Sponsored by:

Question: Power Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
Question: Power Mods

Just got the car 4 days ago..but price range for intake, header, exhaust, pulley and a tune what would that run me and can you guys suggest a good brand that is not extremely expensive..

thanks!!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:37 PM

E63
If you want inexpensive parts and tuning and solid results you bought the wrong car my friend. Lack of volume alone in this market is enough to drive prices higher than you'd see for any North American or Japanese car.

Personally I think RENNtech makes the best airboxes, MHP or MKB for the ECU tune, MHP for the headers and mids, Evosport makes the only pulley I believe (I would also pick up their lighter compound front and rear rotors). Those are the proven best that I have seen based on results from customers on this and other forums.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
OE Tuning ecu flash (priced lower than MHP) + MBH Tri-Y Headers (priced lower than MHP) are great, extremely high quality options...both are Forum sponsors and both with similar HP/TQ gains as MHP. But MHP and it's extremely loyal followers will contend that the cars with their products hold most/all the speed records at the 1/4mi. track. If that's most important to you, then spend more to buy MHP.

Last edited by sflgator; 01-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
MHP products spoke for themselves ALOT.
Like the one 2days ago 10.8 131mph headers and tune and some wait reduction.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by sflgator
OE Tuning ecu flash (priced lower than MHP) + MBH Tri-Y Headers (priced lower than MHP) are great, extremely high quality options...both are Forum sponsors and both with similar HP/TQ gains as MHP. But MHP and it's extremely loyal followers will contend that the cars with their products hold most/all the speed records at the 1/4mi. track. If that's most important to you, then spend more to buy MHP.
Last I checked the MHP headers and mids are less than the MBH headers and mids. We are extremely loyal as you say because the MHP products do produce more power. We don't contend they hold all the records, they do.
OE tuning is less expensive I believe.
Not sure how you can say they have similar gains when the track results prove VERY differently. Lets NOT try to debate this again PLEASE.

Last edited by Dads C63; 01-08-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
i know you say you "dont care" but you sure dont act like it and you post a lot of misinformation and act like you do know what your talking about so....
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM

E63
Disclaimer: sflgator has a chip on his shoulder about this particular topic and has absolutely zero evidence to back his claim other than dyno numbers which to most of us mean nothing.

Please show me a single track result on par with dodger's 10.87@131.48 or any of his 13 passes over 130mph, 6 over 131mph all in the 10s with MHP headers and tuning. DA was only -1000', it could have easily been -3800' there this time of year. Even corrected that's 11.0@128+. So again no offense to any sponsors but factually speaking there are no track or VBox results even close to being on par with MHPs cars.

dodger:

0-60: 3.1
0-100: 7.0
60-130: 8.2 (2 shifts)

mthis and dads have similarly solid numbers.

Fact: MHP holds all 1/8th, 1/4, Standing Mile, VBox Records for M156/63 AMGs.

Also note slfgator has a personal "issues" with me because I don't like benchracers.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM

E63
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
i know you say you "dont care" but you sure dont act like it and you post a lot of misinformation and act like you do know what your talking about so....
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:22 PM

coupe
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Disclaimer: sflgator has a chip on his shoulder about this particular topic and has absolutely zero evidence to back his claim other than dyno numbers which to most of us mean nothing.

Please show me a single track result on par with dodger's 10.87@131.48 or any of his 13 passes over 130mph, 6 over 131mph all in the 10s with MHP headers and tuning. DA was only -1000', it could have easily been -3800' there this time of year. Even corrected that's 11.0@128+. So again no offense to any sponsors but factually speaking there are no track or VBox results even close to being on par with MHPs cars.

dodger:

0-60: 3.1
0-100: 7.0
60-130: 8.2 (2 shifts)

mthis and dads have similarly solid numbers.

Fact: MHP holds all 1/8th, 1/4, Standing Mile, VBox Records for M156/63 AMGs.

Also note slfgator has a personal "issues" with me because I don't like benchracers.
Please and try to stop stirring the pot, it's getting real old now. Can you post something without trying to call out another member on something when you have not stated nothing about yourself, thanks.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:22 PM

E63
I would also suggest that the OP check out the EXCELLENT header offering sticky at the top of this forum. It breaks down all the different styles and design varieties of headers, provides excellent pictures, etc.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Mx_AMG
Please and try to stop stirring the pot, it's getting real old now. Can you post something without trying to call out another member on something when you have not stated nothing about yourself, thanks.
I guess you should start by posting your personal history.

It's clear to other members as well that sflgators posts are becoming more and more skewed away from reality and towards sflgator's happy land where everything he posts is correct even if it contradicts fact.

Ask me any technical question you want, I've posted where I was employed and to most that should be enough, if not ask away. Who I am isn't relevant, what I know is.

I post facts, gator posts his opinion that pretty much sums it up.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 PM

coupe
Originally Posted by RStevens63
I guess you should start by posting your personal history.

It's clear to other members as well that sflgators posts are becoming more and more skewed away from reality and towards sflgator's happy land where everything he posts is correct even if it contradicts fact.

Ask me any technical question you want, I've posted where I was employed and to most that should be enough, if not ask away. Who I am isn't relevant, what I know is.

I post facts, gator posts his opinion that pretty much sums it up.
It's always the same, redirect onto someone else then to take the time and explain yourself. I have no beef with anyone and like to see everyones opinions, which are just that. Opinions, which ia why this is a great place.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:54 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Mx_AMG
It's always the same, redirect onto someone else then to take the time and explain yourself. I have no beef with anyone and like to see everyones opinions, which are just that. Opinions, which ia why this is a great place.
No sir, that is where you are wrong.

A timeslip is not an opinion.

A VBox verified file is not an opinion.

A standing mile run verified via VBox and TAG timing equipment is not an opinion.

Those are all FACTS and that is what I posted.

Read gators post, those are all OPINIONS, and therein lies the difference which makes all the difference in the world.

Opinions lead to misinformation, and rampant misinformation is bad for everyone that comes here to share or learn. It leads us down the wrong path and wastes both our time and money.

Stick to the facts, you'll always get farther that way.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...you guys are so flippin funny...you ALL have your heads so far up someone's a.., it's quite comical. Are you all sure you're not being paid by someone for your immediate, irrational, and childish "cyber-pouncing?"

Just messing with you guys is fun b/c you ALL are SO DEFENSIVE...like you're all ready to duke it out with ANYONE who doesn't say "MHP is THE BEST." So ridiculous.

Keith - I know you're a sponsor on here so there's not much I can say, but even you seem to take things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. RStevens - well, not much more I can say about you, unless there really are some things about you that most of us don't know (regarding your own personal experiences with MHP, Keith, or someone else involved with MHP's products) since YOU have already admitted to owning/driving a complete stock E63 AMG...no MHP products there, so why are so always SOOOOOOOOOOOO DEFENSIVE whenever someone says anything 'not to your liking' about MHP?????????? Hmmmmm???????

OMG...too funny, people...you guys should really take a good, hard look at what's really important in life. I'll give you ONE HINT -- it's not MBW, it's not MHP, it's not your AMG folks. Really, people, get a grip!

Geez...it's almost pathetic...and I even said, MHP holds most/all the 1/4mi. speed records. MBH had said in another thread that they were less expensive than MHP, so that's what I was going on, and an OE Tuning ecu flash is definitely significantly less expensive than MHP. The similar gains I mentioned was according to dynos people, so enough about being "CRAZY DEFENSIVE!"

To the OP -- YES, if YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE THE NEED to drive a tuned C63 AMG that you can tell everyone HAS THE SAME MODS as ALL THE FASTEST modded C63 AMG's out there, then sure, spend more $$ and buy MHP and JOIN the "MHP CULT" I guess. Then, you too can spend everyday telling the WORLD (well, mostly just MBW online car enthusiast forum members anyhow ) just how GREAT MHP is and how EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS, and be trained in CYBER DEFENSIVENESS and CYBER-BULLYING TACTICS, LOL!!!!!!

Well, if nobody is going to demand I provide my phone number or demand me to meet them for a midnight race on the street or track or whatever, then goodnight, gentlemen.

Okay, my rant is DONE and maybe it's now time for me to be done with MBW for now. I know ALL you "MHP FANATICS" will be happy if I take a break from MBW for a while. Now I know why so many people have recently decided to leave MBW or dare I say "MHP World?"

And, that's fine with me because I'm very happy with the mods I have on my C63 AMG...my car is fast enough...I love it! No need for me to prove anything to anyone; I enjoy my car immensely everyday!!! See, I personally have no need to replace the entire HOOD with a carbon fiber hood, no need to replace my TRUNK LID with a carbon fiber trunk lid, no need to remove my front passenger seat, no need for me to keep tweaking my ecu flash tune, no need to port my car's heads, no need to try adding a 125-shot of Nitrous Oxide to my car (and oops, then no need to replace my transmission because it blew up due to NOS (oh, sorry Keith, lol! ), no need to constantly defend MY CHOICE in mods , the brands, and why I choose not to buy drag radials or anything additional for MY car...nope, I'm good. Goodnight, gentlemen!

Last edited by sflgator; 01-08-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM

E63
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...you guys are so flippin funny...you ALL have your heads so far up someone's a.., it's quite comical. Are you all sure you're not being paid by someone for your immediate, irrational, and childish "cyber-pouncing?"

Just messing with you guys is fun b/c you ALL are SO DEFENSIVE...like you're all ready to duke it out with ANYONE who doesn't say "MHP is THE BEST." So ridiculous.

Keith - I know you're a sponsor on here so there's not much I can say, but even you seem to take things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. RStevens - well, not much more I can say about you, unless there really are some things about you that most of us don't know (regarding your own personal experiences with MHP, Keith, or someone else involved with MHP's products) since YOU have already admitted to owning/driving a complete stock E63 AMG...no MHP products there, so why are so always SOOOOOOOOOOOO DEFENSIVE whenever someone says anything 'not to your liking' about MHP?????????? Hmmmmm???????

OMG...too funny, people...you guys should really take a good, hard look at what's really important in life. I'll give you ONE HINT -- it's not MBW, it's not MHP, it's not your AMG folks. Really, people, get a grip!

Geez...it's almost pathetic...and I even said, MHP holds most/all the 1/4mi. speed records. MBH had said in another thread that they were less expensive than MHP, so that's what I was going on, and an OE Tuning ecu flash is definitely significantly less expensive than MHP. The similar gains I mentioned was according to dynos people, so enough about being "CRAZY DEFENSIVE!"

To the OP -- YES, if YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE THE NEED to drive a tuned C63 AMG that you can tell everyone HAS THE SAME MODS as ALL THE FASTEST modded C63 AMG's out there, then sure, spend more $$ and buy MHP and JOIN the "MHP CULT" I guess. Then, you too can spend everyday telling the WORLD (well, mostly just MBW online car enthusiast forum members anyhow ) just how GREAT MHP is and how EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS, and be trained in CYBER DEFENSE and CYBER-BULLYING TACTICS, LOL!!!!!!

Well, if nobody is going to demand I provide my phone number or demand me to meet them for a midnight race on the street or track or whatever, then goodnight, gentlemen.

Okay, my rant is DONE and maybe it's now time for me to be done with MBW for now. I know ALL you "MHP FANATICS" will be happy if I take a break from MBW for a while. Now I know why so many people have recently decided to leave MBW or dare I say "MHP World?"

And, that's fine with me because I'm very happy with the mods I have on my C63 AMG...my car is fast enough...I love it! No need for me to prove anything to anyone; I enjoy my car immensely everyday!!! See, I personally have no need to replace the entire HOOD with a carbon fiber hood, no need to replace my TRUNK LID with a carbon fiber trunk lid, no need to remove my front passenger seat, no need for me to keep tweaking my ecu flash tune, no need to port my car's heads, no need to try adding a 125-shot of Nitrous Oxide to my car (and oops, then no need to replace my transmission because it blew up due to NOS (oh, sorry Keith, lol! ), no need to constantly defend MY CHOICE in mods , the brands, and why I choose not to buy drag radials or anything additional for MY car...nope, I'm good. Goodnight, gentlemen!
All kidding aside, I think you need help. You just had a mental meltdown on a car forum, and again you're full of it, if you really didn't care you wouldn't have written a book about your feelings on others posts just now.

Additionally just as in multiple other threads you've again taken this one FAR off topic. You have added zero objective factual info and helped the OP out in no way.

I think a break would be good for you, maybe some prozac for good measure.

Good luck.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
you so locoooo....im guessing she got half of everything before and after?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:20 PM

2010 c63,09 CaymanS,08 VW Touaregv10tdi,99vette hardtop,Triumph1050Tiger,Kaw,klr 650
In Before the
Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Wow dude, take a break!! Its just a forum.

The OP just bought a car and all we are trying to do is make sure he has factual information, relax. Nothing personal.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Holy Meltdown. This one is going in the Hall of Fame.

Locking 'er down.