C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever "broken up" with a shop/retailer after years of loyal patronage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Have you ever "broken up" with a shop/retailer after years of loyal patronage?

I recently had this issue come up when I switched over to doing business with a "new" shop, i.e., ACG (I mean "new" in the sense that they are "my new" shop). Now, when you're loyal to a shop for a while, and they are loyal back, and the relationship/goodwill has been 100% reciprocated between both parties, shouldnt you feel free to go with whatever place provides you with the most convenience, best prices and/or customer service?

I came to James at ACG because I know people directly and through this board that love their service. So I decided to make the switch, and haven't really looked back. James has provided me with as excellent service as I have ever received, great info and help with picking products and offers a convenience that other shops couldn't match.

But should I feel bad (or made to feel bad) that I no longer patronize my former retailer? I mean, when you get the hookups from a shop and then as a customer return the favor by pubbing them up, sending them clients who spend $$$$ and come out to support them at events, havent you done your part and are free to choose (without guild mind you) wherever you want to spend your money?

I'm curious if other people had any interesting "breakup stories" with one shop for another.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
grow a pair, move on

haha jk, im sorry for your loss
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Im not sad...Im more pissed that I got **** for deciding to take my business elsewhere.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Being a retailer it rubs me pretty raw when I bust my *** for my customers and they don't get me a shot at their future business.

But that being said business is business and I can always find new customers, it's hard to find new friends.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tgoss
Being a retailer it rubs me pretty raw when I bust my *** for my customers and they don't get me a shot at their future business.

But that being said business is business and I can always find new customers, it's hard to find new friends.
I can see your point completely...but when I bust my *** (wake up at 6am on a weekend to go to car shows I dont even care about so I can bring my car to their booth, post on forums to help put their name out there, and send them clients who spend a decent amount of money), I feel I have done my part. Especially when I give them an opportunity to give me pricing on products and services and the response I get is that "I shouldnt even be shopping around or checking other peoples prices" because that is disloyal. Thats bull**** to me.

Sorry for the vent, but seeing as my car is going in tomorrow to ACG, I just had to explain to my former shop (after not hearing back from them for a couple weeks) that I am getting my mods somewhere else.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 PM

no more AMG
Bottom line is you have to look after YOUR best interest, not a shops. A shops business is to get your money somehow. Be it better service, better prices, any way possible. If you found a shop you like better, then so be it.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by NickZag
Bottom line is you have to look after YOUR best interest, not a shops. A shops business is to get your money somehow. Be it better service, better prices, any way possible. If you found a shop you like better, then so be it.
+1
Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by superlubricity
+1
x2
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
James is the man. He truly knows the high end car industry. If a customer was looking for a shop in or near his area. I would refer them to James 100 times out of 100 times.

In the end you have to do whats best for you and your car.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
people always change in order to make $$$... if i choose to get another MB, i may not go to the dealer that i purchased my last 4 cars from because 1) my salesman is gone but i have a good relationship with the sales manager and 2) one of the other salesman that i bought my recent car with at the dealer is rubbing me the wrong way so i don't really feel like going to him again.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I just called my dealership last week and found out that the saleswoman that sold me my C63 no longer is there. Man, she was smokin' hot.....this sucks. I was gonna go to her again...
I got such a crazy deal from her they may have fired her...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 01-04-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Pertplus
I bust my *** (wake up at 6am on a weekend to go to car shows I dont even care about so I can bring my car to their booth, post on forums to help put their name out there, and send them clients who spend a decent amount of money).
They must have been doing all your mods for free for that kind of effort!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by Pertplus
I can see your point completely...but when I bust my *** (wake up at 6am on a weekend to go to car shows I dont even care about so I can bring my car to their booth, post on forums to help put their name out there, and send them clients who spend a decent amount of money), I feel I have done my part. Especially when I give them an opportunity to give me pricing on products and services and the response I get is that "I shouldnt even be shopping around or checking other peoples prices" because that is disloyal. Thats bull**** to me.

Sorry for the vent, but seeing as my car is going in tomorrow to ACG, I just had to explain to my former shop (after not hearing back from them for a couple weeks) that I am getting my mods somewhere else.
Exactly! It's my job to keep your business. Not your job to keep doing it with me. Loyalty isn't your responsibility. I hate when I lose customers but it's the attitude I chose that usually gets most of them back (some customers are better off being someone elses problem if you know what I mean lol)

On the bright side I'm glad you're happy with ACG! James and Peter have been nothing short of a good experience to work with! I know you'll be smiling ear to ear with those sexy new LT's!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I havent had problems with the shops Ive dealt with. But so far the shops I have dealt gave me great products with great customer care. Gintani/OE Tuning have been great including, MBH, and Evosport.
I mean as long as the shop does a good job in making qaulity products, while treating their customers equally, then I will stay loyal.

Last edited by _AMG_; 01-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:55 AM

C63
It is only normal to pick the best solution or best valued option that is currently available to you and it is not your job to keep to help them to keep your business.