C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a C63 today! So this is what "perma-grin" feels like...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
nice cherry! you got a great deal and love the warranty part. ignore tools and they will go away. no reason to bash someones great day and nice post. after all we are all car fans and thats why there are so many models to choose from. everyone has different needs and tastes. your C63 is badd bro. drive it in great health.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
You do know that Palladium is the fastest color
Old 02-25-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by sfadchi
I bought it for $70k with 300 miles..sold it a month ago for $63k with 17k miles...I was running 10.76@130 with it...

I had that and my CLS500...I didnt want to continue paying $1000 a month for a car I drove once a week...

And I wouldnt buy any car new unless I was worth millions and millions or I was buying a entry level truck...

The cars I compared the C63 to were
CL65
E63
CLS55
All of those cars are less then a rental car C63.....and are much cooler and much much better built....
I know u all like your cars...I am not knocking the car...I am knocking the price the car sells for...it is ridiculously high compared to a real AMG like a CL65 or CLS55....
The SLS IS NICE ..but for $210k??? what?? i would buy a Lambo Murc and a S65 for that money...and I have been in and driven a SLS..fast car but not $200k worthy...more like $125k tops...

Only an idiot with a lot of cash buys any of these cars new...they depreciate like rocks and WHEN U LEAVE THE LOT...is is used...Believe it or not.....I have had 100k mile cars and 1000k mile cars...and I didnt see a damn difference to tell you the truth....
You got to be the biggest idiot to ever write on MBworld to make such a strong statement. some people want to be the first person to touch their car, and dont want to buy a car that the previous owner beat the crap out of and than pass it on. or simply they are not a cheap *** like you! But none the less if you wanna waste peoples time and talk garbage start a new thread(you are not limited to threads btw) and stop raining on the OP's thread like you said it yourself!

Dont you guys love it when new members join and think they know it!:smas h:
Old 02-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5
So is there such an option as a partial performance package? I have an '09 with PP and it has different steering wheel and brakes. I thought it was a package in '09. You should check the original window sticker. If the dealer sold you this car and told you it had the PP and it doesn't then I think they owe you......
Old 02-25-2011, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by transferred
90,000 mile CL65 of yours, it's obvious you're "retarded monk" and if the mods IP check you'll be gone.
BINGO--good call Transferred , I couldn't remember this guy's old user name until you nailed it.

RetardedMonk w/all of his CL65s...anyone who's been here for a while remembers that thread.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I finally got back from LA (Disneyland) today and the first thing I wanted to do was open the garage to fire up the C63. I literally threw my bags into the house, grabbed a key to the car, and went for a drive. I love this car.

As for the troll in my thread, well I'm just going to ignore idiot. You have to wonder why people feel the need to come into a thread which is completely unrelated to their rants, and start chewing up forum space with a bunch of nonsense.

I do have one problem guys that I need help with. HELP ME!! I was looking at the rear bumper cover behind the wheels and there are black rubber remnants stuck to my paint. I can't figure out where this rubber is coming from. If anyone has any ideas, I could use some advice because it's clear I didn't buy the right car, and knowing that it's clear I'm a total moron right?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by unixadm
I do have one problem guys that I need help with. HELP ME!! I was looking at the rear bumper cover behind the wheels and there are black rubber remnants stuck to my paint. I can't figure out where this rubber is coming from. If anyone has any ideas, I could use some advice because it's clear I didn't buy the right car, and knowing that it's clear I'm a total moron right?
I'm not sure if this is a rhetorical question. But since you asked it, I'll answer it. Get in your car, floor it, listen to the tires burn out, stop, get out and taa daa!! There's your magic black rubber on your bumper. lol
Old 02-26-2011, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
You see, if you had bought a older car with a billion miles on it, like a smart person would do, all that rubber on your bumper would have been worn away
Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 AM

09 c63 p30 mars red
Originally Posted by amg4rl
So is there such an option as a partial performance package? I have an '09 with PP and it has different steering wheel and brakes. I thought it was a package in '09. You should check the original window sticker. If the dealer sold you this car and told you it had the PP and it doesn't then I think they owe you......
+1
Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jim07
+1
In regards to the 030 performance package - my car was built in 07/08 - an early MY 2009. From what I understand the performance package was limited at that time to the LSD and Speed Limiter. I have seen other cars optioned the same way from the July/August 2008 build timeframe. I can confirm my car does have an LSD. However the price of the 030 according to the breakout I received with the car was in the $2,000 range - not the $4,000 price point of the 030 package later in the year, which added the steering wheel, suspension, and brake upgrade.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 AM
JCH

2009 C63
My 09 also has the LSD and raised speed limiter, but not the upgraded steering wheel, suspension, and brake rotors.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
In regards to the 030 performance package - my car was built in 07/08 - an early MY 2009. From what I understand the performance package was limited at that time to the LSD and Speed Limiter. I have seen other cars optioned the same way from the July/August 2008 build timeframe. I can confirm my car does have an LSD. However the price of the 030 according to the breakout I received with the car was in the $2,000 range - not the $4,000 price point of the 030 package later in the year, which added the steering wheel, suspension, and brake upgrade.
Thanks for the info! I have not heard of that. So there are two different pp030 packages for the 2009.
Have fun with the car! I suggest getting a tune ASAP, it becomes a whole new car!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:05 PM

'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5
Interesting to hear of the different PP's. You love your car now, but a tune makes it a whole different animal. Drive it for awhile to get used to it and you'll really see a difference when its reflashed.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
Wow nice looking car man! I really love Paladium silver and the way it reflects in the sun. Kind of looks dark silver depending on the angle!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Thanks everyone. I'm going to tune the car in 6-18 months depending on my mood. Right now, the car is plenty fast for me. Since I get bored with cars quickly, the longer I defer doing the tune, the less chance I will be bored. However this car is in a different league, and being bored doesn't seem possible. I had the car in manual mode today in second gear with the ESP in Sport mode - threw the car into a slower corner and got a nice drift which was uneventful around the corner. I was doing U-Turns for no reason, other than to kick the *** end out. I still drive to drive in comfort most of the time to save the rear tires, however every time I get home and park the car in the garage, it smells like hot rubber. Oops.

I got onto Highway 99 today and had the sunroof open. I nailed it under the overpass and it was simply bad ***. I need to wash and detail the car this week, and buy a cover. Anyone have a recommendation on a good but reasonably priced car cover for the W204?
Old 02-27-2011, 11:22 PM
cek

'10 C63 AMG P31, '88 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe, '78 Toyota FJ40, '10 Audi Q7 TDi
I still drive to drive in comfort most of the time to save the rear tires, however every time I get home and park the car in the garage, it smells like hot rubber. Oops.
Give up trying to resist. Resistance is futile. It is a proven fact that it is impossible to NOT drive a C63 like a hooligan.

Anyone have a recommendation on a good but reasonably priced car cover for the W204?
I hope I'm not going to start a forum-war here, but I really think car covers are a bad idea for anything but total garage queens, and even then they are iffy.

Any dirt on the car will get picked up by the car cover and over time will cause more damage than protection. In addition a car cover will hold in heat dissipating from our hot engines...not to mention the chance of burning the cover on the exhaust tips.

I actually have a car cover for my '88 911. I naively used it when I first bought the car in '97. I was careful to avoid putting it on the car when it was dirty, but I got nasty swirl marks anyway. Fortunately I figured this out early enough and stopped...enabling the paint to stay pristine even after all this time. Of course our Palladium C63s won't show swirl marks like darker colors (such as my Venetian Blue 911), but I still would never put a cover on my C63 unless it was freshly detailed (and even then I can't think of any reason I would).

Same thing goes for bras. Thank god those have gone out of style! The only thing you can put on a car that's worse for the finish than a fabric car bra is diamond plate. ("clear film bras" OTH are awesome IMO).
Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB & BMW
nice, congrats
Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by cek
I hope I'm not going to start a forum-war here, but I really think car covers are a bad idea for anything but total garage queens, and even then they are iffy.

Any dirt on the car will get picked up by the car cover and over time will cause more damage than protection. In addition a car cover will hold in heat dissipating from our hot engines...not to mention the chance of burning the cover on the exhaust tips.

I actually have a car cover for my '88 911. I naively used it when I first bought the car in '97. I was careful to avoid putting it on the car when it was dirty, but I got nasty swirl marks anyway. Fortunately I figured this out early enough and stopped...enabling the paint to stay pristine even after all this time. Of course our Palladium C63s won't show swirl marks like darker colors (such as my Venetian Blue 911), but I still would never put a cover on my C63 unless it was freshly detailed (and even then I can't think of any reason I would).

Same thing goes for bras. Thank god those have gone out of style! The only thing you can put on a car that's worse for the finish than a fabric car bra is diamond plate. ("clear film bras" OTH are awesome IMO).
I agree. I'm not using a car cover everyday - basically this car will be my weekend warrior. So after I wash it and put it in the garage, I want to cover it to keep dust down until I use the car again.

I had a clear bra on my last new car and it was nice.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 AM
cek

'10 C63 AMG P31, '88 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe, '78 Toyota FJ40, '10 Audi Q7 TDi
I agree. I'm not using a car cover everyday - basically this car will be my weekend warrior. So after I wash it and put it in the garage, I want to cover it to keep dust down until I use the car again.
Have you ever tried a California Duster? They are awesome for quickly getting very light dust off as you describe and YOU control how much force & whether debris is scratching your paint. Much less expensive than a cover and just as fast as carefully pulling a cover off.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by cek
Have you ever tried a California Duster? They are awesome for quickly getting very light dust off as you describe and YOU control how much force & whether debris is scratching your paint. Much less expensive than a cover and just as fast as carefully pulling a cover off.
These are great. Use it with a light touch...
Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by Tackleberry
I have exactly the same feeling every time I drive mine. Infact, simply starting it up in the morning and standing behind it while it warms up is enough to put a silly grin on my face.

Enjoy.....
+10000000000

I just took delivery of my C63 this past weekend and am in LOVE. Congrats to the OP - I'm permagrinning right along with you!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by BK63amg
+10000000000

I just took delivery of my C63 this past weekend and am in LOVE. Congrats to the OP - I'm permagrinning right along with you!

Hahaha...gotta love the permagrin
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Yeehaw, yippy kai yay!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
That car makes even the worst day at work into an incredible commute back home... then you forgot all about the bad day at work!