Originally Posted by mthis
Here u go super
Awesome. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2011 | 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Impressive! Congrats!

Mike, what exactly changed from the previous personal best?

Can you post complete time-slips with track name, date and time. I need them for a little project.
Amazing times. Congrats.

Now how did you get there? I know you had to change something. Cant be the same car that ran the 10.99. You running a shot? Pulley? Sup??

Last edited by propain; 01-07-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2011 | 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by propain
Amazing times. Congrats.

Now how did you get there? I know you had to change something. Cant be the same car that ran the 10.99. You running a shot? Pulley? Sup??
none of the above

i think he went on a diet.
Old 01-07-2011 | 10:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

none of the above

He didn't stop at McDonalds on the way to the track and he took some ex-lax the night before, right?
Old 01-07-2011 | 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
If you haven't done so already, I would suggest getting some sponsorships from the companies you got the parts from. $$$$$
Old 01-07-2011 | 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
none of the above

That would be some diet....

131 MPH trap? He gained 6 MPH from his best trap last time he went...

Nothing?!?! How is that even possible... lol

By the book with those traps he at about 640-650 crank HP.
Old 01-07-2011 | 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
He didn't stop at McDonalds on the way to the track and he took some ex-lax the night before, right?
yeap lol

6 MPH lol at atco last time he trapped 127 plus

he did change some stuff new drag radials some race gas and 40 pound diet. dont forget what we talking about here 1 tenth with the rite 60 foot its good up top on this car, wait till next track maybe will see a 133 pass NA with this car, he got some more mods to do.
(come down and witness it everyone was shocked the vett guys were stunned at how his car was trapping)
atco 60 foot was 1.64 this was 1.61 and 1.60 0.03-0.04 on the 60 foot is good for ET and trap.

as for the power we will never know he dont dyno his car dynos are for bragging rites track results you cant fool

if there were a dyno machine at the track with realistic fans that blow as much wind as the car need im sure he would have dynod 550rw or more with that set up in that weather. dadc63 dynod 519rw in fl with carpet fans lol and yes i seen dyno numbers fly up just by adding 2 carpet fans it happened to me my car went from 390rw with no fans to 440 rw with 2 or 3 fans forgot lol. and i had witnesses.

Last edited by mthis; 01-07-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2011 | 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
RENNtech air box?
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
yeap lol

6 MPH lol at atco last time he trapped 127 plus

as for the power we will never know he dont dyno his car dynos are for bragging rites track results you cant fool

Ok 4 MPH... Thats a nice consistent gain from his last runs. What are you trapping? His light weight mods maybe save 70lb's. So his car is a freak?? Arent you running the same mods minus the weight reduction?

This isnt to take away from his times... but 10.8 at 131 on a tune + Headers? Dad's did a NOS shot WITH light weight mods and the same tune + headers and only did 10.9. The DA wasnt great though...

One thing I learned in drag racing... everyone is full of it. Swear up and down... look under the hood... Ohhhhhhh... there it is....

Again. this isnt taking away from the time at all. Its still NA and its awesome, I just think he did something since his last ATCO run... We will never know.. your right.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by PetroC63
RENNtech air box?
idk but im about to sell my car and give him all the money to do heads cams with a blower and 250 shot of nos to get into 9's lol but thats just my dream.

(i know the trans)
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Ok 4 MPH... Thats a nice consistent gain from his last runs. What are you trapping? His light weight mods maybe save 70lb's. So his car is a freak?? Arent you running the same mods minus the weight reduction?

This isnt to take away from his times... but 10.8 at 131 on a tune + Headers? Dad's did a NOS shot WITH light weight mods and the same tune + headers and only did 10.9. The DA wasnt great though...

One thing I learned in drag racing... everyone is full of it. Swear up and down... look under the hood... Ohhhhhhh... there it is....

Again. this isnt taking away from the time at all. Its still NA and its awesome, I just think he did something since his last ATCO run... We will never know.. your right.
hood and trunk were OPEN ALL DAY, you could meet up with mike and you know mike dont run nos comon man.

there are 2 ppl on here that run nos on c63 that i know of dadc63 and jl c63 and 1 of 2 blew a tanny and i dont think mike wants to do that

Last edited by mthis; 01-07-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
hood and trunk were OPEN ALL DAY, you could meet up with mike and you know mike dont run nos comon man.

there are 2 ppl on here that run nos on c63 that i know of dadc63 and jl c63 and 1 of 2 blew a tanny and i dont think mike wants to do that
You got me wrong.. I didnt say he was running NOS. What I was comparing was Dad's NOS shot with the exact mods Mike is running and Dad's running a 10.9. In Better DA he would have run a 10.8 probably, but again.. 150 NOS shot....
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
This isnt to take away from his times... but 10.8 at 131 on a tune + Headers?
But it's not just a "tune + headers" car... dodger's always been very forthright about that:

MHP tune
MHP headers and midpipes
MHP thermalnator gaskets and t-stat (I think)
Carbonio airboxes
MCD intake (?)
Lightweight CF replacement parts (hood, trunk?, etc.)
DRs w/ skinnys up front

MIR's a fast track and it looks like they had great weather that day, dodger's got a great mix of hardware and software working for him, and he's an accomplished racer... I don't get where people are confused or questioning the results...? They're undoubtedly terrific... but they're not that much quicker than he's already gone before.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

i dint bring my car i drove down with mike just to hangout and watch the show, but at atco we were 2mph and 2tenths apart i only have tune headers filter DR's to mikes tune headers airbox mcd intake and cf hood and trunk and skinnies
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I think one of the major advantages that Mike has is that he uses the track to tune his car, something that many people don't do anymore. Most people just go to the dyno and look for some new number and either walk away happy or disappointed.

It's very hard to see these gains after tuning your car on the dyno. The horsepower you guys get on the dyno usually gets left at the dyno shop when you go to the track because the car doesn't perform at the drag strip. The guy that goes to the drag strip and sets the car up to go fast and quick at the track may be disappointed with the numbers that they see if they put their car on a dyno, it's just the way it is. I remember when I was racing you would hear about new cars coming out that just put down 1500HP (10 years ago), and you would be thinking how this guy is gonna kick my *** but they would get to the track and do nothing, where was all that horsepower that they had on the dyno? I can't even begin to tell you how many cars this happened with. It got to the point where I stopped paying attention to those numbers because I realized that they meant nothing.

Mike is at a big advantage because he has gone to the track many many times and he has learned a lot, I think he has learned a lot more than even he realizes. Luckily for you guys he has no qualms about sharing what he learned with you guys but the best way to get your car to go faster is to get out there and start running it.

It's really up to you to figure out what you want. Do you want that dyno number or do you want to actually be quicker and faster? I know what I would rather have.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Meet me at rpm in about an hour it's still loaded on the trailer u can inspect the car!!!!!

Old 01-07-2011 | 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
You got me wrong.. I didnt say he was running NOS.

No, you're right - you didn't say he was running NOS. In essence, you simply are calling him a liar - that's all.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
I think one of the major advantages that Mike has is that he uses the track to tune his car, something that many people don't do anymore. Most people just go to the dyno and look for some new number and either walk away happy or disappointed.

It's very hard to see these gains after tuning your car on the dyno. The horsepower you guys get on the dyno usually gets left at the dyno shop when you go to the track because the car doesn't perform at the drag strip. The guy that goes to the drag strip and sets the car up to go fast and quick at the track may be disappointed with the numbers that they see if they put their car on a dyno, it's just the way it is. I remember when I was racing you would hear about new cars coming out that just put down 1500HP (10 years ago), and you would be thinking how this guy is gonna kick my *** but they would get to the track and do nothing, where was all that horsepower that they had on the dyno? I can't even begin to tell you how many cars this happened with. It got to the point where I stopped paying attention to those numbers because I realized that they meant nothing.

Mike is at a big advantage because he has gone to the track many many times and he has learned a lot, I think he has learned a lot more than even he realizes. Luckily for you guys he has no qualms about sharing what he learned with you guys but the best way to get your car to go faster is to get out there and start running it.

It's really up to you to figure out what you want. Do you want that dyno number or do you want to actually be quicker and faster? I know what I would rather have.

in some other words "RUN YOUR CAR, NOT YOUR MOUTH" well said very well said,
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
The car is getting very dialed in! I owe (almost) all the recent gains to Craig @ rpm and his master tech in the shop without them I'd be spinning my tires still.. I am very forth coming about my mods.. I'm not at liberty to give everyone on the forum our formula exactly.. I will say this my so called performance mods are the same Andy tweaked the tune a bit other then that same stuff mcd intake, useless carbonio intake, Mhp tune, Mhp headers, kws, evosport front only rotors.. Come on eve let's drop the rear weight already..

I'm would never say my car is as quick as dads or mthis.. I
Working extremely hard on cutting my 60' times and getting the car light!!!

Call what u want b/s nitros idc.. I've invited everyone here to come to the track and race.. You could see every thing that I do and have done! And take in what I do..,

My cars on I diet I've droped significant weight!! And more to come im in no way implying that I have tune header only. I have a goal: and I big passion to reach it.

24 hr runs down to marryland 10hrs in the shop. Please keep the b/s out of this!

Again huge thanks to Craig at RPM and Andy at Mhp..

No sponsors for me but if anyone wants parts tested I'll try and for sure give my opinion

My goal is one very specific goal Im pretty confident I can get there and make this plattform HATED by many..
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER
Originally Posted by dodger63
Nah just a factory freak
I think when it gets warm again we are going to have some interesting thursday nights.

You have something yellow that you need to put in your rear view mirror.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Kind of off topic, but I don't know if any of you guys ever think of this but, I imagine AMG pays attention to events like Dodger, Mthis, and Dads track outings, edit: sorry, Petro, too--he's running quick and fast as well.

I mean, it's clear that the C63 was engineered to be a beast on the 1/4 mile track.

But, I wonder if AMG ever achieved these amazing results when they tested this car.

Just a little fun speculation here, but I kinda think AMG built a couple C63's with some nice LT's and a more aggressive tune just to see what the engine could do.

Even if they did do that, I highly doubt they saw 131+ mph traps.

To the drivers who push our platform as far as you do, thank you! You make us all proud.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 01-07-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I think when it gets warm again we are going to have some interesting thursday nights.

You have something yellow that you need to put in your rear view mirror.
Yea that something yellows brother was at the track tune intake headers cutback 10.3** I'm very far away!!! Keep the 20s maybe hagaha
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Great job Mike.

Your always going to get people who question what was done
to the car, etc.....

All you can do is just keep breaking records.

I would be happy if I could get down to what Mthis is running
by spring time.
Old 01-07-2011 | 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Great job Mike.

Your always going to get people who question what was done
to the car, etc.....

All you can do is just keep breaking records.

I would be happy if I could get down to what Mthis is running
by spring time
You will, just keep driving her hard and it will get faster.

try to come to a track event when me and mike are there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***** NEW C63 NA Record - 01/06/2011 *****