Sponsored by:

Intake Y-pipe upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Intake Y-pipe upgrade?

Does anyone plan on making an upgrade to this part? This is the part that attaches the two upper box tops to the intake manifold. If you feel the stock pieces, you can tell they are not oval and have flat spots creating turbulence and reducing flow. The Renntech box top solves that problem. If such a piece was to be made, I think it would be a great addition to the ROW box tops. Didn't MHB announce some kind of intake upgrade plan?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Well... the airbox bottom openings are not oval either.
Attached Thumbnails Intake Y-pipe upgrade?-imag0053.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Sincity
Does anyone plan on making an upgrade to this part? This is the part that attaches the two upper box tops to the intake manifold. If you feel the stock pieces, you can tell they are not oval and have flat spots creating turbulence and reducing flow. The Renntech box top solves that problem. If such a piece was to be made, I think it would be a great addition to the ROW box tops. Didn't MHB announce some kind of intake upgrade plan?
Thats what i heard about mhb also but that was 2 months ago
Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
The Renntech box does solve the problem. They have literally months and months of testing in order to get it right. I would go with the Renntech box if you plan to replace the stock piece. Its been proven to make power that speaks volumes today.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Didn't MHB announce some kind of intake upgrade plan?
Hmmm, now that would require a merger of two companies that I guarantee will not happen!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I have something coming out. After a long time of test things that didn't work. We have something that should solve a few things.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by andrey_clk55
Well... the airbox bottom openings are not oval either.
True. But it doesn't have flat spots changing the diameter of the tube unlike the Y-pipe. The Y-pipe should have a smooth transition into intake manifold since that is a high velocity area and minimal turbulence would be beneficial. Not sure why they designed the Y-pipe with those flat spots since without it, it wouldn't rub against anything. I remember back in the C32 days, there was some kind of upgrade to the Y-pipe by going with a part from another AMG engine.

Originally Posted by Dads Perf. LLC
The Renntech box does solve the problem. They have literally months and months of testing in order to get it right. I would go with the Renntech box if you plan to replace the stock piece. Its been proven to make power that speaks volumes today.
The Renntech box is just about as perfect as you can get.

Originally Posted by bhamg
Hmmm, now that would require a merger of two companies that I guarantee will not happen!
You did convince MCD to make your splitter/spoiler pieces..........

Did Hooley ever talk to you about something like this? I sent him a PM a week ago and he never replied.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I have something coming out. After a long time of test things that didn't work. We have something that should solve a few things.
Good to hear. I sent you a PM about a week ago that went unanswered which is not like you.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Good to hear. I sent you a PM about a week ago that went unanswered which is not like you.

I just checked my Pm's. I never delete anything unless its filled. I always keep it at about 90% full in case I have to recall what some one asked. With that said Please send it again. I would deff reply of I had seen it. I'll go back and double check.