he could have gotten sponsorships from tuners, etc. and we would have beat the M fans (I restrained my wording) easily--sadly Paul over at FW wants a couple of young kids to drive these cars so other teenage kids can say, "wow, I want to be like those two dorks, mommy can I have an M3"
And I'm still not convinced Paul's not into little boys(that's the jest part I was talking about Sonny)

This thing is dead in the water and is not going to be a true representation of what it could have been, that's why so many have gotten pissed, myself included
+1. Trattor doesn't represent the forum and doesn't know how to drive on the track. Should have never agreed to this. That's the bottom line. The rest is just noise.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I guess this is going nowhere unless we all help out. How much is the LSD? Part and installation? Anyway, I don't mind helping out .... I'm in for $100, wired to where ever it needs to be.

Anyone else?
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SMP
I guess this is going nowhere unless we all help out. How much is the LSD? Part and installation? Anyway, I don't mind helping out .... I'm in for $100, wired to where ever it needs to be.

Anyone else?
I offered a c-note much earlier in the game, but that was for dodger and mthis --I'm not giving Traitor a dime
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM

2011 Bmw 335is
Originally Posted by SMP

Anyone else?
i appreciate that you dont mind helping my bro out but theres only a few days left. and i have no clue what hes doing in houston, maybe practicing track or getting mods ready im not sure. but anything would help, i just wish someone would sponsor my bro n help him out a few parts or so..

so for the guy who said im a fanboy? eff the m3, i can give a rats A about M3's i spank stock m3 over here any day with my TT V6, i dislike m3 for such a small V8 that dont have torque to even spit rubber. im full support to my bro and his c63 and backing him up all the way. thats the main reason i made an account to come here to see how this turns out, dont be surprise if you see me sneak paul on live tv because i can careless for him and for his stupidity hes done in this so call FW, hes gotten on my last nerve

Last edited by EnjoixTheRide; 01-03-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM

10 C63
So what it sounds like is that a young Jack Black and his M3 have the stage set to spank the C63....since they got the show rigged
Old 01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by EnjoixTheRide
i appreciate that you dont mind helping my bro out but theres only a few days left. and i have no clue what hes doing in houston, maybe practicing track or getting mods ready im not sure. but anything would help, i just wish someone would sponsor my bro n help him out a few parts or so..

so for the guy who said im a fanboy? eff the m3, i can give a rats A about M3's i spank stock m3 over here any day with my TT V6, i dislike m3 for such a small V8 that dont have torque to even spit rubber. im full support to my bro and his c63 and backing him up all the way. thats the main reason i made an account to come here to see how this turns out, dont be surprise if you see me sneak paul on live tv because i can careless for him and for his stupidity hes done in this so call FW, hes gotten on my last nerve

I think money towards mods, as you guys have mentioned, is useless. Sure an LSD would be nice, but I think this kid should be honing his track skills. The best money spent for this guy would be an advanced car control class with some time on the track with an instructor.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
I offered a c-note much earlier in the game, but that was for dodger and mthis --I'm not giving Traitor a dime
tnx bud
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mthis
tnx bud
Anytime
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by EnjoixTheRide

Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by LZH
If all you C63 guys are so worried that our contender is gonna get beat (and worried is accurate considering this thread has gone 10 pages) - then why don't you guys sponsor our guy ?? A tune and headers should be enough for the worst driver to beat this M3, right ? Why not approach Andy MHP and have him donate the mods in exchange for putting a huge *** "MHP" sticker somewhere on the C63 ?? Can't beat those (somewhat) free advertising dollars on national TV
Why, cause mthis and I don't need sponsors we are prePaired to defend our forum and cars 100% with zero sponsors necc. That's the whole point here.. And if you read through the Problem is forum wars was putting a tune only c63 against a supercharged m3..
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM

2011 Bmw 335is
Originally Posted by LZH
I think money towards mods, as you guys have mentioned, is useless. Sure an LSD would be nice, but I think this kid should be honing his track skills. The best money spent for this guy would be an advanced car control class with some time on the track with an instructor.
LSD is about 1200 right? if only he sold his rims, he could of gotten headers and an LSD im not sure for the power but i think my bro got the guy in the drag race. but for the 2nd part i dont know if its still 0-100-0 or a slalom because that sh&% looks hard. and track im not 100% if my bro will do well
Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 PM

2011 Bmw 335is
Originally Posted by dodger63
Why, cause mthis and I don't need sponsors we are prePaired to defend our forum and cars 100% with zero sponsors necc. That's the whole point here.. And if you read through the Problem is forum wars was putting a tune only c63 against a supercharged m3..

yeah i was surprised myself. and yet he still wanetd to let the show roll vs a 650 horsepower m3 vs a tune on c63 that problay would be about 500
Old 01-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Looking for E63
Sorry guys. We are really busy here working with over 20 forums and 20 cars. We are not rigging anything and don't care who wins. We want to make a good show, with fairly matched cars, and create something fun for forum members.

As of right now the two people that stepped up with closely matched cars are Tatorr and Drake. We saw your poll and know that Mthis or Dodger63 would be great, but the supercharged M3 backed out and it doesn't seem like a fair match up with Drake's M3.

We are open to suggestions...
Old 01-03-2011, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
It's probably too late to make a change at this late stage of the game. You have two drivers who are traveling across country to participate.

Perhaps you can offer a 2nd match up at a later date with highly modified M3 VS highly modified C63? You can tell by this 11 pages of ranting that you have a SERIOUS forum war on your hands

Thanks for popping in for some input.

Is Trattor in town? If so Houston C63 owners or any AMG owners with track experience should be meeting with him for some racing instruction. How to stage, how to launch, how to setup the car for 1/4 mile and autocross... tire pressure, etc.....
Will Houston Raceway park offer some test-n-tune time the day before the event? A half day at the drag strip will be very useful.

A set of Longtubes and a tune and LSD would really help our lad out!

Last edited by betrezra; 01-03-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
This thread is ridiculous. I can't believe I read through all that...

Firstly, you guys need to cool it. No more personal attacks, no more swearing, none of this. Come on now, are some of you that insecure that you have to knock on these kids? Or that you're so insecure that you're worried about the reputation of the forum, AMG, your cars, etc., if the C63 loses on this show?

The concept of Forum Wars is not like the Top Gear test track/hot laps board. This is driver and personal car vs. driver and personal car and it doesn't tell you what car is best. It's meant to be for fun and for ratings. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

You guys are clamoring that you guys couldn't get any better representatives. Well, maybe you guys didn't chime in and contact them quickly enough. They need to finalize their plans as well and I don't think whoever is funding them is willing to provide them with additional funding because there was a change in participant.

Talk all you want about how the match-ups on the previous forum wars shows were not fair. You all know what happened to GTPro's C63, he was supposed to go up against PencilGeek's M3, and NOT that M5 with the ridiculous 20's. I in fact knew of one person who was approved and supposed to be on the show. He had a lightly modded M5. They were looking for a similarly modded E63. This is So. Cal. How many E63's are here in So. Cal.? THOUSANDS. Well, how many E63's decided to throw their hats in to compete against the M5? NONE. NADA. ZIP.

It's fun to talk **** and hide behind a computer, but at least give these guys props for trying.

Any more personal insults and **** talking WILL result in bans being issued.

P.S. Some of you guys really need to learn how to write.

Last edited by nlpamg; 01-03-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
ForumWars: How was Tattor fair when it was against the ESS M3??? This was giving at least 100hp more for the M couple with a lighter car??
Your response does not make any sense.
It goes down to this basic point: the one going to your show must be approved by the forum per your rules and right now it is obvious Tatorr is not.
We are not asking Dad's car to go, just a member approved by the majority of us. How hard is that to comprehend?
If it ends up being Tatorr, then the show will not be endorsed by the forum and will be a simple farce.
The M3 Blake contender seems to be the choice approved by the M forum.
I think I speak for everyone (MB and BMW fans) that we all agree that the C is the higher hp/torque car but the M is the better track car.
It only makes sense to let Mthis or Dodger be the one representing us. Anything short of this makes your show a failure.
I will assure you that all the vocal members posting to this thread will advertise your show if we get the respect of bringing our driver. I am one of them. Isn't it what you want afterall? a large audience.
The ball is in your court.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by theforumwars
Sorry guys. We are really busy here working with over 20 forums and 20 cars. We are not rigging anything and don't care who wins. We want to make a good show, with fairly matched cars, and create something fun for forum members.

As of right now the two people that stepped up with closely matched cars are Tatorr and Drake. We saw your poll and know that Mthis or Dodger63 would be great, but the supercharged M3 backed out and it doesn't seem like a fair match up with Drake's M3.

We are open to suggestions...
Can u please answer this! You first told me that u picked trattor over me to race the supercharged m3? And please don't say it's untrue cause I have in black and white?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:23 PM

2003 C32 / 2004 E55 / 2009 C63
Originally Posted by nlpamg

Firstly, you guys need to cool it. No more personal attacks, no more swearing, none of this. Come on now, are some of you that insecure that you have to knock on these kids? Or that you're so insecure that you're worried about the reputation of the forum, AMG, your cars, etc., if the C63 loses on this show?

The concept of Forum Wars is not like the Top Gear test track/hot laps board. This is driver and personal car vs. driver and personal car and it doesn't tell you what car is best. It's meant to be for fun and for ratings. Don't get your panties up in a bunch.

You guys are clamoring that you guys couldn't get any better representatives. Well, maybe you guys didn't chime in and contact them quickly enough. They need to finalize their plans as well and I don't think whoever is funding them is willing to provide them with additional funding because there was a change in participant.

Talk all you want about how the match-ups on the previous forum wars shows were not fair. You all know what happened to GTPro's C63, he was supposed to go up against PencilGeek's M3, and NOT that M5 with the ridiculous 20's. I in fact knew of one person who was approved and supposed to be on the show. He had a lightly modded M5. They were looking for a similarly modded E63's. This is So. Cal. How many E63's are here in So. Cal.? THOUSANDS. Well, how many E63's decided to throw their hats in to compete against the M5? NONE. NADA. ZIP.

It's fun to talk **** and hide behind a computer, but at least give these guys props for trying.

Any more personal insults and **** talking WILL result in bans issued.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Understood insults should not be used.

I would ask that as our moderator that you help to support the will of the forum members to ensure the member WE chose is actually put in the ring? Don't you want MBW to be represented by MBW members? Your crew (if you take ownership of this bunch ) seems to overwhelmingly believe it to be the case.

I'll drop it after this post. Just throwing out an opinion.

Whomever we end up with in this deal, we'll rally behind them..... post drama.

Last edited by betrezra; 01-03-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I agree with the personal atacks and all but not sure you have the full story.. But with that said i lost so much interest In this!

Some one comes on "your forum" lies b/s everyone then picks whoever they want just not cool.. And then there going to use mbworlds name!? Mbworld I thought is made up of all it's members! And none if there voices are or were heard!!!! And you come here and all you can say is relax? That's all!!!

Originally Posted by nlpamg

The concept of Forum Wars is not like the Top Gear test track/hot laps board. This is driver and personal car vs. driver and personal car and it doesn't tell you what car is best. It's meant to be for fun and for ratings. Don't get your panties up in a bunch.

Talk all you want about how the match-ups on the previous forum wars shows were not fair. You all know what happened to GTPro's C63, he was supposed to go up against PencilGeek's M3, and NOT that M5 with the ridiculous 20's. I in fact knew of one person who was approved and supposed to be on the show. He had a lightly modded M5. They were looking for a similarly modded E63. This is So. Cal. How many E63's are here in So. Cal.? THOUSANDS. Well, how many E63's decided to throw their hats in to compete against the M5? NONE. NADA. ZIP.

Any more personal insults and **** talking WILL result in bans being issued.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by betrezra
Understood insults should not be used.

I would ask that as our moderator that you help to support the will of the forum members to ensure the member WE chose is actually put in the ring? Don't you want MBW to be represented by MBW members? Your crew (if you take ownership of this bunch ) seems to overwhelmingly believe it to be the case.

I'll drop it after this post. Just throwing out an opinion.

Whomever we end up with in this deal, we'll rally behind them..... post drama.
Originally Posted by dodger63
I agree with the personal atacks and all but not sure you have the full story.. But with that said i lost so much interest In this!

Some one comes on "your forum" lies b/s everyone then picks whoever they want just not cool.. And then there going to use mbworlds name!? Mbworld I thought is made up of all it's members! And none if there voices are or were heard!!!! And you come here and all you can say is relax? That's all!!!
Thanks guys, I'm glad that we can communicate in a civil manner.

Unfortunately I have no say in who goes or not. This is all the Forum Wars people who have a say.

I think most of you guys are pissed about the person selected being labeled as the MBWorld "chosen" "representative". Fine, if you don't like it, perhaps we can ask the Forum Wars to state that he's just "from" MBWorld and that he doesn't represent MBWorld. Or even better, if you'd like to distance yourself more, that he simply "posts" on or is a "member" of MBWorld. How's that?

P.S. I'm not taking ownership of the C63 crew! lol, hell no! Even if I buy a C63 BS next year, the C63 crew is a little too crazy...
Old 01-03-2011, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
nlpamg........ I don't blame you! (LOL)

That's the beef... you nailed it on the head.

FW should clearly state that THEY selected the AMG participant to keep it fair for the lower HP/TQ BMW

I've used up my 10 mins of fame on this thread and wish the best to you two guys.

And I WILL watch it on TV no matter what just to see our beloved C63 run.

Cheers, guys.

Last edited by betrezra; 01-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)