Sponsored by:

Headers Price List

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Was that before or after Renntech's owner started a fist fight in DC's showroom? We were the number 1 renntech dealer in the USA according to their sales Reps data. I've seen and installed/uninstalled all of there headers. Much like Evo got away from Supersprint for quality issues. We did the same with RT. And we've got the proof to prove it.
I have a hard time believing Hartmut would start a fist fight anywhere, isn't he over 60? You have proof of this? Holy crap!!!???
Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 PM

E63
This just in:>>>> MBH Motosports will beat the MHP header and mid-pipe price
Again the competition is a great thing, but I would rather you matched their performance for a lesser price than beat their price with less performance.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
RENNtech works hard at keeping their products as street legal as possible. However, if a customer demands a custom product, they are more than happy to design and create one. RENNtech does make long tube headers for Mercedes and in fact has made them in the past for a few customers already.

Those shorty headers for the 55k were designed sometime in 2003 (almost 7 years ago). At the time, it was on par with other products on the market. Since then, they've made many revisions, improvements, and updates (as every company should do over time to each of their products).

I understand a company with their reputation advising customers to stick with short-style headers in order to avoid smog headaches and such. But if the customer insists on going with a certain route, make not mistake, they will work them. The C63 headers are coming

When we I removed a set of RT C63 headers I brought it to Dyno-Comps attention that one of the ports was almost completely blocked off and that the header had failed due to cracking. Granted RT warrantied the header. G55 headers is not even close to what the normal 55k headers are.

In all honestly RT was a company I endorsed and admired for many of years. Sometimes when you see your heroes for face value. Its not any where near what you wanted them to be. you know it Mo and I do too. All the guys who made Renntech great in the past are gone...

Wade Williams @ Eruo.Spec
Steve Jones @RENN HAUS
Ken Rudy @ EVOtech
Jo Borras @ Speedriven
Jeff Katz (independent)
There are many many more. From a person with first hand experience with with their product line. its just not what it use to be. This forum is extremely smart at times. But knowing a OEM C-Class radiator is sold under RT's cooling package for an insane amount over what you can get it from the dealer for. makes me wince...

Take it for what it is. I bought a set of EVOsport headers after holding a set of RENNtech ones.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by RStevens63
I have a hard time believing Hartmut would start a fist fight anywhere, isn't he over 60? You have proof of this? Holy crap!!!???
Believe it because it happened! it was also caught on Dyno-Comp surveillance system. Right in the middle of the show room. In front of customers too!!! A while back I made a posed stating I would no longer endorse RENNtech products regardless of what turns out between RT and DC. Out of request from the person who was assaulted I took the post down... As the person who was assaulted was going to file a complaint. This is a very true story.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 PM

E63
Believe it because it happened! it was also caught on Dyno-Comp surveillance system. Right in the middle of the show room. In front of customers too!!! A while back I made a posed stating I would no longer endorse RENNtech products regardless of what turns out between RT and DC. Out of request from the person who was assaulted I took the post down... As the person who was assaulted was going to file a complaint. This is a very true story.

Amazing. Never in a million years would I have ever thought something like that was even possible? Wow!

Sorry I did not see your post.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Again the competition is a great thing, but I would rather you matched their performance for a lesser price than beat their price with less performance.
112whp and 80wtq for less money isn't good? You know, no one ever talks about us holding the C55, SL600 and G55 1/4 mile records. IDK maybe my buddies at speediven have beaten the SL600 record, I just dont know for sure, but im sure they will. And having all those records broken out here in Arizona, home of big DA. We definitely deliver performance on 2 octane points less.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:22 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Vendor wars
Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 PM

E63
112whp and 80wtq for less money isn't good? You know, no one ever talks about us holding the C55, SL600 and G55 1/4 mile records. IDK maybe my buddies at speediven have beaten the SL600 record, I just dont know for sure, but im sure they will. And having all those records broken out here in Arizona, home of big DA. We definitely deliver performance on 2 octane points less.
I'm just not a fan of dynos, especially in-house ones. I've also been around long enough to know everyone uses race gas at the track whether they admit it or not LOL!

Take me to school on your SL600 and G55 (I didn't know anyone raced them LOL!) records!

C55 is probably less relevant because it's not made anymore. Was this one supercharged?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM

E63
Originally Posted by andrey_clk55
Vendor wars
Haha for real! The $64,000 question is, will the vendors we select be the ones representing the forum?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Amazing. Never in a million years would I have ever thought something like that was even possible? Wow!

Sorry I did not see your post.
Yeah it was only up for a few hours a while back. Once I was told my friend might file a report. I thought it was best to take it down. I don't necessarily like to talk about it, because it was a such an unfortunate indecent that could have been avoided. If a cooler head would have prevailed. Strangely enough after being in this industry for a little bit. Something like this happening didn't surprise me
Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 PM

E63
Yeah it was only up for a few hours a while back. Once I was told my friend might file a report. I thought it was best to take it down. I don't necessarily like to talk about it, because it was a such an unfortunate indecent that could have been avoided. If a cooler head would have prevailed. Strangely enough after being in this industry for a little bit. Something like this happening didn't surprise me
Just blown away!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
MHP headers and tune have proved over and over again in real life that they produce more power than ANY other L/T header and tune on the market, bar none, end of story.
Why pay more or even the same for less power??
Thats what I really don't get. Why do we keep having this debate?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Dads C63
MHP headers and tune have proved over and over again in real life that they produce more power than ANY other L/T header and tune on the market, bar none, end of story.
Why pay more or even the same for less power??
Thats what I really don't get. Why do we keep having this debate?

I'm going to not debate a site sponsor like yourself.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
When we I removed a set of RT C63 headers I brought it to Dyno-Comps attention that one of the ports was almost completely blocked off and that the header had failed due to cracking. Granted RT warrantied the header. G55 headers is not even close to what the normal 55k headers are.

In all honestly RT was a company I endorsed and admired for many of years. Sometimes when you see your heroes for face value. Its not any where near what you wanted them to be. you know it Mo and I do too. All the guys who made Renntech great in the past are gone...

Wade Williams @ Eruo.Spec
Steve Jones @RENN HAUS
Ken Rudy @ EVOtech
Jo Borras @ Speedriven
Jeff Katz (independent)

There are many many more. From a person with first hand experience with with their product line. its just not what it use to be. This forum is extremely smart at times. But knowing a OEM C-Class radiator is sold under RT's cooling package for an insane amount over what you can get it from the dealer for. makes me wince...

Take it for what it is. I bought a set of EVOsport headers after holding a set of RENNtech ones.
Mike, I respect your opinion and always value your advise. However, I do have a few points that I've been wanting to bring to light in this regard especially that they've been asked to me a few times now:

- The people you listed above are great guys and were indeed good at what they do if not some of the best.

- The fact that RENNtech employed them shows that RENNtech seeks very good individuals if not the best.

- In any company, employees tend to come and go.... now that these guys have left RENNtech at some point, RENNtech has since chosen a few other guys.

- We don't know much about who they chose (or continue to choose) for their employment, but chances are, RENNtech is still seeking the best in order to maintain their solid reputation.

- Since we don't know much about who they employ now, it is not fair to say that the new guys are not good (or will never be as good as) the individuals you listed above? Chances are they are at least equally as good as the older group.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
We will be having an MBworld exclusive pricing very soon. If someone PM'ed me it might even happen sooner.
MBH/DC stage 2 package $5290
MBH/DC stage 3 package $5800

Stage 2 consists of: Headers and header matched stage 2 tuning
Stage 3 consists of: Headers catless mid-section & header matched stage 2 tuning

Our gains on the C63 with our stage 3 package have seen gains upwards of 112whp and 82wtq. on 91 octane

On our stage 2 package gains are upwards of 85-90whp and 60wtq. with the secondary cats installed. on 91 octane

At $5800 its cheaper than competitors group buy price by $800

If u don't mind me asking, who's tune are you using in this combo ?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mike, I respect your opinion and always value your advise. However, I do have a few points that I've been wanting to bring to light in this regard especially that they've been asked to me a few times now:

- The people you listed above are great guys and were indeed good at what they do if not some of the best.

- The fact that RENNtech employed them shows that RENNtech seeks very good individuals if not the best.

- In any company, employees tend to come and go.... now that these guys have left RENNtech at some point, RENNtech has since chosen a few other guys.

- We don't know much about who they chose (or continue to choose) for their employment, but chances are, RENNtech is still seeking the best in order to maintain their solid reputation.

- Since we don't know much about who they employ now, it is not fair to say that the new guys are not good (or will never be as good as) the individuals you listed above? Chances are they are at least equally as good as the older group.

I hear you. I think I'm a little more upset, that we were treated this way. for all the years DC has been with RT. DC put RT on the map out here in AZ. they were non existent out here. Because I respect RT so much I never took my fabrication projects to a level to compete with RT. Could I make a pulley? Yes? did I? No. Could I get my own brand of tuning? Yes. Did I? Not back then. I only made LTH because RT didn't. DC and myself left everything up else up to RT and I respected that.

Mo, you know and I know. I rarely share insider info. I get flack for it from time to time. There was a time when I wanted to say so bad on this forum "don't do that"... but I didn't.

Now with all of this DC RT stuff. I just want to come out and say "screw it. you should know this, that and this." However I don't because I don't care to all that much. Even when people tell me I should. However all the antics from RT's owner along with the good people that have left. Along with the way they treated their dealer. Leaves what I would call a bitter taste.

Like I've said, If DC and RT want to get over this hump. thats cool with me. I just dont want to be a part of that. Thats one of the reasons i'm no longer advertising or promoting the RENNtech line. Its not a brand I enjoy owning or being indirectly affiliated with.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I hear you. I think I'm a little more upset, that we were treated this way. for all the years DC has been with RT. DC put RT on the map out here in AZ. they were non existent out here. Because I respect RT so much I never took my fabrication projects to a level to compete with RT. Could I make a pulley? Yes? did I? No. Could I get my own brand of tuning? Yes. Did I? Not back then. I only made LTH because RT didn't. DC and myself left everything up else up to RT and I respected that.

Mo, you know and I know. I rarely share insider info. I get flack for it from time to time. There was a time when I wanted to say so bad on this forum "don't do that"... but I didn't.

Now with all of this DC RT stuff. I just want to come out and say "screw it. you should know this, that and this." However I don't because I don't care to all that much. Even when people tell me I should. However all the antics from RT's owner along with the good people that have left. Along with the way they treated their dealer. Leaves what I would call a bitter taste.

Like I've said, If DC and RT want to get over this hump. thats cool with me. I just dont want to be a part of that. Thats one of the reasons i'm no longer advertising or promoting the RENNtech line. Its not a brand I enjoy owning or being indirectly affiliated with.
I understand

And I agree with you on the topic of posting. Whenever a company does a customer wrong, I think one should post such an experience so that others can avoid falling in the same situation. I could've saved a TON OF MONEY in the past 5-years had I saw or found more public information about the companies I've dealt with

Now back to headers....
Old 01-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by alqamzi
If u don't mind me asking, who's tune are you using in this combo ?
Ours. Just to shed some info on it. Richard has been tuning, writing, and developing software for over 10 years. Only reason we did not make Mercedes tunes in the past is because DC was using RENNtech. Richard (owner of Dyno-Comp) hold a mechanical Engineering degree from Arizona State University. Every other car Dyno-Comp tunes is made and dyno tuned my Rich. Cars literally come from all over the world to be tuned by Rich. DC is so well respected out here in AZ you can walk into Schumacher Mercedes and request to have a Dyno-Comp built Mercedes rolled into your financing. Or buy a Dyno-Comp built Subaru STI off the showroom floor. In fact there is is Dyno-Comp built Porsche 997 sitting at Scottsdale Porsche for sale.

It wouldn't even be far fetched to say that a lot of RT's tunes on cars across the world have some of Rich's input in them.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I understand

And I agree with you on the topic of posting. Whenever a company does a customer wrong, I think one should post such an experience so that others can avoid falling in the same situation. I could've saved a TON OF MONEY in the past 5-years had I saw or found more public information about the companies I've dealt with

Now back to headers....
I'm with you brother, Its a crappy thing sometimes being in this position. when you work both sides of the fence, being an AMG owner and enthusiast. Than mate that with now Mercedes parts MFG. Its a strange spot to be at sometimes. When you sit here and want to talk car with guys who like the same cars. Then on the flip side being a sponsor.. Its hard.

In this industry no one is perfect. Even myself. I've messed up an order or two. I've but an o2 bung on the wrong spot. In the same respect I like to be transparent with how MBH works. Remember though, we all drive AMG's. With that said.. I dont make headers because I have to. I do it because I love it. its one friggin fun job. On an other note I should have some pics tomorrow of our new 5000sqf shop, a new header coming out, and a G55 monster truck.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 AM

Mercedes C63
We will be having an MBworld exclusive pricing very soon. If someone PM'ed me it might even happen sooner.
MBH/DC stage 2 package $5290
MBH/DC stage 3 package $5800

Stage 2 consists of: Headers and header matched stage 2 tuning
Stage 3 consists of: Headers catless mid-section & header matched stage 2 tuning

Our gains on the C63 with our stage 3 package have seen gains upwards of 112whp and 82wtq. on 91 octane

On our stage 2 package gains are upwards of 85-90whp and 60wtq. with the secondary cats installed. on 91 octane

At $5800 its cheaper than competitors group buy price by $800

Hi can you respond on my last PM. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
I'm going to not debate a site sponsor like yourself.
Mike,
My comment was not aimed at you or any other L/T and tune supplier. You build a fine product and I didn't say otherwise.

There is no debate because its a fact based on dragtimes.com.

Each person can purchase the L/T headers and tune they desire and thats okay but when it comes to factual information which is all any of us have to compare MHP is on top and has been for a long time.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Mike,
My comment was not aimed at you or any other L/T and tune supplier. You build a fine product and I didn't say otherwise.

There is no debate because its a fact based on dragtimes.com.

Each person can purchase the L/T headers and tune they desire and thats okay but when it comes to factual information which is all any of us have to compare MHP is on top and has been for a long time.
True that some MHP LT headers cars have the fastest times on DragTimes.com, but let's be fair here...not all drag racers are the same; i.e. not all go to the extremes to make their cars the fastest out there specifically to break 1/4mi. ET records (like taking out passenger seats, ported heads, running on DRs, practicing at the drag strip every other weekend, etc.). Not argument here; just saying.

What would you say my 12.0sec. @ 118.8mph (with a highest trap speed >119mph) and a 60ft of almost 2.0sec. would be if I were running on drag radials instead of my all-season tires and I really practiced my launch technique? Would 11.4sec @ 120+mph be a fair guess? And, I'm far from an experienced drag racer...just went to the strip that one time in 2010 and probably won't go back for a very long time. I think those numbers are right on par with most of the other LT Header/Tuned C63's right?

Last edited by sflgator; 01-06-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by sflgator
True that some MHP LT headers cars have the fastest times on DragTimes.com, but let's be fair here...not all drag racers are the same; i.e. not all go to the extremes to make their cars the fastest out there specifically to break 1/4mi. ET records (like taking out passenger seats, ported heads, running on DRs, practicing at the drag strip every other weekend, etc.). Not argument here; just saying.

What would you say my 12.0sec. @ 118.8mph (with a highest trap speed >119mph) and a 60ft of almost 2.0sec. would be if I were running on drag radials instead of my all-season tires and I really practiced my launch technique? Would 11.4sec @ 120+mph be a fair guess? And, I'm far from an experienced drag racer...just went to the strip that one time in 2010 and probably won't go back for a very long time. I think those numbers are right on par with most of the other LT Header/Tuned C63's right?
You can't estimate what your car will run until you put some drag radials on there and make it happen. Your car will not drop .6 just by adding drag radials but how far you get into the 11's only racing will tell.

Dodger63 just ran 10.91 @ 129.47 N/A at MIR this morning!! Thats hauling!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
53 hours and counting till I crank the MHP LTs and V3 tune for the first time!

BTW, what mods does Dodger have??
Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Dodger63 just ran 10.91 @ 129.47 N/A at MIR this morning!! Thats hauling!!
That's sick.

Originally Posted by Even Money
53 hours and counting till I crank the MHP LTs and V3 tune for the first time!

BTW, what mods does Dodger have??
Headers, tune, carbonio boxes, MCD intake, some lightweight mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headers Price List