***** NEW C63 NA Record - 01/06/2011 *****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIPER
Originally Posted by dodger63
Yea that something yellows brother was at the track tune intake headers cutback 10.3** I'm very far away!!! Keep the 20s maybe hagaha
Are you serious? Only a intake, headers, tune? DAMNNN....
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Mikes snow mobile
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by mthis
You will, just keep driving her hard and it will get faster.

try to come to a track event when me and mike are there.
Count me in.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Are you serious? Only a intake, headers, tune? DAMNNN....
That's what people don't understand.. And Craig has taught me setup and execution is more important them power..

You no a place that could paint my factory wheels?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Count me in.
Mid to late feb.. Weekday at mir you are counted in!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER
That's what people don't understand.. And Craig has taught me setup and execution is more important them power..

You no a place that could paint my factory wheels?
Stock/Factory painted wheels must die.....

No worries Mike, we are going to hook you up when you finish all your go fast mods. Do you want 18" or 19"?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Stock/Factory painted wheels must die.....

No worries Mike, we are going to hook you up when you finish all your go fast mods. Do you want 18" or 19"?
You no which ones I always eye in your shop! But you no craig will throw them on his lath to lighten them up..

O and thanks to d2 for letting me use the torque wrench.. Wait I should ask to use it first!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Mikes snow mobile
This picture brings a lot of memories. Thanks again, Mike and Hagi:
Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I was there. There is no nitrous on this car. I am still amazed! This goes to show that hard work and determination pays off. I'm just glad we didn't have 2 lanes cuz he would have probably smoked me
Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Also, keep in mind that we had ~ -1000ft D/A all day. I also saw similar MPH gains with my car. The track was very fast yesterday.

Congrats again Mike.

Hagi, where's the damn videos of my car!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Also, keep in mind that we had ~ -1000ft D/A all day. I also saw similar MPH gains with my car. The track was very fast yesterday.

Congrats again Mike.

Hagi, where's the damn videos of my car!
Hahaha no videos for u lol. I was using Loco's camera He has to upload them.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Lenin
This picture brings a lot of memories. Thanks again, Mike and Hagi:
Anytime. Hopefully we don't have to help anyone but if needed I'll do it again
Old 01-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I also wanted to thank Hagi and Mike for helping me. Great guys!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I also wanted to thank Hagi and Mike for helping me. Great guys!
anytime brada!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Cmon guys we're all friends here right? I took Propain's comments as no disrespect intended. Increasing trap speed by 4 mph is huge and the fact is none of us really know how all the variables affect this car and motor in quantitative results. The guys that are racing regularly are providing a wealth of information that everyone benefits from. If an Olympic world record was ever shattered to the degree that Mike's run did, the entire world would wonder how it was possible. If it was just atmospheric conditions, cutting back on the Lasagna ,track prep, Andy tweaking the tune files who knows? The fun part is debating everything after the fact. That's Racing!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Cmon guys we're all friends here right? I took Propain's comments as no disrespect intended. Increasing trap speed by 4 mph is huge and the fact is none of us really know how all the variables affect this car and motor in quantitative results. The guys that are racing regularly are providing a wealth of information that everyone benefits from. If an Olympic world record was ever shattered to the degree that Mike's run did, the entire world would wonder how it was possible. If it was just atmospheric conditions, cutting back on the Lasagna ,track prep, Andy tweaking the tune files who knows? The fun part is debating everything after the fact. That's Racing!!!
everyone looks at the best time.
mikes car trapped from 127-131 yesterday and went from 11.1 -10.8.
the quicker his car goes the faster as well lower ET higher MPH
Old 01-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63
Incredible times Mike!!! Glad our intake worked!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
No, you're right - you didn't say he was running NOS. In essence, you simply are calling him a liar - that's all.
I wasn't calling him a liar. Pull the panties out of your ***. He didn't post about the mods. Thats why I asked. If he posted "I didn't do anything" like I guess hes saying in the quote below and THEN I said BS THAT would be calling him a liar.

Now I remember why I don't post here much anymore...

Meet me at rpm in about an hour it's still loaded on the trailer u can inspect the car!!!!!
I Really don't care that much Mike. It was just a question. Your car seems to be gaining strength like Ive never seen every time you go to the track. The times are great. The car seems to find more and more power every time but you say your not doing anything. With those trap times you can go much faster in the 1/4.

I think a person with even small amount of intelligence would question if you did anything else since your last run and even have some doubts after you said you didn't. If you didn't, awesome, you have a real fast car. If you did, again, who cares, this is about modding and going faster.

Last edited by propain; 01-07-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MCD Motorsports
Incredible times Mike!!! Glad our intake worked!!
works for sure but you guys have to send him some new screws bc they all fell out!!
does lil screws can cause damage if they rip thru filters, you guys should look into a new way to attach the parts instead of the screws

sry to drop this like this just trying to help both sides from a disaster
Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Thank you. Thought I was going crazy....

No disrespect at all, just asking... The mob mentality on this forum when it comes to questioning times is ridiculous.

Was the intake done after ATCO and before this run?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
I think one of the major advantages that Mike has is that he uses the track to tune his car, something that many people don't do anymore. Most people just go to the dyno and look for some new number and either walk away happy or disappointed.

It's very hard to see these gains after tuning your car on the dyno. The horsepower you guys get on the dyno usually gets left at the dyno shop when you go to the track because the car doesn't perform at the drag strip. The guy that goes to the drag strip and sets the car up to go fast and quick at the track may be disappointed with the numbers that they see if they put their car on a dyno, it's just the way it is. I remember when I was racing you would hear about new cars coming out that just put down 1500HP (10 years ago), and you would be thinking how this guy is gonna kick my *** but they would get to the track and do nothing, where was all that horsepower that they had on the dyno? I can't even begin to tell you how many cars this happened with. It got to the point where I stopped paying attention to those numbers because I realized that they meant nothing.

Mike is at a big advantage because he has gone to the track many many times and he has learned a lot, I think he has learned a lot more than even he realizes. Luckily for you guys he has no qualms about sharing what he learned with you guys but the best way to get your car to go faster is to get out there and start running it.

It's really up to you to figure out what you want. Do you want that dyno number or do you want to actually be quicker and faster? I know what I would rather have.
This is an excellent post. Track tuning cars is much more effective than dyno tuning them especially for modern cars. In modern cars, the ECU tries to react to so many different variables, some of which affect power drastically. In my opinion, this creates a scenario where good numbers on the dyno may not coincide with good numbers on the track. I've seen this countless times in person and I've been repeatedly posting it for the last couple of years.

By the way, having the car perform better when track tuned is not (in any way) limited to MHP only. I've seen Jeremy@OE Tuning tune cars on the track and witnessed the same car go quicker/faster with a few minor changes.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by propain
I think a person with even small amount of intelligence would question if you did anything else since your last run and even have some doubts after you said you didn't. If you didn't, awesome, you have a real fast car. If you did, again, who cares, this is about modding and going faster.
Also please remember that it is hard enough to compare runs from the same track on two different days let alone from two different tracks on two different days. I'm sure many factors played into these results: weather, track conditions, more dialed in tune, better driving (Mike seems to be getting better and better everytime out), and of course, more miles on the car. The 63 seems to open up a lot after 10,000 miles.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by propain
Thank you. Thought I was going crazy....

No disrespect at all, just asking... The mob mentality on this forum when it comes to questioning times is ridiculous.

Was the intake done after ATCO and before this run?
its was used half the time, its proven to me and mike that it works.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
This is an excellent post. Track tuning cars is much more effective than dyno tuning them especially for modern cars. In modern cars, the ECU tries to react to so many different variables, some of which affect power drastically. In my opinion, this creates a scenario where good numbers on the dyno may not coincide with good numbers on the track. I've seen this countless times in person and I've been repeatedly posting it for the last couple of years.

By the way, having the car perform better when track tuned is not (in any way) limited to MHP only. I've seen Jeremy@OE Tuning tune cars on the track and witnessed the same car go quicker/faster with a few minor changes.
No question track tuning is the best. Mike seems to have gob's of time and seems to be working tightly with RPM and MHP and making his ride go faster. I cant get to the track anywhere near as often so I tend to lean on dyno results first and then see how they translate to the track after. I wish I had 1/2 the time Mike has to dedicate to the track.

Just for the record I stated the power of the car because of the trap speeds. With those traps hes gotta be making some huge power. Big question at the track is always would you rather have big trap speeds or lower 1/4 times. Most common answer I always hear is big traps because that means the car is faster. lower 1/4's means quicker...
Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
its was used half the time, its proven to me and mike that it works.
Nice. How much though?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***** NEW C63 NA Record - 01/06/2011 *****