Went for a ride in OE TUNNING's C63....WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dodger63
Exactly my only point is that the 11.6 run was achieved using a custom race fuel tune! Also petros run was not sub 11.5 it was 11.59
I didn't say sub. I said 11.5 But his trap was higher than Jeremy. I think 122, but hes running headers .17 MPH faster than Jeremy without headers and it was a 11.504 not 11.59. 11.59 was Hhughes.

It could have been the 100 octane file he has. I know he has both for the C63. Its possible he was running it. I wish he would chime in already! lol
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 AM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Just to clarify guys. My car was never on the dyno prior to running at Famoso and had <800miles on the clock at that time. The exhaust was finished the day before Famoso and installed. The car was flashed to address the cat removal, other than that, the flash was a pump gas tune. After arriving at the track I purchased a can of Sunoco 104 octane gas from another member. I had been planning on running CA91 pumpgas, but I was having too much fun and my gas level was getting low, hence the use of Sunoco 104. The tune has additive timing tables adjusted to take advantage if higher octane is used. This is a feature of the regular pump gas tune. Full race gas tune results coming soon.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
Just to clarify guys. My car was never on the dyno prior to running at Famoso and had <800miles on the clock at that time. The exhaust was finished the day before Famoso and installed. The car was flashed to address the cat removal, other than that, the flash was a pump gas tune. After arriving at the track I purchased a can of Sunoco 104 octane gas from another member. I had been planning on running CA91 pumpgas, but I was having too much fun and my gas level was getting low, hence the use of Sunoco 104. The tune has additive timing tables adjusted to take advantage if higher octane is used. This is a feature of the regular pump gas tune. Full race gas tune results coming soon.
Thanks for the clarification Jeremy. Keep up the good work.

Super should update the 1/4 mile thread based on this post.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
There's the answer you should clarify drag times and the quickest 1/4 mile thread.. Because they both say custom tune which maybe to me means other then off the shelf.. Can't wait to see what u put down with a more dialed in tune then.. Good work
Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Interesting. Can you explain this (in bold above) in more detail? If this is the case, why would you need a full race gas tune?

Also, why did a customer car with long-tubes run so much slower when you both had the same tune? Were you guys doing anything differently?

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Jeremy, hurry up and get in here to settle this once and for all!!!

Nevermind, just saw Jeremy's post a couple above this.

Last edited by xtyper; 02-04-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dodger63
There's the answer you should clarify drag times and the quickest 1/4 mile thread.. Because they both say custom tune which maybe to me means other then off the shelf.. Can't wait to see what u put down with a more dialed in tune then.. Good work
Thanks Mike. I will edit these details.

Originally Posted by superlubricity
Interesting. Can you explain this (in bold above) in more detail? If this is the case, why would you need a full race gas tune?

Also, why did a customer car with long-tubes run so much slower when you both had the same tune? Were you guys doing anything differently?

Thanks!
To benefit the most from higer octane fuels a specificly tuned file is best for all conditions.
When comparing dyno results my combination made more Horsepower and Torque to the wheels. The lowend Torque gains of the Gintani exhaust are awesome! Even untuned.

Last edited by SALES@OETUNING; 02-04-2011 at 01:19 PM.